Casa Laura Sorrento Reviews

via degli Aranci 156, Sorrento, Italy

Location was fantastic. The cafe that is the host for Casa Laura Sorrento are extremely helpful. The sheets and towels were crisp and clean however the bed spreads were not clean. The shower is extremely small and had a broken door which allowed water to go over the floor. Directions: Turn left out of train station. Turn left at intersection of train station and road. Head left up the hill do not take steps and keep going straight will run into the cafe on the left about 1000 ft.

When booking, the hostel description said ALL rooms have A/C (main reason we booked) only to arrive and find out that its not only 10 euro extra but there were no more rooms with A/C for that night. After a long argument with the rude staff, we were given a free upgrade for the next night. Also, the WiFi didn't work in the rooms, only downstairs at their bar. Huge inconvenience and not at all what the description or pictures made it out to be. Looks COMPLETELY different. Stay somewhere else.

Arrived at the property after an age of searching (it's actually another hotel with only a faded A5 sized sign on another building with an arrow pointing to a cafe which also serves as the reception). We were then told that due to a booking system error we could only stay for the first night of our 2 night stay and then we would have to move. After stating that we had booked and this wasn't good enough we were basically told tough. Hotel staff refused to refund my deposit.

• 2nd Sep 2015

I stay there for 3 nights. The shower place is suck and the water caanot go down. I asked for help on the 1st night...but finally no one gonna fixed it.....till the end....

Tina was very helpful and knowledgeable.

• 18th Sep 2014

this hotel does not receive my booking from hostelworld. i sent email one week before i arrived to the hotel to reconfirm my booking, hotel replied my email and confirm i can pay by credit card. the receiption and hotel address are different place, we carried our bag to 3rd floor, then reliase there is no one on the building, and we called the hotel many times, finally to reach them. again we need to carry our bags to the next builing for check in. The hotel receipnist can't find our booking,

Only criticism is the noise from the street. Besides that, we were very happy with the room and the staff were fantastic.

Good location - close to the train/bus station, but therefore quite loud at night. Hard to find - you have to check-in at a bar/cafe. WIFI did not work in the room and the staff were not helpful to resolve the issue.

Had a great stay! The staff was very helpful. One thing I would recommend, is give directions to the cafe for newcomers, since you have to check in there, and not at the apartment building next door. Great room, and I loved hanging out at the cafe! Thanks for a lovely time.

I stayed at Casa Laura for a week. Since I don't eat eggs the breakfast wasn't for me, because there were only croissants, doughnuts and things like that (no bread, butter and jam, for istance). But they also serve tea or coffee. The bed I had was used a lot, because I could feel the springs and the room was very noisy. Since I come from the countryside I am used to total silence in the night, but here I had a room with a view to the very busy street and the windows are not soundproof.

View all Sorrento Bed and Breakfasts