Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

2087 Total Reviews

Amazing hostel couldn't recommend this place more. Super friendly staff in a great location, all the staff take you out each night but no one ever gets pressured into go out. Once again I had an amazing time so just book it and do it.

Amazing hostel. Small enough that you get to know everyone really well which is perfect for solo travellers or those in small groups. Tom, Anna, Odds, Jaimee, Coltrane, Andi and all the rest of the staff make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. They organise great group nights out every night and were a great help with any information we wanted about things to do during the day. I would recommend anyone to stay in this hostel - I will definitely be back!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Carpe Noctem is most definitely a party hostel! It is really social and easy to meet people, and the staff are all super friendly and take everyone out every night. I would caution that while there are a lot of great people here, it does skew younger (under 20) so the partying habits do reflect that! Everyone goes out by 9 so you can have a quiet night if you like but you will probably be woken up around 4am. That said everyone is SO nice and I would say if you are looking to party it's perfect.

• 21st Jul 2014

It was ok. Don't know what everyone is raving about though. Staff were louder then the guests and acted like you were coming into their house.

Staff was really fun and helpful, they made us feel at home, every guest was nice as well, probably because it`s smaller than the other party hostels, it was great! All aboard the jagertrain...

Kind of a creepy entrance, but a wonderful hostel! Great atmosphere and definitely great staff, all friendly!

This hostel will provide a very unique experience filled with partying, fun and good memories. It is a small and intimate hostel which means you will make some very close friends during your stay. The "intimacy" can be intimidating at first but once overcome, it can provide a very deep and meaningful experience. The staff working there are also very friendly, personal and well organized (even though they party all the time).

This wasn't my first stay at Carpe and it wont be my last! Not only is the hostel a cosy little space that feels like home but the staff make sure that you have the best possible stay by running nightly activities and suggesting a never ending list of things to do during the day. The hostel is in the perfect location to explore the city and has everything that you would ever need. If you're going to stay anywhere in Budapest to make your trip memorable make sure you stay here!

This is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Met so many amazing people, all the staff were so lovely and friendly. It wasn't like a hostel, it was just like staying with friends. I will definitely be back, I'm missing it already!

This hostel is absolutely the funnest hostel I've ever stayed at! Amazing atmosphere and staff, it felt like I was hanging out in a friends house!! everyone was really friendly, so was perfect for me as a solo traveller!! Every night was a party, which I loved, but if you don't want a party atmosphere, maybe stay elsewhere. I loved it there!!!

Great vibe - a small place that lets you make friends straight away, making your stay in Budapest even better!

• 27th Jun 2014

This is my 2nd stay! The last was only short, I was dying to get back for longer! The staff first of all are amazing, like best friends you haven't met yet. It's only 22 beds so it's a very small community feel, we had our own carpe noctem family by the end of it. Great for solo travelers! Beds are super comfy, loco is really central (near octagon) and all the night activities are crazy and fun. But you still have the option of relaxing here, unlike retox. STAY HERE, I can't reccomend enough!

I've been here several times and it's definately one of my favourite hostels in the world. I was a bit unlucky with some cliquey room mates this time, but it's impossible to not find new friends here. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I came back to Budapest two days earlier than scheduled. Carpe Noctem unfortunately was booked out for those two extra nights, but the staff managed to book a bed for me at their sister hostel Carpe Noctem Vitae. Very much appreciated! See you again!

INCREDIBLE staff ------ very young, hip, extremely friendly, so welcoming that I actually felt sad to leave this hostel. It's a party hostel, which means everyone does some kind of themed pub crawl at 8:30 every night. There's no pressure to go out, so if you're looking for a quiet night then after 8:30 is your time. Before then, however, expect a ton of socializing and a fair amount of pre-gaming. Great people, fun, friendly atmosphere. Short walk from Budapest city center.

Best hostel!!! Smaller place so you get to know the people and the staff and become a little family. Great for the lonely traveler. Can't wait to go back! Loved it!

Such an incredible hostel! The atmosphere is welcoming and the staff are full of knowledge about Budapest and the fun things to do and see during the night and daytime. They organise events which you have the choice to go to every night and each one felt like it was better than the last. Leaving felt like leaving a little temporary family. I will definitely be returning to Carpe Noctem in the future!

• 22nd Jun 2014

not enough full frontal male nudity. otherwise good.

Stayed at Carpe noctem for 11 nights, which i was a bit worried about at first coz its quite a long time at one hostel. but could not be happier with this place. the staff are total sicko's, shout out to coal train, anna and tom!!. super friendly and they really do make your stay the best. Already planning my trip back to party some more!!

Carpe Noctem has a great atmosphere and the staff is superb. There is something going on every day/night so getting bored it almost impossible. The hostel is close to most attractions and bars so if you are visiting BP for sightseeing and/or partying, Carpe Noctem is the right choice!

Checking into this hostel was like coming home. I fell a little more in love everyday, from the incredibly attractive staff and guests to the endless recommendation for cool things to do around the city, it was perfection. I came with one friend but spent everyday there exploring with a group of 4-6 hostelmates and every night drinking with 20+ beautiful people. The only bad part about this hostel was having to leave!!! Carpe Noctem will definitely have you looking up flights back to Budapest!!

• 16th Jun 2014