Casa Nativa Hostel Reviews

Calle Tumbamuertos 38 - 65 Barrio San Diego, Cartagena, Colombia

I have nothing negative to say about this hostel what so ever. Great experience, if I ever go back to cartegena this will be the hostel that I will look to book first!

• 6th May 2015

I felt like I was at home at Casa Nativa. The staff are amazing and very helpful. I can't wait to stay there again

• 23rd Apr 2015

Great location, small kitchen. A nice quiet hostel.

Nice hostel, clean, good location, away from the mental party hostels! Good security and the female reception staff was very friendly, informative and spoke good English!

Great location, it is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Cartagena. It's a more traditional and tranquil part of the city, away from the craziness of tourist bars. There are plenty of nice restaurants nearby.

Good points are the location, the air con in the rooms ( but only switched on at night), the staff are very friendly and speak excellent English. Not so great things, the showers have hardly any space to change, no hooks, dorms very cramped, lockers on top bunks really hard to access/ put full bag in. Overall a decent hostel and I would probably stay here again.

Great location, and good lockers for valuables, but not much else positive to say. The staff are pretty disinterested and facilities (shower, WC etc) were really poor. The showers in particular are dirty, full of people's old wash stuff and are about the same size as a postage stamp. Do yourself a favour and stay at One Day Hostel. A bit further from central but so much better.

Good location good internet comfy and helpful staff

Small hostel in old city walls. Not a great atmosphere overall and too expensive for what you get.

Casa Nativa is a very nice hostel, nothing we could complain about! Spending the night there was quite expensive compared to other cities, but it wasn't of the most expensive we found. It's hard to get something cheap in Cartagena, especially at the time we went there. Rooms, beds, bathrooms were nice; nice kitchen, access to internet and computer. Recommended!

Terrible Un-friendly unknoledgable staff. Air-conditioning doesn't turn on until 11pm and shuts off before I was even awake at 8am. Bathrooms are cramped and absolutely filthy mould on walls and showers. BED BUGS. Staff always occupy the TV area. Never greeted, nor a merry Christmas on Christmas day by anyone. Spend some money and by some new pillows guys come on. No where to sit. Wifi never works upstairs. No bar, no free breakfast, Don't waste your time or money here here go to el vajero.

This place has a brilliant atmosphere and the staff were great. The kitchen was not so clean but I just didn't use it the eight bed dorm is best as the lockers are at the end of your bed and the framework was sturdy,the 4 bed was just two bunk beds. I would stay here again because I had a blast but it's not a quiet getaway kind of place nor is it a party hostel. However you quickly feel like apart of the Nativa family and they give you a map along with a lot of directions and advice. Great place

Amazing stay at Casa Nativa! The staff opened there arms to is like family and for the ten days we were in Cartagena Casa Nativa felt like home. The environment is very relaxed and the hostel is in the perfect neighborhood- quiet but very close to everything! I will definitely be back and recommend Casa Nativa to all!

• 6th Dec 2014