Casa Annasr Reviews

Av.Maghreb Arabi. Hay Chorafa, Gare Routiere, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

I had money stolen from my pack when it was locked in my room! I know it was in the room and not in town. I separated my currency and left US dollars and euros in my pack, locked in my private room, and this money is gone! I emailed, got no response. Room was comfortable and clean. For a hot shower put the hot water heater on about an hour ahead and expect to take about a 5 minute shower before the water goes cold. You will get your exercise staying here walking up many hills to the town.

The owner and his son were SO helpful and very warm, making sure we had everything we needed for our stay. We loved talking with them! Breakfast was excellent, room was huge and comfortable bed, facilities were very clean. Right next to the bus stop so no walking up the hill with luggage which was a plus. Only negatives - no hot water for 2 of our 4 days, wifi was intermittent though we were allowed to use the staff computer and there was construction across the street so it was loud sometimes.

It is an okay place and the staff are very nice. I really liked that it was very close to the bus station, but the 10 minute walk to the medina may be annoying for some. But it meant the area was quite and not stressy. The rooftop had great views of the sun setting over the surrounding mountains.

Amazing place to stay. Staff and facilities couldnt have been better! The rooms are cozy and quiet wth everything you could possibly need. Only a short walk to downtown or a one euro taxi ride. Staff was extremely accomodating, serving tea upon arrival and helping us book trabsport for the rest of our trip. I would definitely reccomend staying here.

This is an excellent hotel right next to the bus station. It means a 15 minute walk to the town but for us it was ideal since we arrived late and only had to walk a short distance, spend the night, leave the luggage, then come back the next day, pick up our luggage and leave. It is clean, the owner is lovely, we got free tea and a really good breakfast. Since it was not busy, we were also given a suite instead of a normal room at no extra cost. Can really recommend this place.

The owner was really kind and helpful.It was clean and quiet.

This is a really amazing place to stay, I would definitely come back here! The family who run the place are wonderful and will do anything they can to make your stay perfect. We were greeted with mint tea and complimentary couscous for lunch and our rooms were fabulous! It's a completely up hill walk to the medina but a taxi is only one euro and totally worth it to stay here. The staff even did their best to help us with our bus troubles, they were really brilliant!

With the exception of the uphill walk this hostel is exceptional. The owners were very friendly. The day I got there I had no money, and they let me pay much later, and even loaned me some money so I could go and get groceries. On top of that, he had his son show me to the nearest store. Great place to stay, the rooms are nicer than any we have been to before. Kitchen, Living Room, Patio, 2 bdrms, the place was more of a suite than a hostel.

• 25th Jun 2011

The location is great because it is right next door to the bus station where you arrive. Note you do have to walk up a reasonably steep hill to get the city centre. Very comfortable rooms. Had to pay 40 dirham in addition for a pretty average breakfast and every time we wanted a roll of toilet paper we had to ask for one. But the staff were friendly and we were happy to be located right by the bus station, especially when the only bus out of Chefchaouen to Casablanca is at 7am!

Its right at the bottom of the hill - about as far away from everything as you can possibly get...but it is quiet for this reason. The staff will drive you to the medina for free if you ask. Main trouble is nothing works good. AC stuck on 27, internet keeps dropping out, Power outages, low water pressure etc. BTW HW - the address and phone number is WRONG, way wrong on the website. If you come here tell the cab driver - BUS STATION its the only one, and the CA is right across the road,

• 14th Jun 2011

hostel is really pretty & it's super close to the bus station. Don't be disceived -- it's literally a block away from the Gare Routiere .

Beds were comfy. Ideal for couples and families.

Really friendly staff and good rooms. Also great location for the bus station and a short walk from the town.

View all Chefchaouen Bed and Breakfasts