Carpe Noctem Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

There is no doubt about it, budapest is seriously fun! Make sure you come on a Saturday so you can do the spa party - it is amazing! Serious inertia at the hostel, but all wonderful people who help you wherever possible. Any city where you can buy you a beer for 80c (not at retox) is worth visiting!!

THIS IS A PARTY HOSTEL. There are a network of sister party hostels in Budapest. They go out EVERY NIGHT TOGETHER. It's kind of like being part of a frat. That said, the staff were very nice and helpful people, young, and nice to chill with, a friendly gang! Get drinking! Get weird! And have yourself a good old time at Carpe Noctem. Events every night starting at 8-9pm with other hostels. GO CAVING.

I appreciate that some hostels aim for being small and intimate to improve the overall travelling experience. However, that is only good when it's done right.. The atmosphere was a little 'too' intimate (and not in a good way) and it didn't really allow you to have your own space. I also thought the facilities were pretty subpar, the hot water was pretty abysmal and the bathroom doors didn't close properly. I'd personally not recommend this place to anyone.

Nothing I can say would make you understand. Don't go there only for the Party. Don't go there only to get laid. These are things that can be found everywhere, as they certainly are at Carpe Noctem. Just go and experience it for yourself. But be prepared to stay twice as long as you'd planned. I'm totally not qualified to say this, but I'm pretty sure Carpe Noctem is the greatest hostel on the planet. I honestly do not know why I ever left Budapest. Oh my god. (That last bit was for Anna.)

They are the best. Staying here will make your trip awesome, they do everything they can to not only let you enjoy Budapest, but also come away with many new friends. You will be sad to leave

This hostel is great. Really chill setup and environment. They've got some sort of party every night and pretty much everyone at the hostel goes. The staff are all travelers and they are super helpful with helping you plan your trip and of course with coordinating partying at night.

Loved staying here! The staff is awesome and is dedicated to making sure that everyone is having fun (maybe a bit too much fun). I met a lot of great people, had an unforgetable time, and really feel that I got to explore Budapest. Would definitely recommend it!

Really great staff! Maybe the facilities ate not top but everything else completly overcomes that. Every night there is something planned, it is fun, but if you want to feel something more local allow yourself one night off the plan.

If your looking for a home away from home this is the place to go. Small hostel with a great vibe you walk In door to greeted straight away by the legendary staff. Shout out to Anna, cold train and tom would not have been the same without you guys. O also bed was great, showers hot and embracing. Lotsa Love Jerry from sydney

The staff is godlike. Everything else has no meaning.

I've stayed in tons of hostels all over Europe and Carpe Noctem is one of the very few that really knows how to do it right. First off, a smaller hostel is ALWAYS the way to go if you want to meet people. The staff is not only super friendly and helpful, but fun as hell. They have fun stuff planned every night of the week and they hit the bars with you after. Staff members Anna Tom and Coltrane really make you feel at home at Carpe and you'll miss these guys as soon as you leave. - Alex

I had a great time staying at Carpe Noctem. The staff are super friendly and the ambiance is just right. I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm in Budapest.

Look, the only thing you need to know is that you have to book to get out of here before you arrive in Budapest because this place is so much fun you will try to escape all obligations and live here forever. Missing this place times a bazillion. Will be back ASAP.

This is my first time trying a party hostel and it was wonderful! People are quite friendly and helpful there.

Cannot recommend this place enough! Consider the staff your second family and the hostel your ticket to everything fun going on in Budapest! If you are looking for a good time but also a comfy place to relax (be hungover) and learn a lot about the city please stay here! It's the best of the party hostels and is just downright amazing!!! All the charm of a home away from home :)

• 21st Apr 2014

The best hostel of Budapest! Very nice!

Great hostel and staff

This place is amazing! The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere here is just so fun. There will never be a dull moment at this hostel, I promise! I highly recommend staying here.

Well, I certainly had a blast here! My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. And, really, Budapest itself is truly incredible. The whole team were fab and even if I didn't hang around the hostel too much, I certainly felt welcomed and part of the family! I really don't think I could have asked for any more of the hostel. Apart from maybe to relocate two storeys down... I'll definitely be back, Carpe.

BEST CITY HOSTEL EVER! best stuff, activities, new friend and smiles:) So many solo travelers, its the best:)