Casa Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

11 Regent Street, Chippendale, Sydney, Australia

I've stayed in Casa Central for a few days after I moved to Sydney. It's just next to the Central Station so perfect location if you need banks, services etc or you want to get out of town by train. Also lots of cheap but decent places to eat around. The room was a bit shabby but ok, shared bathroom very clean. The only disadvantage was extraordinary noise from the street overnight, so I wouldn't recommend it if you need a quiet place to sleep.

Nb staff were perfectly nice and accomadating. I met three of the. They were great. The hostel was however super depressing, laughably so. probably partly due to the tiny kitchen and communal area. But they have a roof garden which is just miserable when it needn't be. People were just shuffling around in a sorry state mumbling at each other or just getting sad drunk. I only stayed there one night. I won't be going back.

• 28th Jan 2016

I had a really great stay. This is the best hostel I've stayed at and so cheap and excellent service. Such a nice atmosphere

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

This hostel is located in a great location. The staff are friendly and overall the hostel has a friendly vibe. The rooms, however, weren't very clean. The room had a 'sweaty' smell to it. The linen in my room did not smell fresh. And my bedding (pillow, doona) were yellowed and old. A hostel needs to provide cleaner linen and bedding than this. Not a bad place, but not very good value for money.

Nice place to stay, very close to Central station so can go anywhere easily. Friendly helpful staff , small friendly hostel :)

Great place to stay

Good for the purpose of having a private room at a reasonable cost and the straff was very friendly. The bedlinen was quite unclean though and it felt like little things were crawling on me for days after staying there.

To be honest.. It took some finding, there are no clear signs locating where they are. After stumbling across the entrance, climbing a couple flights of stairs, I managed to check in. I only wish I didn't.... My room stank of damp and mold.. And the corridor consisted of consent door banging all through the night. It didn't help being near a popular drunks hide out as projectile and putrid vomite can be herd from a near by street. The worst place I have ever stayed... Never again

• 2nd Jan 2016

Hi there, Wow, that's a really tough review! We certainly don't feel average in any way but accept that what we have to offer here may not to everyone's liking. We try to keep all of our rooms ventilated and smelling fresh but sometimes it is not totally achievable. Please feel free to speak to our friendly reception staff about any issues like this when staying at Casa and we will try our very best to make your stay more comfortable.The guest experience is everything here at Casa Central and the small things count. Thanks again for your review. Casa Management.

Good hostel but expensive Christmas time in Sydney everywhere.

Our room was scorching hot. The fan didnt help at all.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Great place to stay

The hinges of the doors to some of the rooms creak loudly. This is easy to resolve, simply remove the pins, grease and re-install or simply spray lubricant in the hinge. This will greatly reduce hallway noise at night. The city map provided was appreciated.

• 12th Dec 2015

If you want somewhere where you can chill out this place is good. It's not really a party hostel but if you've been hitting it hard and see after some comfort this place is for you. Nice lounge like room with tv. With it being near Christmas they have put a Christmas tree up to making it feel homely. It's clean and the staff are very helpful and smiley. I think they are Spanish but I may be wrong. The kitchen facilities are the best I have come across after my travels. yes they have a cooker !!!

• 7th Dec 2015

I enjoyed my stay here. The layout of the room was a 4 bed but with partition wall so it felt more like a 2 bed which was nice. Free washing facilities and good rooftop area for drying clothes. Loved the people there and the atmosphere was chilled and homely. Long stay backpackers mostly.

The staff was really unorganized and the beds were fairly uncomfortable. The only positive was the small rooms at 4 people per room

• 3rd Dec 2015

Good location, chill vibe.

Fantastic hostel! Got a home feeling right away. The rooms are clean and nice, and the location is perfect (2 min walk to Cental Station).

We had nice stay at Casa central. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Location was really good just few minutes walk from Central station and Paddy's market. wifi was free and it worked okay. Laundry was free which was great, dryer cost 4 dollars but there was clotheslines on the roof. Kitchen and common are was very small but the chinatown is just around the corner so much restaurants. Building/rooms little old but still okay and clean.

The lock on the shared locker needs to be fitted correctly or it is only a "decoration" Otherwise, I would recommend staying here and if ever in Sydney again, I will!!! The place is old, it's not flash, but is more than value for money. Another tip for anyone travelling to Sydney, Taxi's can easily be cheaper than buses and so much more convenient. $15 for the shuttle bus (3x 15 = $45) and the shuttle bus ride was scary. Taxi was $26. Buses to and from Horden Pavillion for 3 $28, Taxi $26

• 21st Nov 2015