Casa 579 Reviews

Rua Doutor Julio Otoni 579, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Fantastic staff and breakfast, would definitely recommend.

• 14th May 2013

My girldfriend and i were there for 3 nights and after that we asked to stay 2 more nights. That means we stayed there for 5 nights it was very nice. The persones who work there are very helpful and heartily. They will help you with everyting. You can reach everything by bus or van from there. And on the other side of the road is Cauchos a very good restaurant for brazilfood.

the staff is very nice and friendly. but the location is not so good. if you want to enjoy the beach in Rio, don't suggest you choose this hotel. the transportation is not easy. And the facility has to been improved if based on this price.

• 27th Apr 2013
  • China

Very clean hostel, lots of space. Great facilities especially if you are doing any treks, its ver easy to store your luggage or organise transport. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• 6th Apr 2013

Casa 579 is a gem. You can feel like you are at home there, in the lounge, on the terrace.... When I first arrived I thought I was far away from everything, but it is a short and convenient bus ride down the hill to the action....and, it is actually quite nice to have a sweet retreat on the hill to get away from the bustle of the city. Oh yeah, and those pictures with the view....they're real. :) The staff are amazing!

• 5th Apr 2013

Dislike - Short on bathrooms, kitchen didn't seem like a welcoming place to cook a meal Like - Great staff, great view, best breakfast in Brazil

We stayed 10 days at Casa 579 then went back for another weekend at the end of March, originally planning to stay only 2 days. Needless to say, we LOVED it. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, breakfast was the BEST we had in our 3 month trek through South America. It is located high above Santa Teresa with marvelous views of Jesu Cristo and Sugarloaf, but takes 20-30 minutes to get to the beach and center. Very easy transportation via the favela vans that stop right outside the hostel.

A very good hostel in Rio de Janeiro with an amazing view from the rooftopterrace, a very good breakfast and a decent location for public transport from Santa Teresa. mini-vans pass the hostel which bring you to the metro, so no taxi is needed in Rio during the day, only at night.

We only stayed here 2 nights as the hostel was full :( but we definitely would've stayed longer. The staff are very helpful, the breakfast is great and the view/terrace is awesome. Only a couple of things, the mattress in my bed was rather thin and the bed made a lot of noise! Also there was only one bathroom between 2 dorms...although I never really had to wait.

Adorable little hostel with an incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Safe, residential location, but be aware that getting to Corcovado, Sugar Loaf, and the beaches can be a bit of a challenge. Wonderful views from the balcony. Rooms were very clean. Overall had a great stay and would recommend!

The staff was great, and quite helpful. Being Americans, it was nice to have a staff that was a mix of Americans and British, and who could direct us, in English, to the various hot spots around town, and provide a map. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast was very good.

• 18th Mar 2013

This "hostel" or better coined "mansion" was an extremely pleasant stay. Great breakfast, live-in staff that are happy to help, and great view. Stay here.

I'll come back to Casa 579 most of times I'll comeback to Rio!

• 17th Mar 2013

What an amazing hostel! I immediately felt like I'd come home - the staff were incredible and so welcoming and gave the best introduction to a hostel I've ever had. The breakfast was great the dorms maybe could've done with an extra fan but that would be the only thing I'd change. Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone, although I'm not sure any hostel will ever compare! There's a daily board with suggestions of what to do on that day. You can bring your own booze or buy it there.

Pros: the view is great, staff friendly, living room spacious and comfy, kitchen good. Cons: dorms have noisy fans which aren't effective enough and mattresses aren't firm anymore (too worn). There wasn't much social vibe amongst the travellers when I was there (for Saturday night quite boring).

One of the best hostels we've stayed at!! Staff are wonderful, friendly and happy to help you with anything. Everything works, one (mid-)night the toilet clogged, and it was fixed before we woke up in the morning. Breakfast is AMAZING. Wifi reaches everywhere. Superclean- they even make your bed in the dorms every day..! We were only planning to stay two nights and have so far been here over a week with more to come. Easy to get to the beach, beautiful view. LOVE IT.

Great staff, cool views, not extremely easy to get to.

great hostel. very friendly and helpful staff, a great view from the roof, very good breakfast, clean rooms and showers, nice atmosphere, they really make you feel at home. i will be back! :)

Very helpful staff and we felt home from the first minute. Thanks for the nice stay. We look forward to see you soon again.

• 26th Feb 2013

Wonderful breakfast !!!! Wonderful common room ) Wonderful view! Love the great hostel

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts