Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

1951 Total Reviews

By far the best hostel in Budapest! Would stay here and ONLY here! The best staff we have met - fantastic, friendly, efficient, helpful, fun!! - knowing all the in's & out's of the city! Were meant to stay for 2 nights but ended up staying for 6 and after then we still didn't want to leave :( The rooms, bathrooms, toilets and common areas are all excellent! We have the best memories here made with some great new friends of the guests and the staff! THANK YOU ALL - WE WILL BE BACK. Chris & Hannah

Carpe Noctem Vitae is a sister hostel to Retox Party Hostel and Carpe Noctem, and it BLOWS those two out of the water. They have 180ish beds spread out across three of the top floors of a building near the Octagon and city center. The staff is absolutely awesome. We partied with them as if they were our close friends and we left the hostel feeling that they truly were. If your looking for a party hostel that is also clean and comfortable then this is your match.

• 31st May 2014

It is a Party hostel so if you like to party this is definetily the right place for you :)

Really young hostel, all the staffs are nice and always parting! I strongly recommend for those who want to party!

I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2014, very friendly staff and exceptional location, large kitchen and common rooms. Very spacious rooms with lockers in the rooms. Quiet at night, however the hostel organised events each night with it's sister hostels so socializing is very easy, I would highly recommend staying here rather than a party hostel if you want an opportunity to sleep. If I went back to Budapest I would stay here again.

Party, party, party. That is all.

If you're looking for a party hostel in Budapest where you can still catch some rest, this is your place. The staff is extremely friendly and definitely committed to helping you have a great time in this fun city. There is an event planned every night with the sister hostels Retox and Grandio, so Carpe Noctem Vitae provides all the fun of the insane party hostels, but you can still go back to Carpe and get some rest at the end of the night. Shoutout to Cosmo for helping us have a great stay.

Awesome location, atmosphere, and staff. Plenty of stuff to do at night and quiet enough when you get back from the bars to get a good night's sleep. Shoutouts to my man cyclops who always kept the party going.

We were extremely lucky to have stayed at Carpe Nocterm Vitae. We knew it was the party place the moment we checked in and my welcome coffee had salt and not sugar ;) but the staff is really what makes this hostel memorable. We are beyond grateful to have had the time we did in Budapest. HUGE shoutout to Matt Frame for being a dime and telling us to come here and stay at the best hostel in town. See you back in Canada!!

This was an amazing hostel, and definitely the best one I have ever stayed in!! The staff was absolutely incredible and all of the events they put on were super fun. It was so hard to leave and I wish I could have stayed longer - however, due to the immense amount of fun I had staying here, I know I will return soon!

If you come to Budapest stay at this hostel! In fact you should leave a few buffer days in your travel plans because I guarantee that you will want to extend your stay. Amazing staff that were all friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. Clean facilities, and events planned every night so you're bound to make great friends. This is a big party hostel and a great place to get out of your comfort zone but if you want to stay in and have a chill night you can do that too. GET DOWN WITH VITAE!

• 29th May 2014

If you haven't left Vitae without losing your voice from "WOOOOOO" ing too much, then it's advised that you go back again and party harder. The staff here are so friendly and will help with all you need to know from going out in the day and going to the best bars in the night. I will definitely be returning. C5, Baz, Cosmo, Frame and Batman all top staff.

• 29th May 2014

This place is absolutely incredible! The staff is great and they are more than willing to help with anything you might need. There is always something going on with organized night out events, or you can just relax at the hostel itself. Truly a spectacular place to experience if you want to stay in Budapest! In a residential building so around 8:30 PM is when everyone goes out. Main common room on top floor is quite big and comfy, each floor has its own with kitchen, etc. THIS PLACE ROCKS!

As solo traveller, was a tad apprehensive about a party hostel. I needn't have worried. The vitae team are so welcoming and make you feel part of a family from the moment u walk in. Shoutout to Cosmo, Fargo, Cyclops and Norway!!: Legends among others who totally make vitae. Facility's great and you quickly feel comfortable enough to make place your own. Those who want a quiet one: the place is silent after 10, you aren't obliged to join the party but u totally should. Best part of my trip easy!!

We had a quiet double room to the back of the building. So getting some sleep was ok for us. Some of the doorms though are located right next to the living room. Guests are supposed to be quiet after 10 pm, but that does not always work out. The people at the hostel were really nice and it was a very friendly atmosphere and easy to meet other people at the hostel. So it was worth going for three nights. But if you are looking for a cheap, clean and quiet hostel I would recommend some other place

• 27th May 2014

It's a "party hostel", but they forget about the "hostel" and just do the "party". It's not clean: I've seen people coming and leaving the room (I've stayed for 3 nights) and the bed sheets were never changed. Room was never cleaned. Small lockers. Few showers. Staff doesn't know much about points of interest, and I think they don't care (there was only one guy there really trying to help, the others were in hangover). I doubt they are regular and pay all taxes. It's cheap, but it doesn't worth!

Best days and nights I've ever had in my life right here at aCarpe Noctem Vitae, the hostel activities are so much fun, don't think i've ever managed to be so drunk consistently. Shout out to the staff, the best people you'll ever meet and extra shout out to cyclops for his rapping. I'll be back for sure!

Thanks for an awesome stay guys. You are all legends!!

*Buy a tram pass, they'll tell you not to, we got stopped and fined. That aside this place is crazzzzy fun! It is a party hostel at its finest. Meaning it's not the fanciest place you'll stay but it darn well might be the most fun. With events set up each night you will always have something to do. Plus the staff will give you a FULL run down of what to do during the day! Helpful and fun, I do not regret my stay here! Oo and GO to the 'sparty' people, it's worth it.

The staff was amazing, the facilities were spectacular, and the atmosphere overall was just perfect. I have already sent multiple people to this hostel because it was such a great place.

• 22nd May 2014