Casa Caracol Reviews

Suaraez de Salazar 4, Cadiz, Spain

I have stayed in Casa Caracol many times, and there is a reason I always come back. The staff are always helpful and accomodating and the atmostsphere is completely chill. Big shout out to Ivan and Aitor!!!

Fun place, met a lot of good people. The dinners they have are cheap and good. Only problem was the Hungarian guy who works nights/breakfast. Rude for no reason, not considerate at all, and just plain mean. Case in point: at breakfast, he asked if anyone would like more food, and when someone answered yes please, I would like one, the worker told the guest to just say yes next time and not waste his time. The other staff members were very nice.

We had a great experience. The location was wonderful and the facilities were very helpful in making our stay comfortable. The hammocks and rooftop terrace were the perfect "cherry on top" to pass down time when you needed a break from exploring the city and beaches. The only complaint we could have is the fact that the noise curfew was not enforced well and due to of the layout of the hostel it was difficult to escape the noise while trying to fall asleep.

This hostel is fantastic - great for lone travellers (an optional communal breakfast and meal every evening) and really great facilities. The outdoor shower is amazing!

Too loud!!!!! Seemed a fishmarket from 8.30am

This hostel is great. I particularly loved that they had communal meals and breakfast which provided a really friendly feel to the hostel, plus they provided free tea and coffee :) It's in a very quirky building with high ceilings: and one of the few hostels that provided duvets instead of blankets. I would return there again. Many thanks for making me feel so welcome as a solo traveller.

The only thing we did not like was that we could not stay longer! Our stay was just perfect!

We had such a good time in Hostel Caracol, the staff was so nice and helped us with every need we had. The establishment is very beautiful and comfortable. Absolutly advisable!

The hostel is great. Beds are (in at least one room) a bit noisy though.

If you are not used to "hippie way of life" you will get an wierd experience, but i can't say that is a bad hostel because i would be lying, staff are helpfull and kind, location are great, my only really complain is about the breakfast that is very poor and only from 10 to 11

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Casa Caracol and are sorry there was a misunderstanding about the breakfast. However, we have found that an overwhelming majority of our guests have found the fresh, hot, handmade pancakes (for free) made in the morning daily to be far superior to the standard packaged bread with jam breakfast that most hostels offer. Thanks for helping us improve and we hope to see you next time!!

I had a lovely stay at Casa Caracol. The hostel staff were very friendly and helpful and organise many events to make your time there as enjoyable as possible. I did find, however, that the toilets/showers were insufficient for the number of guests and that having to mop the shower every single time after using it was a bit annoying. The price is also not very cheap but if you are looking for an authentic hostel experience in Cádiz, this is it!

Great hostel, lovely staff, really high bunks! Good living areas with free breakfast pancakes! Learnt to make paella and ate with all the guests in the hostel. Easy to find and close to everything as Cadiz is small. Would recommend to friends

such lovely staff made this stay amazing. immediately felt homey and comfortable to chat with everyone, and the dinners were delish! such a good vibe from the other guests and the staff.. gave a real chilled out atmosphere that immediately feels like family. Thanks for my ceremonious farewell dancing out the door! plus the hammoks are an awesome treat :)

This place was really nice and laid back! The vibe of the hostel was very similar to the vibe of Cadiz. I particularly enjoyed the rooftop and the pancake breakfast. Only thing I would change is that they charged 2 euros to use the locker after I checked out. This was a first for me, as normally hostels will let you put your bag behind the desk or in a storage area for free. Otherwise, the experience was great, and the location was GREAT. Old town is definitely the place to stay.

Excellent hostel. They've thought of absolutely everything. Highly recommend.

a little pricey for spain but worth it X100. Talk about a hostel you never want to leave. I was only able to stay a night but I was literally crying on leaving (I'm Male). If you solo travel or small group stay here. STAY HERE.Family style dinner at night (Thanks Southern Comfort), staff actually knows your name, they even let me borrow a foamie surfboad so I could hit the waves. Flamenco show was amazing. Pancakes for breakfast! Beds were super comfortable,plugs,Go take ashower outside upstairs

Loved my stay at Casa Caracol! Lovely people and and amazing, homey atmosphere. Would definitely return if I'm ever in Cadiz again!

amazing staff! amazing chilled atmosphere! attracted a great crowd and hammocks are a massive bonus on terrace. Location couldnt be better and it was well worth 17 euros a night! :)

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Best hostel I ever stayed in!! Thank you guys! Muy buena onda!

Great for a more intimate atmosphere rather than crazy parties but staff are still very social and happy to take you out. Rooms are clean and spacious with all amenities (power socket, lamp, shelf etc) right by your bed Free pancakes every morning for breakfast and amazing dinners cooked every night for just a few euro as well as cheap beer/wine. Situated in old town super close to the train/bus station and a 5 minute walk from the beach, market and shopping. Will be coming back here again!