Casa Babylon Backpackers Reviews

C/Pedro de Quejana, 3, Malaga, Spain

Lovely hostel, excellent vibe and good facilities. Lots of hammocks and sofas to chill out on and a great outside bar area. There was no air con in the dorm I stayed in which was a bit of a struggle in the middle of August when it was 30 degreees at night. Also during my stay there was no hot water, which the staff failed to mention when checking in. Only a twenty min walk to the centre of malaga. Its a good hostel if you are looking to chill out. I would recommend staying here.

A very good house to stay and to meet people in Malaga, with a nice yard and staff. If I go again to Malaga I will definetly stay at Casa Babylon.

The location of his hostel is a good 20 mins walk towards the old town and a further 15 to the beach. It's a struggle to find and it's not exactly easy for backpackers to get to with bags. The 'craft beers' were ok, although, they had little other option if you didn't want to spend 5 euros on a beer. The rooms were suffocating and the fan provided was pretty inadequate for the small room stuffed with 6 beds. I found that the atmosphere was low key even a little apathetic.

Nice, relaxed atmosphere with terrace and fresh dinner cooked in the evening. Still a couple of things you could be annoyed about, as the fact that you rarely get warm water in the shower (it's either hot or cold) or that thr ventilator just disappeared out of the room one night so it was very hot. Very nice kitchen and also the bike rental was cool.

A lot of nice, open people. The food is good, but a little expensive. It's easy to get to know new people.

• 26th Jul 2015

Very well located, staff super nice and fantastic breakfast

Location isn't the best, but it is a quiet neighborhood. The hostel doesn't have air conditioning either. That being said, it's an awesome place to stay and a great value.

Amazing hostel!!! I need to come back soon!!!

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Portugal

Me and my boyfriend had an amazing stay at the hostel. The staff were gorgeous, the atmosphere was fabulous, location and value for money was brilliant. We'd highly recomend this hostel to everyone. We are a travelling couple and we met so many wonderful friends through staying here.

• 1st Jun 2015

enjoyed my stay could of been more of a choice for breakfast Leo

Hostel receptionists didn't speak English as well as I'm used to a hostel, which was completely fine. They didn't have current information on bus schedules. Hostel is difficult to find. No lockers for luggage. Beautiful outdoor patio and really cute place altogether. Even though the receptionist turned on the overhead lights at 2am to point out my friends (not my idea), no one really seemed bothered. Overall, good place to stay and break away from the typical corporate hostels.

The hostel made a good "home base" for holding my things in between little excursions to the castillo or playa, but I felt like I was in someone's house more than in a hostel. Breakfast was basically just a bag of bread and some jelly left out with some prepackaged muffins that I later saw for ~1 Euro/50 muffins at the Dia down the street. There was one bathroom for several rooms, but it didn't get too inconvenient. All in all, the staff was friendly and I felt safe there.

Easily the BEST hostel I've stayed at! So laid back and friendly!

Liked the atmosphere and the surrounding area. The host was very helpful

Very nice hostel with helpful and relaxed staff, nice and clean rooms. The living room and "chill area" are really nice to hang around. Breakfast included is a little bit poor, but you won't be hungry. I really recommend the place!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Nice Place with gentel Serving Crew

Perfect for me,recommended warm!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Hungary
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks Mattias for your very friendly personal service.