Casa Felisa Reviews

Porta da pena no 5, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Very nice facility. Clean and neat. The food was good and the service was good. Very close to the Santiago's Cathedral and to the restaurants. The only difficult part was the parking. We didn't know about the different types of parking and the color codes. But we made it ok. We would recommend it anytime.

• 19th Oct 2014

Although I had a decent single room with shared bathroom on 3rd floor, I was very disappointed by the fact that this Casa Felisa was NOT a hostel in the real sense of the word. There was nowhere to sit except at a table near the main door which was always open and therefore draughty and cold and the restaurant was outside under umbrellas and it was very cold and wet when I was there. The staf were curt to say the least and not really able to give info as they only spoke Spanish.

The view and location were incredible and I adored this place. And it was barely a two minutes walk to ALL of the happening places. The showers didnt drain perfectly but the city is ancient so not a big deal at all.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Very friendly and helpful

• 29th Sep 2014

Well located for the old city and Cathedral, Rooms clean and an excellent restaurant

• 19th Sep 2014

a sympathetic hostel located perfectly nearby city center. Good beds, nice room in old but beautifully renovated house. A bit noisy though: both from staircase and adjacent rooms

• 17th Sep 2014

Great stay. The showers however were not very good. All of the drains were clearly blocked, and the water would fill up as you had your shower. Apart from this, lovely stay and the location is GREAT!!

• 13th Sep 2014

Great location - but...............safe for valuables not working, and cleanliness a little below par in some areas. Otherwise it was good value for money.

• 4th Sep 2014

Very comfortable room in an quiet and convenient location.

• 1st Sep 2014

The hotel seems more focused on their restaurant business so the bar was where you checked in/asked for anything and it felt like you were interrupting the waiters' work if you did ask! The bathrooms seemed clean but were old and grubby. There is no kitchen area and breakfast is not included. However, it is a good location so not much walking if you've just done the Camino!

Absolutely wonderful stay. No complaints.

This Pensión was fantastic. Clean, welcoming, aesthetically pleasing, and situated in a fantastic part of Santiago. It was a wonderful way to end our camino pilgrimage with our own comfortable beds and well kept bathrooms! Everything i wanted in a hostel.

It's very central and walking distance to everywhere

Casa Felisa is right in the centre of the old town (5 euros by taxi from the bus station).and I walked down to the train station on my way out. It's clean and private and the staff were very helpful when I needed to make a phone call as my mobile didn't work there.

The hotel is conviently located near the Cathedral and te restaurant is excellent.

Quality place. Staff didn't speak much English, but they were friendly. One bathroom per floor, but they were extremely clean and I never had to wait to use one. Beds not super comfortable, but the atmosphere is charming. Better for families or couples, you will not meet fellow travelers here. I enjoyed it all the same! It's only about a 5 minute walk from the cathedral.

As in most places in this region the staff spoke minimal to no English. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

• 8th Jun 2014

I loved my stay here, especially as it is so central, I could see the cathedral from my window, and the patron was so nice an helpful. The bathrooms are a litte bit bedraggled maybe, and the walls quite thin, but atmosphere and location are fantastic. Beautiful garden in the courtyard, nice food - I would love to come here again.

We very much enjoyed our stay. The staff were really pleasant, polite, helpful and efficient. Casa Felisa is a lovely place with a restful, peaceful garden. Overall, a really nice atmosphere and an excellent base for Santiago.

• 4th Jun 2014