Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Location: The place was a bit difficult to find and was also on top floor, but the location of the hostel is perfect and near to the city, Staff: Staff is amazing and very helpful, full marks to them. Atmosphere: Hostel atmosphere is amazing and travellers will definitely enjoy this place.

This place and these people have the ability to make you feel well taken care of, at the same time that you are having the time of your life (and ingesting incredible amounts of alcohol). By far the best hostel in our trip and to this day, I still can't stop talking about it. Definitely hope to go back again soon!

You guys were so amazing, thanks so much for making it such a memorable stay :) Nate+Ash.

• 17th Dec 2014

This place is average at best. All but one of the staff members were rude and unfriendly, unable to even look up from their computers when you walk into the room. This would have been ok if the facilities made up for it but they were equally as poor. The toilets always smelt like urine and were clearly never cleaned properly, wi-fi did not work very well in the rooms. Location was fine but there are definitely other hostels in Budapest that would have provided a more welcoming atmosphere.

WOW. Carpe Noctem you've stolen my heart. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this place. First of all the staff are LEGEN(wait for it)DARY. Cheesy, I know, but it's true. I've stayed at some great hostels while traveling around but these guys could not be nicer or more welcoming. They tell you all the best things to do in the city and take you out every night to party with them. If you're traveling solo and looking to find a home away from home this place is for you.

• 16th Dec 2014

By the far the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff are incredibly friendly and love partying with everyone, every night! The location is perfect and the social vibe is unparallelled! The beds are really comfortable, perfect for rest after a long night out in the city. I can't say enough positive things about this hostel. Stop reading this review and book a bed here already!!!

• 16th Dec 2014

I have chosen this hostel because of the high rate it had, but based on my personal experience, it was a bad choice it's far away from the touristic area, 5th floor no lift, it's not that clean, I had the feeling the sheets I had on my bed were used by somebody else before, the common room seems a cemetery, I have to say that the staff are good people, very nice and helped with my questions regarding the city if I have to go back to budapest, I definitely won't be staying at this hostel again.

Great hostel. Staff are awesome and always have plenty for you to do. Its clean, secure and walking distance from most places. Its a small hostel which makes it nice and chilled out during the days and most people hang out in the common room which makes it very easy to meet new people. Would recommend it highly, can't fault the place.

• 8th Dec 2014

Small, cosy, good for partying and very friendly staff.

It was unlike any hostel or accommodation I've ever stayed at before. From the moment you walk in, its like you're coming into a long-lost mates house that you never knew you had. Everyone wants to get to know each other, and you feel settled in within like an hour. Then, of course, you party as a group and from then on in you're family. I stayed four nights, and would have stayed longer if I possibly could've. Loved the staff, loved the mates made, just loved everything about the place.

• 4th Dec 2014

Oh, this place has such a character! Great if you want to meet other people and party! There's something going on every night and you're more than welcome to take part (nobody will make you though!) Loved it, though I did feel a bit old there (I just turned 30), especially when I wanted to have my 8 hr sleep haha:) So I guess you can't have everything, but I really liked it anyway.

Great people, great parties. Not a whole lot of privacy, creeky beds. Loved my time there.

Great atmosphere and lovely people -- lots of fun!

This place is great. The best part is the staff. Each staff member is aweome! We went out on a pub crawl. I met lots of neat people. Saw lots of neat things. This is the place to be when in Budapest . ☺️

• 21st Nov 2014

The staff was really unkind and look bored all the time. Chilling in pyjamas all day. For example, we asked one of them to know where is the train station and she replied that internet exists for that. Not a party hostel at all, complete silence after 9pm otherwise they threaten to kick you out. This place is really overrated and I would definetly never go back there again.

• 20th Nov 2014

Felt more like a home than a hostel. It was heartbreaking to leave. With only 22 beds, everyone gets to know everyone else right away; I recommend this place to every solo traveller I meet. The activities planned every night were so much fun. Free coffee, tea, eggs, and bread was a huge plus as well. I will definitely be returning to Budapest, and when I do, I will DEFINITELY stay here again. I miss it already!

To be honest, I don't really understand the hype. I like a good party, so the party hostel part did not bother me, but the place is run down, lacks facilities and most of the staff (apart from a few who were great!) was arrogant and mostly trying to hook up with the guests every night. Good hostel for meeting people though.

Did not anticipate having such an amaxing time in Budapest but these guys sure know how to party all night while showing you how/where to have a blast during the day as well! Great social atmosphere, definitely coming back at some point!

Such an amazing family environment and I wish I never left!

• 14th Nov 2014

Lovely little hostel with a friendly atmosphere. The staff have lots of great suggestions for things to do/see/eat in the area. Could do without the pressure to go out as a group every night as having to leave the hostel at 8.30pm is hard to do if you want to get the most from the city. Staff need to chill a bit with their forced fun and let guests feel comfortable to do what they want and make friends in the process. Great for solo travellers and backpackers. Awesome location too!

• 8th Nov 2014