Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Rock star staff, events every night. Full size kitchen and massive common room. One of my favorite hostels I have ever stayed in. Will be back to Budapest again!

Best hostel ever, definitely going to return! Tables is The Boss!

• 8th Nov 2014

What can I say? I came for a party and got one. The staff and other guests welcome you like a brother or sister upon entry and it's all uphill from there. Got to utilize the kitchen for awesome family breakfasts and had a good bed to sleep in when my body begged for it. I would recommend vitae for solo travelers or groups looking to branch out and meet lots of new people. Hostel location is also top notch within reach of transport, clubs, food, and all the weirdness that budapest has to offer!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! The wonderful staff are absolutely amazing- they offer a warm welcome right from the beginning, and happily point out the local attractions, from the primary tourist spots, to their favorite local restaurants, from the moment you check in. They facilitate a wide variety of social events every night in conjunction with the sister hostels, which make it virtually impossible not to make friends! Definitely one of my top 3 hostels in Europe so far!!

This place is like Hotel California, you will never leave. The staff are all chill-ass dudes, you kinda just want to climb inside them but not in a perverted way... Heaps of fun evening activities, beers for breakfast, family meals and a sweet entertainment suite for when one is too hungover to leave the hostel. Excellent location, walking distance to all the important amenities such as kebab shops and tourist stuff. Shout out to Tables and also Murph has really outSTANDing, excellent legs...

• 7th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Best hostel! I was only supposed to stay for two days, but ended up there fro a week because the staff and guests were so much fun. Special shoutout to Clover and Medler for being awesome and Tables for having really excellent knees.

The staff were super fun but didn't really go out of their way to help out - whenever we asked for suggestions or even tried to check in they would just tell us to go chill out for 10 minutes. The showers barely worked, there was gum stuck on my bed and the mattress was beyond terrible. The boat party was super fun though and pub crawls showed us some fabulous bars and clubs, wifi worked well in the rooms and when the staff felt like it they were also really fun.

Carpe noctum vitae was amazing! By day, the staff are super friendly and always willing to give us delicious food recommendations and organizing tickets for baths, museums etc. Shout out to swapsie and murph for your help! By night the staff turn into crazy party animals and you can be sure wherever they are taking you, the night will be awesome! Make sure you stay close to tables who will ensure you have a memorable night! Overall, no better place to stay in Budapest!

• 4th Nov 2014

Carpe Noctem Vitae is like the most awesome place ever. Imagine living in Neverneverland, with drunk Peter Pan as your guide - that is what this place is like. You are guaranteed to party hard and have all kinds of fun. Tinks is great. So is Tables. Stay here or you're an idiot.

Best place to stay in budapest hands down

A really friendly, super social, fun hostel with great vibes. Can feel a little like a frat house at times, not necessarily a bad thing. Great place to stay, particularly if you're traveling alone (as you will be guaranteed to meet tonnes of people) and/or wanting to party and get involved in the nightlife. Great area too, close to shops, awesome bars and tram lines.

Best hostel I've stayed at! Definitely come here if you like to party, the staff are the best. :)

Had the best time at this hostel. Amazing staff and brilliant atmosphere. Special mention to Clover and Tables who has the best elbows!

• 31st Oct 2014

I love Vitae! I want to return immediately. Amazing staff - every single one of you! You guys know how to involve and interact with everyone and you always keep us informed. A truly great atmosphere for solo or group travelers, plenty of awesome guests to become friends with and see the sights by day and night. You won't find a better hostel in Budapest. Special shout out to Santiago, congrats on the job and initiation my amigo!

A really fun party hostel for anyone that wants to have a great time in Budapest! The staff are awesome also!

Great location, spacious, and very fun staff here! This is definitely a party hostel, and I was definitely not disappointed in that aspect, but the still kept the place very clean! Unfortunately, the room next to the kitchen on the lower level is awful. If anyone is in the kitchen, you can hear them at full volume in the room, just as loud as the door's heavy slam every time it would close. Morning people, late night partiers, every sounds keeps you from getting any sleep! Avoid that room!

The hostel was really well located and was quite clean for a party hostel. We had several staff members coming into our room un announced which was not cool and made us feel really uneasy as they came in while we were sleeping and changing.The pub crawls were ok although the party atmosphere at times felt a bit forced.

Great staffs with good attitudes. Night activities organized so there's always something to do. Great shower.

We went to Hungary for a holiday, Carpe Noctem Vitae is where we chose to stay. We were greeted at the door by a couple of the workers, they said "hey, welcome to the circus". At first we weren't sure of what this meant, though as the week went on we understood their intent. By day the hostel was calm and settled, then by night the parties were insanely mental. But by morning Fables and the crew had washed away all the nights shame. This is the story of how CNV got there 5star name.

• 29th Oct 2014

This is the best hostel ever... Amazing staff, insanely fun/positive atmosphere, great location. Had the craziest week here, went to almost all of the activities they organized (Sparty, karaoke, halloween pub crawl) and always woke up the next day not remembering much, but knowing I had a great time!! Definitely go here... PS. Fables, you have the best smile!!

• 28th Oct 2014