Casa Loma Minca Reviews

Entrance to the left of the church, up the stairs, Minca, Colombia

Casa Loma is in such an incredible location, the staff are friendly and helpful, and there is this wonderful vibe from the people within the hostel. There are also so many great outdoor areas to pass the time. They also offer really delicious vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner at a reasonable price. My main criticism is that it seemed a bit understaffed when I was there - one morning I waited an hour for breakfast and everyone seemed really rushed. Also, the kitchen is for staff only.

Well, it would of been quite nice to be able to have a coffee a little bit earlier than 0:800, the time breakfast starts. The food prepared by the staff was really good, especially how everything is carried up the big hill. I mean, fresh grapes with the fruit salad and granola - amazing. Staff, especially the French speaking girls 😉 were very kind, helpful, & happy, with awesome smiles! If you stay here, make sure you read the folder - lots of helpful hints. A very chilled place.

Very chilled out, relaxed atmosphere. Nice food. Amazing sunset views :)

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Very friendly workers and owner. Breakfast was good and the family style dinner looked good (if a tad overpriced) although didn't eat there myself. Booked through hostel world - more expensive way of staying there! Instead book directly through their website for belter value hammocks, dorm, doubles. Nice nighttime bonfire, happy hour cocktails etc. would recommend, just be prepared for a 5 minute hike up!

The views are stunning and this hostel is super laid back and relaxing. My friend and I did the bike tour to Santa Marta that they suggested and absolutely loved it!! The thing about this place is the food!! It is amazing!! I wish I could have had ten meals there. Yum yum

Utterly disappointed. Left for 2 hours until the 3rd time I asked if beds were ready. Was told to "calm down" by rude reception staff, maybe she should of listened and not interrupted. Beds were okay, new muzzy mets are great but you can't reach lamp or plug. Cocktails and view over sunset makes it. Not likely to recommend.

Amazing hostel. We went to Minca just to stay at ths hostel as we had heard such good things and it did not disappoint. Sunset cocktails on the terrace made the stay worth it. Its a hard hike up the stairs to get to the hostel but worth it when you arrive. If you can just take a light backpack with you. I have a big case on wheels and there is no way we could have got it up the hill....and the only way to get there is to walk...no cars.

Such a beautiful spot - the ultimate place to escape to for a few days.

Hostel was OK. Food was not awsome. Staff was not great. Location is good, not in the chaotic center, a bit far from the noise.

I dont have a bad word to say! This place is magical! Staff were amazingly friendly, the location is incredible and the food is fantastic and quite cheap! We saved a lot of money and it was very relaxing :)