Casa Babylon Backpackers Reviews

C/Pedro de Quejana, 3, Malaga, Spain

I loved my stay here! It has such a chill hippie vibe and is a place to definitely hang out. Best hostel environment I've been in. The only downside is sharing one bathroom between a lot of people.

Good location. Free breakfast. But you can't be in the room close the kitchen or you can't sleep. Too many noises. The shower was cold many times.

• 30th Sep 2014

This place feels like home. All the staff are super friendly and inviting.

The host is very cheerful and helpful.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

VERY loud at night in the dorm directly next to the terrace. The walls are very thin, which meant I also heard and understood an entire skype conversation in the next room. I didn't particularly enjoy my stay because of this, but if you're looking to party no doubt this hostel is great.

No cooling systems what so ever in this facility, ie no airconditioning or fans, which where completely needed as the rooms were small and cramped with people, making them extremely hot. The staff weren't particularly helpful and seemed to keep to themselves, not interested in chatting or givinguch advise on the area or activities. No organised activities available be. The directions to the hostel where completely useless, very vague. Like a big quite house with not much happening.

We were very happy to stay at Casa Babylon. The friendly atmosphere makes you feel welcome and safe. Salvi makes a great BBQ and Marina is very helpful with practical questions about both the place and the city. Best wishes from Denmark.

Stay at this hostel! It's beautiful. Very close to the center as well.

nice chilled out hostel, stayed there for 1 night met some really cool people. no problems with the hostel at all...

The hostel was good ! Nice atmosphere ! The only thing was the sheets a little bit oily ..

The only problem is that the hostel is up hill so if you bring a big suitcase or backpack it could be a little problematic, but everything else was ok. Really good atmosphere, I recommend this hostel.

Stayed here one night with my husband on an 'emergency' stop over, so this was really just a place to crash and try to get some sleep. No air conditioning, and since our windows faced into the courtyard which stayed pretty loud till midnight, the guy at the front gave us a giant fan to keep cool. Thanks!! Seemed like people were leaving their personal toiletries/towels around in the bathroom, didn't give the bathroom a clean feel. Other than that no complaints! Awesome common area and cafe/bar!

• 27th Jul 2014

The hostel had everything one would need for a good stay in Malaga. The staff helped out wherever they could even though not all of them could speak English and I really appreciated that. It is also within walking distance of the Alcazaba and beaches (around 30 mins)

highly recommend it! such a beautiful hostel, great facilities, feels really secure and the location is very good. we had no complaints!

This is the best hostel, where I ever been! :) Thanks for everything

The staff is pleasent and the restaurant serves delicious food. Also you can rent bikes from the hostel. I just think that it wasnt very clean, the bed sheets didnt smell good and they didnt seem to clean the room at all.

The stay at Babylon with my family was very enjoyable. Good atmosphere, nice people and a very good price/quality ratio. The only minus point was the rat i saw slip early in the morning from the kitchen. I have only told my family When we were at home.

This is a great hostel. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm. the breakfast was good,. Good bar and food in the evening. Walking distance to beach. Good hostel to chill out. Good selection of beers in the bar. Easy to meet people.

The common areas for this hostel were pretty cool & had good atmosphere, but the four-person dorm was awful. Very stuffy and HOT! Definitely not enough room for four people to fit comfortably with all their stuff. Also the bathroom had a second door out onto the patio, so strangers would occasionally peak their heads in. The location was decent; I could walk everywhere I wanted. I also took a nice little nap on the hammocks outside and the kitchen was nice, but otherwise I was not impressed.

Not very clean, empty bottles pile up next to the bar all week. No dormroom locks, open to all. Most rooms have a bathroom. Small, flimsy lockers. Wifi is good, but drops out sometimes. Kitchen is good, has an oven. Need more fridge space. Hostel dinners are tastey, but no value for money. You get a single plate with no drink or additional course €8. If you choose to cook, have to wait until after the hostel dinner is cooked. Lots of locals take up the facilities of the hostel (friends of staff)