Casa Fischer Hostal Reviews

Pasaje (escalera) Fischer # 37, Valparaiso, Chile

Hostel owner is helpful enough. Facilities are good and small. There aren't a ton of rooms/beds, so it doesn't really need to be much bigger. There are only two bathrooms though, so always a wait. In general though, nice location, good breakfast, nice people. Only complaint, I was wishing for better wifi!

Very helpful staff, although limited English. Comfortable, clean beds with lockers. Location was 5-10 mins from where free walking tour goes from (recommended) and few minutes from laundry.

Lovely but small hostel in the perfect central location. Great breakfast. It got tricky at times with only 2 showers and toilets for about 20 people. Apart from that a lovely hostel in an even lovelier city.

Hostel is nice, very quiet when we went, we were the only guests! Staff don't speak much English, but easy enough to work out what to do. Location is awesome, set on a hill amongst the best streets with street art. We would suggest catching the bus from the bus station to the clock tower then following a map when arriving instead of following the directions they give you. It's much quicker!

Had only 3 other guests staying there when I was there, so atmosphere was terrible, but this is not their fault. Small homely hostel, so not great for solo backpackers but location and facilities are awesome. Also they charge people who want to hang around the hostel after checking out if they leave later for half a day, which I think is ridiculous

This hostel has clean and spacious rooms and bathrooms. The hostel was empty, with only four people staying each night, during our three night stay. Which was strange as this hostel is relatively good. Staff are usually MIA which isn't a bad thing, however, when we were waiting for our bus the staff member sat awkwardly on one couch strangely staring at us four an hour. Note: the hostel usually charge you half a day to wait around the hostel before your bus, but we weren't charged.

Lovely, small hostel in the heart of Valparaiso. Walking distance to almost all the sights. Breakfast is nice, and I was offered some on the morning I arrived even though I was only checked in for that night, so that was good. Beds are extra wide with comfy duvets. Everything is kept very clean. Not much in terms of additional facilities, but not really necessary either.

Great hostel! Great Staff! Great breakfast! Overall I enjoyed my stay very much. The reception dude with the tattoos who sketches in a note pad is a champ!

A rooftop terras would make it perfekt

We had a good time there, met nice people and enjoyed our stay!

One of the best places I ever stayed in! Breakfast was awesome! Location too! Feels like you're home! Definitely must stay in Valpo!

Great Hostel! Not so overwhelming with too many people. Good breakfast and have a well equipped kitchen!

The staff was really helpfull, since there are not to many beds you get to meet the others guests. The location is close to many key points in the city. Would stay there again.

Small hostel so easy to meet the other people staying there. Comfortable, good breakfast. Owner let me have breakfast on the morning I checked in (@8am) even though actual check in wasn't till much later.

Spent a lovely night here in a double room. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was reasonably good. Would definitely recommend.. Nice little hostel with a very homely feel. Good place to meet other people.

The hostel is nice, but nothing special. The atmosphere is pretty serious (no music, no parties, etc.). I found the staff a bit rude.

Well located hostel, maintained with good enough breakfast. Unfortunately, the staff (teenagers) was the worst I've seen in a while, hardly able to answer the basic questions we had (supermarket and what to see) without laughing at our faces. They invited over their friends and would loudly use the common areas all day long laughing and doing what childs do. Let's hope they were here for replacement only.

We stayed in the private room, which was bright and colorful, had a t.v. and bed was comfy. It's a small hostel, not too many people, which is nice and quiet. 2 bathrooms are clean. Kitchen is stocked. Breakfast was really good, with fruit, bread, juice and coffee. Internet didn't work in our room. Everything was good except for a party next door just outside our room and strange electronic music. Great location in the Unesco area. Staff is good, a bunch of quiet teenagers.

Nice quiet hostel in the heart of Valparaiso. Very handy for those who wish to visit this town and enjoy its nightlife. The family that lives there takes good care of the hostel and it is clean, tidy and fairly safe to leave your stuff. The only disadvantage is that it is far from the sunny beaches of Reñaca, Algarrobo etc. Viña del Mar is at only 20min by bus.

Very great hostel. I booked 2 nights & stayed 5. The staff makes you feel very welcome and helps you with anything you need. It's also in a great location in the heart of Valparaiso. The dorms are spacious and beds are comfy. The WiFi works great too.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts