Casa Grande Surf Hostel Reviews

Paseo Galo Ponte n7, El Medano, Tenerife, Spain

I had a very nice Time at the Hostel. I really liked that Nothing was missing, the Staff was very friendly and helpfull. I would always cone again to stay at this Hostel

this was a hostel with good facilities and great atmosphere in an ideal location. the staff were very pleasant and the wifi was fast. The massive downside is the hot water is non-existent if there is not enough sun as it is solar powered. I had no hot water for the evening or morning of my stay and this is unacceptable. If there are a few cloudy days, there would be no hot water. It is a health concern as people cannot even wash the dishes or their hands, let alone take a shower.

Very good place with a good and friendly staff, really enjoyed the stay..

• 25th Jan 2015

Friendly Stuff and helpful, but if there is announced breakfast from 8 o ´clock it should be ready than (after north european standard) All together we enjoyed staying...thank you

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Giuli was extremly friendly and helpful. The hostel is clean and tidy with a good breakfast (toast,jam, orange juice, muesli, cofee, tea, milk) Rooms are clean and tidy and really well maintained bathrooms and showers. The location it's in the center of El medano quite close to everything and well connected with tenerife bus airport.

Great location 1 block from the beach, El Medano is a wonderful base for Tenerife, a mix of locals and tourists with plenty of restaurants, though nightlife can be a bit quiet during the week. I had the 4 bed room on top floor - very quiet and room spacious with lockers, but 6 bed rooms on corridor and could be noisier. Nice common rooms, very easy to meet fellow travellers, kitchen could use another fridge-was so full all the time! Overall, loved it, will be back next Christmas!

The staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met! The hostel is a 30 second walk to the beach and staying there felt like I was part of one big family. I hope to return soon

• 19th Dec 2014

Excellent in every way.

• 13th Dec 2014

Good hostel with friendly staff, great location and nice atmosphere. Guests are cool too. I can recommend this hostel to anyone.

great location nice chilled atmosphere

VERY loud (our room was above a bar), "breakfast" = toast with jam and instant- coffee... staff was amazing, very helpfull. THANKS

• 17th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, v convenient location right near town centre and the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 17th Oct 2014

I can't understand how does this hostel get such good reviews. One would think the owners are writing them by themselves. The honest price for a mixed dorm would be 8€, not 15€ per night. It is dirty (especially the kitchen) and in our room there was barely enough air - with only half of the beds being occupied. I can not imagine how it would look like to sleep in a full room. The sheets were dirty! The drains were clogged in one of the bathrooms twice during our three-night stay. Staff was ok

I have to say this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very easy going, relaxed ambiance and helpful staff. Medano is a great place to stay in Tenerife. I loved the common rooms (the dorm rooms are nothing fancy, but comfy and mega lockers), it's all very organised and little details here and there make the stay very pleasant.

The Hostel helps really good to finde new Friends, and the staff is very very nice. Greeting Flurin

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

A home away from home : lovely hostel with good vibes and genuine spirit. Can't wait to come back. The staff is extremely dedicated and the guests are real hostelers.