Casa Loma Minca Reviews

Entrance to the left of the church, up the stairs, Minca, Colombia

booked for one night and we stayed for five. we got very much addicted to the food. so good!! all of it... and each dinner a different meal. the pasta with the cream sauce, pumpkin, mushrooms, etc... amazing. the stairs can be a challenge at first but totally worth it. this place seems to bring in cool, laid back people. yes backpackers, and yes people on weekend getaways... the staff are so great too... friendly and helpful. the view is great and just... yes. we will be back!

Super relaxing and comfortable stay. Plenty of hammocks to swing from and the bed in the dorm room was great. They serve up incredible vegetarian food as well. The view at sunset has everyone out with their cameras. It's not hard to find, but the only caveat is that you've got a heck of an uphill climb to get there, so be prepared. Gets easier every time.

Just wonderful, awesome, beautiful (not just the view, but also the location itself with all those cosy houses set in pure nature under trees). Plus I loved the campfire in the middle one night. Just great. And good food. And cool staff.

We love Casa Loma very much. We only meant to stay for 2 nights, ended up staying 4- would've stayed longer if we had the time. Great location , stunning views , loads to do including unique experiences to the hostel. Plenty of toilets and showers- never to wait! Great food at good prices, nice communal feel- join in with the dinner times! All the staff are fantastic! get a massage from Diana- perfect after a day walking! Perfect base in Minca- truely unique hostel!

Excellent hostel buried in the Minca hills! Great vibe in the hostel and everyone's up for some having the chats. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Particularly when catering for us when a mistake was made with our reservation.

Love Casa Loma. Great atmosphere, great view. Rooms are basic and bathrooms could use some love but still an incredible time to be had. Worth the stairs for sure. Resturant offers beautiful family style meals.

A loooong way up is rewarded with a beautiful view. Don't bring your big backpacks, but come from Santa Marta with your a daypack. If you don't want to walk down to the village for dinner, they offer amazing food on most nights as well.

I had a great time at this hostel and stayed another 2 nights than I had originally planned. The highlights were definitely the amazing view and the food. I normally don't like to eat vegetarian food everyday but it was delicious. The only negative was the 4 bed dorm above the kitchen/living area being very loud at night when people are still up drinking and early in the morning when breakfast is being prepared.

I booked my room on Hostelworld three days prior to my arrival. When I got to the hostel they said they didn't have my reservation. This has never happened to me before. They also said they would reimburse the 10% deposit I left on Hostelworld. It's been more than two weeks and though I have emailed them I have yet to see that money. Very disappointing experience.

Casa Loma is in such an incredible location, the staff are friendly and helpful, and there is this wonderful vibe from the people within the hostel. There are also so many great outdoor areas to pass the time. They also offer really delicious vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner at a reasonable price. My main criticism is that it seemed a bit understaffed when I was there - one morning I waited an hour for breakfast and everyone seemed really rushed. Also, the kitchen is for staff only.

Well, it would of been quite nice to be able to have a coffee a little bit earlier than 0:800, the time breakfast starts. The food prepared by the staff was really good, especially how everything is carried up the big hill. I mean, fresh grapes with the fruit salad and granola - amazing. Staff, especially the French speaking girls 😉 were very kind, helpful, & happy, with awesome smiles! If you stay here, make sure you read the folder - lots of helpful hints. A very chilled place.

Very chilled out, relaxed atmosphere. Nice food. Amazing sunset views :)

• 14th Jun 2015