Casa Del Sol Mexico Reviews

No. 815 Polar Pte., Entre (between) Saturno Y Luna Nte, Tulum, Mexico

Close to the bus station and main strip but at the other end of the strip from where you ideally would want to be. No lockers in rooms or even locked doors (except overnight). Nice big outdoor (but sheltered) kitchen/communal area and good internet. Good, varied breakfasts but not big enough. Not enough power outlets in dorms.

Great hostel, good vibe, clean, close to everything and Eric and his uncle are legends! We all put in 20 pesos and Eric cooked us an absolute feast! The breakfast was also amazing! I would definitely recommend staying here if you are visiting Tulum!

If you just want to dance and drink, this is your place. Otherwise, atmosphere is not great, many beds don't have plugs, and kitchen leaves something to be desired. Upon arrival, one worker told me and 2 women traveling with me that women should get on their knees for men.

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the fun atmosphere we like to create here. The hostal does provide numerous power outlets for charging devices, our kitchen contains everything you might need to cook, and I think a joke was taken the wrong way, so apologies for that. See you next time!

It was very, very noisy. I woke up at seven am with the noise of breakfast being prepared in the kitchen, which was next to the bedroom. There was no acoustic isolation whatsoever. I couldn't take another day there, so I moved to another hostel. Never again. Also, breakfast

Staff were friendly and helpful, nice common area for meeting other travellers, hot showers, and really good breakfast.

Erik was really friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great and the breakfasts every morning were really delicious. Also being able to hire a bike from the hostel was an advantage as the ruins were further away then we first thought.

We had such an amazing time! Such a great deal for the price. Met people from all around the world, breakfast every morning was superb. You can rent bikes for 50 pesos a day and the young man who pretty much ran the place for extremely helpful. Make sure you bring earplugs as some nights/mornings are louder than others! So close to downtown and so worth the price. Thank you!

• 7th Jan 2016

Fantastic hostel! Really cool boho vibe, unlike anywhere else I've stayed. The manager (Eric) and his uncle (Alberto) run the hostel and are both great. I had to cancel one of my nights last minute, Eric was very understanding and didn't charge me. Alberto sat down with my for a solid half hour giving me advice on what to do in Tulum, and even walked me to his favorite restaurant in the area so I wouldn't get lost. Super homey environment, highly recommend. I will definitely be back :)

I loved staying in this place. It was clean, safe, really affordable, and in a good location in the town. Eric, the guy who runs the place, was such a great host, really helpful and mindful of the place. They have bikes to rent, internet access, and a good (i.e. real food) complementary breakfast in the morning. Great atmosphere and staff.

• 5th Jan 2016

Really nice hostel, with a good breakfast in an atmosphere perfect to meet people ! Great beds in the dorm ! Nice garden, close to the ADO station.

• 28th Dec 2015

It was one of the best hostels we had on our trip. It was really familiar and on christmas they made dinner for everybody. If You want to find something nice, you should go there!!

• 22nd Dec 2015

it's really good place to stay. very close to bus station, to get to the beach I recommend you to rent a bike you can do it in the hostel. very familiar and frendly enviroment. the owner is really helpful and english spoken. gracias Daniela

Brilliant place - eric and the family are awesomE!

• 12th Dec 2015