Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

The worst hostel I have ever stayed at. If you are an independent thinker and have a brain this place is not for you. If you want to get yelled at by staff and treated disrespectfully this place is not for you. If you want to see mouse running around and idiots who are drunk 24/7 and the excuse for them to yell at you is its a party hostel then this place is not for you. If you are not Australian, Canadian, English then this place is not for you. DO NOT GO HERE AT ALL.

Thanks guys - I had a great time :)))

• 27th Dec 2014

This was my third return visit to Vitae and it continues to surpass every other hostel I've visited throughout Europe. Carpe Noctem Vitae is a party hostel that doubles as a cozy home for your hungover mornings. Every staff member is knowledgable, friendly, and keen to go out have a legendary night with all of the guests. 10/10 would recommend

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Blucht

Second time I am at this place and I still feel like I haven't spent enough time in Budapest, if you ever come to Budapest, this is THE HOSTEL to stay, big shoutout to Aussie dave (manager) for making my stay wonderful! Rigel

• 21st Dec 2014

Great place! Fun staff!

Great party hostel. Not as rowdy as Retox but still fun in my opinion. Great and helpful staff made the Hungary experience an awesome one. Cheers!

Great hostel with the most amazing staff. Felt like home. The aquarium was an experience make sure you ask about it and a man named Frame. Can recommend. Murph, Tables, Ghillie, Australian David, C-belt, Cyclops, Clover, Meddler, Pepper, DJ and Fables were a top crew. Also my bad Clover.

• 18th Dec 2014

This place is exactly like staying at your best friends house. As soon as you walk in the staff all go out of their way to introduce themselves and give you a half hour map reading of the area. Every night there is an amazing event on but no pressure if you don't feel like it. Everyone is so welcoming but they are also massive party people. The staff don't sit behind the desk, they all hang out with the travellers, finding ways to make their stay the best it can be. Loved every second of it.

I had a wonderful stay. The staff is really friendly and makes you feel welcome. They're always available to answer questions or give you ideas on how to advance your holiday. There's a party atmosphere, but there's enforced quiet hours after 10, so sleeping isn't an issue. It's in a great location - within walking distance to a lot of attractions. Clean, safe, easy registration. 10/10 would stay again!

• 15th Dec 2014

Great hostel! The staff are possibly the best of any hostel I've been to. They recommend stuff for you to do during the day and there's planned nights out every night so there's always stuff to do. I came back to Budapest twice on my trip because I knew I would have a great time here. Such a family feel, perfect if you're traveling alone!

• 14th Dec 2014

The nicest hostel of 4 budapest party hostels. Staff are cool, but a bit distant. Atmosphere is nice. Place is not the cleanest compared to chain hostels. A lot of hostel planned activities. Perfect for partying and chilling at the same time. You will meet a lot of young Australians and young Americans who are cliquey

Just the best place to stay and meet a great bunch of people to have fun with. The staff are awesome and help you with all your touristy needs. Then comes the nights... a different party every night, guaranteed fun and hangover. Nice and warm in Winter and you're always welcome to cook food, watch movies and chill if you feel you might just need one night off from the craziness that make Vitae the great place that it is. So if you like meeting cool people, drinking and having fun, stay here!

Great hostel, great vibe and great staff. The perfect hostel to stay at if you are looking for a PARTY but also interested in seeing what the city has to offer in the day. Really good for people traveling solo. The staff gave a detailed map reading (thanks tinks!) on where to go and what to do which was really helpful. I understand why so many people stay and never want to leave !

Great staff, very welcoming, and helpful with directions and things to do. Would defo go back.

• 10th Dec 2014

If you come to Europe and miss VITAE you haven't done Europe right. These sexy fools are my family. They love all us crazy alcoholics who check in and because of them we never leave. 9th visit as good as ever! LOVE DAT STAFF- cyclops: master of the 12 realms , babbee and newest 11th realm master cbelt, tables and clover: what legends- thanks again y'all, the most fantastic gurrllll hitch, that beauty murph rockin the bun, ghillie and his fly boys, and medlers amazing cuddles. Cheers ya cunts xx

• 9th Dec 2014

Drink, Sleep, Rave, Drink, Repeat! Awesome hostel with even better staff. The staff went the extra mile to make me feel welcome. For a laid back hostel they are very organised with the events that they ran every night. Shout out to Cyclops, Murph, Tables and Gilly who were the sickest kents around. Highly recommend for a good time. Will be back. Wish I could stay longer! Cheers kents!

Vitae is one of the most incredible places I've ever been, I checked in for 2 nights and stayed for 2 weeks. Steven, you're an amazing person and you've become a true friend, I wish you the best at bph

Awesome hostel. The staff, the facilities, everything about it was great. If you want to party but also have the time to know the city, this is your hostel.

Two words - Frame and lightweight. Stay at vitae and you´ll understand what I am referring to. Seriously though, if you´re up for a rad time at night and down to meet heaps of people (if you have an Australian fetish, you are in for a treat) stay at vitae! No doubt some of the best lads and lasses running around in Europe in this one beautiful city.

I had the best time at this hostel, probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at actually. The staff is awesome and so are the people that stay there. It's a great place for solo travelers to meet other people because the staff always has something going on every night so makes it easy to meet others. I was only there for 2 nights and wish I could have extended my stay but had my flight booked. Therefore I just booked my ticket to return back! I cannot wait. Book this hostel!!!

• 5th Dec 2014