Casa Nostra Reviews

Calle Marcos Sanchez Diaz, Livingston, Guatemala

Stuart and the staff at Casa Nostra are incredibly kind and helpful--when he got my booking, he sent me a personal email asking if I needed help figuring out how to get there! There are only a few rooms, and one shared bathroom, but all the rooms are clean and comfy and I rarely had to wait for the bathroom. The backyard is great, there are hammocks and tables sitting right next to the ocean. I highly recommend eating there too, especially the stuffed french toast!

I loved it! I stayed 6 days and would love to have stayed much longer with Stuart, who is owner/manager/chef, and his lovely wife Soledad. The accommodation is basic with superb cuisine. If you have never tried Stuart's 'Fruit-filled, French toast' for breakfast - well! You haven't lived!! Wi Fi is 24/7 and the hotel is close to all amenities. Stuart gives informed, partial advice - always pleasant and helpful. The garden is the dining-room and is necessarily shaded. You have splendid views

Stuart and Soledad are fabuous hosts. They really helped with travel suggestions and arrangements. They made every effort to be sure I was enjoying my time. I felt like I was part of their family. The food is great at Casa Nostra too. Theonly drawback is that everybody shares one bathroom, but the positives far outweigh that minor inconvenience

• 19th Jan 2014

My daughter and I had a wonderful stay at Casa Nostra, and the owners were just awesome. The restaurant is second to none as far as serving fresh, quality meals. Stuart is able to buy directly from the local fisherman and you must try their signature shrimp and calamari pizza, they make their own pizza dough daily. There are a small number of rooms but it works to create the intimate setting that you experience. I only wish we could have stayed longer but would definitely stay here again.

As written in other reviews here, I can confirm that the food is outstanding (check out the shrimp pizza!).... but for me the biggest selling point of this place is Stuart. A natural host with a genuine passion for what he does and clearly doing what he does for all of the right reasons. You really feel like a spoilt guest in his home.

View all Livingston Bed and Breakfasts