Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel. Staff are awesome and always have plenty for you to do. Its clean, secure and walking distance from most places. Its a small hostel which makes it nice and chilled out during the days and most people hang out in the common room which makes it very easy to meet new people. Would recommend it highly, can't fault the place.

• 8th Dec 2014

Small, cosy, good for partying and very friendly staff.

Oh, this place has such a character! Great if you want to meet other people and party! There's something going on every night and you're more than welcome to take part (nobody will make you though!) Loved it, though I did feel a bit old there (I just turned 30), especially when I wanted to have my 8 hr sleep haha:) So I guess you can't have everything, but I really liked it anyway.

Great people, great parties. Not a whole lot of privacy, creeky beds. Loved my time there.

Great atmosphere and lovely people -- lots of fun!

This place is great. The best part is the staff. Each staff member is aweome! We went out on a pub crawl. I met lots of neat people. Saw lots of neat things. This is the place to be when in Budapest . ☺️

• 21st Nov 2014

The staff was really unkind and look bored all the time. Chilling in pyjamas all day. For example, we asked one of them to know where is the train station and she replied that internet exists for that. Not a party hostel at all, complete silence after 9pm otherwise they threaten to kick you out. This place is really overrated and I would definetly never go back there again.

• 20th Nov 2014

Felt more like a home than a hostel. It was heartbreaking to leave. With only 22 beds, everyone gets to know everyone else right away; I recommend this place to every solo traveller I meet. The activities planned every night were so much fun. Free coffee, tea, eggs, and bread was a huge plus as well. I will definitely be returning to Budapest, and when I do, I will DEFINITELY stay here again. I miss it already!

To be honest, I don't really understand the hype. I like a good party, so the party hostel part did not bother me, but the place is run down, lacks facilities and most of the staff (apart from a few who were great!) was arrogant and mostly trying to hook up with the guests every night. Good hostel for meeting people though.

Did not anticipate having such an amaxing time in Budapest but these guys sure know how to party all night while showing you how/where to have a blast during the day as well! Great social atmosphere, definitely coming back at some point!

Such an amazing family environment and I wish I never left!

• 14th Nov 2014

Lovely little hostel with a friendly atmosphere. The staff have lots of great suggestions for things to do/see/eat in the area. Could do without the pressure to go out as a group every night as having to leave the hostel at 8.30pm is hard to do if you want to get the most from the city. Staff need to chill a bit with their forced fun and let guests feel comfortable to do what they want and make friends in the process. Great for solo travellers and backpackers. Awesome location too!

• 8th Nov 2014

My life changed here forever.

Hands down the best hostel I have stayed in. Feels more like a home than accommodation. They say some teams are full of champions and others are champion teams, well this crew is a champion team full of absolute bloody legends!! I have already booked my next stay here. I can't praise this place any more than to say every person I saw leave here had sadness in their eyes because, in the words of Sinead o'Connor, "Nothing compares, nothing compares to you" Ps make sure you annoy Teabags 😘

Honestly one of the greatest places on earth. The moment you walk in it feels like your at your, surprisingly clean, friends apartment and the staff make you feel like your immediately part of the family. Every night out is amazingly organised and they can give you advice on absolutely anything to do during the day. The hostel is clean, the towels are free, the staff are down right beautiful and the nights out are the best I've ever had in my life. Best travel experience I could have asked for.

Fantastic atmosphere and staff who could point out stuff to do in the day as well as organising stuff at night. Could only stay one night but will be back for the full experience!!

Great hostel, great people. The best party hostel I've stayed at so far. lots of activities to do during the day, and a new party every night.

Great party hostel!! Themed events daily. Super clean and great atmosphere !!! Stay again in a heart beat

Carpe Noctem. What an amazing time. The staff are all amazing, Sly and the gang are a bunch of amazing people. They cater to you not just as staff but also are interested in your travels and the individual you are. Had an amazing time there would recommend and will go back in the future. Cheers guys for an amazing time. Lucky xx

• 13th Oct 2014

A lil indian summer fling I wish never ended. Great space that feels like home and an unreal staff there to party with you and make sure there's tea available to nurse your hangovers. Came to the city to take in some culture, left reluctantly with loads of new friends and sweeeet memories :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5