Casa Elemento Reviews

Finca Bella Vista, Minca, Colombia, Minca, Colombia

What an amazing place!!! You can (and many do) get lost here for weeks. The giant hammock is back

good hostel to chill in for a couple of days would love to see what comes of it loads of potential no lockers or anything but to be honest you shouldn't need it as you are in the middle of nowhere

Fantastic view, awesome staff, great hikes. I'd recommend this to anyone!

Absolutely loved this hostel, amazing location, fantasic staff, fantasic atmosphere. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Also the best thing we did in the Sierra Nevada region.

Amazing, truly fantastic. We booked for 3 nights and stayed for 9. It would have been more if we had the time. Staff and volunteers spend a great deal of time with guests. The food is great and is served off schedule. The no wifi only adds to the atmosphere allowing everyone to get to know each other. During the day there are many activities across the mountain, sunset is not to be missed and then it is time to sit around the fire before dinner. A cool and chillin experience.

• 21st May 2014

Casa Elemento is an amazing outdoor experience. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying your experience. There is only one bathroom, which is really the only downside we experienced while there, but they are in the process of adding to that in the near future. Overall, I would recommend Casa Elemento to anyone interested in the outdoors and beautiful scenery.

LOCATION: The hike from Minca to the hostel was longest part of my trip, 3-4hours. I think its a great hike, but it was really tiring. We were arriving from Parque Tyrona, and we hiked 8+hours at Tyrona. Also, do not take the shortcut that locals recommend, we were lost for 2hours. Nevertheless, once you get to the top, you will see an amazing view from the hostel. I loved my lunch: veggie soup with homemade bread. This place has a really nice pool, hammecks for 15mil, and a cool atmosphere.

highly recommend!! amazing place

• 19th Apr 2014

Worth the two hour hike up (leave your heavy things in Minca) - stunning views, great pool and giant hammock, and clean rooms with cheerful staff. Enjoyed our stay for sure

In Colombia you must visit this place. Its on the top of a hill, totally chilled out! Do bring some snacks and food because there is nothing to eat except the breakfast, lunch and dinner which you have to buy from the hostel. Ed and crew we love you!

I had an amazing time staying at Casa Elemento. The views are incredible. The staff are helpful and friendly. The other guests were a pleasure to meet. Wonderful hikes and a great place to relax. The new pool is awesome. I enjoyed seeing many birds at this elevation and during nearby hikes. I had my birthday while at Casa Elemento and felt like I was at a home away from home. Tastey food and a celebratory environment a fine combination indeed. Minca is far below, the views from C.E. are stunning

This is located about 20-30min by motorbike outside of Minca. Location is beautiful, but the atmosphere was a bit lacking. I think it was just the time we were there-- staff and volunteers outnumbered the guests and it made it kind of uncomfortable. It´s too bad the pool was unfinished when we were there. The staff were all nice and accommodating enough on their own, it was when they were all together that it felt like a clique

Amazing facilities in a beautiful area, easy to spend lots of time relaxing here. It is a 15,000 mototaxi from Minca to the hostel, so getting to and from town is something that your not going to be able to do very easily. Bring lots of money when you go up because there is no ATM machine. If you eat a lot of food bring some extra snacks and stuff, while the food is incredible the portions arent huge. Our budget is $25 a day and we went just over while here. Thanks for the amazing hospitality!