Casa Caracol Reviews

Calle Argentina 19a, Barrio de Mexicanos, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great hostel!!!!

Great hostel, very nice garden and caring staff. Best (and cheapest) place to explore San Cristobal.

Perfect hospedaje for long time traveller. Nice cabins and so cheap for Mexico.Helpful and welcoming staff. Special dedicace to Leslie who helped me a lot and spent many times with me. Thanks to Pancho and Marco too. Staff talk english (nice if you dont talk spanish!). Go there... absolutely!

Loved it, super homie, super chill. Everyone was cool and helpful.

• 6th Apr 2015

Friendly staff, very good value for the price in a wonderful town. Warmly recommended.

The most friendly and the most helpfull management and personnel I ever met in an hostel. I had an unforgetable stay during 3 days.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Very nice basic hostel, wifi worked, kitchen could be used, staff was very friendly, not the nicest bathrooms but ok ;) It was freezing cold that night and we got extra extra extra blankets to survive ;)

I cannot say much about the Hostel, as i left after seeing the room and toilet... What more can i say ?

I booked just for one night but I've got stuck here for over a week already! I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS HOSTEL!Good vibe, cool people it's just the perfect place to stay here in San Cristobal! The hostel is located between the municipal fresh food market and the artesan hand craft market at not more than 5 mins walk from the central square.every night we make camp fire,play guitar having a drink and meeting people.THIS HOSTEL IS CHEAP! It's very clean. wifiworksfast withopengarden.Cantwaittogoback

• 3rd Jan 2015

Well first off the cheap price first lured me. Once I arrived the staff was really congenial an helpful. At first glance it may seem a bit run down, but I ended up liking it a lot. Seems like a lot of people stay there at once. Internet comes and goes and did not reach my room (4 bed dorm). More than any other hostel I have stayed at people seemed to neglect their dishes. Not all the showers have hot water but I still liked it a lot and plan to come back in a week or two - thanks guys!

The owner super friendly and helpful. Location really good, just 10 min walk to the Main Street. All the people staying in the hostel were open and friendly. I would recommend the owner to buy new sheets and towels, they looked really old. Same story for the bathroom. However, I would definitely come back.

The price is super cheap and all things are acceptable. It would be a good choice if you want to save money.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to every traveller:) The staff are very very very nice!!! They draw a map on the wall which recommend some good place to us, which helped me a lot to develop San Cristobal! The recommendations are really awesome. I checked out at 11:00 but they let me stay there till 17:00 to take the bus to Oaxaca! Many thanks to san francisco and his friend! Although the hostel is not at the center of the town, but only 5 or 6 minutes walk. Five star recommend!

One of the best stays I have ever had, and I have travelled a lot. Incredible service, the feeling of being home, and excellent facilities that are constantly developing. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. If I didn't have to, I would never have left. Sometimes you're extremely lucky. This was one of those times.

Casa Caracol is a great old historic house with huge garden, and the best vibe!!!

very different from what I'd expect of a 97% review (the best in San Cristobal). people that work there are very kind and loving but it has a feeling of a fraternity house or a community house. there are four dogs which for me was great, but it's not specified in the description, so it could unplease others. they didn't have the bed I booked for but were correct with me and accommodated me in a private room with no extra charges. I have to say that the bed was awful, but ok for few nights only.

the hostel is nice. it s not in the citycenter but everything is still in walking distance. the staff was friendly, we had bonfires,played guitare and partyied:) the rooms are nice but seem a little empty and cold.

This is a very nice, informal place. The ownes (and his friends) take care of everything and makes sure, that everybody feels good. The common spaces are great (indoor with a fire place and outdoom with sun), rooms and bathrooms are clean. It's a good choice for this price:)

Stay on the main strip instead. Nice staff. Breakfast is not included. Ask for mosquito netting.

This hostel has so much potential but there's not enough focus on the things that matter - a kitchen is great but not if it's filthy and there is nothing to cook with, and free coffee is also a bonus but there were no cups, just second-hand pot noodle tubs. The staff are friendly and helpful, the showers are hot, and smokers will feel right at home, but for us, the room was icy cold, the weed smoking was incessant and the location wasn't quite central enough, despite the cheaper prices.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels