Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

2082 Total Reviews

This wasn't my first stay at Carpe and it wont be my last! Not only is the hostel a cosy little space that feels like home but the staff make sure that you have the best possible stay by running nightly activities and suggesting a never ending list of things to do during the day. The hostel is in the perfect location to explore the city and has everything that you would ever need. If you're going to stay anywhere in Budapest to make your trip memorable make sure you stay here!

This is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Met so many amazing people, all the staff were so lovely and friendly. It wasn't like a hostel, it was just like staying with friends. I will definitely be back, I'm missing it already!

This hostel is absolutely the funnest hostel I've ever stayed at! Amazing atmosphere and staff, it felt like I was hanging out in a friends house!! everyone was really friendly, so was perfect for me as a solo traveller!! Every night was a party, which I loved, but if you don't want a party atmosphere, maybe stay elsewhere. I loved it there!!!

Great vibe - a small place that lets you make friends straight away, making your stay in Budapest even better!

• 27th Jun 2014

This is my 2nd stay! The last was only short, I was dying to get back for longer! The staff first of all are amazing, like best friends you haven't met yet. It's only 22 beds so it's a very small community feel, we had our own carpe noctem family by the end of it. Great for solo travelers! Beds are super comfy, loco is really central (near octagon) and all the night activities are crazy and fun. But you still have the option of relaxing here, unlike retox. STAY HERE, I can't reccomend enough!

I've been here several times and it's definately one of my favourite hostels in the world. I was a bit unlucky with some cliquey room mates this time, but it's impossible to not find new friends here. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I came back to Budapest two days earlier than scheduled. Carpe Noctem unfortunately was booked out for those two extra nights, but the staff managed to book a bed for me at their sister hostel Carpe Noctem Vitae. Very much appreciated! See you again!

INCREDIBLE staff ------ very young, hip, extremely friendly, so welcoming that I actually felt sad to leave this hostel. It's a party hostel, which means everyone does some kind of themed pub crawl at 8:30 every night. There's no pressure to go out, so if you're looking for a quiet night then after 8:30 is your time. Before then, however, expect a ton of socializing and a fair amount of pre-gaming. Great people, fun, friendly atmosphere. Short walk from Budapest city center.

Best hostel!!! Smaller place so you get to know the people and the staff and become a little family. Great for the lonely traveler. Can't wait to go back! Loved it!

Such an incredible hostel! The atmosphere is welcoming and the staff are full of knowledge about Budapest and the fun things to do and see during the night and daytime. They organise events which you have the choice to go to every night and each one felt like it was better than the last. Leaving felt like leaving a little temporary family. I will definitely be returning to Carpe Noctem in the future!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Stayed at Carpe noctem for 11 nights, which i was a bit worried about at first coz its quite a long time at one hostel. but could not be happier with this place. the staff are total sicko's, shout out to coal train, anna and tom!!. super friendly and they really do make your stay the best. Already planning my trip back to party some more!!

Carpe Noctem has a great atmosphere and the staff is superb. There is something going on every day/night so getting bored it almost impossible. The hostel is close to most attractions and bars so if you are visiting BP for sightseeing and/or partying, Carpe Noctem is the right choice!

Checking into this hostel was like coming home. I fell a little more in love everyday, from the incredibly attractive staff and guests to the endless recommendation for cool things to do around the city, it was perfection. I came with one friend but spent everyday there exploring with a group of 4-6 hostelmates and every night drinking with 20+ beautiful people. The only bad part about this hostel was having to leave!!! Carpe Noctem will definitely have you looking up flights back to Budapest!!

• 16th Jun 2014

Best place and best people! Felt like a second home. I especially enjoyed how all 4 hostels got together every night to party! Cannot wait to go back again

• 13th Jun 2014

This is a great basis for exploring the Budapest city centre. It's very relaxed and homey. And every night there's something planned. Due to the nature of the places that they'll take you out to on most nights it's mostly only other backpackers that you'll meet. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but good to know. Most of the people staying at the hostel are solo travellers, so it's very easy to meet up and do stuff together during daytime. Can't wait to come back!

I didn't actually stay at Carpe Noctem (due to a staff mistake with my booking), however I stayed at Carpe Noctem Vitae. It is in a great location and easy to meet people if travelling solo. Despite being a party hostel it was still quite if you wanted an early night. There are always nightly activities. I definitely recommend joining the ruins bar tour and Sparty. For great Hungarian food try Bali restaurant at Artesian.

Best hostel experience of our entire trip! Great for travelling by yourself or in a small group, the staff treats everyone like family. Stay at Carpe Noctem OG.... Just do it. And make sure to set aside more days in Budapest.. You will extend your stay like every other traveller who comes through here.

This hostel felt like a very friendly house party. It's extremely cosy and has a very social atmosphere. It's literally perfect for people who want to go out and have fun drinking and doing activities. Even if that's not your aim it's still a nice friendly hostel to stay at though.

The hostel was small, but the staff was great and the atmosphere was also great.

Out of all the hostels I stayed in for 6 weeks this was the best one, a small hostel with mostly solo travellers, which is great to meet people and has great events at night!

This place was the best hostel I stayed at. The staff is fantastic and super helpful with anything you need and they do a great job of taking everyone out to experience the night life of Budapest. The atmosphere is super chill and I met some great people to spend the weekend with. I'll definitely be going back!!

• 6th Jun 2014