Casa Quimbaya Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle 16N # 14-92, Armenia, Colombia

We only stayed one night, in a double bedroom. It was ok. Nice Hostel, nice staff.

The staff is amazing the two brothers are sweet

This place is a cool hostel. Unfortunately, it is in a city where there's not a whole lot to do and not a whole lot of people coming through looking to stay in a hostel...at least not in October. But worth the night and I suggest going to Buenavista for a coffee tour or just have a cup of coffe at Cafe San Alberto's.

This was a pretty good hostel to stay at, not amazing but it did the trick. They have live music and a bar downstairs wed-saturday, which was definitely a plus. The biggest downside is to be honest, there isn't much to do in Armenia. I would recommend staying somewhere else in the coffee region, like Salento instead, a close hour long trip away, which is off the beaten path and home to a beautiful hike with the tallest palm trees in the world.

The owners and the rest of the staff at Casa Quimbaya hostel really made me feel like part of family. Truly warm and kind people. The Casa Quimbaya Cafe had amazing food, great cocktails, live music and friendly / welcoming staff. I would recommend this hostel to all and I will hopefully return again one day. Thank you for everything.

Thank you for your nice comments about our hostel. We are so glad that we get to meet people like you. We hope we can see you around sometime. We wish you the best luck on your trip! Casa Quimbaya Backpackers Hostel Team

Only one shower at this hostel! Dorm had no window and it was quite hot without a fan or a/c. It also lacked power points to charge your electronics in the room.

I felt like at home. The room and the bed was excellent, people was so kind, the bar and the Band is fantastic.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The staff deserves an A for the knowledge and customer service. Great services throughout. Kudos to the coffee shop staff for their service. We were a group of seven in a family and the staff made our stay pleasant. Thank you for your hospitality.

Lovely hostel, great staff!

Very friendly environment and staff. Close to Skyblue salsa bar. $7000 to and from the bus terminal. Felt safe and enjoyed meeting foreign and local people at the inside the hostel. Very nice!

Casa Quimbaya has excellent staff and the hostel is always very clean. There is easy access to public transportation. My visit to Casa Quimbaya was most enjoyable and I hope to return there.

Security was appalling. Numbers of people were wandering around making loud noise, even knocking on doors and staff didn't attempt to control the behaviour. The door to my room opened without a key if I presses the door. I informed the staff of this. I also informed them they needed to install proper lockers. This was apparent when I undid my lock and one of the screw in bars holding the lock simply fell to the floor.

This is one of the best places I have ever stayed!! Location is amazing. Staff is super friendly and helpful. They will even wash and fold your clothes for only $7.50 (USD). The cafe downstairs has great food and drinks for a very afforadable price. Its a great place to chill and watch the people at the university. If you are a single guy like me and brush up on your espanol then you could find a wife walking down the sidewalk!! Im not joking!!! I love this place and am looking forward to return

Thank you very much for your opinion, it is very important to us that you enjoy your stay at the hostel so we hope you come back soon.

very friendly staff!

Thank you very much for your opinion, it is very important for us. We hope you come back soon. Sergio

Great little cafe, helpful staff, we really enjoyed our time at Quimbaya.

Thank you very much for your comments, we are so glad you have enjoyed your stay at the hostel, hope you come back soon. Sergio

It's easy to get to by bus . 1 block away from a main Street with Bus Routes, Restaurants, many services. The Hostel has a Bar/Restaurant on site with live Music certain nights. The staff-Carsten, Leandro etc were very friendly & helpful.

Thank you very much for your opinion, we are glad you have enjoyed your stay at the hostel. We hope you come back soon.

One of the best Hostel in Armenia, Colombia. Owner Diana Bautista is there to make sure all you need been accommodated. Great live Music almost every nigh of the week in the cafe. nice Coffee and Breakfast. clean and warm atmosphere.Carsten Blomenkamp is really helpful. GREAT recomendation.. Thank you. WE will be BACK...

Thank you so much, your opinions are really important to us and also we are really glad you have enjoyed your stay. We wil waiting for you soon.

Nice hostel located at a nice neighborhood in Armenia

Gracias por tu valoración!!! me  alegra que te guste el barrio, Hemos disfrutado de su estancia aquí. Te esperamos de regreso. -Ceci

Hostel looks nice when you enter. I stayed in dorm 3, which has 5 single beds. Didn't appreciate the loud noise the metal door made, or the soft mattresses, but it's not too bad for a night or two. To be honest, I would have felt better about the staff if they would actually have taken the effort to contact me back over a bracelet I lost a couple of hours earlier :( Don't know if the girls working there really care about the guests...However, clean bathrooms, tv, kitchen; quite a decent hostel.

Thank you very much for your comments, it is very important to us in order to keep improving everyday. hope you come back soon.

Good hostel at at a good location, near to restaurants, to a shopping mall and a supermarket. The only problem was the noise at the private dorm we stayed, which was located in front of an important avenue. If you book there, ask for an internal room to avoid this noisy problem.