Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Had the best stay at Carpe Noctem. The staff were extremely welcoming and made you feel like you were at home. The moment we walked in the door we were greeted by one of the staff members that took the time to sit down and go through all the sights and how to get there. They informed us of all the activities that were happening and made everyone feel involved. They even helped us out when we missed our night train. They go above and beyond. Highly recommend staying here. thanks guys :)

• 8th Sep 2014

Best hostel in Europe. Best Staff ever. Highly recommend!

• 4th Sep 2014

Most of the guests I met ended up extending their stay. Great atmosphere, you'll feel at home in an instant. Really though, just book this hostel so you can hang out with the amazing staff.

Epic stay, cheers guys legends!

Wouldn't stay anywhere else. Some of the best staff I have encountered at a hostel. Plenty of activities and it's all in a very tight knit friendly space. Whether you plan to party or be a tourist, Carpe Noctem is ideal. Cheap too!

Highly recommend Carpe Noctem for your home whilst in Budapest. Like most people I extended my time here from 3 nights to a week. The hostel is in an awesome location super close to everything. Perfect place to stay for a solo traveller. At night there is a different activity on, so always something to do. Instantly felt at home with unlimited cups of tea. Staying at Carpe Noctem was the highlight of my Europe trip. Huge thanks for having me guys, can't wait to visit again!

• 29th Aug 2014

This is the best hostel that i have ever been to!! Upon arrival I was checked in and introduced to all the staff, we were given a city tour via a map with all the information we needed and they answered all our questions which saved so much time! They organise so many events such as caving, thermal spa parties, beer bikes etc it's so much fun and everyone is such a laugh! Clean rooms, very efficient with cleanliness... OVERALL... 100% happy!!! Carpe noctem vitae you are AWSOME!!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• 29th Aug 2014

This hostel was amazing. The staff was fantastic and staying here was like staying with a group of friends. There are events organized every night, which makes it super easy to meet people and is the perfect place for solo travelers. Definitely an emphasis on partying, so if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, this is not it. But, if you are looking to have a good time and meet some cool people, this is totally your place. I cannot wait to return to Budapest and stay here again!

Looks like that half of the people lives there and they allow you to go out with them but they are not really friendly. Luckily the new people that arrives are great people and you won't be alone, but if you look for real party hostel there are better options for sure.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. A must go in budapest. Especially if the night life is you scene

• 22nd Aug 2014

Carpe noctem is an awesome place to stay if u are travelling solo and want to party in budapest. Every night the hostel crew takes the guests to some party or pub crawl and everyone is really sociable and welcoming, great atmosphere. Only bad thing is that they always leave really early, at 20:30; (however u can meet up with them later, that's what i did) also the places where they go are the most touristy parties packed with australians, i barely met any hungarians at my stay.

If you want to party this is the place. I guess... I had Lost my soul here over Sziget festival. :) The staff made the stay awesome and were really helpful throughout the 3 nights I had there.

Fantastic, smaller hostel which is great for solo travelers. Really easy to meet people and the staff is awesome, super helpful and organize events every night for going out and seeing (and drinking in) Budapest. Even though its a party hostel there is a noise curfew every night which is nice for when you do need to sleep. Noone should spend all night drinking in a hostel in Budapest anyways, go explore the city!

Far and away the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Loved every minute in Budapest and wished we could have stayed longer. The staff are so laid-back, friendly and helpful. Great location, amazing atmosphere. The PERFECT hostel. Wish I could go back tomorrow! STAY HERE.

Easily the most fun I've ever had at a hostel. It's a smaller hostel, so it felt like renting an apartment with a bunch of your really good friends. It was in a good location near some great restaurants that the staff were happy to point out. Also, If you like to party the staff will take you out at night i.e. to a thermal spa party! And, if you don't -- I never had any trouble falling asleep. Great for solo travelers. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer! Two days was not enough!

This is my second time back here. Had to bring some more of my friends and they all loved it!! Hopefully can come back again soon!

We had a great time at the hostel. Best atmosphere ever, with a super duper fantastic great staff :)

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Incredible spot, really friendly and helpful staff, very social atmosphere, while I was there I heard more than one person say it was one of the best hostels they'd ever stayed at.

• 5th Aug 2014

If I could give the staff a higher rating than just excellent, I would. I stayed at Carpe Noctem OG for a week and I wish I could've stayed there forever. All the staff, Tom, Andy, Coltrain, Anna and Jaime made sure you weren't just a guest who stayed there for your euro trip, but they made sure you were part of a family. The staff made sure to take you out every night, and if you wanted to have a quiet night you had that chance as the hostel itself was cleared out of all the partiers by 9PM.

So much fun! I love that the hostel is so careful about not allowing group bookings larger than 3 people. That way, you really get to know the other people in the hostel and they always have great activities for every night of the week. Great place to stay if you want to socialize but all the activities leave the hostel at 9PM so if you need to chill the eff out, you're able to do so—great team and am glad I stayed!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6