Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Fantastic, smaller hostel which is great for solo travelers. Really easy to meet people and the staff is awesome, super helpful and organize events every night for going out and seeing (and drinking in) Budapest. Even though its a party hostel there is a noise curfew every night which is nice for when you do need to sleep. Noone should spend all night drinking in a hostel in Budapest anyways, go explore the city!

Far and away the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Loved every minute in Budapest and wished we could have stayed longer. The staff are so laid-back, friendly and helpful. Great location, amazing atmosphere. The PERFECT hostel. Wish I could go back tomorrow! STAY HERE.

Easily the most fun I've ever had at a hostel. It's a smaller hostel, so it felt like renting an apartment with a bunch of your really good friends. It was in a good location near some great restaurants that the staff were happy to point out. Also, If you like to party the staff will take you out at night i.e. to a thermal spa party! And, if you don't -- I never had any trouble falling asleep. Great for solo travelers. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer! Two days was not enough!

This is my second time back here. Had to bring some more of my friends and they all loved it!! Hopefully can come back again soon!

We had a great time at the hostel. Best atmosphere ever, with a super duper fantastic great staff :)

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Incredible spot, really friendly and helpful staff, very social atmosphere, while I was there I heard more than one person say it was one of the best hostels they'd ever stayed at.

• 5th Aug 2014

If I could give the staff a higher rating than just excellent, I would. I stayed at Carpe Noctem OG for a week and I wish I could've stayed there forever. All the staff, Tom, Andy, Coltrain, Anna and Jaime made sure you weren't just a guest who stayed there for your euro trip, but they made sure you were part of a family. The staff made sure to take you out every night, and if you wanted to have a quiet night you had that chance as the hostel itself was cleared out of all the partiers by 9PM.

So much fun! I love that the hostel is so careful about not allowing group bookings larger than 3 people. That way, you really get to know the other people in the hostel and they always have great activities for every night of the week. Great place to stay if you want to socialize but all the activities leave the hostel at 9PM so if you need to chill the eff out, you're able to do so—great team and am glad I stayed!

Great hostel to stay at if you want to party! Staff were very welcoming and friendly, and would join in on the nightly events. Great atmosphere and the staff were always willing to help with any problems I had, and gave the best recommendations for things to do during the day. If you're heading to Budapest I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 29th Jul 2014