Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

2010 Total Reviews

Great atmosphere and great staff! Great for solo travelers! Everyday there is an event that people from the hostel go to. It is very good to meet new people and make travel friends! The location is also very good, close to all the city atractions! I would definately recommend it!

Probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in without a doubt... I have never felt more welcomed in a hostel than Carpe Noctem, I was welcomed with a cup of tea and highly informed about all the site-seeing places and activities. The atmosphere in the hostel was amazing, never felt anything like it before, we were all one big family, we drank together, ate together and partied together. Family. The staff are so friendly, it was an honour to stay at this hostel. Highly recommend Carpe!!

• 28th Feb 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Booked two nights stayed more and then came back to Budapest just for the hostel and the parties they host!

• 10th Feb 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Became a member of this site purely so I could leave a review. Carpe is absolutely perfect for solo travellers - especially those wanting to do a bit of partying. But also considerate of those who dont. Met loads of people, staff are really helpful and friendly, super clean, no unnecessary costs eg towel/padlock hire... I honestly have no criticism!! Can't wait to get back there!!

• 6th Feb 2014

AMAZING hostel!! Because it's a smaller hostel, you get to know the staff and other travelers really well and everyone hangs out together. Don't stay anywhere else in Budapest!!!!

I would and already have recommended this hostel to all of my friends.The hostel was a home away from home, stretching from 'family dinners', where they make a nice home-cooked meal for anyone who wants (about $3) to having an extremely friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The staff are extremely approachable and are always more than happy to help in any way possible. In addition, the hostel is kept exceptionally clean. I backpacked for a year and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 4th Feb 2014

I usually book lots of hostels and I never write reviews cuz i am usually super lazy to do that :p But this Hostel is LITTERALLY the best place i have ever stayed at away from home, cuz simply it has the best of both worlds !! u feel you are HOME with your family and at the same time its a PARTY hostel !!! Everything is perfect !! Super clean, best location and most importantly the most amazing staff !! I extended my stay from 4 nights to a week !! i will be back again for sure, Love, Egypt

It's impossible to leave this place without meeting new friends, having the best nights out and getting the most of your stay in Budapest. As a solo traveller I couldn't be made to feel more welcomed and I literally had one of the best weekends every with the themed night that are available every night. Stop looking and just book this place.

It's a great hostel with a great atmosphere! It's quite small but it feels like home once you enter it. It was recommended to me by a friend of mine who stayed there in the summer and I had just as much fun there in the winter! The staff offers loads of things to do, parties are organised every night and they also cook nice meals every night. Definitely it's worth staying at Carpe Noctem! And Budapest is great and beautiful.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Budapest is my favourite city because of Carpe Noctem. This was my third stay at my Hungarian 'home away from home' and I still missed 1 flight and extended twice. It's the only hostel I've ever stayed at where each staff member is as wonderful as the last. The team makes every guest feel comfortable enough to get wild together, all night and all day. Not only can they get you drunk, but they can help you plan heaps of awesome Budapest activities. If I didn't have to leave I never would.

• 30th Jan 2014

I loved this hostel. As a solo traveller I never felt I was traveling alone. It really is a party hostel, there is a plan every night. And there is family dinner ever night as well! Great way to meet other travelers. The staff is really helpful, they give you a great map and great suggestions of what to do with your day. And it was really clean!

Originally booked for 2 nights, quickly extended that by 4 more... Then 2 more, and still didn't want to leave! Best atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed at, immediately became awesome friends with a great bunch of staff.

Awesome hostel - well looked after/tidy/clean etc. Great team of people working there who genuinely love what they do and the city - even if it means going out every night in -8! We can't wait to go back in summer and see everyone again!

Without a doubt the best hostel that I have ever stayed at. The staff are among some of the nicest friendliest people that I have ever met, and they really do everything in their power to make sure that you have the best possible stay. I will have nothing but fond memories of the time I spent in Budapest, and only wish that I could have stayed longer.

• 19th Jan 2014

Family vibe, great colab of hostels.

• 18th Jan 2014

HosteWorld does not give enough characters to properly rant and rave about just how amazing Carpe Noctem is. The lowdown of it is that Carpe is an awesome vortex of great people and great times. It will quickly become your home away from home and, when you do leave, you will leave behind a family and most probably leave with new friends.

Incredibly friendly team and great environment. Made it very difficult to leave Budapest and made for a very memorable time.

• 16th Jan 2014

This is objectively the greatest hostel in all the world ever in the history of time. The staff are amazingly friendly and super helpful, all the night activities are huge amounts of fun, they have all the facilities you could possibly require and everything is always clean and secure. I can't wait to come back!

• 15th Jan 2014

A hostel can't go to wrong when the soundtrack for the hostel is the manager playing alt-j songs on guitar. I don't think there was a guest at the hostel who didn't extend 1)because of budapest itself and 2) because of this place

Thanks for the amazing time, great staff, makes you feel at home every day! No negative points!