Casa Al Sur Terraza

Fabulous 375 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 375 Total Reviews

7th Jul 2017

Wonderful hostel. Location is pretty good. It is a bit out of the main area but that probably was better and really maybe was only a 10 min walk to the main streets. The terrace is stunning and they have tapas there on the weekend. I really loved this hostel. It would have been perfect if the beds weren't creaky. Every movement you make is super loud. This hostel also could have a great social vibe but there weren't many people there that wanted to socialize. Probably just luck of the draw.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Jun 2017
3.7

This hostel was not great, receptionist was kind of rude on arrival, room was extremely hot and only a small fan, cockroaches everywhere and not as nice as the pictures would suggest. Receptionist gave us the wrong key and we ended up walking into someone's room whilst they were asleep, poor girl jumped out of her skin. Bathroom was nice though. And a nice fridge with cheap wine and beer in which is always a plus. Bit of a rough neighbourhood. Not worth the £45 we paid.

• USA, Female, 31-40
16th Jun 2017

Overall I had a good experience here. I really enjoyed the 5 euro buffet breakfast on the rooftop. I also liked that the bathroom was individual. It was outside the room, but nearby and had a lock so you could have some privacy. Friendly staff. A more powerful fan would've been nice because there isn't AC and the room was hot. My biggest complain was the noise from the street which kept me up, it's possible that the noise wouldn't be as bad depending on the location of your room.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Jun 2017
6.0

Not a great place. My room was stuffy and covered in bugs.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

The staff was very nice, friendly, and helpful. The location was a short walk to the city center and a little more to the beach, but very doable. The room was nice but they did not make the bed as I thought they would after our first night. Overall a good place to stay that is not right in town.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
30th May 2017

Amazing place! The terrace is wonderful and everything is very modern and fresh.

15th May 2017

Very nice hostel. The only negativ thing is the opening hours of the reception. I arrived in Malaga at 9 am and had to wait until 11 am to be able to leave my backpack. The hostel send a e/mail before arrivel about their opening hours so that's good, but still a bit anoying.

• USA, Female, 41+
3rd May 2017
8.0

This was a clean safe place to sleep and I enjoyed the terrace breakfast. PLEASE update directions from the train station: include which street to exit onto after getting off the C1 renfe, there are several choices. Also how to proceed at Night! The current directions say to look up to the mountains, which you CAN NOT See at Night! It was stressful and disorienting to arrive at night with the limited directions given. When I told the front desk this, they responded with no undetstanding.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2017
8.0

Very nice hostel in Malaga centre (Calle Marmoles is nothing special itself, but the nicest part of the city is very close). We really appreciated the terrace and our double room, which was clean, with a spacious bathroom. Wi-fi was not working properly, and the receptionist we met looked not interested in giving suggestions on places to visit and eat. I worked as a receptionist in a hostel myself, and this is not what you would expect from someone working in such an environment.

22nd Apr 2017

The location is not in the downtown area (you have to cross the bridge to center of town). But it's relatively close so that wasn't a problem for me! Metal lockers stacked vertically make it a little harder to store things in an organized way; you can't spread out in the locker. Pretty chill and small place, it had a calm and happy vibe that worked for me.