• Entrance to the left of the church, up the stairs, Minca, Colombia

8.7
Fabulous 92 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 92 Total Reviews
Casa Loma Minca Located at Entrance to the left of the church, up the stairs, , Minca.
Colombia
Minca Minca Entrance to the left of the church, up the stairs
87% 92
11.1419399 -74.1189622
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 31-40
18th Aug 2016

An amazing hostel. Luxury camping in gorgeous wooden cabins and delicious vegetarian food each night.

• France, Female, 31-40
12th Aug 2016

Fantastic hostel with really friendly staff! The view from the hostel is amazing and the food just delicious! Shame I stayed only 2 days! Thank you Casa Loma for making me feel at home from the moment I arrived!

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Aug 2016

A perfect spot on the mountain just above Minca. It is a bit of a trek up the steps with bags but totally worth it if you are fit and able! The view is amazing and I loved how they served delicious dinners in a family style every night - especially great for solo travellers to meet others. No wifi also makes for extra social and relaxed atmosphere. I stayed in the treehouse dorm which was surprisingly well kitted out with built in lockers and 'pod' style bunks with mosquito net, lamp and point.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

Its strange to even call this a hostel, it's more like a summer camp. An amazing summer camp. Friendly staff, great food, perfect location. If anyone is looking for a chill time hanging out in a beautiful location and meeting great people this is the place for you. However if you want a party book Casa elemento instead. However I HIGHLY recommend you go with Casa Loma. You won't regret it. I stayed in a dorm and it was perfect. Plugs and light at each bed.

1st Aug 2016

This hostel is very amazing--a unique spot, fun vibes, and delicious vegetarian food. However, as a successful hostel with a big appeal, I was surprised by a few things that could be improved. There wasn't any soap for washing hands in any of the bathrooms. Please advertise "soapless" bathrooms so guests can come prepared. Also, when you don't provide a kitchen, the least you could do is offer breakfast for free. Finally, we were charged more than hostelworld said we owed, not explained well.

26th Jul 2016

Casa loma was they best hostel experience I had over the three weeks I spent in Colombia. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was delicious and it had a great atmosphere overall. I would definitely recommend.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
30th Jun 2016

My partner & I had such a wonderful time at Casa Loma Minca, we easily could have stayed for several days more! We initially booked 2 nights but as soon as we arrived we changed it to 3. Minca was such a beautiful little mountain village and Casa Loma a beautiful retreat up the hill. It was a little hike to get up there but 100% worth it, you feel like you have escaped to a magical get-a-away. The views were so beautiful I could sit looking out for hours. Staff friendly & food amazingly delish!

26th Jun 2016
5.7

Pros: scenic view and very friendly staff. Cons: Our "private" room was much more a tiny rustic hut with no doors in a wild environnement: in the bed, I found 3 spiders and 2 other insects on our sheets + the bed cover was wet due to a strong shower. Recommendation: deploy the plastic sheets to prevent the bed from getting wet, put the mosquito net after changing sheets and call it SEMI-private (the next morning some hippie dudes were taking pictures from our "private" balcony).

23rd Jun 2016

Awesome location and very welcoming and helpful staff. The buildings are really cool and the whole place has a chill vibe. Enjoyed the family-style dinners and all the food was excellent. Definitely recommend to stay a few days here and relax while in Minca.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2016

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff are fantastic, the food is incredible and the view is phenomenal. It's so relaxing and definitely one of the best sleeps I've had in a long time