Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

A wonderful hostel - fabulous staff and atmosphere - would stay here over and over again.

The best staff, they give you a map with recommendations to do in the city, go pub crawl with them!! Good location, a little bit hard to find because there's no sign, but totally worth it. Clean, big rooms with lockers, kitchen, coffee, tea, eggs and bread for free. Nice hostel to meet people and go out with them.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

My favourite hostel of my entire 4 month long trip. Staff were outstanding in whatever you needed - advice on what to do that day, or if you were just in need of a decent chat. Many organised events - pub crawls, caving tours, boat party, bath party nights. And when we left they recommended hostels in the cities we were going to. Fantastic, I'll be back!

Easily the best hostel I have stayed in in Europe! The staff are wonderful, the beds are amazing, the tea is lovely and the vibe is great. Great for both daytime activities and funtimes at night. Couldn't recommend this place enough!

This hostel was simply amazing. the bonds we made with both staff and guests throughout our week there will honestly last a lifetime. Coltrane was wonderful, as were the other staff members! loved every moment of our stay and we were unbelievably sad to leave. will definitely be back in the foreseeable future. Cheers Carpe. missing you lots! x

Carpe Noctem was our favourite hostel we stayed at in Europe. The hostel's staff are the best, they made us feel at home right away and gave us some excellent tips on what to do in our short time in Budapest. There's something to do every night and never a dull moment! Stay here and you're guaranteed to have a great time in Budapest.

Location good, if you want to party good, BUT.. the the place smelt like beer and cigarettes, the Staff member that checked us in smelt like he hadn't showered for days and given that was in the same clothes for the follwing three I assumed that was the case. The rooms are overcrowded, even the Staff member told me legally they are only supposed to have 10 beds (they have 22). The rooms are messy because of the lack of room and there are only 2 showers (which go hot

Dear readers! We've stayed here for 5 nights, and it was AWESOME! We are in love with Carpe Noctem and the staff, of course. We just want to go back as soon as possible. The beds in the dorm rooms were really comfortable and we slept like babies. The staff cleaned the hostel every day, so that was just perfect. The location is pretty awesome. The possibilities for sightseeing and partying are great! So whatever you are up to - they are pretty close to it! GO THERE IT'S AWESOME! Denmark

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Amazing staff, comfortable beds and central location, comfortably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Elevator was out of service at the time I was staying but apparently it's only temporary so I hope it gets fixed soon. Really enjoyed my stay and was able to see the city and sleep at night if I wanted to due to the quite policy after 10! Very convenient smoking terrace as well!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Austria

Great Experience. Staff always hands on with any problems. Looking forward to my next visit. Already recommended the hostel to friends.

• 28th Dec 2014

Location: The place was a bit difficult to find and was also on top floor, but the location of the hostel is perfect and near to the city, Staff: Staff is amazing and very helpful, full marks to them. Atmosphere: Hostel atmosphere is amazing and travellers will definitely enjoy this place.

You guys were so amazing, thanks so much for making it such a memorable stay :) Nate+Ash.

• 17th Dec 2014

This place is average at best. All but one of the staff members were rude and unfriendly, unable to even look up from their computers when you walk into the room. This would have been ok if the facilities made up for it but they were equally as poor. The toilets always smelt like urine and were clearly never cleaned properly, wi-fi did not work very well in the rooms. Location was fine but there are definitely other hostels in Budapest that would have provided a more welcoming atmosphere.

WOW. Carpe Noctem you've stolen my heart. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this place. First of all the staff are LEGEN(wait for it)DARY. Cheesy, I know, but it's true. I've stayed at some great hostels while traveling around but these guys could not be nicer or more welcoming. They tell you all the best things to do in the city and take you out every night to party with them. If you're traveling solo and looking to find a home away from home this place is for you.

• 16th Dec 2014

By the far the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff are incredibly friendly and love partying with everyone, every night! The location is perfect and the social vibe is unparallelled! The beds are really comfortable, perfect for rest after a long night out in the city. I can't say enough positive things about this hostel. Stop reading this review and book a bed here already!!!

• 16th Dec 2014

I have chosen this hostel because of the high rate it had, but based on my personal experience, it was a bad choice it's far away from the touristic area, 5th floor no lift, it's not that clean, I had the feeling the sheets I had on my bed were used by somebody else before, the common room seems a cemetery, I have to say that the staff are good people, very nice and helped with my questions regarding the city if I have to go back to budapest, I definitely won't be staying at this hostel again.

Great hostel. Staff are awesome and always have plenty for you to do. Its clean, secure and walking distance from most places. Its a small hostel which makes it nice and chilled out during the days and most people hang out in the common room which makes it very easy to meet new people. Would recommend it highly, can't fault the place.

• 8th Dec 2014

Small, cosy, good for partying and very friendly staff.

It was unlike any hostel or accommodation I've ever stayed at before. From the moment you walk in, its like you're coming into a long-lost mates house that you never knew you had. Everyone wants to get to know each other, and you feel settled in within like an hour. Then, of course, you party as a group and from then on in you're family. I stayed four nights, and would have stayed longer if I possibly could've. Loved the staff, loved the mates made, just loved everything about the place.

• 4th Dec 2014

Oh, this place has such a character! Great if you want to meet other people and party! There's something going on every night and you're more than welcome to take part (nobody will make you though!) Loved it, though I did feel a bit old there (I just turned 30), especially when I wanted to have my 8 hr sleep haha:) So I guess you can't have everything, but I really liked it anyway.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5