Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

There is nothing I can say here that will do justice the the amazing time I had at Vitae. In all of my travels it was single handedly the hardest place I've ever had to leave. The staff are amazing, there is always something going on and everyone includes everyone in everything. In a week both the staff and the other guests became like a family. I cant wait to come back. Make sure you get in on family dinner as well, every time I ate the food was great!

Friendly staff who seem to prefer to have a good time the to work and the basics like clean the place. The office is a pig sty and looks like it has never been cleaned. There seems to be poor communication between staff members. I had several different hostel room mates who were just changing rooms within the complex. Common facilities seem to have been picked up from a road side collection basic total junk. Saying this it was a very relaxing place and the staff were very accommodating 6.5/10.

The best hostel I've stayed in across any of the 5 continents I've travelled on. Friendly and helpful staff that are as involved in the night life and activities as you are. Friendly and involving atmosphere with events on every day and night. I would recommend it without hesitation.

• 25th Aug 2014

hands down one of the best hostels ive ever stayed at.. the staff make you feel at home and the guests become family

Awesome hostel with the friendliest staff, we had a great time and would love to go back some day. Definitely the number one hostel in Budapest.

Great location if you want to be in the middle of the party hub and fab party hostel for those early, single 20 some things. If in 30s you'll feel old!

This place is over rated and the cleanliness and any professionalism from staff is absent. When I arrived I was disgusted at the ripped sofas, wet towels on the floors and how dirty everything was. The organised nights did help to meet people but they seemed fairly unorganised when out. The staff are pretty much like students in the hostel.

Great place to stay. Sometimes they run out of locks, better bring your own... Many events and helpful relaxed staff.

• 21st Aug 2014

Best bathrooms I have had during my 6 week trip around Europe. Really big and clean. Good kitchen facilities, plenty of space to hang out in. Events on every night. Perfect.

I stayed here as a solo travelor. This is a good party hostel were everyone goes out in the evening. There is no bar and the common area is layed out a bit weird so can be tricky to meet people. I luckily was in a room with nice people so that helped. Only down side is it's a little bit rough round the edges in terms of cleanliness, and lots of people were late teens early 20s and I'm getting onto 30 now so would have been nice to have some older people. But That's me being difficult.

This place is the best hostel Ive ever stayed at. The staff are awesome and so is the atmosphere, everyone is really friendly and theres a very nice family feel. Great place if you are traveling alone or wanna meet new people.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Big disappointment. Please don't enter the room without knocking and vacuum while we are still sleeping (even if its at 3pm), that extremely rude and made us uncomfortable. Please don't charge us for a four beds room if we have to cross a twelve beds room to access it. Please renew your facilities and clean the bathrooms. Keep the atmosphere though !

Great place to meet people and have an amazing time in Budapest. The bar crawls are awesome and it's a small place so you get to meet a lot of people. If you stay here you will have the best time. It's a family style place and everyone just wants you to be a part of it. You should 100% stay here. It's a nice option if you wanna stay in a party hostel but don't want to be partying every second of the day. Loved it!!! The place is not the cleanest but you get over it because you are loving life

You can't describe vitae in words, only feelings of extreme happiness and joy. I've never had more fun at a hostel - the staff are awesome, every night there are cool activities (e.g.boat party,) the facilities and security are great but overall the atmosphere is unbeatable. You feel like you're part of a big family that you get really drunk with every night. The only downside is that you'll never want to leave. Shoutout to Frame who now owes me 3 beers!

The hostel is in a great location but is rather run down and the bathrooms are gross

I can barley even begin to describe the fun we had here. If you're looking for the stay of a lifetime, look no further; this place is SPECTACULAR! Half the staff are travelers who refused to leave and now wash dishes for bed and board. They'll be out with you every night showing you the best places and organizing the funnest parties and then up bright and early sporting an almost-sober smile, keeping the place spotless and running like clockwork. We made friends for life and can't wait to return

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great hostel, just make sure you want to party day and night, because that is what people are there to do. It was a fun stay in what was a very fun city.

Clean, spacious, well located, secure and the most friendly and welcoming staff! Incredibly easy to meet people and nights out you can only dream of!

Hostel was in good location, great atmosphere and lots on offer in terms of activities/nights out etc. Toilet/shower area became dirty at times and the upstairs toilet floor was covered in mud for a couple of days after it rained at the festival. Party bus to the festival was a great idea and great value for money. Staff were really friendly and happy to help.

Perfect place to be during Sziget!

• 15th Aug 2014