Casa 579 Reviews

Rua Doutor Julio Otoni 579, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Beautiful view, very good breakfast, and friendly staff. If you want to go somewhere you have to take a bus/taxi since there is nothing at walking distance.

really good hostel, graet service from the poeple who works their, the workers speaks english very good. cool thing - in the morning you can see monkeys up of your head!

Lovely sanctum in the Santa Theresa hills. Amazing and cheap restaurant just over the road too. Good facilities and the terrace is unreal! Only limitation is you have to get a bus or taxi as the walk is quite savage but 100% worth it. The crew run the best and tightest ship here definitely go if your considering it...

Casa 579 it's a really great place to relax and enjoy your stay in Rio. An hostel with a swimming pool? Wow! Quiet, clean, friendly, great location and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone,

• 24th Jan 2014

Wonderful hostel which does also charity work in a favela. Wonderful and helpful staff and bright and joyful atmosphere. Windows and pool have a view of the Christ Redeemer and the rooftop terrace of the city and beaches. Easy to reach by bus, but at night you need a taxi. I would definitely come back :-)

pretty guesthouse on top of a hill close to the old St. Teresa neighborhood, runned by ethical passionated people. Great choice to discover Rio from a real point of view far away from the stereotypes but still soaked in the real carioca mood and soul. Would like to thank the crew for their kindness! don't miss this stay!

Absolutely amazing view! We returned to Rio for one night after staying in Copacobana our previous stay and we'll worth it. The views from the roof top terrace were fantastic, restaurant just down the way Gauchos with north city view also great.

Probably the best place we've stayed in so far in S.America. The house is lovely, the staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is great, the kitchen equiped, the lounge a great chill out space. We slept really well in single beds with fans. There's the magnificent view from the roof terrace with hammocks and the team are involved as volunteers with the Julio Ontoni favela project. It's really nice to get up into the hills from the busy and hot city and you travel with the locals too.

Casa 579 has a very friendly environment. Is located a bit far away from the main areas of Rio but it compensates with a great view of the Christ and Sugar Loaf. There is a city bus and metro with easy access. Some rooms have great views and other rooms hasn't (just in case you will book expecting a nice view from your room window).

The rooftop terrace has an amazing view over the city as a consequence it is a bit far away from Lapa and the beaches. Breakfast is very good (lot of fruit, fresh cakes and juices). Although rooftop terrace is suitable for an afternoon drink staff didn't put an effort in getting together guests. They were acting like a group of friends that was not open to guests, with the exception of Natalia, the girl who manages the hostel. She is very nice. All staff played some nice music after all.

I really limes The staff there. It was so Nice and clean. There were a Nice livingroom you could hang out in.

The breakfast is great and the staff its even better. I think we had some kind of bad luck about a couple things... expensive probably because of Rock In Rio... no internet at my building because a cable was brokken. Anyway my feeling is this place could be great if you are involved in the Julio Otoni proyect but if you are not isnt so good.

We're glad you loved our breakfast/staff. The internet was out of our control as it was a street wide problem which we tried to get fixed asap. Our prices during Rock in Rio were more expensive but in line with other places in Rio. We are involved in a community project & all guests are welcome to attend the classes our front desk team give, when those classes are on. We do apologise if this wasn't possible during your stay and for the problems you had.

Would suggest having a mini shop within the hostel selling water,shampoo, etc etc. this would be very useful given how far the nearest shops are and that this involves a bus journey.

Many thanks for your stay at Casa 579. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for your comments. Here we do sell beer, soft drinks, wine and capirinhas, we have a filtered water machine for free water, and on the corner there's a fantastic restaurant open 6 days a week. Thanks again for staying with us and safe future travels!

Excellent Hostel, Facilities and exceptional staff - very informative and helpful throughout the 3-4 days we stayed with them! thanks for making RdJ such a memorable experience! The View from the terrace of this hostel is amazing!

Really good hostel, easy with the bus to enjoy santa teresa And the center. Good atmosphere And helpful staff.

• 2nd Sep 2013

My stay there was nothing short of pleasant and enjoyable. I was impressed by the views, but even more by the professionality and niceness of all the staff. A great thanks to all of them as I had my fair share of problems during my stay in Rio but they managed to make me forget them thanks to their warmth and helpfulness. Thank you all and a great hug from Bangkok! I hope that I can get back again...and if I go to Rio I know where I want to stay! :D Abracos, Manuel Cocco

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Spain

It is a little bit hard to reach the hostel, you have to take a cab, but the view worth it and it's really quiet. There are a very nice terrace, a very good breakfast and beautiful colorful rooms. I would have stayed longer if I could !

Thank you for a beautiful stay. Shame we did not have more days to spend there.

Muito Obrigada! You are the best hosts anyone could ever ask for. Thank you!!

• 31st Jul 2013

Amazing views from this hostel, either from the roof terrace, or if you're lucky enough to get one of the two rooms that share the 1st floor balcony, from the hammocks that you'll transfer yourself to on waking up in the morning. Very friendly and helpful staff with a really great atmosphere. Great breakfasts as well, worth getting up early to get the cake while it's still warm!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7