Casa Al Tronco Reviews

Topater 57, Sucre, Bolivia

Beautiful home of Ebo and his wife Tania. They were very accommodating and shared lots of information about the culture and history of Bolivia. Great spot for a couple looking for a place to rest and take in the amazing views across Sucre. No breakfast included but great kitchen with a terrace for communal use. Not the place to go to meet others as it's not your usual hostel with communal areas, dorms etc. A little walk uphill from the centre, but can also hop on a bus for 1.50Bs. Great views!

Everything was wonderful! The view was great from upstairs off the kitchen. The hosts were friendly and helpful. We absolutely would recommend it to other travellers. I rated the location as excellent due to the view. There certainly is some walking to do but that of course is good for us. There was WIFI provided which was nice to have and if there is anything Ebo may want to look into is having additional routers so that the WIFI is more consistent. Other than that all was great.

• 16th Mar 2014

What a beautiful place to stay in the heart of Recoleta (20min walk from city centre). If you want a bit of luxury during your travels, spend time in the abode of Tania & Ebo. Recommended to us by good friends of ours, this place didn't disappoint. We have since recommended this place to others. Our private room with ensuite was spacious, clean, intricately decorated and had a postcard view of Sucre. Their Sucre region guide is extremely detailed. Minor note that wifi was patchy (but we knew)

a long walk from central, view is awesome, as well as the owner.

I loved my stay at Casa al Tronco! This was the cleanest and best decorated place I've stayed in all of my South American travels. The ambience was so peaceful and every detail of the place had been carefully thought out. Tania and Ebo were knowledgeable, helpful and genuinely sweet. I highly recommend this place! It was outside the center of town, but an easy walk down and cheap ride up if I didn't want to walk.

• 9th Nov 2013

A sanctuary in Sucre.This has to be the nicest place that I have stayed in south america.After a hectic few weeks of travelling it was a great spot to chill out. Amazing views over city,friendly owners and great facilities such as large kitchen and living room with large selection of dvds.Beautifully decorated with lovely touches such as bathrobes and slippers for guests!

View all Sucre Bed and Breakfasts