Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

2005 Total Reviews

Excellent for those who want to meet people, go out and have fun

One of the best trips I've had!! They had super fun activities planned for us ever night, do the all. The staff was do helpful they told us all the places we had to go and what not to do. They recommend amazing food places!! Do the night boat tour with the champagne and you have to go caving... You have to. One of the funniest activities I've ever done! All around, great trip, great people, great food, great hostel!

• 22nd Nov 2013

I slept on the couch as often as my bed, had a hangover everyday and struggled to make it outdoors and I still haven't recovered from the cold I picked up there. I vote this the second best hostel in Europe, but I'll leave it up to you to decide if you agree.

• 16th Nov 2013

Hands down the best hostel I stayed in on my trip. It's beyond amazing for solo travellers - the most welcoming place ever. It's like moving into a random share-house with 21 future friends. Just... just do it. Stay here. You'll not regret it.

I was supposed to be there for only three days, and ended up extending to a full week. Going back again next week! nuff said?

Best hostel I've ever stayed, the moment you arrive they make sure you already feel part of the group, so it's definitely the best place to go if you are traveling by yourself. You will never stay there and not have the chance to go out and meet people, they always make sure you have an amazing place to go every night! Free padlocks, free towels, free coffee, can get better than this! The saddest thing about this hostel is definitely having to leave.

This is one of the best hostels you will ever find for single travelers who like to party. The staff is really nice and make you feel home from the moment you arrive. It's great to meet a lot off people and have lots of fun. The staff really tries to help you in every way they can and give you the best information about the city. They make sure everybody feels part of the group. I am definitely going back someday.

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Simply put, the best hostel ive ever stayed at. the hostel feels like home, very friendly staff, and a great atmosphere. Carpe Noctem does the little things right, like no set checkout times, free towels, and very comfortable mattresses. Would definitely recommend this hostel to everybody!

• 8th Nov 2013

Best hostel i've stayed at so far. Rosie, Jamie and Tom are great and they made me feel at home right away. If you are a solo traveler and like to party, this is the hostel for you.

• 7th Nov 2013

Got too drunk in Split, never made the train to Budapest. You should probably go though, I hear it's good.

The most friendly and social hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff was so helpfull, and every night had planned activities like pub crawls. Perfect for you who want a good mixture of partying and meeting people from all over the world. Couldn't get any better.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Sweden

Hostel was easy to get to and gave you bracelets for security codes. Offered great nightly activities that had almost 100% hostel participation (from bath parties to themed pub crawls like ninjas). It had the vibe of a college frat house (same level of cleanliness). The staff was really close to one another which made it uncomfortable for some of the guests to not feel out of place when spending time in the common area where they always were. It was super easy to meet other people though.

I had heaps of fun here, exceptional atmosphere

An outstanding group of employees will have you feeling right at home in this hostel. Because of the incredibly relaxed and yet down-to-get-wasted atmosphere created by the employees, one is likely to find an incredibly fantastic group of guests. Certainly my recommendation would go to Carpe Noctem, but only if you are down to get down. If your idea of a good time in Budapest does not include booze, loud music, dancing, and/or possibly engaging in sexual congress, you should look elsewhere.

• 29th Oct 2013

What can I say! Booked here for 2 nights but ended up staying for 8! The staff here were amazing (Rosie, Jamiee, Tom), they took you out each night and some nights would cook you dinner. This hostel has been my favourite so far, atmosphere was awesome! I didn't want to leave! I will be back here as soon as possible. Ethan.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed! Very friendly and funny people and atmosphere! Staff are quite awesome and are always trying to help and to give you best moments. I strongly recommend this hostel if you are travelling in a small group and want to meet other people!

AWESOME! 9 nights here was not long enough, I very nearly changed my plans to become a staff member here. This place has a great vibe. The (awesome) staff take you out at 8:30 every night so if you want to party you can, or if you want to relax and have an early night you can. This place is perfect for solo travellers. Safe, secure, great location, good vibes, great staff. Safe to say it's been my best hostel experience in over 4 months of travelling. Cheers OG!

I have traveled all over the world and have never felt as welcomed anywhere as I did at Carpe Noctem. The second you walk through the door you become part of the family. The manager Tom is like that crazy uncle I always wished I had. Strumming on the guitar or watching a match he's always there to hang or help with anything. Jamie is a firecracker and always down for a good time. She's an awesome person to go out with during their nightly event! Rosie is simply awesome and so fun. GO HERE NOW!

Haven't had this much fun at a hostel in ages. Staff are incredible, the nightly activities are awesome and there's such a good atmosphere at the hostel.

I've had the best bday i could wish for with these guys! Best crew you can think of, the environment is sooo welcoming and everyone so caring and sweet. Got to know this amazing place through recommendation, and it did not go under my expectations :) miss it all already