Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

2059 Total Reviews

staff were awesome best crew of misfits we met on tour they know how to have fun and a good time. they will invite the whole hostel out for drinks every night and show you a good time 10 out of 10

• 27th Jul 2014

Great place to party in Budapest! Definitely coming back!

Very central and easy to find your way about from. Very noisy on evening from guests but it is a party bar. Was no air Con in my room just a fan Which was great but sleepless nights from the noise coming off it!

• 26th Jul 2014

This hostel is basically for 18 year olds who only want to drink which is fine unless you're looking for other things to do. I was kind of disappointed in their nightly events - there are SO many cool bars in budapest and they tend to predominantly hang out at the sister hostel bar. We had a private room which was in it's own apartment with a kitchen, laundry, washroom and balcony along with two other private rooms. The room was amazing and we did our own thing at night so enjoyed our stay.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at, the staff were very helpful, very lively, and just there to have a great time with you! In particular, Frame (Staff Member) was willing to do anything in his power to make sure I got the most out of my time in Budapest, he helped me find restaurants, bars, tours etc. It is a welcoming atmosphere, couldn't recommend this place any higher to those in question.

Amazing hostel, the staff are awesome, so helpful and friendly perfect if you want the option to go out and party but also get some sleep. Rooms are super clean, beds where comfortable and we even had aircon in the room which was great. They couldnt do enough for you there, I will 100% going back again, would recommend to anyone. Thanks for having us!

• 24th Jul 2014

Everything at the hostel was absolutely spot on! Had everything you need...fully equipped kitchen, great common areas and a disco shower. Definitely stay here if you want a great party - different events every night. The staff (especially Jax) were amazing and helpful. Would stay here again for sure!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very very socialable hostel that organise events every night & cook meals. Rooms don't have en suites and the communal showers have a bit of mould in but nothing too bad. The hostel doesn't have cleaners and is cleaned by the staff there already so it's not too spotless. Locks on the doors don't seem to work too well either as staff just kept roaming in or even staying in our room. Very helpful though and would recommend it if you're into party hostels!

Best hostel we stayed in throughout our 6 weeks in europe, would highly recommend, we stayed in a 4 bed private dorm

• 22nd Jul 2014

You pay for what you get here. Your stay is cheap for a reason-- place is filthy. It's also run mostly by faux-hippie Austrailians who run around bare foot and shirtless. Sure they want to cull an atmosphere of "laid back" and "cool". The reality: staff are unorganized 20somethings who don't know if they're coming or going. You'll like this hostel if you like tacky pub crawls and meeting 18-20 year old "backpackers" who's only interests are getting wasted. Positive: location is nice!

This is the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure of staying at. Staff and guests at Vitae are the best in the world, you quickly find yourself a part of a new family :) I literally cannot wait to go back, leaving Vitae was the most difficult thing I've had to do in a long time. -Sparkles

Whether your chilling on the porch or becoming a beer wizard with a Cyclopes, chilling with the Cosmos, or learning Gallic. All I can say is it is nothing short of an amazing time, like any place, the people make it, and the staff could not be any more amazing if there all rode giraffes :)

This was legitimately the best hostel I've ever stayed at in my travels! The staff are absolute legends and the atmosphere at this hostel is fantastic whether you're a solo traveler or in a group. There is always something fun on every night and you can count on the staff to be helpful! The location is superb, almost everything worth seeing in Budapest is walking distance.

Can't recommend Vitae more, it was the best trip and definitely best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff are amazing, especially Murph and Cyclops who really helped me when I had problems with my booking... The atmosphere is incredible and you can easily meet many like minded travellers. The staff offers help with what to do/see in the daytime and includes everyone in the nightly outings which are so much fun. Already miss everyone a lot, can't wait to go back!

We stayed at Vitae our first time in Budapest and loved it so much we came back again. The rooms are great, the atmosphere of the hostel is awesome and every night out there's something good going on. The staff are also what makes this place so unreal, always going above and beyond to make you feel welcome and make sure you have a good time. Vitae really sets the standards in my books for the way any hostel experience should be and I can't recommend it enough.

Had an epic time at carpe cheers guys for a memorable stay and an epic 5 days!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great staff, clean facilities, amazing atmosphere. They will take you out every night, book amazing day activities, and then even cook you dinner while you are there. Really icool old building in a perfect and super accessible location. Also, having been there in July, a hostel with AC was so nice to return to. It's a mistake to book anywhere else really.

I stayed at carpe noctem PARTY HOSTEL (vitae) for 3 nights. monday was cool open mic party, tuesday was a crazy jungle party! wednesday was a FREE fun pub crawl! I got PISSED! carpe noctem vitae hostel party, thank you! shoutout to chunk!

Perfect hostel if you're in Budapest to party. We were in the new part of the hostel. Our room was one floor down from the reception which was perfect because we could sleep without being disturbed by people who came back super late/early extremely drunk or by the early birds. Also, don't miss the sparty! Every sunday night during the summer.

Highly rate this hostel, the location is great and they can provide anything you need. Great atmosphere, everyone is super friendly and the staff are really helpful with heaps of ideas to explore the city and make sure you have a great time. The hostel is in a great location, within walking distance to anything you need and on a main road.