Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel was small, but the staff was great and the atmosphere was also great.

Out of all the hostels I stayed in for 6 weeks this was the best one, a small hostel with mostly solo travellers, which is great to meet people and has great events at night!

This place was the best hostel I stayed at. The staff is fantastic and super helpful with anything you need and they do a great job of taking everyone out to experience the night life of Budapest. The atmosphere is super chill and I met some great people to spend the weekend with. I'll definitely be going back!!

• 6th Jun 2014

I know everyone says this but book yourself at least 3 extra nights at this place than you think you will stay even if you have no time to travel. I didn't know what to expect in Budapest but what I got was a family of friends. You have to really try not to become best friends with all 20 staff at this place. The best place a solo traveler could ask for. Staff is incredible and genuinely cares about you. Everything is on one floor and very convenient. If you like to have fun, just book now.

This hostel was fab - its super small but thats part of what makes it so great :) defs recommend!

Wonderful little hostel in great location with a fantastic group of staff.

Ground control- ground control? What are you talking about?! I don't know I've got this goiter, I think that's what Dr. Bruce called it. O, wait this hostel world, thats a review for another time. CARPE NOCTEM, my safe haven! This hostel is beautiful and located in an amazing city, great location, atmosphere, cleanliness, value for money & facilities. The staff, will give you all the tools and info (information) you need to have an amazing unforgettable time!

• 2nd Jun 2014

We had an amazing stay here I would recommend it to anyone staying in Budapest! Such a great atmosphere, lovely staff and you can party hard or relax and have a night in. Excellent location and like a family as soon as you arrive. We met so many new friends and had the best time

Absolutely amazing staff and atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to help out after we missed a train at one point. Carpe Noctem is now the standard against which I compare all other hostels.

• 1st Jun 2014

This was probably one of my best experiences in any hostel. The staff was amazing, extremely fun, very helpful and kind. I would recomend this hostel 1,000%.

Awesome crew, great clean friendly hostel

Fantastic place. Brkught is to a super ratchet backpacker bar and we all had fun. Extremely nice staff didn't even make us check out each day.

Great small, cosy vibe where everyone is encouraged to get to know each other and the staff. Good location too!

• 23rd May 2014

Amazing staff, so friendly and helpful! I had an awesome time in Budapest, but definitely wouldn't have if I didn't stay here. Fun activities and partying and also a great place to chill. Thank you so much Carpe Noctem!!

• 22nd May 2014

Absolutely loved it here, will definitely be coming back! Close to the main street Andrassy, City Park, and Szechenyi Baths, but a far walk from the Chain Bridge and Buda side. But close to so many food options. Staff was the best, felt so at home here. Had a blast going out with everyone at night, can't wait to come back!

Highly recommend staying here. The staff are amazing and really helpful. I loved every minute of my stay and just wish i couldve stayed longer. But i am set to come back in january next year. Carpe Noctem is the best!!!

• 20th May 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I've never been so sad to leave a place in my entire life. The atmosphere is like nothing I've ever experienced in any other Hostel. The staff genuinely care about you, and your well being. Big ups to Anna, Coltraine, Tom, Pontus and Andi for making my time at Carpe Noctem a completely unforgettable and the most meaningful travel experience I have ever had. O.G. has a big piece of my heart, and I will certainly be returning.

A visit to Budapest is incomplete without a booking here. Unless you absolutely hate fun. The incomparable staff plan great activities nightly and the hostel is designed to provide solo voyageurs opportunities to make lasting friends. The facilities are remarkably clean and well-maintained, as well. This is a place where lost boys and girls go to take a break from growing up. Book for three nights and stay for thirty. I did, and I've got memories (some nights, anyhow) to last a lifetime.

There is no doubt about it, budapest is seriously fun! Make sure you come on a Saturday so you can do the spa party - it is amazing! Serious inertia at the hostel, but all wonderful people who help you wherever possible. Any city where you can buy you a beer for 80c (not at retox) is worth visiting!!

THIS IS A PARTY HOSTEL. There are a network of sister party hostels in Budapest. They go out EVERY NIGHT TOGETHER. It's kind of like being part of a frat. That said, the staff were very nice and helpful people, young, and nice to chill with, a friendly gang! Get drinking! Get weird! And have yourself a good old time at Carpe Noctem. Events every night starting at 8-9pm with other hostels. GO CAVING.