Casa España Hostel Reviews

Plaza Emilio Jimenez Millas 2/E, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Friendly staff, clean hostel, very good location (very close to the bus/train station)

• 17th Mar 2014

Casa Espana Hostel is right in the city center and very cheap. The place is small but friendly.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Venezuela

Clean basic hostel at a good location just next to theMadrid city centre. I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom/toilet. It was comfortable. One of the staff members was a friendly professional host

• 25th Feb 2014

very nice staff and location!

• 24th Feb 2014

Affordable and good value for the money. Also, good location!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Romania

Casa Espana was ideal for 1 night because of its location and price.

• 10th Feb 2014

Great people and good location plus it's cheap

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Free WiFi and hot shower make the hostel a good deal.

• 4th Feb 2014

When we booked the place we were quite worried because many reviews were saying the place doesn't exist. But it was very cheap and the location seemed to be great so we booked it anyway. They contacted us before arrival witch made us more relaxed. When we arrived they were already waiting for us at the square and walked together to the hostel. It was a nice suprise, it was clean, organized and Sophie the staff member did her very best to make us feel comfortable. I would recommend this hostel.

Warm, cute rooms!

• 4th Feb 2014

the small hostel was located in the city center. it was nothing special but it is a clean and safe place to stay at.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Personal treatment by the staff was nice. They even called me before I arrived to help me with directions. Place is small, cozy and clean.

• 28th Jan 2014

Location is ok. Close to everything, great staff, clean. WiFi is free.

• 18th Jan 2014

The place its clean, but its just to sleep. There is no kitchen, breakfast or common areas. But its close enough to a subway station and walking distance to the city center. The actual rooms may be in a different building.

I was waiting outside Plaza Emilio Jimenez Millas 2/E, Madrid for 2 hours, it was locked, the buzzer didn t work, nobody came in or out and there was a number stuck on the window to call to check in. There was no answer when I called. After 2 hours some Brazilian girls came and said they were looking for them too as there was no hot water where they were staying. They also said, quite reliably I thought that Plaza Emilio Jimenez Millas 2/E, Madrid was only an office and nobody stayed there.

This is a SCAM!!!!!! When my group reached the hostel, the staff asked for payment first. After making payment, then only she informed us that this hostel could not be used. We were sent way back to the outskirts of madrid (40 minutes walking from this hostel!!!!!!!!). The staff did not give full explanation as in what happened and no sign of true apology. Don;t come to this place please!!!

"What you pay for is what you get". That is, for me, the best way to describe this hostel. The prices are very low (even during the Christmas holidays) so don't expect anything fancy. There are four small "twin-bedrooms" (they all have bunkbeds), only one of them has a window. There is one shower and one toilet available to accommodate all 8 guests (they were clean, so that's a plus). The location is excellent, WIFI works perfectly. The only real downside was that the rooms were quite cold.

Never stay at this hostel it is a scam. As soon as we paid we were directed to a different hostel in a bad part of town with no heating. We booked a 4 bed dorm and we got a 16 bed unheated room in a cheaper hostel. Casa Espanol does not have staff as their reception. They do not answer their phone. We waited outside for 30 minutes before a rude man came and took our money and directed us elsewhere. I have stayed in 100s of hostels in dozens of countries and this is the worst. Stay away.

turned up at this hostel last week to be informed that this hostel had now closed and we could not stay there. would not have been a problem had we been informed by email or otherwise beforehand. we were sent to a different hostel but this new hostel had a horrible rating (hostel sol) and we were very disappointed in this.

This is the WORST hostel I've ever been at. Don't stay there. The staff is rude, and they didn't offer me any help, Also they make you sign a paper saying that you CAN'T write a review on trip advisor (what?). The rooms are much much smaller than they are in the pictures and the heater wasn't working at all. I booked a Double bed room and they put me in a bunked bed room. Also it was in another building. The recepction doesn't work for 24 hours. Pay a little more to stay in a better hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3