Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Great Hostel if you want to party

• 14th May 2014
  • Sweden

We were 4 Icelanders traveling through Europe. When we came to the hostel our minds were totally blown, it was like summer camp for adults! The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helped you to get your party on. What we liked the most about this hostel was the atmosphere, everyone that stayed there seemed to be interesting to know you and party with you. We had the best of times with the alcoholympics, beer biking, pub crawls, sparty etc. Lots of love from Team Iceland! Highly recommended!

• 13th May 2014
  • Iceland

I LOVE CARPE NOCTEM VITAE! I booked 6 nights and ended up staying 8 because I couldn't bear to leave the exciting activities Vitae and the city had to offer me! I never had so much to drink in one week than I did there and it's thanks to the staff who encouraged me to bring out my wild side everyday! Shout out to CYCLOPS for the best hugs and making the beer bike happen, MATT for getting stuck in the garage, and COSMO for cooking a sick brekkie. I'm definitely going back and everyone shoud, too!

Exceeded my expectations. The staff, guests and environment are so inviting. I really felt comfortable, safe and welcome my entire stay. I will definitely be back and recommend Vitae to anyone looking for a home away from home/a great time!

This is a party hostel. Lots of activities to get the people together. Ideal for solo travellers. Staff very very friendly and dedicated to the passangers. They help a lot and also join the activities during the night. The hostel is really well located, close to everything at walking distance. Bathrooms were barely ok, mattress need to be changed, few plugs in the room and the wifi was coming and going. This are probably the weak points. But overall is a very good hostel, with focus in party.

If you come to Budapest and don't stay at Vitae, you are making the BIGGEST mistake of your life! It is a wonderland of happiness. Shout out to my sexy staff babes (LOVE Y'ALL) - they make this place home for all of us! (especially when you get kisses from Aussie Dave) Biggest nights, and bigger hangovers with awesome company - life doesn't get better. There's a reason i've been back here 5 times this year!! Vitae is a family and a home. STAY HERE and then most likely never leave. LOVE VITAE!

You should be careful when a hostel labels themselves as a "party hostel" although it didn't seem like that at all because you could only drink at the hostel at 9 because it was in a residential building.. we were informed by the staff member who greeted us within 5 minutes how much she and the other members "loved drugs" but they weren't aloud to do them in Budapest so neither were we.. it was the worst greeting we have ever had. apart from that location was good. our room was tiny and stuffy

Great location, helpful staff, did feel like a place for travellers under 25 though and my wristband (to enter and leave the building) had a faint whiff of pee. All in all, a good place if you want to enjoy the Budapest nightlife.

I have stayed here twice and after the first time here I thought it couldn't get better. Fast forward to this year, totally blew my expectations outta the water! This place rocks! The staff are all beauty's and the times you have here will be the best. You can chill here or party like mad, either way it's a great place to be. So do yourself some justice while in Budapest and stay at vitae!! The sask boys

My boyfriend and I arrived to Carpe Noctem Vitae and planned to stay only a night, maybe two. We ended up staying three nights total and wanted to stay longer. If we hadn't planned to fly from Prague back to the UK we definitely would've stayed longer for sure. The staff at Carpe Noctem make the experience hands down. The hostel is ran by a wonderful group of Ausie's and Canadians who once visited the hostel and decided to never leave so that says alot. Definitely recommend staying here!

We loved the fact that the staff was always available for us, they did our stay amazing.

Best hostel staff I've ever encountered. Great stay, loved it!

• 8th May 2014

I checked into Vitae for 3 days and ended up staying about 3 weeks total. This place is amazing, it has a way of making you never want to leave. The staff is incredible. I don't have enough space to give you each a shout out but I love you all and thank you for making my stay so rad. There's always something to do and you can always find someone down to do whatever you're looking to do! Couldn't recommend it any more. stay here.

• 6th May 2014

I highly recommend backpackers to stay here.We really enjoy our time in this hostel.The staff are quite friendly and easygoing .And this is a party hostel which means that people can have different parties every night.They provide kitchen and allow us to cook and put food in the fridge .Rooms are very clean as well as the bathrooms.The only problem is the shower pipe.The water is a little bit small if two people take shower at the same time.But it is ok!All in all,it is worth the money we paid.

• 6th May 2014
  • China

Stay here in Budapest!! The staff is so friendly and helpful and will plan your trip day to night and make your Budapest experience that much more awesome by showing you some hidden and unknown places only locals would know. Their key system is the best I've seen- you should never forget or lose your key or where you are staying! This was my first hostel experience and it was great!

Best hostel in all of Budapest. Hands down. Great staff, events, family dinners, drinking games, wifi, and people. There's always someone to hang out with on the terrace or teach you how to do a strawpedo. Highly recommend staying here if you want a real Budapest experience.

One of the best hostels Ive stayed at. The best welcome greeting Ive received and the staff members are really knowledgable and informative. Events planned for every night of the week and great dinners for cheap! There is quiet time after 10pm so dont worry if you want to stay in a night. Highly recommend to travelers from all walks of life!

The atmosphere here is amazing friendly and chilled during the day and party at night the perfect mix for sight seeing and experiencing the night life. The cleanliness was extremely hight for such and large and active hostel. I will continue to recommend this hostel to my friends.

The Staff are very enthusiastic and engaging!

I can't say enough about this place. The staff and other travelers are unbelievably friendly and there is always something going on -- anything from cooking up a feast for dinner, chilling outside on the balcony, or getting ready for a big night out. I will definitely be returning and highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting budapest.