Casa Azul Hostel Reviews

Rua General Lima e Silva, 912, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Overall it's a good hostel....though it requires urgent maintenance...The bathroom sucks! They're minor things that could be resolved quickly if they really had the interest to do it. The internet also sucks!...you can't get online anywhere in the building....Again, something that could be resolved with hardly any effort or money.

In general it is a good hostel with nice and helpfull staff. But it has no real common area and it is more a party hostel. The hostel includes a public bar.

As we arrived at the hostel, our booking didn't appear on the system and they told us they didn't have place for us. After we complained seriously, they "found" us two beds. Worst breakfast ever. Two bread slides, a couple of apples and some cheese... Very warm and humid. Wouldn't sleep there again.

My time there was really nice. Great location and cleaness. I do recommend Casa Azul Hostel!

It's a perfect hostel. Great location, bedrooms and bathrooms really good. Besides, the pub is full of nice people.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • jeanalois86

Pros: -good location in Cidade Baixa (go to the Dirty Old Man next door!!!) -pretty clean, the cleaning lady is working all the time -the bar gets busy at night and there are plenty of people to meet Cons: -Breakfast is very average, just stale bread, cheese, and some jam/butter. -Some of the bathroom stall doors don't close. Girls bathroom smells bad. -One of the staff members refused to turn on the air conditioning in our room (the others didn't give me a problem, though)

This hostel was nice, the staff friendly and the bar downstairs very cool. They don't lie when they say this hostel is well known... When I spoke to locals and they asked where I was staying, and I said a hostel, they automatically asked "CasaAzul?" When I was there it was rather quiet and very hot! But the rooms are rather cosy and bed comfortable, and there is a nice kitchen and shared area upstairs.

The hostel has an excellent location, there are some nice parties. But also there are some points we did not like. The air conditioned should be turned on at 8:30PM but in 4 days we stayed there just one day it was turned on in time wihtout we go to reception and complain about, also the breakfast should be served on 8AM and it was not after a night of party.. The staff is average because part of them are really nice and helpfull BUT the others just does not care about you.

It's a great hostel in an excellent location...The staff are very nice and helpful and definitely it's my favorite hostel in Porto Alegre.

View all Porto Alegre Hostels