Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Best hostel I've stayed in by far! Staff are warm and welcoming but cool too! STAY HERE DO NOT BOTHER LOOKING ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

What a concierge is to a 5 star hotel is what hostel employees are to hostels, except hostel workers don’t assist backpackers for $$$, their advice comes from the heart. They’re fellow travellers. They give us travel tips, take us on pub crawls, keep us safe and make life fun....and Carpe/Carpe Vitae Hostels (stayed at both) have some of the best on the planet, their genuine kindness and spirit is what made Budapest such a joy, they are true jewels in the hostelling world. Xoxo, Chuck 

Great for solo travelers. Organized tours

This is the first time I have bothered to write a review for a hostel or hotel. I felt compelled to do so because this was one of the most enjoyable places I have ever stayed in my life. It's a pure party hostel (but not an 'after party' hostel so you can sleep!) All of their main activities are based off site in conjunction with other hostels, meaning the parties are massive, you meet heaps of new people, and you will always be entertained. I extended my stay there and went back again!

• 20th Sep 2014

Everyone is so friendly and was a great environment to make new friends. If you are a solo traveller I highly recommend!

• 17th Sep 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at in my life. I've never walked into a hostel and instantly become best friends with the staff/guests. Everyone that works there is great, and they know how to have fun and show ya a great time in one of the best cities in the world. Loved every second of it. Can't wait to get back there and see you legends again. Sincerely Fables!!

• 16th Sep 2014

Best hostel in budapest, amazing staff and incredible atmosphere. Extended my stay twice and didn't ever want to leave. Will definitely go back one day.

• 16th Sep 2014

Had a great time at Vitae, there is always something to do of an evening and meeting people was super easy. The bathrooms/kitchen were cleaned regularly but were still average. The staff were amazing, always happy to help out and hang out. Would definitely stay again!

The place to be if you want to party and be social. By far the best hostel I've stayed at while backpacking Europe.

Great hostel for socialising, partying and getting a bit of sleep. Can't make any noise after 9pm which was a bit annoying but overall the staff were helpful with organising activities every day. The hostel could be cleaner but can't really fault them. Place was great

An excellent hostel for party goers and young travellers who want to meet new people. Location in the city is bang on, and there are many group activities provided by the friendly and enthusiastic staff. Value for money is unmatched. So good I had to extend my stay and still did not want to leave. Have recommended it to everyone I have met who is travelling to Budapest. Just do it!

Good hostel and great people. Not the cleanest but hey its a hostel. Would stay again. Thanks guys. :)

I'll be back!

Carpe Nocturn Vitae is a fine example of exactly what it says it is, a party hostel. If your not ready to get drunk and debaucherous with a group of awesome people then steer clear. I honestly thought I could but after 3 nights I was a soulless shell of a human being. Definitely worth the experience though, and the place has the best atmosphere of any hostel I've been to. Stayed at retox too, in my opinion carpe nocturn vitae is better.

Crazy good hostel. Staff are champions who are ready to make your stay in Budapest event filled and fun. Location is close to all things worth seeing/doing. Very clean, comfortable and if your after quiet this is enforced heavily at ten pm. I will most certainly be coming back for round two. Cheers you bunch of legends. Beerie

Definitely a party hostel! You won't get away with not going out there and the nights out are amazing, the whole hostel goes out together and there is an organised night every night. Standards were excellent, a family meal every night and the best part about it was the people who ran it. So amazingly helpful and friendly and are the sole reason for the great atmosphere that comes with the place. I would definitely recommend a visit to anyone wanting to have a great time ( free table football!).

• 10th Sep 2014

This was the most fun I've ever had at a hostel. The staff were absolutely incredible getting everyone involved in whatever was happening so no one felt out of place. And the place itself has really nice places to chill out and meet people if partying isn't your thing. I will definitely be returning some day in the future.

Best hostel I have stayed at yet, staff were awesome and so were the guests. Everyone was so nice and also an awesome location with a major tram Line right outside, short walks from best bars and clubs and restaurants

Good hostel but this goes above beyond the title of your usual party hostel... it is ONLY a party hostel.. as in dont stay here unless you wanna party. Staff were great and super knowledgeable but yeah be prepared for 3am squealing girls.

Suuuuuuper fun. Excellent relaxed party atmosphere. Disgusting rooms and dribbling shower heads. But so fun.