Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

1984 Total Reviews

The hostel was excellent from check in to check out they made sure that you enjoyed your stay. The staff were all friendly and good to have a few drinks with in the evening. The hostel provided activities to do each day at a reasonable cost as well so you are never bored. Last of all...the other travellers were a good laugh (mainly under 30 but a few just older) they were always up for doing something, so there's rarely a dull moment here. I will no doubt visit again in the near future.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great people, great time, but the air conditioners weren't working... :(

• 1st Aug 2014

Great party hostel. Clean with good bathroom facilities. Perfect place to meet people. We only had one disappointment - we were three girls traveling together and we were split into separate rooms - not even close to eachother.

Awesome hostel in great location with fantastic social atmosphere.

good : extremely helpful and friendly staff. all of them speaks perfect english. there are organized party-related activities every day, and there is always a collection of people kicking back in the common room. bad : the overall hygiene and privacy in this place are abysmall. the common room smells, staff do not wear shoes (which is fine until they go up on your bed with their dirty bear feet), the bathrooms are disgusting and the rooms too small and with windows through which all can see.

Great hostel, Great location, Even better people - Was a bit worried about the language barrier etc. before arriving but everyone makes you feel right at home (city map, circling do's and dont's, recommendations etc.) Has a super chill environment with a definite party vibe but the noise is always kept down so if you're not into the partying atmosphere its still a great space. Really well organised bar crawl every night that meets up with other hostels so is easy to meet people esp. when solo

This is an order. Go there. I'm going back next year and I stayed a week. The staff are awesome and their is someone to meet and something to do every night alone or as a group. So much do by day and night.

I booked two nights at Carpe but moved to another hostel after the first night, mainly because the other guests weren't really my kind of crowd and the hostel itself wasn't so clean. Positives: the staff give a very personalised service, giving you loads of useful info when you arrive and showing you to your room. This is a party hostel so they organise a night out every night, if that's your thing. If you're 18-22 and just want to party, stay here. If not, I wouldn't recommend it.

Great hostel for young people looking to enjoy themselves in Budapest. Had an absolutely amazing time here, my favorite of all the cities i traveled to! Would definitely recommend this hostel!

staff were awesome best crew of misfits we met on tour they know how to have fun and a good time. they will invite the whole hostel out for drinks every night and show you a good time 10 out of 10

• 27th Jul 2014

Great place to party in Budapest! Definitely coming back!

Very central and easy to find your way about from. Very noisy on evening from guests but it is a party bar. Was no air Con in my room just a fan Which was great but sleepless nights from the noise coming off it!

• 26th Jul 2014

This hostel is basically for 18 year olds who only want to drink which is fine unless you're looking for other things to do. I was kind of disappointed in their nightly events - there are SO many cool bars in budapest and they tend to predominantly hang out at the sister hostel bar. We had a private room which was in it's own apartment with a kitchen, laundry, washroom and balcony along with two other private rooms. The room was amazing and we did our own thing at night so enjoyed our stay.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at, the staff were very helpful, very lively, and just there to have a great time with you! In particular, Frame (Staff Member) was willing to do anything in his power to make sure I got the most out of my time in Budapest, he helped me find restaurants, bars, tours etc. It is a welcoming atmosphere, couldn't recommend this place any higher to those in question.

Amazing hostel, the staff are awesome, so helpful and friendly perfect if you want the option to go out and party but also get some sleep. Rooms are super clean, beds where comfortable and we even had aircon in the room which was great. They couldnt do enough for you there, I will 100% going back again, would recommend to anyone. Thanks for having us!

• 24th Jul 2014

Everything at the hostel was absolutely spot on! Had everything you need...fully equipped kitchen, great common areas and a disco shower. Definitely stay here if you want a great party - different events every night. The staff (especially Jax) were amazing and helpful. Would stay here again for sure!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very very socialable hostel that organise events every night & cook meals. Rooms don't have en suites and the communal showers have a bit of mould in but nothing too bad. The hostel doesn't have cleaners and is cleaned by the staff there already so it's not too spotless. Locks on the doors don't seem to work too well either as staff just kept roaming in or even staying in our room. Very helpful though and would recommend it if you're into party hostels!

Best hostel we stayed in throughout our 6 weeks in europe, would highly recommend, we stayed in a 4 bed private dorm

• 22nd Jul 2014

You pay for what you get here. Your stay is cheap for a reason-- place is filthy. It's also run mostly by faux-hippie Austrailians who run around bare foot and shirtless. Sure they want to cull an atmosphere of "laid back" and "cool". The reality: staff are unorganized 20somethings who don't know if they're coming or going. You'll like this hostel if you like tacky pub crawls and meeting 18-20 year old "backpackers" who's only interests are getting wasted. Positive: location is nice!

This is the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure of staying at. Staff and guests at Vitae are the best in the world, you quickly find yourself a part of a new family :) I literally cannot wait to go back, leaving Vitae was the most difficult thing I've had to do in a long time. -Sparkles