Casa Caracol Reviews

Suaraez de Salazar 4, Cadiz, Spain

Great location about 2 minutes from the bus and train station. They offer a lot including dinner and walking tours. Don't expect to sleep well though as the common area is loud til the early hours and can be heard from rooms (on the first floor at least). It could also use more bathrooms.

It's a great place to stay, close to the bus station and on quiet location. Wish I would stay longer.

Made you feel at home from the moment you come in the door, made some great friends and ate some delicious food Nothing to fault and my favourite hostel I've been to!

• 21st Jun 2014

This hostel rocks, or , more accurately', it throbs gently to a Latin American vibe. This will be the hostel against which I set the standard of others from now on. I have never met friendlier staff, full of ideas to help the hosteller have a good time. The review must mention the hammocks on the roof. The hostel is centrally located in a great fun loving salsa-ing city. Go to Casa Caracol for a happy time.

Everything was perfect. Staff, atmosphere, terrace, outside shower and everything else! Thanks!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

this place was absolutely adorable! the diners at night were amazing! the free crêpes breakfast was also amazing. I loved this place!

Thank you very much for a lovely stay!! We'll try to come back! :)

The hostel is very good. The staff it is really helpful and very friendly. They really love their job and you can see it. Everything its ok to have a good time there. The only think that they may chance is that the rooms are quite noisy and fue bathrooms are not enough. 98%

My stay at Casa Caracol was incredible. Honestly the best hostel in terms Of atmosphere, people, being comfortable and activities. They offer a different meal every night for a small charge which is always so good and the pancakes in the morning are so more-ish. I never had a problem with security or leaving my belongings out and the beds are comfortable too! Amazing, amazing staff who are super helpful and play the best music ever. We came back to Cadiz for Casa Caracol! YAY

Very nice hostel, has a great feeling due to organized dinners, nice common areas and trips! I can recommend this hostel to anybody who is looking for more than just a place to sleep!

A fantastic hostel with a great atmosphere and very hardworking staff. We loved the free pancakes in the morning, and the bbq on the rooftop terrace on Saturday night. We hired the bikes for just 5 euros all day, and had an amazing time cycling through the town and along the beach. The location is perfect, in the middle of both beaches and next to the bus and train station. I would stay here again if I were back in the area.

• 1st May 2014

This hostel was amazing, I loved the people, the facilities and the location. As soon as I walked in the door I was warmly welcomed and met other travelers right away. It was a lot of fun to hang out on the terrace and also do family dinners together. In addition, I was able to do a free walking tour through the hostel and it was very close to the beaches.

Casa Caracol was a great hostel to stay at. The friendly atmosphere, the helpfulness of the staff, the nice rooms and the location all contributed to a great stay at the hostel.

I have stayed in Casa Caracol many times, and there is a reason I always come back. The staff are always helpful and accomodating and the atmostsphere is completely chill. Big shout out to Ivan and Aitor!!!

Fun place, met a lot of good people. The dinners they have are cheap and good. Only problem was the Hungarian guy who works nights/breakfast. Rude for no reason, not considerate at all, and just plain mean. Case in point: at breakfast, he asked if anyone would like more food, and when someone answered yes please, I would like one, the worker told the guest to just say yes next time and not waste his time. The other staff members were very nice.

We had a great experience. The location was wonderful and the facilities were very helpful in making our stay comfortable. The hammocks and rooftop terrace were the perfect "cherry on top" to pass down time when you needed a break from exploring the city and beaches. The only complaint we could have is the fact that the noise curfew was not enforced well and due to of the layout of the hostel it was difficult to escape the noise while trying to fall asleep.

This hostel is fantastic - great for lone travellers (an optional communal breakfast and meal every evening) and really great facilities. The outdoor shower is amazing!

Too loud!!!!! Seemed a fishmarket from 8.30am

This hostel is great. I particularly loved that they had communal meals and breakfast which provided a really friendly feel to the hostel, plus they provided free tea and coffee :) It's in a very quirky building with high ceilings: and one of the few hostels that provided duvets instead of blankets. I would return there again. Many thanks for making me feel so welcome as a solo traveller.

The only thing we did not like was that we could not stay longer! Our stay was just perfect!