Casa San Ildefonso

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
23rd Jun 2017
8.0

receptionist was very unfriendly. We've been shown our rooms though by a very friendly guy who also watched the door at nighttime. The building is very beautiful and clean and calm. Breakfast is ok. Wifi and atmosphere could be better.

18th Jun 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Casa San Ildefonso. The location is conveniently in the historic center, very close to el Zócalo and its metro station. I felt safe walking back to Casa San Ildefonso from el Zócalo at night. The staff was kind and welcoming. They not only called a taxi for my departure my accompanied me to the corner, helping me with my luggage and chatting with me as we waited. The room was small but clean and the perfect amount of space for me. The common areas were enjoyable too.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2017

Lovely quiet place to come back to after a busy day sightseeing. Chirping birdies and water feature in the patio area made for lovely tranquil vibes. The cold showers were not fun though :-/

27th May 2017
8.0

Good place, good location if you're trying to be in that area. I would recommend two nights here and then head on over to Roma or Condesa. Rooms were really big and had good places to put your bags and even a locker to hang clothes and lock things up. Did get really hot and no fan was provided. Bed was pretty uncomfortable. Public space is really nice! Had no wifi in our room. We were on 2nd floor towards the back. I like the curfew for the courtyard because it kept it quiet at night

• Newavedave
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th May 2017
7.7

A decent place in a great location, but our individual room had no window or fan so we had to sleep with the door open, inviting mosquitoes in. Lackluster facilities and many people sharing the bathroom, unless you use the very large bathroom downstairs with no warm water.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017

I could not give a higher review for Casa San Ildefonso. It was an amazing place to stay in Mexico City. It feels like a sanctuary; is quiet, beautiful and safe. At the same time it is close to numerous attractions and you can spend hours wandering around the surrounding streets. The staff are incredibly courteous and helpful. The front desk staff were very understanding and put up with my terrible broken Spanish! If I return to Mexico City I will most certainly stay at Casa San Ildefonso.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd May 2017

We only stayed here for one night as a stop over, and we were very impressed. It was 30mins taxi in peak hour and 15minutes non peak from airport. The hostel is very clean, good facilities in a cute building. Good wifi, lovely staff (minimal English but can get by without Spanish) and big rooms. Location is great as can walk around downtown sites easily and felt very safe. This is certainly not a party hostel and is very quiet, however this is what we were after!

• rtenne4192
  • USA, Female, 25-30
13th Apr 2017
7.7

Overall we had a positive stay at Casa San Ildefonso, but it took a little bit. We paid for a private double room and were given room #12. There was a couple staying right above us and we couldn't sleep well for two nights because we could hear EVERYTHING above us. We heard toilet flushing, walking, shower, even people snoring. When we finally moved to a different room the staff member said 'you're lucky we're not charging you extra for the new room', which I didn't appreciate.

10th Apr 2017

I had a very pleasurable stay here at the Casa. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff and central location. A five minute walk to Zocalo yet as quiet as can be.

5th Apr 2017

3 minutes from zocolo sq and metro/taxis and all historic centre, staff were amazing, helpful and kind. Breakfast a bit poor for the money here but really beautiful courtyard and lounges, clean good dorms, would recommend