Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Incredible spot, really friendly and helpful staff, very social atmosphere, while I was there I heard more than one person say it was one of the best hostels they'd ever stayed at.

• 5th Aug 2014

If I could give the staff a higher rating than just excellent, I would. I stayed at Carpe Noctem OG for a week and I wish I could've stayed there forever. All the staff, Tom, Andy, Coltrain, Anna and Jaime made sure you weren't just a guest who stayed there for your euro trip, but they made sure you were part of a family. The staff made sure to take you out every night, and if you wanted to have a quiet night you had that chance as the hostel itself was cleared out of all the partiers by 9PM.

So much fun! I love that the hostel is so careful about not allowing group bookings larger than 3 people. That way, you really get to know the other people in the hostel and they always have great activities for every night of the week. Great place to stay if you want to socialize but all the activities leave the hostel at 9PM so if you need to chill the eff out, you're able to do so—great team and am glad I stayed!

Great hostel to stay at if you want to party! Staff were very welcoming and friendly, and would join in on the nightly events. Great atmosphere and the staff were always willing to help with any problems I had, and gave the best recommendations for things to do during the day. If you're heading to Budapest I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 29th Jul 2014

Fun, friendly and social hostel and is perfect for the solo traveler. All staff went above and beyond to make me feel at home and involve me in social activities in the evening. Had lots of fun with the staff and other guests. The small hostel feels intimate like you are guests of the staff who are obviously all great friends. Really nice atmosphere. Central location for exploring the city. Cute little hostel.

Amazing hostel, great staff.. We had really a great time there!

Perfect for partying and meeting people, located in a historical house with huge ceilings. Unfortunately the facilities are a bit rundown, the rooms are a bit short on plugs, and there's no shelf/light near each bed.

Amazing hostel couldn't recommend this place more. Super friendly staff in a great location, all the staff take you out each night but no one ever gets pressured into go out. Once again I had an amazing time so just book it and do it.

Amazing hostel. Small enough that you get to know everyone really well which is perfect for solo travellers or those in small groups. Tom, Anna, Odds, Jaimee, Coltrane, Andi and all the rest of the staff make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. They organise great group nights out every night and were a great help with any information we wanted about things to do during the day. I would recommend anyone to stay in this hostel - I will definitely be back!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Awesome hostel if you are looking to party. They have bad ass stuff to do every single night. Staff and other travelers are all cool and looking to have a good time. Odds and Coltrane, y'all kill it. Wish we could have stayed for the bath parties but this hostel is definitely the place to stay if you want to see the wild side of Budapest.

Carpe Noctem is most definitely a party hostel! It is really social and easy to meet people, and the staff are all super friendly and take everyone out every night. I would caution that while there are a lot of great people here, it does skew younger (under 20) so the partying habits do reflect that! Everyone goes out by 9 so you can have a quiet night if you like but you will probably be woken up around 4am. That said everyone is SO nice and I would say if you are looking to party it's perfect.

It was ok. Don't know what everyone is raving about though. Staff were louder then the guests and acted like you were coming into their house.

Initially booked 2 nights, ended up staying for 6. Traveled for 2 months, and Carpe Noctem is still one of the best hostels I stayed at! Amazing staff who were all very accommodating and welcoming. They were great with offering recommendations for sites and other tips for the city, and of course, incredibly fun with the night time events. Will definitely be staying here when I make my way to Budapest again!

Staff was really fun and helpful, they made us feel at home, every guest was nice as well, probably because it`s smaller than the other party hostels, it was great! All aboard the jagertrain...

Kind of a creepy entrance, but a wonderful hostel! Great atmosphere and definitely great staff, all friendly!

This hostel will provide a very unique experience filled with partying, fun and good memories. It is a small and intimate hostel which means you will make some very close friends during your stay. The "intimacy" can be intimidating at first but once overcome, it can provide a very deep and meaningful experience. The staff working there are also very friendly, personal and well organized (even though they party all the time).

i had the most incredible time at Carpe Noctem. i met incredible people (both staff and guests) and genuinely had an unforgettable time. The staff took pride in making sure that everything was spotless and nice for their guests. The general feel and atmosphere was warm, comfortable and inviting. i have never had a better holiday, it was amazing.

• 5th Jul 2014

This wasn't my first stay at Carpe and it wont be my last! Not only is the hostel a cosy little space that feels like home but the staff make sure that you have the best possible stay by running nightly activities and suggesting a never ending list of things to do during the day. The hostel is in the perfect location to explore the city and has everything that you would ever need. If you're going to stay anywhere in Budapest to make your trip memorable make sure you stay here!

This is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Met so many amazing people, all the staff were so lovely and friendly. It wasn't like a hostel, it was just like staying with friends. I will definitely be back, I'm missing it already!

This hostel is absolutely the funnest hostel I've ever stayed at! Amazing atmosphere and staff, it felt like I was hanging out in a friends house!! everyone was really friendly, so was perfect for me as a solo traveller!! Every night was a party, which I loved, but if you don't want a party atmosphere, maybe stay elsewhere. I loved it there!!!