Casa España Hostel Reviews

Plaza Emilio Jimenez Millas 2/E, Madrid, Spain

The WORST place I have ever stayed! Hostel world should remove them from their site!!!! To start with they sent an emailing saying the reception was not open 24/7 and to call from the plaza and they would collect us. We are back packers and don't have a phone and arrived around 6 so went to the address, in TRUTH there is no reception EVER you can only get in by phoning. They also don't allow alcohol and lie about everything. I could write for hours but there's not enough space. DONT STAY HERE!

It was the worst experience ever!! When we met a guy on the street (because there don't have a reception!) he came and said that we cannot go to the room because we had bicycles! he said that we have to leave them on the street! When we resigned he called us back and said we can leave bikes in the other place. When we came there one of the tenants started yelling,attacked him and wanted to call the police! THIS IS MAFIA!!! I WAS AFRAID TO STAY THERE!! and they charged us unfairly!!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Casa España Hostel is the worst hostel i visit in my life !!!!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Greece

Where to begin? Weirdest night of my life. When I got there the door was covered in graffiti and there was a sign saying to call a number if staying at the hostel. I called and a guy said he would come and pick me up to take me to the new location. He then decided it would be better if I stay at this hostel. I was the only guest, did not sleep a wink in this creepy, weird place. Most expensive hostel yet as well and it had NOTHING that was advertised. No wifi. I sneaked out at 6am.. Just awful..

Madrid was a great stop on my trip shame I did't stay longer. This hostel has an excellent location. Ideal to spend a short time here. Room is not that cozy but good enough. Bathrooms are decent.

• 10th Aug 2014

Not located at the given address, not all rooms on photo's exist. They don't tell you there are bunk beds if you book a twin room. No invoice. Rooms were dirty, sheets weren't washed, bathroom was moldy, toilet dirty, wifi and airco broken. Tried to get our money back, he got angry and didn't want to help us. We texted if we could pay the first night and get the rest back. No answer. At night he had changed the lock, told us we had clearly threatened to trash the hostel in that text message. Eh?

• 8th Aug 2014

The Adress that they give is a place that there is no people. I stayed there and I didn´t saw the STAFF guys, just a boy with 16 Years old came to take us. There is no Internet, the Photos are at the most FAKE. At the place that I stayed, were just 3 rooms and nothing more, no window, no air, just a place to take a shower without at least a window, the place stinks! I thought all the time that anyone could enter there and take my things, because were just us in a building with nothing more.

Security was good enough as all rooms and the front door have keys. Also, the hostel is located in the city center just few minutes from some sights. What was not that great is the slow Internet. Staff was friendly but they didn't organize any special events or parties.

• 17th Jul 2014

Very cheap hostel. I liked the area because it was safe and you can walk alone at night.

• 14th Jul 2014

Madrid was just a transit destination for me, I stayed only 1 night at this hostel. The good things were its location and very good price for a private room. The staff was helpful with good ideas where to go in 1 day. The rooms have locks, there was an aircon too but it was not necessary as the place has a good tempriture which is very good in a hot city like this. I had a pleasant stay here.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

Big pluses are the price and the location. There are not so many people in the private room place.

• 26th May 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was all right. I stayed only 1 night so the location was convenient right in the center. My room was perfect for 1 person and it was clean. Recommended.

• 20th May 2014

Do not book a room at this hostel, as they are swindlers. They use a special strategy to rip off money out of their customers: they send the customer an e-mail 72 hs before the time of arrival, telling him/herthat the key to the room can only be collected via a phone call made upon arrival. If the customer objects that this is not a proper way of behaving and wishes to cancel the reservation, then they charge him/her for the first night. Watch out!

Dear Customer, Please note, you cancelled the reservation within 72 hours which means we reserve the right to charge your credit card for late cancellation. You received the email much more than 72 hours before the arrival but you decided not to stay with us. The reason we pick you up is that we don't have a reception 24 hours open so we make your arrival smoother by setting up an appointment. We would appreciate if you didn't publish comments what not mach with the reality. Thank you

This has ben the worst hostel I ever saw. Should like to get the money back!