Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

2091 Total Reviews

What an incredible hostel! Just like home, comfortable beds, lockers and free lock hire, clean and well equipped kitchen, sparkling bathrooms! Family dinner every night is cheap and yummy. Staff greet you with a cup of tea on arrival and make you feel incredibly welcome. Tom, Coltrane, Andi and Anna are the best staff members you'll ever come across on your travels. Staying here is a must, you're making a mistake if you don't!

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

This is a fantastic hostel! I've been backpacking now for 6 months and have stayed in my fair share of hostels but this one stands out. It is a smaller hostel where everyone becomes close because of its family style setup. The employees do a fantastic job at making everyone feel at home and every night the hostel meets up with all the big party hostels, making each night a crazy fun night. The pros is that at the end of your crazy night you get to go back to a quiet cozy home. Xo Brittany

The staff is what makes this hostel. Make you feel comfortable since the beginning and are always there for talking. Even if the hostel is empty it may still be as good. The staff are always partying together and at the same time engaged on managing the Hostel and giving good Infos when needed. Go to this hostel if you feel comfortable being around mostly native English speakers and can speak quite good English since if not you may feel a little out of the group. Good for solo trav/small group.

Outstanding hostel, outstanding staff!

Absolutely loved Carpe Noctem! The staff greeted us with a cup of tea and made us feel like part of the family. It's a small hostel, so everyone socialises and goes out together (including the lovely guys and gals who work there, who showed us the best places in Budapest and made lovely "family dinners"). It's in a great place, and kept super clean, with no silly extra costs or anything! I can't stress enough how spoiled you'll be if you come here - I'm already planning my next trip back!

• 5th Mar 2014

This is a great party hostel. Staff were amazing, and great about organizing activities. A little bit of a walk to some of the better sights in Budapest, but overall I really enjoyed my stay.

Amazing hostel that is easily the best I have ever been too, the place has an incredibly friendly environment and is very welcoming to everybody that arrives there. The staff are incredibly knowledgeable about the city and inform you of all the best places to go, and booked in some great activities, such as caving, for us. The place itself is kept super clean and tidy, and each night they cook a "family meal" which is great value and everybody socialises together. Can't recommend highly enough

Great atmosphere and great staff! Great for solo travelers! Everyday there is an event that people from the hostel go to. It is very good to meet new people and make travel friends! The location is also very good, close to all the city atractions! I would definately recommend it!

Probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in without a doubt... I have never felt more welcomed in a hostel than Carpe Noctem, I was welcomed with a cup of tea and highly informed about all the site-seeing places and activities. The atmosphere in the hostel was amazing, never felt anything like it before, we were all one big family, we drank together, ate together and partied together. Family. The staff are so friendly, it was an honour to stay at this hostel. Highly recommend Carpe!!

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Booked two nights stayed more and then came back to Budapest just for the hostel and the parties they host!

• 10th Feb 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Became a member of this site purely so I could leave a review. Carpe is absolutely perfect for solo travellers - especially those wanting to do a bit of partying. But also considerate of those who dont. Met loads of people, staff are really helpful and friendly, super clean, no unnecessary costs eg towel/padlock hire... I honestly have no criticism!! Can't wait to get back there!!

• 6th Feb 2014

AMAZING hostel!! Because it's a smaller hostel, you get to know the staff and other travelers really well and everyone hangs out together. Don't stay anywhere else in Budapest!!!!

I would and already have recommended this hostel to all of my friends.The hostel was a home away from home, stretching from 'family dinners', where they make a nice home-cooked meal for anyone who wants (about $3) to having an extremely friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The staff are extremely approachable and are always more than happy to help in any way possible. In addition, the hostel is kept exceptionally clean. I backpacked for a year and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 4th Feb 2014