Casa Al Sur Terraza Reviews

Calle Mármoles 28, Malaga, Spain

Very nice hostel! The decorations were stunning! The nights were very hot without air conditioning :-).

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, would recommend to friends. Lovely terrace and very helpful staff.

Excellent breakfast at the amazing roof terrace, friendly staff and really nice rooms. The one and only problem: No air conditioning. As the summer in Malaga is extremly hot, this could be a real problem. ------- Wunderbares Frühstück auf der Dachterrasse, freundliches Personal, tolle Lage und wirklich hübsche Zimmer. Einziges Manko: Keine Klimaanlage. Da es in Malaga in den Sommermonaten extrem heiß wird, kann das schon ziemlich unangenehm werden.

Very good hostel, close to the city center, with nice rooftop!

It's a clean, well located hostel with a lovely terrass on the roof. The stuff is friendly and helpful. The only thing which could be improved is, that wifi can only be used in ground and first floor and not on the roof. I definitely can recommend this hostel!

Beautiful hostel. Bit far from the center but the breakfast on the roof terrace is great!

Positive: Really friendly, helpful staff, spacious room, bedside safe beside the bunks in the shared dorms - excellent. I hurt my back before my arrival and they reserved a bottom bunk on my request, excellent service. I liked the location, very close to the old town. Absolutely amazing roof-top terrace and breakfast. Negative: The back of the bathroom doors were quite dirty. A window frame was broken(102) only a problem in winter. (Experienced hostel stayer, I wasn't that bothered about these

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I would like to say that we are not happy with hostelworld, you charge us 60€ more and now you don't reply to our mail ... Please, can you check again !

• 30th Jul 2014

Noisy inside and outside, thanks to the new windows it's ok no air conditioning no paiement by credit card, only cash but a bank is neigborhood no visit of the room, and others stuffs very nice terrasse it's ok for one night 'cause not far from the city center and the train to get to the airport

Great hostel with an amazing roof top. Breakfast was very good as well and everything was clean.

It was very clean and i specially liked the big bathroom. The breakfast was also great, it was like in some hotel. The owner was very friendly and i would definetely go back. I recommend this place :)

We really liked our stay! Basic, but clean, friendly people and sweet little nice details in decoration everywhere! Best part is the rooftop terrace for breakfast (also delicious by the way) and having a last drink before going to bed :) ! Keep up the good work!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

We loved our stay at Casa Al Sur. The staff was super friendly and the rooms and shared bathrooms were cleaned every day. You can also take breakfast for 5 euros on the rooftop terrace or you can buy your own food in the supermarket (about 100m from the hostel).

Central and about 15 mins walk to beach. Good points: great price, roof terrace with fairylights and benches open all night. No staff at night so you can roam to reception or terrace as you please. Cooking oils and coffee machine free. Cheap supermarket opposite, bank for atm next door, city bikes to rent at top of street, near bridge so halfway between centre and seaside. Downside there are mosquitos in room so left very bitten and no lift. Also you need to use your key to leave the hostel.

The hostel is really nice. We stayed for two nights and everything was just fine, The stuff is really helpful, although they stay in the hostel only during certain hours. The terrace is surely the pearl of the hotel.

The only thing I would recomend to imprube, are the instructions to arrive the place. I received intrucctions by e-mail, that is nice from your side but maybe you can be more clear, is not easy arrive there walking. BR Rebeca

This cosy hostel is perfect for teenagers but keep away if you like resting at night: walls are very thin and the customers are very young. If your room is at the third floor, prepare yourself to hear the staff preparing the roof for breakfast since 4am! Special thank to the morning staff guy that, when i asked for a room change, made me wait in front of him like a fool, wiithout answering, while he was minding his own business on his pc. Still waiting for his answer...

Hola! We are not a loud hostel, our place is kept very quiet, we have guests from all ages. We start preparing breakfast at 07:00 in the morning on the terrace and usually there is no sound reaching the rooms. We try to provide the best service we can and we are sorry if you were not happy.

I absolutely loved the atmosphere! It was such a charming place! And it was very clean. The staff were also great. The only thing I would have to say is a lack of washrooms and showers. But besides that I absolutely recommend the place.

The hostel was spotless, comfortable and well-equipped, with a lovely roof-top terrace. It's located in a good area, and just a 10 minute stroll to a wealth of cafes, bars, restaurants, museums, shops and plazas....handy for the beach too. I'd definitely go back there.

• 9th May 2014
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Although the bathroom is shared, it is very clean. The staff is very helpful. Many Chinese supermarkets on the way to the old city which are opened also late at night and also on Sunday and holidays. Wifi only in the lobby.