Casa Babylon Backpackers Reviews

C/Pedro de Quejana, 3, Malaga, Spain

Hostel receptionists didn't speak English as well as I'm used to a hostel, which was completely fine. They didn't have current information on bus schedules. Hostel is difficult to find. No lockers for luggage. Beautiful outdoor patio and really cute place altogether. Even though the receptionist turned on the overhead lights at 2am to point out my friends (not my idea), no one really seemed bothered. Overall, good place to stay and break away from the typical corporate hostels.

The hostel made a good "home base" for holding my things in between little excursions to the castillo or playa, but I felt like I was in someone's house more than in a hostel. Breakfast was basically just a bag of bread and some jelly left out with some prepackaged muffins that I later saw for ~1 Euro/50 muffins at the Dia down the street. There was one bathroom for several rooms, but it didn't get too inconvenient. All in all, the staff was friendly and I felt safe there.

Easily the BEST hostel I've stayed at! So laid back and friendly!

Liked the atmosphere and the surrounding area. The host was very helpful

Very nice hostel with helpful and relaxed staff, nice and clean rooms. The living room and "chill area" are really nice to hang around. Breakfast included is a little bit poor, but you won't be hungry. I really recommend the place!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Nice Place with gentel Serving Crew

Perfect for me,recommended warm!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Hungary
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks Mattias for your very friendly personal service.

I have only GOOD things to say about Casa Babylon and Mathias, the owner of the hostel. From the moment you step into the hostel you are being welcomed with a nice, warm and open atmosphere. The hostel is super charming and decorated beautifully with colorful paintings and cosy furnitures which make you feel at home. Also a big thanks to Liliana who was working at the hostel and to all the other guests that made the stay really nice.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

As others have noted, very nice atmosphere in this hostel. It was very cold at night, If you want a good sleep, I would advise against the cheap dorm, that is beside kitchen, & the outside patio, where people gather to talk & where music is played. Also, in that room, the mattresses seemed a bit soft

It had the feeling of being a guest in someones house there rather then a hostel. It was clean and it had a great living room, but it was pretty cold in the winter inside.

Very warm welcome. Accomodating and very friendly. Would be happy to recommend.

• 24th Dec 2014

We only stayed for one night but we really liked it. There was a slight smell of stale smoke upon entering the bedroom but everything was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. We really liked the house and the ambience of the hostal.

I stayed off season so the hostel was nice and quiet. Staff were very helpful and friendly. There was a well equipped kitchen. While the bedrooms themselves are nothing special (though beds are comfortable) the communal areas are beautiful and relaxing and there's a choice of a lounge, roof terrace or outdoor bar / picnic table area. I'm not sure how the location is as I just stayed one night and headed onward to Monda. The train and bus combo to reach it from airport was fine

• 3rd Dec 2014

Home,warm atmosphere,comfortable bar in the open at the back of hostel. Nice,helpful staff. I've taken positive memories with me,and not only. There is a fireplace in the living room and my neighbour-passenger on a plane,must to know that too ;-) I'll visit Spain again,if Malaga, Casababylon for sure.

I had a very good stay., i enjoyed a very good atmosphere, i really felt like at home. They treat you warmly and help you in every thing you could need. I'm delighted to have chosen that place to stay. Near the city center and near the beach, you have all you need to have a really special stay. I recommend it at all.

• 27th Nov 2014