Casa 579 Reviews

Rua Doutor Julio Otoni 579, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sad to post low score. Views from hostel are amazing. Beautiful area. I'd give the highest rank, except that taxis don't want to go there. Getting back MAJOR problem. No one knows where it is, drivers don't know the street, too far, they hate cobblestone roads. Will be lucky to get a taxi on your 5th try. TAKE PRINTED INSTRUCTIONS with you! Staff not very welcoming, some warmed up later. Front desk girl (black hair) was amazing! Hide valuables, Item stolen from room. Great local bars.

Amazing view and very helpful staff but I don't think this makes up for the poor location (a 10-15 minute bus ride) from restaurants, bars or shops. The house, rooms and bathroom are a little tired and dated and there is a shortage of bathrooms......

The views are amazing, rooms are of good size, very clean, could use more bathrooms, some staff were not very helpful

I had a great time at Casa 579. Everybody was really nice and helpfull. The view from the terrasse and dining room is amazing! It s the best hostel where I have been.

Everything great, people, place, atmosphere. I would definitely reccomend it to everybody!

I really enjoyed my staying at casa579! It is a homelike spot in unsafe rio) i felt very peacefully at casa.special thanks for all staff) and an exclusive feature - magnificent view from terasse and lounge area-like you are sitting inside the jungles on the hill

Beautiful view, very good breakfast, and friendly staff. If you want to go somewhere you have to take a bus/taxi since there is nothing at walking distance.

Muy bien organizado el hostel, su ubicacion esta perfecta para quien quiere estar en la montaña (morro), con unas vistas impresionante de todo el Rio. Le recomiendo a cualquier viajero, esta en una zona segura, tranquila, con vida de bairro, donde hay restaurante, panaderia etc,.,. El personal son muy simpaticos y prestativos. Gracias por todos de la casa 579 !! Si volvo a Rio ahi me hospedo denuevo.

Great place to stay. Beautiful views and amazing breakfast. We enjoyed our stay so much that we exteded it another 3 days.

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts