7.7
Very Good 349 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 349 Total Reviews
Casa Central Backpackers Hostel Located at 11 Regent Street, Chippendale, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney NSW 2008 11 Regent Street, Chippendale
77% 349
-33.8845566 151.2024488
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2016
7.1

Friendly and helpful staff, a good atmosphere and conveniently located next to the train station. The room was a bit old and grubby and the bed uncomfortable- I could feel the springs in the mattress so that was a bit of a let down for the price you pay for a single room, but overall a positive experience.

• China, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2016

Really nice stuff. Quiet and clean. Very good location.

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2016
6.6

The location is near The Central station, and easy to find (if you are good at maps). Building is old and no very well furnished. It is okay for short term stay. The room was cold and there was no heater, shower was good. Provide simple breakfast and free wifi.

• USA, Male, 25-30
17th May 2016

Chill, quiet hostel. Maximum four beds per room. Good location about a 5 minute walk from the Central Train Station. I had an early morning flight, and the staff booked a shuttle bus to pick me up from right in front of the hostel for $16, which is about what you pay on your Opal card to take the train...without lugging your bags all over town. Not a very social atmosphere when I was there - it was very quiet, mostly people staying there long term.

Hi there :) Thanks for the review! We love hearing when guests enjoy their time at Casa as much as you so we know what we are doing right :D Hopefully we will see you again next time you are in Sydney. Cheers!

15th May 2016
7.1

Casa is a very cozy hostel. It would be ideal for a long stay since it's quite small and intimate, compared to other, huge hostels. Plus you don't get more than 4 people per room. There was some miscommunication though, because I had to ask to have my bed sheets changed instead of showing up to a clean bed. I was simply handed linens by reception, along with a comforter fitted sheet and had to make the bed myself, along with stripping the last person's sheets.

Thank you for your comments, and we are genuinely sorry that your bed wasn't clean when you arrive.. We have brought this issue to the attention of all of our staff. We aren't perfect, but your feedback has enabled us to get much closer :)

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
4th May 2016
7.1

Good hostel. Stayed for a week and would stay here again. Staff is nice and facilities are good. But showers are cold sometimes /:

Hey there! Thank you so much for pointing out everything you loved about Casa Central. We are always trying to do our best and to make our guests feel like home. About the showers we're working on it right now. Thanks again and we hope to see you again next time you are in Sydney.

28th Apr 2016
6.9

Good location/warm staff/well equiped kitchen/noise a problem if you're above social spaces or near stairs/cleaning is frequent but inadequate/some rooms are overpriced like the rest of Sydney/roof ought to have better lighting... well meaning but mediocre, effective but defective.

Hi there, that's a really tough review! We certainly don't feel average in any way but accept that what we have to offer here may not to everyone's liking. I'm very sorry you had that experience in our Hostel, Thanks for your review, because that gave us the chance to improve.

• huashelley1342
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
20th Apr 2016
6.9

I'd enjoyed the stay before but this time was disappointing. The shower went cold suddenly and without me being in it for long (2min), the sheets weren't warm enough in the room so i had to sleep fully clothed, and the wifi wasn't fast enough to do anything (like check email and events, and it dropped out a lot). The kitchen was very clean though, and it was a quiet and cosy place in the middle of the city. I was in a single private room.

Hi there, sorry about the cold shower, we're working on it right now. Please feel free to speak to our friendly reception staff about any issues like this when staying at Casa and we will try our very best to make your stay more comfortable. We do have plenty of spare dunnas available..The guest experience is everything here at Casa Central and the small things count. Thanks again for your review.

• heathermac
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
11th Apr 2016
8.0

I stayed just for one night in a single room because I was getting up for a 6am flight the next day. The room was good - small, but clean. I didn't check out the kitchen, but it was pretty full of people. It was very noisy for a Monday night, and I wasn't able to get to sleep until around 1:00 even with earplugs. But that's what you get in hostels.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all guest feedback- both the good and the bad. As for the noisy guests... Unfortunately we cannot always control guest behavior but you are always welcome to speak to our reception staff if you are having any troubles like this and we will do our best to make your stay more comfortable. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you're in Sydney. Cheers!

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016
6.0

Despite telling them what time I was arriving (and I arranged this for when the reception supposedly opened) I had to sit on the curb for an hour. Nobody thought to contact me. Very noisy street outside. Extremely steep/narrow stairs and not signposted well. Facilities were reasonable and good location. bathrooms were always clean and plenty of kitchen supplies to use.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all guest feedback- both the good and the bad. As for the noisy guests... Unfortunately we cannot always control guest behavior but you are always welcome to speak to our reception staff if you are having any troubles like this and we will do our best to make your stay more comfortable. We apologies for the miss communication that left you waiting. We have learn't a valuable lesson and will make sure this does happen to our guests again. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you're in Sydney. Cheers!