Casa Quimbaya Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle 16N # 14-92, Armenia, Colombia

I loved this hostel. Cozy and friendly. Bring earplugs as you can hear noise from the bar at night but otherwise a great space. Walking distance to groceries, shops, and restaurants.

I liked this hostel and cannot think of anything that I did not like, the staff were very helpful and nice to deal with.

Casa Quimbaya was a really nice place to stay at in Armenia. The staff was super friendly and happy to assist you whenever necessary. Definitely recommend this place!

Great place with great staff and a super restaurant / bar. We had an awesome time :)

There is no window in a dorm

Stayed only one night. Funky dorm with lovely mural but no windows. In the ceiling there were some type of openings to outside, but they were annoying in the morning when the sun shone right in. Wonderful other areas though.

Good place but the doorbell is way too loud, it can be heard throughout the entire hostel and wake you up at any time that people may come back. Also despite the hostel's policy of no noise after 12:00 a.m the staff was often up washing clothes until about 2:00 a.m, very annoying since I stayed in the room right beside the kitchen.

Stayed three nights at Casa Quimbaya. Echoing other reviews, the staff are VERY friendly and helpful. Location is convenient, though surrounding restaurants are mainly fast-food. CQ's restaurant has tasty food (a bit pricey) and great music (live and recorded). The main downside - the facilities. Had a private room with windows that were blocked by styrofoam, making it dark and stuffy (and a fire hazard?). The double bed foam mattress was AWFULLY soft; shower water got cold at peak time.

• 25th Nov 2014

We only stayed one night, in a double bedroom. It was ok. Nice Hostel, nice staff.

The staff is amazing the two brothers are sweet

This place is a cool hostel. Unfortunately, it is in a city where there's not a whole lot to do and not a whole lot of people coming through looking to stay in a hostel...at least not in October. But worth the night and I suggest going to Buenavista for a coffee tour or just have a cup of coffe at Cafe San Alberto's.

This was a pretty good hostel to stay at, not amazing but it did the trick. They have live music and a bar downstairs wed-saturday, which was definitely a plus. The biggest downside is to be honest, there isn't much to do in Armenia. I would recommend staying somewhere else in the coffee region, like Salento instead, a close hour long trip away, which is off the beaten path and home to a beautiful hike with the tallest palm trees in the world.

The owners and the rest of the staff at Casa Quimbaya hostel really made me feel like part of family. Truly warm and kind people. The Casa Quimbaya Cafe had amazing food, great cocktails, live music and friendly / welcoming staff. I would recommend this hostel to all and I will hopefully return again one day. Thank you for everything.

Thank you for your nice comments about our hostel. We are so glad that we get to meet people like you. We hope we can see you around sometime. We wish you the best luck on your trip! Casa Quimbaya Backpackers Hostel Team

Only one shower at this hostel! Dorm had no window and it was quite hot without a fan or a/c. It also lacked power points to charge your electronics in the room.

I felt like at home. The room and the bed was excellent, people was so kind, the bar and the Band is fantastic.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The staff deserves an A for the knowledge and customer service. Great services throughout. Kudos to the coffee shop staff for their service. We were a group of seven in a family and the staff made our stay pleasant. Thank you for your hospitality.

Lovely hostel, great staff!

Very friendly environment and staff. Close to Skyblue salsa bar. $7000 to and from the bus terminal. Felt safe and enjoyed meeting foreign and local people at the inside the hostel. Very nice!

Casa Quimbaya has excellent staff and the hostel is always very clean. There is easy access to public transportation. My visit to Casa Quimbaya was most enjoyable and I hope to return there.

Security was appalling. Numbers of people were wandering around making loud noise, even knocking on doors and staff didn't attempt to control the behaviour. The door to my room opened without a key if I presses the door. I informed the staff of this. I also informed them they needed to install proper lockers. This was apparent when I undid my lock and one of the screw in bars holding the lock simply fell to the floor.