Casa Caracol Reviews

Suaraez de Salazar 4, Cadiz, Spain

I can't say enough good things about this place. I planned to stay 1 night and ended up staying 4, I actually may return after Tarifa. The rooftop with hammocks where there is family bbqs and an outdoor shower is amazing. The staff are all such sweet people, who become your friends. The environment is so great to help you slow down and just enjoy everything. The breakfast was delicious muselli and fresh made crepes. I will return to caracol. A great place as a solo traveler.

The hostel has a very laid-back atmosphere and is a great place to meet other solo travellers. The dinners they offer are delicious and cheap. The hostel is centrally located, close to the train station and only a 5-minute walk to the cathedral and other major attractions of the city. The staff are friendly and helpful. The facilities were overall good, there is free Wi-Fi and PCs to use. It would be good if there was an additional bathroom as people often had to queue when the hostel is full.

Best hostel ever!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Extremely helpful staff who were easy to talk to. I particularly appreciated going to another town, coming bak via Cadiz and knowing I had somewhere to go even just to hang out for a few hours before catching my train. Ppl shared their food, I met lots of nice people

Amazing atmosphere, no words to describe it! and best hostel breakfast I´ve seen, ever!

Very nice staff and very nice bathrooms. Liked it that there were reading lights and sockets at every bed and big lockers. Nice common room and good kitchen. Only thing is that there are so many hippies, nothing against that but if you're not like that you feel a bit out of place.

Great location about 2 minutes from the bus and train station. They offer a lot including dinner and walking tours. Don't expect to sleep well though as the common area is loud til the early hours and can be heard from rooms (on the first floor at least). It could also use more bathrooms.

It's a great place to stay, close to the bus station and on quiet location. Wish I would stay longer.

Made you feel at home from the moment you come in the door, made some great friends and ate some delicious food Nothing to fault and my favourite hostel I've been to!

• 21st Jun 2014

This hostel rocks, or , more accurately', it throbs gently to a Latin American vibe. This will be the hostel against which I set the standard of others from now on. I have never met friendlier staff, full of ideas to help the hosteller have a good time. The review must mention the hammocks on the roof. The hostel is centrally located in a great fun loving salsa-ing city. Go to Casa Caracol for a happy time.

Everything was perfect. Staff, atmosphere, terrace, outside shower and everything else! Thanks!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

this place was absolutely adorable! the diners at night were amazing! the free crêpes breakfast was also amazing. I loved this place!

Thank you very much for a lovely stay!! We'll try to come back! :)

The hostel is very good. The staff it is really helpful and very friendly. They really love their job and you can see it. Everything its ok to have a good time there. The only think that they may chance is that the rooms are quite noisy and fue bathrooms are not enough. 98%

My stay at Casa Caracol was incredible. Honestly the best hostel in terms Of atmosphere, people, being comfortable and activities. They offer a different meal every night for a small charge which is always so good and the pancakes in the morning are so more-ish. I never had a problem with security or leaving my belongings out and the beds are comfortable too! Amazing, amazing staff who are super helpful and play the best music ever. We came back to Cadiz for Casa Caracol! YAY

Very nice hostel, has a great feeling due to organized dinners, nice common areas and trips! I can recommend this hostel to anybody who is looking for more than just a place to sleep!

A fantastic hostel with a great atmosphere and very hardworking staff. We loved the free pancakes in the morning, and the bbq on the rooftop terrace on Saturday night. We hired the bikes for just 5 euros all day, and had an amazing time cycling through the town and along the beach. The location is perfect, in the middle of both beaches and next to the bus and train station. I would stay here again if I were back in the area.

• 1st May 2014

This hostel was amazing, I loved the people, the facilities and the location. As soon as I walked in the door I was warmly welcomed and met other travelers right away. It was a lot of fun to hang out on the terrace and also do family dinners together. In addition, I was able to do a free walking tour through the hostel and it was very close to the beaches.

Casa Caracol was a great hostel to stay at. The friendly atmosphere, the helpfulness of the staff, the nice rooms and the location all contributed to a great stay at the hostel.

I have stayed in Casa Caracol many times, and there is a reason I always come back. The staff are always helpful and accomodating and the atmostsphere is completely chill. Big shout out to Ivan and Aitor!!!