Casa Elemento Reviews

Finca Bella Vista, Minca, Colombia, Minca, Colombia

Absolutely beautiful and serene location although the 40 minute mototaxi ride there is a bit terrifying. Could do with lockers and a bit more consideration for the people in cabanas who have no guard against noise pollution late at night. Cabanas are absolutely beautiful overlooking the valley and the provision of mosquito nets thoughtful. Food beyond excellent!

LOVED this hostel. It's the most amazing place I've ever stayed. The lack of wifi seemed to be a drawback in the beginning, but it really helped me to be in the present moment. My only complaints were the lack of cleanliness in the inside shared bathroom and the fact that I did not have a locker to lock up my things. Other than those two small things, I had the most incredible stay here.

This place has great food and incredible views. Unfortunately myself and the two people I was traveling with got many bedbug bites while staying two nights there in the dorm room.

• 7th Jan 2016

Very much appreciated the relaxed and friendly professionalism of the staff, and of course the beautiful location and layout of the grounds. Food was excellent. Special kudos for the morning bowl of granola that was kindly prepared for me on the morning of my dawn departure, and also for the Nopidex bug repellent! (Not greasy and doesn't stink the way Muskol does.) Also I respect that Casa Elemento is supporting local youth through its school program and by employing some of them at the hostel.

• 11th Dec 2015

This hostel is incredible! Amazing location at the top of the mountains, with amazing hammocks to hang out in. Great food, great staff, great beer!

This hostel is awesome!!!! What a unique place! Everything about it is awesome from the giant hammock, stunning view, delicious food (!!!) and homegrown organic coffee. The staff was also super awesome and friendly- big shout out to Nick, Jack and Kieran for making our stay unforgettable!! You need to check this place out!

Great vibes, coll people. Stay there!

Had an amazing time at Casa Elemento and recommend it completely! Amazing location and atmosphere. Only issue I had was the security, not nearly enough lockers for the amount of people staying in dorms/hammocks, there are some but why not enough for everyone? I had a poncho stolen from me but luckily walked past another dorm room and found it hanging off a bed and took it back. If there were sufficient lockers this wouldn't be an issue.

• 1st Dec 2015

This place is very special. Met some very friendly interesting people here and the views are amazing. Plenty of activities to do if you are up for it and if not, there is no better place to lounge around. The owners were really great people as well. There were a bunch of Canadians there when I was there and they cooked the most badass thanksgiving dinners I had ever had. I hope I get a chance to get back to this place. Highly recommended.

Add this hostel to your Colombian bucketlist!

Excellent location, amazing views. Good food. Nice retreat from the humidity of the coast.

• 26th Nov 2015

Awesome stay with very helpful staf!

• 24th Nov 2015

My friend and I absolutely loved our stay at Casa Elemento! With a relaxed vibe during the day and fun, sociable and cosy atmosphere at night, we could've extended our one night stay into a 2 week stay! The food is absolutely amazing. The staff are hard working and friendly. Special mention to our new friend Kieran who was not only humorous but also very generous and caring - especially to Jerry the chicken. Thank you staff at Casa Elemento we can't wait for our return! :)

that place is magic. but for me it took some time to get it. on first sight the hostel it's nothing too special and not the cleanest but the atmosphere catches you after some time. since there are no other places to go to anywhere near and no wifi people start to socialise a lot. it became kind of a 24h houseparty where almost everyone knew everyone- that was a whole new level of hostel experience. plus the view is stunning, the hammock great fun, the pool refreshing and the food amazing!!

Amazing hostel up above Minca. Great place to go have a few nights away from the world in beautiful surroundings and good staff and guests. Only fault is no option to cook your own food, and for what you pay the food is good but not amazing nor the portions large.

Great place to stay. Wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks guys :-)

In a beautiful location with lots to do if u can be bothered, if not, a good place to relax. Not all that clean, the bed we slept on was dirty. There were no mozy nets in an open wooden shack!! LOADSA biting insects!! If I were to give any advice on how my experience may have improved it would be to choose ur volunteer staff more wisely, some were very overbearing and quite rude to people at times! Put us off staying longer. Nice views from the toilet however!

I spent three nights at Casa elemento and I didnt want to leave - it was probably the coolest place I have ever stayed. It's an adventure to get there, the beds and hammocks are comfy, great food and for a reasonable price, toilets with a view over the valley are amazing, the giant hammock is incredible, hiking and high ropes course is epic, staff are amazing. There is no faults to this place - it is quite literally paradise.

The best hostel we visited in Colombia. Great place to chill for a few days and get out the heat of the carribean. Or there are loads of hikes/activities to do if you want. All meals provided at a reasonable cost. The food is delicious, best hostel breakfast by a mile. Extremely friendly staff and volunteers made our stay fantastic. Only advice would be take plenty of cash as the nearest cajero is more than an hour away. Super Bueno, hope to return one day.

Amazing views, most incredible food and in a family setting all eating together, friendly and informative staff and owner is really nice and THAT hammock 👌 No negatives with this place, it's incredible

« first « Prev 1 2 3