Casa Elemento Reviews

Finca Bella Vista, Minca, Colombia, Minca, Colombia

A fantastic stay up with this family of travellers. Isolated from the world in the best way with an amazing social atmosphere great food and otherworldly views. Above the clouds and the jungle it provides amazing hiking opportunities and countless places to relax, read, reflect or write. The walk up is not for those out of shape and the moto taxi is not for fearful, but find your way up and it will be worth it. I could have spent a month up here in jungle mountains paradise.

This is truly a special hostel and one the most unique locations I have stayed at while traveling. What differentiates this hostel from the rest is the staff. I have never met more friendly staff who you could enjoy a good conversation with over an ice cold beer. The facilities themselves are basic, but offer some ideal amenities such as drinkable tap water, open air bathrooms, etc. I would recommend at least 2 nights at the hostel since it takes a bit of time to travel there.

As Nike say, "Just do it". The owners are doing everything they can to ensure your stay is the best fun. They have created an atmosphere where all guests mingle, activities are brilliant, the 10 person hammock overhanging the cliff is a great place to chill, as is the camp fire and a zip line was going in while I was there. The food is also excellent and reasonably priced. New 'loos with a view' were also nearly complete. So do yourself a favor and hike or jump on the back of a motor bike.

Nice spot to escape the heat and chillax in the hills. Great vibe, super friendly staff and volunteers, and the hammock is immense.

Awesome stay at Casa Elemento. This is the place to head if you wanna shut it down and chill for a few days ( or a week ) after the lost city trek, or tayrona. There are also some cool activities in the mountains such as hiking, rappeling waterfalls, survival school, etc. Giant hammock is very cool with a spectacular view, and the communal home cooked dinners were fantastic @14,000, large enough portions to fill most people. Make sure you book in advance at least a day or two as they fill up.

What an amazing place!!! You can (and many do) get lost here for weeks. The giant hammock is back

The new giant hammock is up

good hostel to chill in for a couple of days would love to see what comes of it loads of potential no lockers or anything but to be honest you shouldn't need it as you are in the middle of nowhere

Fantastic view, awesome staff, great hikes. I'd recommend this to anyone!

Absolutely loved this hostel, amazing location, fantasic staff, fantasic atmosphere. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Also the best thing we did in the Sierra Nevada region.

Amazing, truly fantastic. We booked for 3 nights and stayed for 9. It would have been more if we had the time. Staff and volunteers spend a great deal of time with guests. The food is great and is served off schedule. The no wifi only adds to the atmosphere allowing everyone to get to know each other. During the day there are many activities across the mountain, sunset is not to be missed and then it is time to sit around the fire before dinner. A cool and chillin experience.

• 21st May 2014

Casa Elemento is an amazing outdoor experience. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying your experience. There is only one bathroom, which is really the only downside we experienced while there, but they are in the process of adding to that in the near future. Overall, I would recommend Casa Elemento to anyone interested in the outdoors and beautiful scenery.

LOCATION: The hike from Minca to the hostel was longest part of my trip, 3-4hours. I think its a great hike, but it was really tiring. We were arriving from Parque Tyrona, and we hiked 8+hours at Tyrona. Also, do not take the shortcut that locals recommend, we were lost for 2hours. Nevertheless, once you get to the top, you will see an amazing view from the hostel. I loved my lunch: veggie soup with homemade bread. This place has a really nice pool, hammecks for 15mil, and a cool atmosphere.

highly recommend!! amazing place

• 19th Apr 2014

Worth the two hour hike up (leave your heavy things in Minca) - stunning views, great pool and giant hammock, and clean rooms with cheerful staff. Enjoyed our stay for sure

In Colombia you must visit this place. Its on the top of a hill, totally chilled out! Do bring some snacks and food because there is nothing to eat except the breakfast, lunch and dinner which you have to buy from the hostel. Ed and crew we love you!