Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Vitae is a way of life! The nightlife is incredible, every event is a great time! If you're too focused on sights or the fact that 3 beers is your maximum, go check in to Wombats ya sissy. Come here for a good time, atmosphere, the ability to have fun with strangers whilst partying in some of the coolest locations in Budafknpest! Frame was an absolute champion, such a cool dude and it blows my mind people call him a lightweight? More like loose cannon, may have developed a man crush, just sayin.

• 11th Jan 2015

You will not meet a better bunch of people than the staff and guests here! The atmosphere is incredible, it feels much more like living in a share house with a bunch of mates than a hostel. Something great happening every night. Easily the best stop of our 6 months travelling. Thanks team!

Good place, the staff was great, its slightly far from the metro station, which is not a problem to go to the parties as most bars/clubs are quite near, but gets a bit boring when wanting to go to farther places

The drinking culture at this hostel is bordering on ridiculous. They not only focus all their evening events around getting wasted, but much of the staff seems to be hungover 24/7. If that sounds up your alley, then you're in the right place! If you prefer a bit more variety, culture, and interaction with locals, steer clear.

• 5th Jan 2015

Such an amazing hostel, the staff are great, and each night everyone goes out drinking together. All the guests end up extending their stay because no one wants to leave. Would definitely recommend this hostel, one of the best we've stayed at in Europe!

Amazing hostel. A party hostel for sure, but you can still relax or sleep if you want to. Great place to just chill with friends during the day, pre game before going out and partying with everyone at night. Truly helpful and friendly staff, great kitchen/common areas and I really dug that I could play my music through speakers while showering. Pretty cool. Cheers guys, see you again soon.

This is the single best hostel I have ever stayed at. WIthout a doubt. The staff are the most amazing people you will meet and will make your stay the best it can be. I have been here three times now, spending a month and a half total because it is that much fun. Vitae is where you make good friends and have an unforgettable time. The only bad thing about this hostel is leaving, because you will never want to.

Only thing that's good was Wi-Fi. Decent Wi-Fi even at the every single bed. But these are awful features. No lifts, had to walk up 5-story building in absolute darkness (because there is no light either) Lack of number of showers. (I guess there were only 3-4 that was truly working) Hot shower not working in most of the shower. Absurd amount of deposit required when Hungarian Forints are in no use when leaving the country. Smelly wrist watch-like room key. I'd never go to this place.

Vitae was by far my favourite hostel in my whole 6 months of travel, so good that I extended my stay twice. The best thing about it are the staff who are amazing and make the hostel feel like home. They will go out of their way to help you and get to know you, and the events each night were so much fun. This is by far the best hostel in Budapest and I cant wait to come back! The location and wifi are also great. Thanks to Tables, Frame, Clover, Fables and everyone else for making it the best!

• 2nd Jan 2015

the best staff of any hostel I've stayed at who will go above and beyond to accommodate you, but also just become friends, I extended and didn't want to leave it's just everything I wanted from from a hostel, met so many amazing people and every day/night was incredible

I only have good things to say about this place. Excellent location, super cool staff who helped us with everything and take everybody to different parties every night. They also have two living rooms that are great for socializing. Free coffee and tea as well!

Incredible hostel, you are guaranteed to have an amazing time! Book extra nights since you won't want to leave. All the staff are awesome, both at helping out with things to do during the day and making every night so much fun! Shout out to Fables for making it a pretty unforgettable time.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Carpe noctem vitae is not a place you go to make friends, cliche as it sounds you will find family here instead. The ability to party, pass out in a quiet, comfy and clean place and then wake up fresh and ready to actually go see the city and do normal people activities makes you feel like you will never be able to leave this place. Travelers beware, Carpe Noctem Vitae is not something to be taken lightly Love you all, Cheers Tinks for making me come here, this place is alright

Definitely more cleaner and calmer than retox. Be prepared for a wonderful time in Budapest!

10000% THE BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. The staff are the most fantastic people you'll ever meet (hitch, clover, fables, cyclops, tables, frame and meddler and most importantly spaghetti-batman) I legitimately never wanted to leave. Best combination of partying and a friendly family like atmosphere. But they also have a great security system, activities for day and night and are endlessly helpful. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL ENOUGH :)

• 1st Jan 2015

Amazing Hostel. The one they call tables is amazing! Helped me out with everything and is a super cool guy!

Best staff of any hostel I've ever been to by far. BUT, this feels like more of a frat house than a hostel in terms of atmosphere. If you want to party nonstop, you'll love it. Since I didn't want to drink or go out clubbing, I felt really uncomfortable here and didn't enjoy myself.

AWESOME HOSTEL, if you want to party and meet some of the coolest people you need to stay here. It sucks you in, book extra days so you can actually see Budapest. I have already referred a bunch of people to come to this hostel when they go to budapest! Wish I could have stayed longer but I will be back.

My experience at Carpe noctem vitae was amazing. When I checked in i already felt at home. I threw my bags down and caught up to the pub crawl and met up with the other residents. There is a nightly pregame before going to a plethora of bars and clubs in Budapest. If wish to stay in and rest you have that option too as there are mandatory quiet hours. Their most valuable staff member goes by the name of Fables. Rages by night, your go-to hospitality representative by day. Book this hostel NOW!!!

• 29th Dec 2014

The worst hostel I have ever stayed at. If you are an independent thinker and have a brain this place is not for you. If you want to get yelled at by staff and treated disrespectfully this place is not for you. If you want to see mouse running around and idiots who are drunk 24/7 and the excuse for them to yell at you is its a party hostel then this place is not for you. If you are not Australian, Canadian, English then this place is not for you. DO NOT GO HERE AT ALL.