Casa Quimbaya Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle 16N # 14-92, Armenia, Colombia

Only one shower at this hostel! Dorm had no window and it was quite hot without a fan or a/c. It also lacked power points to charge your electronics in the room.

I felt like at home. The room and the bed was excellent, people was so kind, the bar and the Band is fantastic.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The staff deserves an A for the knowledge and customer service. Great services throughout. Kudos to the coffee shop staff for their service. We were a group of seven in a family and the staff made our stay pleasant. Thank you for your hospitality.

Lovely hostel, great staff!

Very friendly environment and staff. Close to Skyblue salsa bar. $7000 to and from the bus terminal. Felt safe and enjoyed meeting foreign and local people at the inside the hostel. Very nice!

Casa Quimbaya has excellent staff and the hostel is always very clean. There is easy access to public transportation. My visit to Casa Quimbaya was most enjoyable and I hope to return there.

Security was appalling. Numbers of people were wandering around making loud noise, even knocking on doors and staff didn't attempt to control the behaviour. The door to my room opened without a key if I presses the door. I informed the staff of this. I also informed them they needed to install proper lockers. This was apparent when I undid my lock and one of the screw in bars holding the lock simply fell to the floor.

This is one of the best places I have ever stayed!! Location is amazing. Staff is super friendly and helpful. They will even wash and fold your clothes for only $7.50 (USD). The cafe downstairs has great food and drinks for a very afforadable price. Its a great place to chill and watch the people at the university. If you are a single guy like me and brush up on your espanol then you could find a wife walking down the sidewalk!! Im not joking!!! I love this place and am looking forward to return

Thank you very much for your opinion, it is very important to us that you enjoy your stay at the hostel so we hope you come back soon.

very friendly staff!

Thank you very much for your opinion, it is very important for us. We hope you come back soon. Sergio

Great little cafe, helpful staff, we really enjoyed our time at Quimbaya.

Thank you very much for your comments, we are so glad you have enjoyed your stay at the hostel, hope you come back soon. Sergio

It's easy to get to by bus . 1 block away from a main Street with Bus Routes, Restaurants, many services. The Hostel has a Bar/Restaurant on site with live Music certain nights. The staff-Carsten, Leandro etc were very friendly & helpful.

Thank you very much for your opinion, we are glad you have enjoyed your stay at the hostel. We hope you come back soon.

One of the best Hostel in Armenia, Colombia. Owner Diana Bautista is there to make sure all you need been accommodated. Great live Music almost every nigh of the week in the cafe. nice Coffee and Breakfast. clean and warm atmosphere.Carsten Blomenkamp is really helpful. GREAT recomendation.. Thank you. WE will be BACK...

Thank you so much, your opinions are really important to us and also we are really glad you have enjoyed your stay. We wil waiting for you soon.

Nice hostel located at a nice neighborhood in Armenia

Gracias por tu valoración!!! me  alegra que te guste el barrio, Hemos disfrutado de su estancia aquí. Te esperamos de regreso. -Ceci

Hostel looks nice when you enter. I stayed in dorm 3, which has 5 single beds. Didn't appreciate the loud noise the metal door made, or the soft mattresses, but it's not too bad for a night or two. To be honest, I would have felt better about the staff if they would actually have taken the effort to contact me back over a bracelet I lost a couple of hours earlier :( Don't know if the girls working there really care about the guests...However, clean bathrooms, tv, kitchen; quite a decent hostel.

Thank you very much for your comments, it is very important to us in order to keep improving everyday. hope you come back soon.

Good hostel at at a good location, near to restaurants, to a shopping mall and a supermarket. The only problem was the noise at the private dorm we stayed, which was located in front of an important avenue. If you book there, ask for an internal room to avoid this noisy problem.

I also work at the hostel reception, and you can trust my review!!!! Yo también trabajo en un hostal como una recepcionista, pueden contar mi revisión (disculpe mi español) I only stayed just for 1 night, but all of the staffs were really helpful and friendly. The place was really clean and in good woody mood with guests playing guitar etc. Night there was very quiet and even though I was in 6 dorm, I could sleep well.

• 4th Apr 2012
  • Japan

Excellent hostel. Very clean, great facilities and a good location to eating, drinking and is safe. The staff have a tonne of information and are ready to give it :) I enjoyed my time there a lot and definately the better place to stay here in Armenia! While youre here, eat at Mr. Arepa and say the Australian sent you... a lovely couple also ready to give out advice on the area and help you out :) Saludos Armenia!