Casa Azul Hostel Reviews

Rua General Lima e Silva, 912, Porto Alegre, Brazil

By far the best hostel we stayed at in Brazil. Breakfast every morning was some of the best I've had. Highly recommend this hostel. Fantastic staff, fantastic place and unbeatable location.

• Sweden

Awesome hostel. Best bar you could imagine. Awesome people who work there always up for a good time and have got good tips on things to do. great facilities and location is perfect! One of the best hostels I´ve stayed in.

• Sweden

If you like party hostels this hostel is great. The staff is very friendly and helpfull, it felt like home. Awesome staff and awesome location. Very clean hostel. I Would definatly come back to this hostel.

• Mexico

Very good atmosphere staff are really nice! Met a lot of good people and was a good stay. Perfect location and a great breakfast in the morning.

• Mexico

Staff were very helpful and spoke English, which was great as I spoke no Portuguese. There is a bar downstairs that is open to locals, so great way to meet people, but it can get a little loud at night. But if you're staying in hostels and not packing ear plugs, then it's your own fault if it keeps you up. Location is good on a great strip of bars and restaurants and close to the local park.

We had a great time, the staff were super friendly and helpful, in a great location next to the place you'd want to go, I'd def stay there again

• 10th Jun 2014

Had a great time at Casa Azul. The staff let me eat breakfast the morning I arrived super early form the airport even though I wasn't entitled til next day. On that breakfast was one of the best I've had!! Cheese toasties, integral bread, ham, fruits, coffee, cake etc. so good. Staff are super helpful and friendly plus they speak English which is so helpful as I know no Portuguese! Hostel is on a great street near cool bars, restaurants, a big supermarket and the big park.

Nice staff, friendly people, good location. Highly recommended.

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Excellent bar that gets very busy at night but their's a roof terrace open only to guests to escape the crowds. Comfy beds. Wifi ok. Kitchen was average but they were renovating. Only issue was breakfast as they didn't bother to keep it stocked so there's nothing left by 930 and it's only until 10. Easy to fix. Very good stay here

The night clerk didn't want to consider the hostelworld receipt and alleged that US$1 was worth only R$1. I convinced her to pay the next day and the other clerk did everything right, charging what was printed as the due value on the receipt. The living room/kitchen and the men's bathroom were a mess, demanding a thorough cleaning. Besides that, the bar and location are excellent.

Why is it so dark in the bar? Haha besides that, everything was great. The location is the best!

We did not stayed there because this site messed up our reservation

15 min to walk to city centre, in an area with restaurants and big supermarket. Staff could have been more friendly, didn't speak english that well (we had just arrived& hardly spoke portugues). Roof terrace was fine, kitchen& bathroom were okay, lady's bathroom misses a better ventilation in my opinion. We had a double room (a bit dark, like the lounge), with air condition& fan, quite loud in the first night because it points to the courtyard. A grid against mosquitoes would have been great.

The staff is very kind and will help you in what you need. Very cool atmosphere and an amazin breakfast.

Overall it's a good hostel....though it requires urgent maintenance...The bathroom sucks! They're minor things that could be resolved quickly if they really had the interest to do it. The internet also sucks!...you can't get online anywhere in the building....Again, something that could be resolved with hardly any effort or money.

In general it is a good hostel with nice and helpfull staff. But it has no real common area and it is more a party hostel. The hostel includes a public bar.

As we arrived at the hostel, our booking didn't appear on the system and they told us they didn't have place for us. After we complained seriously, they "found" us two beds. Worst breakfast ever. Two bread slides, a couple of apples and some cheese... Very warm and humid. Wouldn't sleep there again.

My time there was really nice. Great location and cleaness. I do recommend Casa Azul Hostel!

It's a perfect hostel. Great location, bedrooms and bathrooms really good. Besides, the pub is full of nice people.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • jeanalois86

Pros: -good location in Cidade Baixa (go to the Dirty Old Man next door!!!) -pretty clean, the cleaning lady is working all the time -the bar gets busy at night and there are plenty of people to meet Cons: -Breakfast is very average, just stale bread, cheese, and some jam/butter. -Some of the bathroom stall doors don't close. Girls bathroom smells bad. -One of the staff members refused to turn on the air conditioning in our room (the others didn't give me a problem, though)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4