Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Absolutely obsessed with this hostel. My friend and I stayed here for three nights and were constantly impressed with the staff, activities, location, people we met there, etc. We had the best possible experience and Carpe Noctem was definitely the highlight of our trip. We have recommended it to every person we have talked to since leaving.

• 29th Jan 2015

Fantastic hostel, defiantly going back there when we revisit the city in the summer. The only place to stay in Budapest if you want to simultaneously see the city, party, and meet some great people.

• 28th Jan 2015

Family orientated. Perfect for when you've been travelling for a long time and want to feel like you're at home. The staff are awesome! Party on Wayne

• 27th Jan 2015

Absolute quality in ever sense of the word- I would definitely recommend to anyone!

• 23rd Jan 2015

A wonderful hostel - fabulous staff and atmosphere - would stay here over and over again.

Ive been living in hostels for seven months and none of them come close to this one. The staff become friends for life, they have free cooking essentials, are super clean and have extremely comfortable beds. They have activities planned every night which are combined with the other party hostels. You're guaranteed to want to extend your stay there, I did several times. This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at, they really become family.

This hostel is community based. Everyone takes care of each other. So if you are a solo, selfless traveler looking to have a blast with a tight knight group, then this hostel is definitely for you! The facility is clean and the staff cleans rooms right in front of you to show they care about having a clean hostel. Also, make sure to enjoy the family dinners and group events that the staff take you to during the day and at night.

Absolutely loved my stay at Carpe Noctem! It's the perfect hostel for solo travellers. I was a bit hesitant travelling by myself for the first time, but Carpe Noctem could not have made it any easier to meet awesome people and enjoy the beautiful city that is Budapest. The staff are the best - always helpful and a great bunch of people to hang out with. The hostel itself was comfortable and always felt like home. I know that I'll definitely be back. Do yourself a favour and book yourself in now!

• 20th Jan 2015

Wanna say thanks to all the staff at Carpe Noctem who made my week in Budapest so much fun. The events every night are amazing but what really makes it are the people, love the OG family! Thanks guys! p.s. special shoutout to Clover who was awesome and should work at OG full time!

The best staff, they give you a map with recommendations to do in the city, go pub crawl with them!! Good location, a little bit hard to find because there's no sign, but totally worth it. Clean, big rooms with lockers, kitchen, coffee, tea, eggs and bread for free. Nice hostel to meet people and go out with them.

I miss you guys so ridiculously much!

My favourite hostel of my entire 4 month long trip. Staff were outstanding in whatever you needed - advice on what to do that day, or if you were just in need of a decent chat. Many organised events - pub crawls, caving tours, boat party, bath party nights. And when we left they recommended hostels in the cities we were going to. Fantastic, I'll be back!

Easily the best hostel I have stayed in in Europe! The staff are wonderful, the beds are amazing, the tea is lovely and the vibe is great. Great for both daytime activities and funtimes at night. Couldn't recommend this place enough!

This hostel was simply amazing. the bonds we made with both staff and guests throughout our week there will honestly last a lifetime. Coltrane was wonderful, as were the other staff members! loved every moment of our stay and we were unbelievably sad to leave. will definitely be back in the foreseeable future. Cheers Carpe. missing you lots! x

Carpe Noctem was our favourite hostel we stayed at in Europe. The hostel's staff are the best, they made us feel at home right away and gave us some excellent tips on what to do in our short time in Budapest. There's something to do every night and never a dull moment! Stay here and you're guaranteed to have a great time in Budapest.

Location good, if you want to party good, BUT.. the the place smelt like beer and cigarettes, the Staff member that checked us in smelt like he hadn't showered for days and given that was in the same clothes for the follwing three I assumed that was the case. The rooms are overcrowded, even the Staff member told me legally they are only supposed to have 10 beds (they have 22). The rooms are messy because of the lack of room and there are only 2 showers (which go hot

Dear readers! We've stayed here for 5 nights, and it was AWESOME! We are in love with Carpe Noctem and the staff, of course. We just want to go back as soon as possible. The beds in the dorm rooms were really comfortable and we slept like babies. The staff cleaned the hostel every day, so that was just perfect. The location is pretty awesome. The possibilities for sightseeing and partying are great! So whatever you are up to - they are pretty close to it! GO THERE IT'S AWESOME! Denmark

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Amazing staff, comfortable beds and central location, comfortably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Elevator was out of service at the time I was staying but apparently it's only temporary so I hope it gets fixed soon. Really enjoyed my stay and was able to see the city and sleep at night if I wanted to due to the quite policy after 10! Very convenient smoking terrace as well!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Austria

Great Experience. Staff always hands on with any problems. Looking forward to my next visit. Already recommended the hostel to friends.

• 28th Dec 2014

Location: The place was a bit difficult to find and was also on top floor, but the location of the hostel is perfect and near to the city, Staff: Staff is amazing and very helpful, full marks to them. Atmosphere: Hostel atmosphere is amazing and travellers will definitely enjoy this place.