Casa Caracol Reviews

Suaraez de Salazar 4, Cadiz, Spain

A very comfy small hostel. Nice rooftop area. They have dinners some days of the week that make you feel like being in a big family. Bike rental is perfect to explore Cadiz.

Everything was very nice and cozy, the breakfast with crepes and a lot of other stuff was great and I loved the rooms, the common area and the terrace. The only thing I think should be improved is bathrooms cleaning: three times a day is really not enough for the amount of people using it, as I found them pretty dirty almost everytime I got in one. Thanks for everything anyway I would definetely come back ;)

CC has a great vibe and central location. The facilities are good with a rooftop terrace with hammocks and an outdoor shower (yeah!!) 4 BR was spacious. Most of the staff is welcoming, but on one occasion, I waited at the front desk for 10 minutes while the attendant was on a personal call. I ended up leaving...Also we asked them to look at a fan that was not functioning and they didn't get to it in 2 days. Someone was robbed in her room while she slept...there is noT 24hr reception.

• 9th Aug 2015

A friendly and fun environment in a great location in the old part of town. Loved the rooftop terrace with hammocks, although I didn't get to try out the outdoor shower. I found staff to be friendly and receptive, although they always seem to be quite busy between answering phone calls and seeing to guests' needs. Aitor was super helpful giving me tips on where to go and what places to check out in town! Would stay here again the next time I'm in town.

Casa Caracol has a great location and plenty of organized activities (pub crawls, walking tours, surf lessons and beach outings) for guests, but my stay on Monday night didn´t give me a chance to experience any of these. They did have a family dinner, which was nice, but I just didn´t meet as many people as I thought I would. I think it was just the timing of when I was there... this seems like a great hostel, but plan your stay for a weekend when there´s more going on. The terrace is great!

Needs AC & elevators

I have stayed in many hostels and I have to say that this hostel was the worst. I really can't believe that it has a certificate of excellence. The atmosphere is really tense. Although the staff try to put on a cool and happy atmosphere you can feel that something isn't right here. They have many staff so I presume it is managed badly. I almost cried on my last day here as one staff member, Aitor was so rude to me. Some customer service skills needed here and better management.

Positive: +At the Busstation is a big sign how to get to the hostel +Very close to the shops&the historical city part. Ca10 min walking to the beach +2 plugs for every bed +very nice decorated Negative: -Staff was not really nice; some didn't seem to care about questions/problems + interrupted me when I spoke frequently (telephonecalls etc.) -BBQ was a mess!I was very hungry;should been ready at 21h; ate something at 23:20h! -All trips were cancelled -Loud&awful smelling street

• 21st Jul 2015

The Hostel is located 2-5 minutes walk from the bus/train station, which is very comfy. I didn't even notice the address, but still have found the hostel easily without a map and just walking direction old town. The hostel is in general ok, but it was not clean enough for me. Especially all the kitchen utensils and the kitchen itself were quite disgusting, so I couldn't enjoy my breakfast or dinner.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Moldova

Staff were really nice and i had a pleasant stay there! I would return

Two really awful nights' sleep - either windows open meant too noisy to sleep or windows shut meant too hot to sleep! Otherwise, great hostel.

• 15th Jul 2015

We had a great experience here and the location is perfect! Thanks for the pancakes!

The good: the hostel offered many cool activities and rentals, from day trips to cheap bike rentals. The location was good, though the Cadiz peninsula is so small that a bad location on it isn't really possible. The bad: the staff couldn't recommend any restaurants or bars besides one that they had a partnership with, and sometimes seemed distracted by hanging out with other staff members. The rooms were kind of disgusting, with sandy and sweaty beds, and linens that never seemed clean.

Brilliant Hostel, right in the town centre and near enough to the beach But the outstanding things that make this hostel special are the staff, they were great a real credit to the place. Rooms were always clean and the meals put on at nights were cheap and fantastic, as well as the day trips organised by the hostel. I had a brilliant time here and would recommend it thoroughly. Try the rooftop shower it's brilliant in the hot sunshine! and sleep in a Hammock! Amazing time thanks :)

Probably the best hostel I ever been in my life. Without Casa Caracol I wouldn't probably enjoy Cadiz that much. It doesn't have the newest structure or facilities, but the atmosphere is just the best. I don't know what makes it so cool; maybe the people, maybe the way is structured, maybe the daily breakfast and dinner or the terrace. If you go to Cadiz and don't go to Casa Caracol you're definitely missing out!

good place butt it felt like back in the 60s

Love the rooftop shower

Casa caracol is captivating, as is the city of Cadíz. I only planned on staying for one night, but ended up leaving a week later. It's the perfect spot to take a break, and soak up each blissful moment of your trip. The Caracol staff holds a vibrant dynamic, the dinners are outstanding, and the scenery never gets old. Please check out the barrier reef by the lighthouse at least once! Salud! Samantha

Great location and environment with wifi in all of the rooms! Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Good location, well marked. Lots of activities. The hostel is clearly oriented toward providing a fun city and regional experience for young visitors in a very relaxed Cádiz style. Floors were difficult to keep clean. Storage space quite adequate. Sufficient breakfast to get a day started, if limited in variety. Not sure if the rooftop terrace was space for hostel workers to sleep or public space, same with living room, but very friendly and inviting all the same.