Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

If you come to Budapest stay at this hostel! In fact you should leave a few buffer days in your travel plans because I guarantee that you will want to extend your stay. Amazing staff that were all friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. Clean facilities, and events planned every night so you're bound to make great friends. This is a big party hostel and a great place to get out of your comfort zone but if you want to stay in and have a chill night you can do that too. GET DOWN WITH VITAE!

• 29th May 2014

If you haven't left Vitae without losing your voice from "WOOOOOO" ing too much, then it's advised that you go back again and party harder. The staff here are so friendly and will help with all you need to know from going out in the day and going to the best bars in the night. I will definitely be returning. C5, Baz, Cosmo, Frame and Batman all top staff.

• 29th May 2014

This place is absolutely incredible! The staff is great and they are more than willing to help with anything you might need. There is always something going on with organized night out events, or you can just relax at the hostel itself. Truly a spectacular place to experience if you want to stay in Budapest! In a residential building so around 8:30 PM is when everyone goes out. Main common room on top floor is quite big and comfy, each floor has its own with kitchen, etc. THIS PLACE ROCKS!

As solo traveller, was a tad apprehensive about a party hostel. I needn't have worried. The vitae team are so welcoming and make you feel part of a family from the moment u walk in. Shoutout to Cosmo, Fargo, Cyclops and Norway!!: Legends among others who totally make vitae. Facility's great and you quickly feel comfortable enough to make place your own. Those who want a quiet one: the place is silent after 10, you aren't obliged to join the party but u totally should. Best part of my trip easy!!

We had a quiet double room to the back of the building. So getting some sleep was ok for us. Some of the doorms though are located right next to the living room. Guests are supposed to be quiet after 10 pm, but that does not always work out. The people at the hostel were really nice and it was a very friendly atmosphere and easy to meet other people at the hostel. So it was worth going for three nights. But if you are looking for a cheap, clean and quiet hostel I would recommend some other place

• 27th May 2014

It's a "party hostel", but they forget about the "hostel" and just do the "party". It's not clean: I've seen people coming and leaving the room (I've stayed for 3 nights) and the bed sheets were never changed. Room was never cleaned. Small lockers. Few showers. Staff doesn't know much about points of interest, and I think they don't care (there was only one guy there really trying to help, the others were in hangover). I doubt they are regular and pay all taxes. It's cheap, but it doesn't worth!

Best days and nights I've ever had in my life right here at aCarpe Noctem Vitae, the hostel activities are so much fun, don't think i've ever managed to be so drunk consistently. Shout out to the staff, the best people you'll ever meet and extra shout out to cyclops for his rapping. I'll be back for sure!

Thanks for an awesome stay guys. You are all legends!!

*Buy a tram pass, they'll tell you not to, we got stopped and fined. That aside this place is crazzzzy fun! It is a party hostel at its finest. Meaning it's not the fanciest place you'll stay but it darn well might be the most fun. With events set up each night you will always have something to do. Plus the staff will give you a FULL run down of what to do during the day! Helpful and fun, I do not regret my stay here! Oo and GO to the 'sparty' people, it's worth it.

The staff was amazing, the facilities were spectacular, and the atmosphere overall was just perfect. I have already sent multiple people to this hostel because it was such a great place.

• 22nd May 2014

I am a 21 year old girl who was traveling alone for the first time so I was a little nervous coming to Budapest. But Carpe Noctem Vitae made me feel right at home. I had no troubles making friends and the staff made me feel so welcome! This trip ended up being my favorite one so far (out of the 11 countries I visited) and I think a large part of it was because of the hostel. I had so much fun and I was so sad when I had to leave. I'm definitely coming back!! (shoutout to Cyclops and Norway :))

• 22nd May 2014

Really good atmosphere, no check-out time, really relaxed people and the staff were fun. They organized stuff for everyone (and connected with the other party hostels) that was fun and made the stay awesome. The only thing is that they live in a residential area so you have to be quiet after 10, so they start drinking around 8:30. But that was fine because everyone was friends with everyone by the end of the trip. Would definitely recommend this hostel for those who want to meet people.

Had a blast, Pineapple is the man

The hostel was nice but very warm inside the rooms with stale air. Hostel staff were great and very helpful. As a party hostel, they definitely organize fun events. Great location. I'll be back...

Staff was great but cleaniliness of the hostel was terrible. As it is a party hostel it was to be expected. Showers upstairs are much better than those downstairs.

If you're visiting budapest, and you're not staying here, then you need to re-evaluate yourself. This place is a guaranteed great time.

I booked this hostel for 2 nights originally and I ended up staying for an entire week. Big hats off to everyone here for making it a home away from home. Me and batman couldn't get enough and when I left I received a standing ovation that actually brought tears to my eyes. I will never forget my stay here and will be back as soon as I can. Thank you everyone at carpe noctem for creating a great atmosphere! Shout out to Cosmo, Seth Rogan, Cyclops, C5, C6, and everyone else! See you all soon!!

This was a great hostel! The staff members were great. They helped show us places to go for sightseeing, and encouraged a very friendly and social atmosphere in the hostel. This hostel would not suit anyone who wanted a quiet stay, as music plays all day long, but it is perfect if you want to both sight see and explore the party atmosphere of Budapest.

Wow. I came to Budapest not expecting much and I left Vitae beyond impressed. Staying at this hostel completely made my trip for me. I'm travelling alone but all the staff and guests are so friendly you feel right at home the second you get there. The facilities are perfect for a hostel and the staff are even better. Thank you to Cyclops for giving amazing advice on working in the industry and Rob for being a gem. If you want to have the best time, go here! There is no better place

• 20th May 2014

Check in was awesome, you feel like you're wanted there rather than being there only to make a business work. The staff are the most welcoming Ive ever experienced