Casa Grande Surf Hostel Reviews

Paseo Galo Ponte n7, El Medano, Tenerife, Spain

great location nice chilled atmosphere

VERY loud (our room was above a bar), "breakfast" = toast with jam and instant- coffee... staff was amazing, very helpfull. THANKS

• 17th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, v convenient location right near town centre and the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 17th Oct 2014

I can't understand how does this hostel get such good reviews. One would think the owners are writing them by themselves. The honest price for a mixed dorm would be 8€, not 15€ per night. It is dirty (especially the kitchen) and in our room there was barely enough air - with only half of the beds being occupied. I can not imagine how it would look like to sleep in a full room. The sheets were dirty! The drains were clogged in one of the bathrooms twice during our three-night stay. Staff was ok

I have to say this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very easy going, relaxed ambiance and helpful staff. Medano is a great place to stay in Tenerife. I loved the common rooms (the dorm rooms are nothing fancy, but comfy and mega lockers), it's all very organised and little details here and there make the stay very pleasant.

The Hostel helps really good to finde new Friends, and the staff is very very nice. Greeting Flurin

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

A home away from home : lovely hostel with good vibes and genuine spirit. Can't wait to come back. The staff is extremely dedicated and the guests are real hostelers.

Great hostel located just off the main square in el medano. One of the better small hostels I've stayed in. Free lockers, computers and wifi are very useful as was having free toast/coffee/tea in the morning. The staff were friendly and provided useful advice for things to do outside el medano. During my stay we had a couple of communal dinners with the other residents, which added to my enjoyment of the place. Guests inclined families, European tourists and wind/kite surf enthusiasts.

The location could not have been better! Not a big touristy area so you definietly get the chance to meet the locals and experience the culture! The hostel was a little too dirty for me. There was sand EVERYWHERE. The bathrooms were somewhat dingy too. The perfect stay for a surfer boy but anyone else expecting more than a bed full of sand to sleep in a hot room at night might want to look elsewhere.

A really fantastic hostel. The staff were so helpful, and very good about advice for activities. The communal atmosphere was really nice, and I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2014