Casa Azul Hostel Reviews

Rua General Lima e Silva, 912, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Why is it so dark in the bar? Haha besides that, everything was great. The location is the best!

We did not stayed there because this site messed up our reservation

• 18th Apr 2014

Overall it's a good hostel....though it requires urgent maintenance...The bathroom sucks! They're minor things that could be resolved quickly if they really had the interest to do it. The internet also sucks!...you can't get online anywhere in the building....Again, something that could be resolved with hardly any effort or money.

In general it is a good hostel with nice and helpfull staff. But it has no real common area and it is more a party hostel. The hostel includes a public bar.

As we arrived at the hostel, our booking didn't appear on the system and they told us they didn't have place for us. After we complained seriously, they "found" us two beds. Worst breakfast ever. Two bread slides, a couple of apples and some cheese... Very warm and humid. Wouldn't sleep there again.

My time there was really nice. Great location and cleaness. I do recommend Casa Azul Hostel!

It's a perfect hostel. Great location, bedrooms and bathrooms really good. Besides, the pub is full of nice people.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • jeanalois86

Pros: -good location in Cidade Baixa (go to the Dirty Old Man next door!!!) -pretty clean, the cleaning lady is working all the time -the bar gets busy at night and there are plenty of people to meet Cons: -Breakfast is very average, just stale bread, cheese, and some jam/butter. -Some of the bathroom stall doors don't close. Girls bathroom smells bad. -One of the staff members refused to turn on the air conditioning in our room (the others didn't give me a problem, though)

This hostel was nice, the staff friendly and the bar downstairs very cool. They don't lie when they say this hostel is well known... When I spoke to locals and they asked where I was staying, and I said a hostel, they automatically asked "CasaAzul?" When I was there it was rather quiet and very hot! But the rooms are rather cosy and bed comfortable, and there is a nice kitchen and shared area upstairs.

The hostel has an excellent location, there are some nice parties. But also there are some points we did not like. The air conditioned should be turned on at 8:30PM but in 4 days we stayed there just one day it was turned on in time wihtout we go to reception and complain about, also the breakfast should be served on 8AM and it was not after a night of party.. The staff is average because part of them are really nice and helpfull BUT the others just does not care about you.

It's a great hostel in an excellent location...The staff are very nice and helpful and definitely it's my favorite hostel in Porto Alegre.

The room is very small and dusty and the bunkbed is too small for sitting. The bathrooms should be renovated and cleaned more often. The bar at the hostel is great and the location is perfect because is it in a region with many bars and restaurants and next to the city center.

So many problems when is raining. Hope go back some day but without these troubles. If they still exist, I will not come back there, never.

If cleanliness, security and comfort are important to you I wouldn't suggest staying here. The kitchen and bathrooms were filthy the whole time i was there, ceilings leaking from rain all over place. Dorm rooms don't have locks and as staff seem to forget to give out wrist bands at check in, anybody from the public bar can gain access when busy.very noisy until 2am. Not quite worst hostel but not far off....

Great hostel in a coo location. I rated poor for staff as i simply never saw them and the hostel and bar seem totally separate. The hostel's atmosphere is good as there is a large communal area on the roof. If i came to PoA again I'd check this place out again.

The bar in the hostel is openned to the public and we could barely sleep before 3 a.m.! The staff in the hostel is all for the bar and you could'nt get any information of them after 9 p.m. in Frydays, we have no preference in anything (to eat, I had to go outside!). We have no much space to see/talk to others travellers. In the end: I think thar they must decide to keep the bar or the hostel.

I had a great time in Casa Azul Hostel. The hostel is in a perfect location, near to everything I needed. The rooms was clean and comfortable. I recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 14th Jun 2013

Me and my friend had an amazing time there. We had to stop somewhere in between Uruguay and Florianópolis and decided to go to Porto Alegre even though we weren't very sure we don't regret it at all! Staff recommended us to go to some cool alternative parties, apparently that's a big thing in porto alegre, there are a lot of underground places to go. The hostel is very sweet, it's small so they give you a lot of attention. Bar downstairs is great.

• Russia

The place is very nice, I liked the bar downstairs. Localization couldn't be better if you're looking to go out and have a few drinks. Common area was cool, met some nice people there to hang out with. Alcohol at the bar was cheap and the food was really good, it was just a lil bit crowded at the weekends but that's a good thing if you're looking for fun right?

• Russia

It's more like a bar with beds rather than a hostel with a bar.

• 8th Jun 2013