Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

2011 Total Reviews

Have been on the road for 7 months and this would have to be one of the funnest hostels I've stayed at. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Entertainment every night usually at one of the sisters hostels which is good because they are really close and if you want to escape the party one night you can just stay in. I don't think the Budapest experience would be the same if you didn't stay here

The hostel was great. Everyone was friendly and the security on the doors was good. The only suggestion I would have is that the staff get some sort of uniform or something! I had no idea who worked at the hostel or not and it was disconcerting to have people walk into your room when you know they're not staying there, only to find out that they are staff. It also made it difficult to know who to ask for assistance. Other than that, I'd definitely stay here again.

So much fun and the staff really are amazing. Not super clean but I think you get value for money in that you are definitely going to make friends and have a good time.

Need to fix the hot water, no one likes a cold shower.

I had a great 6 days here. The staff were extremely helpful. There is something going on every night, usually joining up with one of the sister hostels. The staff here make it a great place to stay, and will make you feel at home. Go here to party! There was some issues with showers not draining properly and air conditioning malfunctioning on a few hot nights, but the staff did their best to fix the problems. On the higher end for price, and could be cleaner, but fun!

This was a really fun party hostel which is great for backpackers looking for a fun night out and party! the variety of things they offered was great from bar crawls around the ruin bars to boat parties to tickets to the bath parties! everyone was really friendly and welcoming and we had a great time! the rooms were great as well and facilities were excellent!

Definitely would recommend Vitae to other travelers. The staff was great and had loads of recommendations for things to do each day. Also super fun to go out with at night. The planned events each night were a great way to meet the other people at the hostel, which I really appreciated traveling alone. Clean rooms and showers. Fun place!

• 6th Aug 2014

crazy party hostel, but good fun and good location

This is a PARTY HOSTEL! If you are looking for fun COME HERE! If you are looking to do anything else then DONT! The staff are wicked, people are great, and has a very family type feel. The location is excellent and there are always crazy events going on. Fun of epic proportions.

The deluxe 6 bed dorm was nice and spacious with good aircon, the bathrooms were fantastic - spacious with good showers and always free in the morning since most of the other guests are sleeping off their hangovers! Although we knew it was a party hostel so expected people to be coming in late, etc, we were a bit put off buy the rude posters about the staff when we arrived - thankfully in person the staff were very very helpful! The hostel was sometimes loud at 5am but we still slept ok.

A stay at Carpe Noctem Vitae is the most fun you can have with your clothes on (or off - depending entirely on you ;))! Thanks to Ras, Murph, PJ, Flinch...some of the many staff who made it a holiday to remember (never mind all the crazy fun and friendly guests)... Definitely one for the books (well...the parts I remember anyway) ;)..I will definitely be back!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

Well what can I say except Vitae is my home and the staff and guests here are my crazy second family. Its my fourth time here and each time it keeps getting better. How will I ever leave for good?! Love you guys always.

This is a party hostel. However, after 9:00pm the hostel is DEAD because they are located above apartments and must observe quiet hours. If you are looking for an option to party or stay in, this is the place to be. I was sick basically the entire time I was here and I was able to sleep and rest and get better. The kitchen facilities are great and the dorms are okay. There is AC which is key in the heat. The showers are a little dirty but they are huge. Overall, good place to stay.

too crowded, and no personal space, but still a great party hostel

Best hostel I have stayed in. Super easy to meet people around the hostel. The staff are awesome, very helpful and have actives organised at night. Dylan was very helpful during my stay. Must stay here if in Budapest!!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Everything was perfect exept may be the lockers. It would be great to have lockers which is working with the badge like that people don't have to buy a lock if they want to secure their stuff.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Vitae is more like a family than a hostel! We had an amazing time with the friendly staff and awesome crew exploring Budapest. They made sure we always had something to do at night and gave us plenty of options for the day as well. We would return in a heartbeat and would recommend Vitae to anyone who loves a party hostel!

The hostel was excellent from check in to check out they made sure that you enjoyed your stay. The staff were all friendly and good to have a few drinks with in the evening. The hostel provided activities to do each day at a reasonable cost as well so you are never bored. Last of all...the other travellers were a good laugh (mainly under 30 but a few just older) they were always up for doing something, so there's rarely a dull moment here. I will no doubt visit again in the near future.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great people, great time, but the air conditioners weren't working... :(

• 1st Aug 2014

Great party hostel. Clean with good bathroom facilities. Perfect place to meet people. We only had one disappointment - we were three girls traveling together and we were split into separate rooms - not even close to eachother.