Casa España Hostel Reviews

Plaza Emilio Jimenez Millas 2/E, Madrid, Spain

Not located at the given address, not all rooms on photo's exist. They don't tell you there are bunk beds if you book a twin room. No invoice. Rooms were dirty, sheets weren't washed, bathroom was moldy, toilet dirty, wifi and airco broken. Tried to get our money back, he got angry and didn't want to help us. We texted if we could pay the first night and get the rest back. No answer. At night he had changed the lock, told us we had clearly threatened to trash the hostel in that text message. Eh?

• 8th Aug 2014

The Adress that they give is a place that there is no people. I stayed there and I didn´t saw the STAFF guys, just a boy with 16 Years old came to take us. There is no Internet, the Photos are at the most FAKE. At the place that I stayed, were just 3 rooms and nothing more, no window, no air, just a place to take a shower without at least a window, the place stinks! I thought all the time that anyone could enter there and take my things, because were just us in a building with nothing more.

Security was good enough as all rooms and the front door have keys. Also, the hostel is located in the city center just few minutes from some sights. What was not that great is the slow Internet. Staff was friendly but they didn't organize any special events or parties.

• 17th Jul 2014

Madrid was just a transit destination for me, I stayed only 1 night at this hostel. The good things were its location and very good price for a private room. The staff was helpful with good ideas where to go in 1 day. The rooms have locks, there was an aircon too but it was not necessary as the place has a good tempriture which is very good in a hot city like this. I had a pleasant stay here.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

Big pluses are the price and the location. There are not so many people in the private room place.

• 26th May 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was all right. I stayed only 1 night so the location was convenient right in the center. My room was perfect for 1 person and it was clean. Recommended.

• 20th May 2014

Do not book a room at this hostel, as they are swindlers. They use a special strategy to rip off money out of their customers: they send the customer an e-mail 72 hs before the time of arrival, telling him/herthat the key to the room can only be collected via a phone call made upon arrival. If the customer objects that this is not a proper way of behaving and wishes to cancel the reservation, then they charge him/her for the first night. Watch out!

Dear Customer, Please note, you cancelled the reservation within 72 hours which means we reserve the right to charge your credit card for late cancellation. You received the email much more than 72 hours before the arrival but you decided not to stay with us. The reason we pick you up is that we don't have a reception 24 hours open so we make your arrival smoother by setting up an appointment. We would appreciate if you didn't publish comments what not mach with the reality. Thank you

This has ben the worst hostel I ever saw. Should like to get the money back!

I stayed one night in a private room and was quite satisfied as a whole. The location is excellent, since you can walk to any famous sites without using public transportations. On the other hand, they do not have special programs for travelers nor provide a common area for gathering. I would recommend this hostel for those who want to stay by themselves at a reasonably low cost.

The hostel was good, nothing fancy but great location and the price was good too.

• 25th Mar 2014

Friendly staff, clean hostel, very good location (very close to the bus/train station)

• 17th Mar 2014

Casa Espana Hostel is right in the city center and very cheap. The place is small but friendly.

• 16th Mar 2014