Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

A word to describe Carpe Noctem: AWESOME!! I was sick in those days but i had such a good time. The people are like family members and the atmosphere was great! The Crew is soooo lovely, funny and awesome. Budapest only with Carpe Noctem!!!

Great place. The staff were amazing and took us out each night. Location, cleanliness, security, all perfect. Very party oriented so it's easy to have a good time.

Amazing hostel, very friendly staff and mostly solo travellers makes for a great time. The benefit of being in with the other party hostels but not being as big means you can go out and have an epic time and still have somewhere nice and clean/quiet to come back too. Staff even folded my washing. Chur!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. It was more of a home than a hostel. The atmosphere was so great and the best staff I've encountered. They go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and organize the nightlife. But it is also more quiet compared to most party hostels so you can still rest if you need it. Never change Carpe Noctem!

Definitely a party hostel. Small cozy place for party lovers. Activities every night! Staff members try to make you feel at home. Warning: the hostel is on the 5th floor and there's no elevator! Generally very good. Can definitely recommend this place.

Nice hostel (flat). Not too far from all the attractions. Staff is helpful. Different parties organized every night. Very touristy - don't expect to see any Hungarians there.

This is my new home away from home. It was my first time being out of my home country and the staff did an excellent job of making everyone feel welcome and aware of the sights to see in the area. Each night there was an event that went on that nearly the whole hostel participated in. I don't think it will be long before I am back again.

• 12th Sep 2014

I'd had the most amazing time and I honestly love and adore you guys, only problem is now you've raised the bar for what I expect from every hostel. Thanks for the absolutely gnarliest week of my life and for such a beautiful hostel. Hope you like the review! Stay glorious!

Had the best stay at Carpe Noctem. The staff were extremely welcoming and made you feel like you were at home. The moment we walked in the door we were greeted by one of the staff members that took the time to sit down and go through all the sights and how to get there. They informed us of all the activities that were happening and made everyone feel involved. They even helped us out when we missed our night train. They go above and beyond. Highly recommend staying here. thanks guys :)

• 8th Sep 2014

this was definitely home away from home .... Coltrane, Kat, Sly, Salty ... these guys are the best .... the best way to party up in Budapeshht is to stay with these guys ... they will drag you out to party even if you are sick! ;) .. we loved the place so much we went back to stay another night before we left back for home.... great place to meet new like minded people.. we are definitely going back there sometime soon! :D

Best hostel in Europe. Best Staff ever. Highly recommend!

Me and my friend went to Budapest on a short backpacking trip. I have been to a lot of hostels and heard about Carpe Noctem from so many people, and it didn't disappoint! The staff is SO helpful and more than willing to help you set up anything you want to do, even if they are if they are not affiliated with it. There are organized night every night, we had so much fun every night. If you like to party but also want to come home to a quiet, clean bed this is the place for you!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Awesome atmosphere and great staff. You feel right at home once you arrive. There is a party every night that you can join but you can also stay in if you need a quiet night. Couldn't imagine staying somewhere better in Budapest.

Most of the guests I met ended up extending their stay. Great atmosphere, you'll feel at home in an instant. Really though, just book this hostel so you can hang out with the amazing staff.

Epic stay, cheers guys legends!

Wouldn't stay anywhere else. Some of the best staff I have encountered at a hostel. Plenty of activities and it's all in a very tight knit friendly space. Whether you plan to party or be a tourist, Carpe Noctem is ideal. Cheap too!

Highly recommend Carpe Noctem for your home whilst in Budapest. Like most people I extended my time here from 3 nights to a week. The hostel is in an awesome location super close to everything. Perfect place to stay for a solo traveller. At night there is a different activity on, so always something to do. Instantly felt at home with unlimited cups of tea. Staying at Carpe Noctem was the highlight of my Europe trip. Huge thanks for having me guys, can't wait to visit again!

This is the best hostel that i have ever been to!! Upon arrival I was checked in and introduced to all the staff, we were given a city tour via a map with all the information we needed and they answered all our questions which saved so much time! They organise so many events such as caving, thermal spa parties, beer bikes etc it's so much fun and everyone is such a laugh! Clean rooms, very efficient with cleanliness... OVERALL... 100% happy!!! Carpe noctem vitae you are AWSOME!!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• 29th Aug 2014

This hostel was amazing. The staff was fantastic and staying here was like staying with a group of friends. There are events organized every night, which makes it super easy to meet people and is the perfect place for solo travelers. Definitely an emphasis on partying, so if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, this is not it. But, if you are looking to have a good time and meet some cool people, this is totally your place. I cannot wait to return to Budapest and stay here again!

Looks like that half of the people lives there and they allow you to go out with them but they are not really friendly. Luckily the new people that arrives are great people and you won't be alone, but if you look for real party hostel there are better options for sure.