Fabulous 165 Total Reviews
Fabulous 165 Total Reviews
Casa Barcelo Located at Calle Corsega 226, EN 1&2, , Barcelona.
Spain
Barcelona Barcelona 08036 Calle Corsega 226, EN 1&2
83% 165
41.3922157 2.1537494
    Rooms available

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
25th Nov 2016

For this price, it is a really nice place. May favorite thing was that every bed has a small lamp, connector and usb charcger! Nice thing. Some of the staff was more helpful than others, but looking at all nice average. I had an exact place to go every day, I choose this hostel because it had a good connection to that place, so for me the Location was nice, have a close 024 shop. I staid in room with 8 bed.

• USA, Male, 31-40
11th Oct 2016
6.9

shared the room with two other guys, and needless to say I didn't feel very secure. This guys started acting tough and intimidating. Another guy ask me if I wanted water while I was eating in the kitchen, but I didn't understand what he said, and he got mad at me. He started telling me if I understand English. I guess he was speaking in English, but his accent was funny to me. He got mad. Anyway a lot going on here I don't want to get into. The hostel staff is really nice and helpful.

11th Oct 2016

Solid hostel. They have a terrace which is really nice, but no one was hanging out at the hostel. Wifi was good in the afternoon but slow in the morning. Strong signal everywhere though. A few good places to eat and such nearby, but a bit of a hike to the Gothic quarter.

28th Sep 2016

The staff are very friendly and the security is very good. Two locks for your locker is a plus, 5the beds are bery comfortable with AC in each room. The kitchen is great but there is no stove, pasta etc cant be made here, id still suggest finding tapas around the neighborhood even if youre budgeting. Great location to everything.

15th Sep 2016

Very Nice crew.. Humans, flexible.. Small place but confortable. Easy to meet people!

11th Sep 2016

Very good hostel, I stayed twice! The crew is nice, multilingual, very comfty beds, in big room.. A small terrace for the cigarette a meet a new face.

• England, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2016

Great little hostel in fab area of the city- 25 mins to catalunya or 5 mins to underground then one stop to Las Ramblas. Very simple kitchen and cosy living area and the staff were so so lovely and helpful. The hostel is very secure with keys to outside, your dorm door and locker. They have to close up outside by 9ish to be nice to the neighbours so this isn't a party hostel,but it was perfect for a few days in the city and cheap too:)

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
6.6

The hostel was an okay hostel & the staff were good too but there were some hidden costs that i wasn't made aware of untill arriving at the hostel. And at that time it was too late as they had already taken the extra money out of my account. Again i wasn't warned about this untill after it had happened. We had arranged to pay in cash on arrival but a big chunk was taken from my account before arrival. Also the price was advertised as £11 a night but ended up paying for over £15 a night

Hi, we are sorry that the costs weren't explained to you properly upon check-in, but the only extra cost is the Barcelona tourist tax of 0.72€ per night. If you check properly your booking confirmation, you can see it is mentioned that the price do not include the tourist tax. It's the case everywhere in Barcelona and in some other cities. In the same confirmation email you can also read that we charge 100% of the first night prior to arrival which comes in addition of the Hostelworld commission fees that they also charge you directly. In the end you have paid exactly what was stated on your booking plus the tourist tax. Sorry that no one at reception was able to explain it to you correctly. Thanks a lot for your stay and review. Casa Barcelo Team

• China, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016

Both stuff and roommates here are great

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
24th Aug 2016

We stayed at Casa Barcelo for 2 nights in one of the four bed mixed dorms and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was really great, very kind and helpful, and kept the hostel very clean. The location was excellent for us, it was easy to walk to any of the sightseeing spots. The only downside is that there was no oven or stove, but we still managed to cook our meals in the microwave.