Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Absolutely loved it, the staff are the most fun and welcoming people who do their best and more to make sure you have as much fun as you can. Definitely feels like a family and was a really really nice thing to experience. Made waking up with a hangover very bearable. Terrific location as well very easy to find and close to pretty much everything worth doing. Will definitely stay again as soon as i can and if your going to Budapest then look no further cause you've found your hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2015

I had an amazing weekend at this hostel. The staff make you feel at home and create a really social atmosphere. The hostel was always clean, and they have a nice kitchen. I like that they always have tea and coffee, and eggs in the morning! They organise great parties but it's also fine to do your own thing if you want. Come here if you want to socialise, party hard (or not so hard), and see the city during the day.

Amazing vibes, met great friends! The staff is amazing, Giggles rocked it on! Definetaly a party hostel. Dont regret it one bit. Definetaly coming back! Cheers!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Venezuela

From the moment I stepped through the doors I felt like I was part of a family. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable and have excellent resources for almost anything you want to do in the city. I truly didn't know what to expect coming here, and now I find myself so sad that I had to leave. The facilities were very clean, and there was definitely never a dull moment.

• 15th Mar 2015

Can't say too much more that hasn't already been said. Wonderful, knowledgeable staff who encourage you to participate in group events. Makes meeting people a breeze. This was my first trip to Europe, and my first ever stay at a hostel. Giggles, TeaBags and Elly made it exceed expectation. Would gladly return in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the great hospitality! Amazing vibe! Will definitely miss you guys and will come back to Budapest if possible. As for comments for improvements.. I can't think of any except maybe, don't allow beer in the rooms (at least not on the floor)? Because I kicked over half-full beer cans a few times (sorry, it was dark and i needed to pee). It'll help the staff by not making them clean so much. But I guess a hostel's cleanliness depends a lot on its guests as well. Keep up the good work!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

The best hostel experience I've had. Giggles, Elly and Teabags create a great atmosphere and take care of you're needs. And the nightlife activities they organise create good times great friendships and a lot of hangovers. Highly recommended.

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at for the following reasons... 1) the staff- the staff are the coolest people you will ever meet. They are chill, ready to party, and know the city better than the locals! 2) the atmosphere is out of control (in a good way). Every night they have different events planned and they are SO MUCH FUN. It also makes it very easy to meet people! 3) The hostel feels like a family. I'm all out of words so in the short, STAY HERE, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Wonderful aesthetic and clean, top notch facilities. Great staff and very social people. Staff facilitated bonding between guests to such a great extent that I can look around at the anonymous reviews around me and recognize people I met and remember just by their name and age range

To put it simply, it was perfect.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

This hostel became the standard to which all the other hostels I have stayed in throughout Europe will now fail to live up to. The staff was exemplary and made us feel welcome, showing us to our INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE beds, and giving us our FREE towel, FREE shower toiletries, FREE locks and FREE locker, and FREE Wifi. It makes one wonder why other hostels can't do all of that. Staff even sat down with us with a map of the city for half an hour & showed us tons of great places to eat and visit.

Ah such a good hostel - best atmosphere - would recommend to anybody in Budapest. Get there.

This was my first time traveling solo in a hostel, and carpe noctem is the absolute perfect environment! They have plenty of activities lined up for you and it feels like a group of friends rather than just hostel mates. It made my entire experience!!

• 12th Mar 2015

Showers and hot water are lousy. Staff is incredibly nice, but usually drunk. Every night they go to retox as the activity which is just a sister hostel. Average experience.

Accommodates for all if you're looking to see the sights, do something adventurous, chill out and lay on the lounge floor hungover, or drink some more. To sum it up, I booked for a weekend, and I'm going back for a couple of weeks because I left my toothpaste and I want it back.

• 6th Mar 2015

We had an amazing time in Budapest...not least because of all the great stuff you organised for us and told us about. Puppy - good luck back in Australia mate hope you've been saving up for the switch to Chardonnay when you get there. Will & Dan

The perfect hostel if you want to meet a bunch of great people, go on pub crawls, boat trips and just have a lot of fun. But it is exhausting, in the good way. Staff was really friendly and helpful with everything, the hostel is clean and small enough to have the "staying with friends" wibe to it. Thinking of staying here? Do it, you'll never want to leave.

The hostel is everything it advertises itself to be; it's a hostel for young travellers who love to go out every night and have a great time. The staff go out of their way to facilitate a party atmosphere, putting on nightly events for the guests which included pub crawls, river cruise discos and talent shows while I was there (If you get the option, I definitely recommend the river cruise, it was the best time and the views of Budapest at night from the water are fantastic)

This hostel is amazing! They hold family dinners so that you can meet other travellers, as well as nightly events! I will definitely have a home when coming back to Budapest! Staff is helpful and passionate in what they do! Shoutout to the OG crew: giggles, silver, puppy and teabags! You guys are all gems! - your Canadian mate, Mark.

My stay at this Hostel was fantastic! The location is right near everything you need, it's clean and comfortable and very secure. The staff are brilliant, everyone is so friendly and helpful and have great local knowledge. The family dinners really helped you get to know everyone quickly and the activities planned every night are so much fun, and not too pricey. All in all one of the best Hostels I have stayed at. Thanks guys

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5