Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

We had an amazing stay here I would recommend it to anyone staying in Budapest! Such a great atmosphere, lovely staff and you can party hard or relax and have a night in. Excellent location and like a family as soon as you arrive. We met so many new friends and had the best time

Absolutely amazing staff and atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to help out after we missed a train at one point. Carpe Noctem is now the standard against which I compare all other hostels.

• 1st Jun 2014

This was probably one of my best experiences in any hostel. The staff was amazing, extremely fun, very helpful and kind. I would recomend this hostel 1,000%.

Awesome crew, great clean friendly hostel

Fantastic place. Brkught is to a super ratchet backpacker bar and we all had fun. Extremely nice staff didn't even make us check out each day.

Great small, cosy vibe where everyone is encouraged to get to know each other and the staff. Good location too!

• 23rd May 2014

Amazing staff, so friendly and helpful! I had an awesome time in Budapest, but definitely wouldn't have if I didn't stay here. Fun activities and partying and also a great place to chill. Thank you so much Carpe Noctem!!

• 22nd May 2014

Absolutely loved it here, will definitely be coming back! Close to the main street Andrassy, City Park, and Szechenyi Baths, but a far walk from the Chain Bridge and Buda side. But close to so many food options. Staff was the best, felt so at home here. Had a blast going out with everyone at night, can't wait to come back!

Highly recommend staying here. The staff are amazing and really helpful. I loved every minute of my stay and just wish i couldve stayed longer. But i am set to come back in january next year. Carpe Noctem is the best!!!

• 20th May 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I've never been so sad to leave a place in my entire life. The atmosphere is like nothing I've ever experienced in any other Hostel. The staff genuinely care about you, and your well being. Big ups to Anna, Coltraine, Tom, Pontus and Andi for making my time at Carpe Noctem a completely unforgettable and the most meaningful travel experience I have ever had. O.G. has a big piece of my heart, and I will certainly be returning.

A visit to Budapest is incomplete without a booking here. Unless you absolutely hate fun. The incomparable staff plan great activities nightly and the hostel is designed to provide solo voyageurs opportunities to make lasting friends. The facilities are remarkably clean and well-maintained, as well. This is a place where lost boys and girls go to take a break from growing up. Book for three nights and stay for thirty. I did, and I've got memories (some nights, anyhow) to last a lifetime.

There is no doubt about it, budapest is seriously fun! Make sure you come on a Saturday so you can do the spa party - it is amazing! Serious inertia at the hostel, but all wonderful people who help you wherever possible. Any city where you can buy you a beer for 80c (not at retox) is worth visiting!!

THIS IS A PARTY HOSTEL. There are a network of sister party hostels in Budapest. They go out EVERY NIGHT TOGETHER. It's kind of like being part of a frat. That said, the staff were very nice and helpful people, young, and nice to chill with, a friendly gang! Get drinking! Get weird! And have yourself a good old time at Carpe Noctem. Events every night starting at 8-9pm with other hostels. GO CAVING.

I appreciate that some hostels aim for being small and intimate to improve the overall travelling experience. However, that is only good when it's done right.. The atmosphere was a little 'too' intimate (and not in a good way) and it didn't really allow you to have your own space. I also thought the facilities were pretty subpar, the hot water was pretty abysmal and the bathroom doors didn't close properly. I'd personally not recommend this place to anyone.

Nothing I can say would make you understand. Don't go there only for the Party. Don't go there only to get laid. These are things that can be found everywhere, as they certainly are at Carpe Noctem. Just go and experience it for yourself. But be prepared to stay twice as long as you'd planned. I'm totally not qualified to say this, but I'm pretty sure Carpe Noctem is the greatest hostel on the planet. I honestly do not know why I ever left Budapest. Oh my god. (That last bit was for Anna.)

They are the best. Staying here will make your trip awesome, they do everything they can to not only let you enjoy Budapest, but also come away with many new friends. You will be sad to leave

This hostel is great. Really chill setup and environment. They've got some sort of party every night and pretty much everyone at the hostel goes. The staff are all travelers and they are super helpful with helping you plan your trip and of course with coordinating partying at night.

Loved staying here! The staff is awesome and is dedicated to making sure that everyone is having fun (maybe a bit too much fun). I met a lot of great people, had an unforgetable time, and really feel that I got to explore Budapest. Would definitely recommend it!

Really great staff! Maybe the facilities ate not top but everything else completly overcomes that. Every night there is something planned, it is fun, but if you want to feel something more local allow yourself one night off the plan.

If your looking for a home away from home this is the place to go. Small hostel with a great vibe you walk In door to greeted straight away by the legendary staff. Shout out to Anna, cold train and tom would not have been the same without you guys. O also bed was great, showers hot and embracing. Lotsa Love Jerry from sydney