Casa Micol Reviews

Via XXVII Aprile 4, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

The room was nice and clean, bigger than what I expected. You have to go to a different hotel to check in there will be a sign on the door. The check in front desk probably wasn't my favorite person but the rest of the staff was nice. The internet was weak in my room, it could be because of the thick walls. It’s a 10 minute walk from the s.m train station.

We enjoyed our stay here. Casa Micol is in a great spot, close to the city centre of Florence, transport, restaurants, cafés etc. The hostel is run from a Hotel around the corner, this was no issue for us. The entry looks rather run down and had a bad odour, however our room was spotlesly clean and we slept well (even in the August heat) with the fan provided. The wifi also worked well. Would recomend this place to someone looking for affordable accomodation, not expecting the taj mahal!

The hostel wasn't what we expected at all...We wondered if it was really a hostel...Smelly room, Too much noise on the street, very poor facilities (an old lift that wasn't safe at all, a fan that probably dated back to the 90s...) sheets weren't even changed once during our stay.Only positive aspect: the view on a part of the Duomo and the Campanile...

Very friendly staff.

Thank you very much. Edy :-)

It's so dirty, and so noisy at night. Not to mention from 5 plugs in the room, only one works... and the guard does not stay in the same building, whenever you need anything you have to go to 5 buildings ahead. and when I need hot water I have to walk outside the building like 5 buildings because there is no facilities of hot water. Although the guard is friendly.

I got severe bed bugs from Casa Micol! if you can overlook that then it's not a bad place, a bit run down mostly and the wifi only works next to the lift in the staircase... Not in your room. Probably wouldn't recommend

• 28th Jun 2013

When I got to the hostel, the owners/managers weren't there and we were directed to a nice (but tired) lady who was managing the property for them. When we went inside we were informed that there was no A/C, the toilet didn't work, and the air was stagnant. We soon found out they have a HUGE mosquito problem. Since the owners were gone, there was no one to fix it. There was no way to leave the window closed (otherwise it'd get really hot) but then that let in mosquitoes. Would not go back. Ever.

The hostel owner gave our room away prior to our 4:00pm arrival after having a room confirmation via email. We were stranded in Florence with no room. The owner barely apologized. It was our worst travel experience during our 2 week trip. We wasted a train ticket to Florence and had to travel to Bologna to find a room. I'm sure the room was nice but we never saw it. Strongly recommend speaking with the hostel well in advance of your stay and good luck.

I don't really like this hostel, although everything was fine during my stay there, but the wifi, the elevator were not so reliable. However the staff there were friendly and helpful.

• 16th Jun 2013
  • China

Good location but very very very noisy. We felt that we were sleeping ON the street. I had my ear plugs on but woke up 5 am every single morning! There were no stuff, no common space or even a reception desk. Not mention receiving any help about planning the trips.

The hostel is so difficult to find, I spent almost one and a half hour to find the hostel. The building is old and very dark inside. The room is not clean, and there are many mosquitoes in the room, it is so disgusting and uncomfortable. It was really the worst living experience that I have ever had.

• 6th Jun 2013
  • China

Had a great stay at casa micol, the view from the room was amazing and the staff were lovely. The only downside was that the street was quite noisy, which might bother you if you're a light sleeper.

Great place to stay in Florence. My room was much better than I was expecting and had a cathedral view! The place was a little hard to find at first as you enter through a very unassuming door, but just look at the building numbers and it's all good.

Terrible place. Terrible beds. Lousy bathroom. I don't recommend this place to anybody. They have to improve as soon as possible.

Had a great location, right next to a wine bar and the piazza. Very nice staff but conditions were limited. I enjoyed my stay

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts