Casa Fischer Hostal Reviews

Pasaje (escalera) Fischer # 37, Valparaiso, Chile

Great atmosphere and great people. Had a lot of fun there.

• 25th Jun 2015

good hostel when you like to meet people, noisy when you like to sleep at 23h. Nice kitchen

Hostel owner is helpful enough. Facilities are good and small. There aren't a ton of rooms/beds, so it doesn't really need to be much bigger. There are only two bathrooms though, so always a wait. In general though, nice location, good breakfast, nice people. Only complaint, I was wishing for better wifi!

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice with toast, butter, jam, fresh fruits and tea/coffee but unfortunately there's only one table in the main common area so get up early to find a place on the table! Bathrooms were clean, kitchen well equiped.

Very helpful staff, although limited English. Comfortable, clean beds with lockers. Location was 5-10 mins from where free walking tour goes from (recommended) and few minutes from laundry.

Lovely but small hostel in the perfect central location. Great breakfast. It got tricky at times with only 2 showers and toilets for about 20 people. Apart from that a lovely hostel in an even lovelier city.

Hostel is nice, very quiet when we went, we were the only guests! Staff don't speak much English, but easy enough to work out what to do. Location is awesome, set on a hill amongst the best streets with street art. We would suggest catching the bus from the bus station to the clock tower then following a map when arriving instead of following the directions they give you. It's much quicker!

Had only 3 other guests staying there when I was there, so atmosphere was terrible, but this is not their fault. Small homely hostel, so not great for solo backpackers but location and facilities are awesome. Also they charge people who want to hang around the hostel after checking out if they leave later for half a day, which I think is ridiculous

This hostel has clean and spacious rooms and bathrooms. The hostel was empty, with only four people staying each night, during our three night stay. Which was strange as this hostel is relatively good. Staff are usually MIA which isn't a bad thing, however, when we were waiting for our bus the staff member sat awkwardly on one couch strangely staring at us four an hour. Note: the hostel usually charge you half a day to wait around the hostel before your bus, but we weren't charged.

Lovely, small hostel in the heart of Valparaiso. Walking distance to almost all the sights. Breakfast is nice, and I was offered some on the morning I arrived even though I was only checked in for that night, so that was good. Beds are extra wide with comfy duvets. Everything is kept very clean. Not much in terms of additional facilities, but not really necessary either.

Great hostel! Great Staff! Great breakfast! Overall I enjoyed my stay very much. The reception dude with the tattoos who sketches in a note pad is a champ!

Staff was a little bit rude, not much help with orientation in valpo. Rooms are alright, bathroom is ok.

A rooftop terras would make it perfekt

We had a good time there, met nice people and enjoyed our stay!

One of the best places I ever stayed in! Breakfast was awesome! Location too! Feels like you're home! Definitely must stay in Valpo!

Great Hostel! Not so overwhelming with too many people. Good breakfast and have a well equipped kitchen!

The staff was really helpfull, since there are not to many beds you get to meet the others guests. The location is close to many key points in the city. Would stay there again.

Small hostel so easy to meet the other people staying there. Comfortable, good breakfast. Owner let me have breakfast on the morning I checked in (@8am) even though actual check in wasn't till much later.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts