Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Do yourself a favour and don't plan anything for directly after Budapest because you won't want to leave this hostel! I booked for 4 nights and ended up extending twice, the staff are beautiful people who really genuinely absorb you into their crazy family. They visit the rooms daily to ensure everyone's having a good time a nd is set for the day with activities and will go above and beyond to make your stay hassle free! Big shout out to Clover, Dave and the crew. I'll be back!!! #bullpitreunion

if you going to budapest to party and enjoy the nightlife there's the place to go. they will organize something different every night pubcrawls sparty...it's a completely different atmosphere with a hipster crazy party vibe

A fantastic place for a solo traveller. The staff create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and everyone gets amongst it. The rooms are clean and we'll organised.

So glad we extended our stay!! Worth every penny

I can't recommend this place enough. I spent 3 months in Europe, staying mostly at hostels. I can say without a doubt that I enjoyed staying here the most! Forget the large chains, the smaller size of this place is what sets it apart. All the staff are super friendly and down to earth, they aren't hiding behind a desk. The events they put on each night were amazing and a great way to get to know the people you're staying with. Most ended up extending their stay, such is the effect Budapest has.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Wow! This place blew my mind! Got recommended to me by two friends that work there and I was not let down. The staff are so friendly and party-crazy you are guaranteed to never want to leave. My stay was enhanced by the fact that all my roommates were awesome fun and we got along like a house on fire from day one! Comfortable beds and the biggest shower I have ever seen in my room. I miss the place already and it's only been two days. Will definitely, definitely be returning. Bullpit 2014!

Favourite hostel! Great location and value for money. The staff know everything great to do in Budapest, including all the local hidden gems, and are always more than happy to help. Great for solo travellers or groups, everyone gets together every night. Facilities are great, especially the big lounge rooms. You can't stay at this hostel without extending!

• 1st Oct 2014

Carpe Noctem Vitae is the place you have to be whilst in Budapest! Within moments of being there these guys made me feel like part of the family. So friendly, the Vitae crew can give you the best knowledge on how to do Budapest by day, whatever your interests are. By night you will have the time of your life with them. They'll take you to be the best spots/hidden gems in town. The atmosphere here is phenomenal and you will not want to leave. I assure you. I'll be back for sure!

• 1st Oct 2014

If you dislike joy, socializing, laughter, fun or just general positivity you probably should stay at home. However if you take pleasure in all of the above and enjoy experiencing culture (drinking and otherwise) with friends that are secretly strangers you have only just met this is the place for you. From the moment you crawl into Vitae you are encompassed in a bubble of awesomeness that turns regular humans into legendary superstars. Impossible not to fall in love with the city they show you.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Wales

BEST HOSTEL EVER!!!! My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights but could have easily stayed a lot longer. Staff were absolutely fantastic. Private rooms were big and clean. Activities are on every night and are all amazing. Staff take you out for pub crawls, boat parties, spa parties and so much more. The nightlife in Budapest is insane and the staff at this hostel will take you out to the best places. Hostel has such a good vibe and atmosphere. MUST STAY HERE!!! I will be back for sure.

Pj gobbles nads

• 28th Sep 2014

Great place to meet new people and have a fun time. Loved the disco shower

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. your one of the family as soon as you enter, the staff go above and beyond to make your stay here unforgettable. With activities, family cook ups, an atmosphere that you just can't beat plus staff that next level , it's VITAE FOR LIFE! Thanks for the best Budapest experience!

• 27th Sep 2014

This place is like wonderland. You will be more than happy to chase the rabbit down the hole and will guarantee that you won't want to leave. Tables, Clover, Mansaw and framecunt are absolute legends. Reserve me a bed guys, Im coming back!

Had an amazing few weeks in Budapest thanks to Vitae, would recommend it to anyone looking to have the time of their lives! Massive shout out to Tables and the SC Express (stopping at all stations...) and to Swapsie for our KFC adventure. Will definitely be back again. Cheers guys!

• Comoros

These mothafuckas are awesome. It's been a blast. You will extend your stay just to hang out with these fools a little longer. The atmosphere is so chill, definitely stay here! Shoutout to C-Belt, Cyclops, Tables and the rest of the crew

• 25th Sep 2014

This hostel was so awesome! The staff were incredibly helpful and make sure you are having an amazing time. The facilities were extremely clean and the beds were comfy. Big shout out to C-Belt, Tables and Cyclops you guys made our stay unforgettable.

• 25th Sep 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in by far! Staff are warm and welcoming but cool too! STAY HERE DO NOT BOTHER LOOKING ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

What a concierge is to a 5 star hotel is what hostel employees are to hostels, except hostel workers don’t assist backpackers for $$$, their advice comes from the heart. They’re fellow travellers. They give us travel tips, take us on pub crawls, keep us safe and make life fun....and Carpe/Carpe Vitae Hostels (stayed at both) have some of the best on the planet, their genuine kindness and spirit is what made Budapest such a joy, they are true jewels in the hostelling world. Xoxo, Chuck 

Great for solo travelers. Organized tours