Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Amazing hostel and amazing staff! Whether you want to go party every night, relax or a bit of both, the staff here do everything in their power to make sure you have a good time. There's no shortage of recommendations on things to do, eat and see while in Budapest, and if you're up for a big night out on the town, they can definitely help you with that! The location is perfect, security top notch and you're guaranteed to make friends while you're here. This is definitely the place to stay!

This place is amazing. Couldn't ask for better staff, atmosphere or location. It's the kind of place you wouldn't mind missing your plane home for just to stay longer.. I couldn't recommend carpe highly enough.

Cool party hostel, could be cleaner!

Great hostel with everything you need from a hostel plus awesome staff and great people, shout out to ken-doll for being fantastic!

Was very impressed. Value for money great, and the staff were very helpful in all cases. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would recommend the hostel to any travellers.

• 24th Nov 2013

Carpe Noctem Vitae was hands down the best hostel we've stayed in in Europe. We initially booked three nights and extended an extra 4 nights & if we didn't have a non-flexible flight out of Budapest, I can guarantee I'd still be at Vitae! The common areas were perfect to recover in during the day, meet people and get ready to head out. We met so many good guests, but the main stand out was the staff - such an awesome crew!! Not just extremely knowledgeable, but genuinely funny and great value.

The staff will make your stay there awesome, there are many beds in Budapest, but if you looking for a sociable environment, this is the place to be. Special thank you for Willy (cyclops), Ozzy Dave, Scrampy.

A very family like hostel. However if only staying for a couple of days it can feel like you are intruding. Activities they offer each night are fantastic and different....

This has been my favorite hostel in my 3 month euro trip, don't miss it! This place is always full of super friendly people who are always willing to go explore Budapest, head out for a drink, or hang out around the hostel. This place also has great common areas and it's partnership with other hostels makes sure you always have A. A planned event at night, and B. The option to stay in for a quiet one without being disturbed by parties. Also I hear Dave gives out free hugs to lonely travelers

I have traveled in Europe for three months and I have not seen any hostel that is like carpe noctem vitae. If you want to stay in a place that is more like a house than a hostel, and the staff and guests are more like family than come here. It has a great location and great events every night. Everyone I met extended their stay, some for up too a month or two. Shout out to not so angry steve and Aussie Dave with a very jovial hat. And lea and all the staff and all the guests too. Stay here!

Me like Vitae. It goood! (ITS A TRAP, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN) On a more serious note I like Turtles. I like being Beer Pong Champs with angry SteveMan. Still haven't conquered the folding of Aussie Dave. But Im a patient man and love the thrill of the HUNT!!

• 17th Nov 2013

Well located and secure hostel. Staff had excellent knowledge of city and were quick to offer a lot of helpful advice for things to do day and night, especially Leah and Steve. Facilities offered were excellent, notably the kitchen. Atmosphere was energetic at night, however the 'long-termers' and their possessiveness of the hostel/know it all attitudes gave off clicky vibes that were not the most welcoming for 'tourists'. Not hostels fault. Highly recommend this hostel and wld definitely return

Great hostel, very organised, staff were friendly and helpful, there was a party every night and could still get a good nights sleep if you wanted to. The staff are amazing, except for Aussie Dave...

Best hostel I have ever stayed at, The staff where amazing. so friendly, welcoming and helped us with everything we needed. Caving is amazing, so much fun and would recommend it to everyone. All the facilities where keep really clean and the kitchens available have everything you need! Location was great, in the heart of the city and near all the great famous ruin bars. Shout out to Leah - such a sick chick and awesome to be around.

After originally booking for 3 nights I ended up staying for a month, leaving Vitae was one of the hardest things I've had to do, the staff become family and the guests become best friends. Vitae is like a second home, I'm already counting down the days until I can return.

• 13th Nov 2013

What started off as a short stop in Budapest ended up being the best 2 weeks of my trip. Hostel was far and above any i have stayed at with amazing staff. Shout out to the eskimo brothers Aussie Dave and Steve, Cosmo, Kendall/Noddy in tights, had a wicked time with you guys. Look forward to staying there again in the future. Honk Honk

Don't even think about staying anywhere else. Every staff member is perfect. Except for Aussie Dave, he's close...but not quite there yet. We would live here if we could, and most people actually never leave. Get ready to have fun and ruin your liver

Aussie Dave is the bomb!

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Vitae is da best. If you don't stay here when your in Budapest ya dumb!!!!!!!!!!! Lea lea is a super hot biatch.

I have been very lucky to have a number of great hostels I have stayed in recently, Carpe Noctem Vitae was definitely one of them. The staff create a great atmosphere in the hostel by partying and hanging out with the guests, even cooking dinner each night. Steve and Cosmo are the kind of guys you want working at your hostel, hell I'd lend them my car for the weekend!! The facilities are great, the party's rock!! What else could you need in Budapest? Two thumbs up from this guy....Cheers, Peter