Carroll's Hostel Reviews

Calle 11 #4-120, Rodadero, Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Colombia

The private bedroom I took was not as I expected. In the pictures it looked much better. The water tap in the barthroom was not working, the bed was not very comfortable, in general this bedroom needs a better manteinance.

Thanks for staying with us. The photos of the room in question are old and the room has since been renovated + on check-in you discovered that you booked a different room to what you thought so naturally the photos would not look the same. This is the first I have heard of the tap not working and my question is, why didn't you say something to the reception within the 3 nights you stayed with us? It's an easy fix and could have done in 10 minutes. We are sorry that you were not satisfied.

Nice pool. Easy to come and go. Super clean. Decent kitchen. This was a drug kings mansion so it's spacious and nice with many bathrooms and a nice view. There's a grocery store close by and the beach, and mall, and restaurants, and dancing are all a few blocks away. This is in rododero, not Centro, so there's less to do and the beach isn't outstanding but it's a great place to relax for a couple of days! The wifi only works downstairs but there's plenty of comfy seating down there.

The rooms were great, love that every bed has curtains around it with its own little lamp, shelf and plug socket! Really clean too! Staff were really nice and very helpful!

Spacious, beautifull, well equipped hostel with friendly staff 24h around the clock. The 10 bed dorm on top has a nice view. Little bar available beside the pool. Nice value for money for breakfast. Outside teh city center, bus a bus connection is very close by. I went for a trek to the Lost City in the Sierra Nevada for 5 days and could store my backpack there for free. I would definatly recommend this place!

It is definitely a beautiful hostel! All painted in white, located in a hill, with an awesome view of the neighborhood, and of the ocean. The swimming pool is great as well! The rooms are clean, beautiful and the facilities great! The bar is tiny and cosy! The tv room is excellent! It's in a very nice neighborhood. With it's relaxing atmosphere, it's a great hostel to chill out for somedays! I recommend! And I would even go back and stay for some more days in the 10 beds dorm! Well done guys!

Need mirrors in the room. Otherwise great hostel and location

• 12th Feb 2015

The attention to detail in this hostel is wonderful - each dorm bed has its own plug socket, reading light and individual curtains, and the bathrooms are of the sort you'd expect to find in a fancy hotel. Pool and communal areas are great for hanging out and its 4 mins from the beach. Pretty much perfect.

It's very clean and modern, this makes your stay very comfortable for your moneys worth. The location is not ideal but if you are looking for a chilled, quiet hostel to just lay back I recommend it. We, as guest had to face an incident within the staff of the hostel. One of the staffs members was very rude, screaming to the rest of the Colombia staff.

Hello M.S Thanks for staying with us. I have spoken to my members of staff and none of them said any such thing. All of our staff are born and bred Colombians so I can't see them calling the self's "idiots/retards". I believe the shouting you heard was from the past guest that broke a main water pipe in the garden and then started to panic once the place was flooding. We do NOT stand for any anti-social behaviour especially racism. Safe travels.

Internet was terrible and one of the computers was broken which made it difficult to do our last minute bookings. The dorm I was in had no a/c and the fans were incredibly loud. The pool area was great though and you're only a few blocks from the beach and restaurants.

Hello J.F. Firstly thanks for staying with us. When you were here with us we were in the process up upgrading our internet service and informed all guests that the internet will be in and out of service for a day or two. The internet is now working better than ever and we have the fastest connection in Santa Marta, also both our guest computers are now fully functional. Save travels

Amazing place. Beautiful building, pool, comfortable beds with personal lights, plugs, and shelves, as well as a TV room, and large showers. Security was excellent. Video entry, bag check with names and double checking, lockers in rooms. Only stayed one night but wish it could have been longer.

Cool place, lacked a bit of atmosphere and the rooms are hot but the pool is so nice and general feel of the place was chilled.. Would stay again!

everything's great just the beer is expensive...

Note that this hostel is not in Santa Marta, it is in nearby Rodadero (10-15 minutes away by bus or cab). This actually pleaspleasantly surprised us as there were seemed to be more Colombian tourists than anyone else. They advertise a cheap breakfast but I recommend you make your own or eat elsewhere. Overall the hostel is clean and very chill. We met a few people disappointed at the lack of a party but we welcomed the quiet after travelling though big cities.

• 28th Dec 2014

Hostel was great but we really didn't like the surrounding town

Carroll's hotel is a very nice hotel in Rodadero, a few minutes away from the center of Santa Marta. Will cost you 10000 pesos by cab and 1200 by bus to go to the center. The hotel is conveniently located as it is close to the beach, restaurants, chivas, and bus

Carroll's hostel is a really nice place to stay! It has everything you need, and the rooms are really nice. It's really clean, and the supermarket is only 5 minutes away. I definitely would recommend this hostel!

This hostel is perfect! So clean, quiet, good bed, hot and powerfull shower, helpful staff, located in a nice area of La Candelaria. Only bad point is that the breakfast is paid :(

A fantastic hostel only minutes from a nice big beach with an real Colombian feel to it. Also very easy to get to other more quieter beaches and the Tayrona National Park. Staff are great and very helpful / knowledgeable. The hostel its self is a cool ex mafia house with by far the best rooms I have ever seen in a hostel. The whole hostel is super clean and truly a great place to chill out with a few beers. Clean big swimming pool is great in the heat of Santa Marta. Highly recommend this hostel

• 29th Oct 2014

Very good hostel. Clean, good location, safe, good facilities.

beautiful hostel, a little quiet during the week but i would imagine there would be a more of a party vibe when the bar opens on the weekend