Casa Loma Minca Reviews

Entrance to the left of the church, up the stairs, Minca, Colombia

Evening meal very high quality. Something a little different than rice / arepa and meat and very tasty too. Hats off to the chef. Staff very willing to help organise activities (for myself and overheard for others too).

Casa Loma is quite beauitful! It could benefit from proper mosquito nets in the dorms - I got eaten alive at night! and better coffee - there are coffee farms right there, why am I paying for Instant coffee?! It's a work in progress.

We loved Casa Loma! We even booked 2 nights extra! It's relaxing, charming, beautiful and has the best food we've had in the Sta Marta region by a mile (cooked either by the owner or volunteers with cooking skills, and it's very well priced). We stayed in 3 different rooms and if you're a couple, stay at the Mirador room (you get your own balcony overlooking the sunset). There's no kitchen but you can use the fridge, and no wifi. The steps leading up are tiring so pack light. Great experience!!

This place has a really nice feel, allowing you to really relax. They make yummy good value meals when you can't be bothered with the hill. Their forest cinema, yoga classes and camp fires are all nice additions. My only whinge is that they didn't deduct my booking deposit because I decided to change from a dorm to a hammock upon checking in (even though hammocks were not an option when I made the booking).

A really lovely place to stay in Minca. We stayed in the casa lucas dorm, which was a perfect setting up in the treeline. The staff were great. The only negative is the food. It's cooked by the hostel volunteers and unfortunately it ranges between "not great" and "okay". That wouldn't matter that much if it was cheap or the portions were big . I think only having veggie food is a good idea, but it needs to be good. Also with food like arepa there is clearly a skill to it

Very relaxed hostel. Beautiful surroundings, amazing view from the hostel because it's on a hill. The food they serve was very nice as well. Loved the hammocks. Great place to relax for a few days!