Casa San Ildefonso Reviews

San Ildefonso #38, Mexico City, Mexico

Very close to downtown Mexico City. Staff was not that helpful and excited at arrival.. Breakfast was simple but ok!

The person who was on staff when we arrived was not at all welcoming which tainted my feeling of the place. However, subsequent staff were quite friendly and the other guests we met at breakfast were also.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

Really beautiful 5 bed dorm, spaced out and locker and shelves for your gear. Beautiful courtyard, felt really safe and relaxed and homely in this hostel

It was such a good place. Host family is so nice their food is great and very nice!!!! I thought i was in my friends house. Its a bit of walk to the centro but its worth it beacuse its a close distance to the bus terminal too.

Beautiful building and very clean facilities. The beds are very comfortable.

No hot water.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • India

Really likes this place. The streets are not so safe after dark but that is the whole of the historical district and no comment on the hostel. Highly recommended - everything exceeded expectations

• 27th Dec 2015

It's a few minutes walking to the Zócalo. Comfortable. No light in beds, neither outlets to plug your phone or laptop. The place is fine. Towel and breakfast are included.

CSI was a great place to stay at. Friendly, multilingual office staff. Very clean bathroom facilities and rooms. I stayed in a private twin room which was very spacious, and well maintained. The negative: The curtains were a bit see through from the outside, so it was "not so" private. Also, things echo on the property. From neighbors locking/unlocking, opening/closing their door, even walking/talking echoed. Saturday night, very loud music was playing past 2am (not from CSI).

Fantastic hostal! Amazing, helpful staff and a great location. Nice rooms, hot water, decent breakfast, beautiful court yard and very safe. I would stay there again and recommend it to everyone.

Great Hostel, very well located and with the friendly staff!! the night porter Enrique Its Its the nicest person!!

Great location in the heart of Centro Historico, and easy to reach from the airport by taking the MetroBus line 4, getting off at Republica de Argentina and just walking around the corner. Beautiful building, both inside and outside, and the rooms are very well cleaned. The courtyard is great. Staff is super friendly and helpful. This is our second stay and we'd love to stay again.

I checked into the hostel with no problems, was greeted by a nice gentleman who showed me the map and areas to visit and not to visit. The rooms are fantastic! Large rooms, hot water super clean! My problem arose when i realised i had been mugged from whilst sleeping from my 'roommate.' I canceled my remaining two nights as didn't feel safe but couldn't get refunded because I paid on card according to the woman at reception. I just feel there was no help and reassurance to recorrect my problem.

• 24th Oct 2015

It exceeded our expectations ! The best and safe location close to the Zocalo. Wonderful place to meet travelers from all over the world. The room was awesome and the breakfast certainly ample. I will definitely stay there again.... Looking forward to it already!

• 22nd Oct 2015

This is a beautiful colonial hostel! Felt transported back in time. Unfortunately as a young women traveling alone and hoping to explore the nightlife in Mexico City this is not the best part of town to come home to once the sun sets. My local Mexican friends, uber drivers, and even the security guard suggested not walking alone in this area of town after 8/9pm. Just FYI if you are traveling alone!

• 14th Oct 2015

I stayed here October 2015 and can say it was a pleasure, and probably the nicest hostel i have stayed in. I arrived hours before check in but my room was ready & i was kindly allowed in. The room was great, as were to toilet and shower facilities and the security gate was manned 24/7 and i always felt safe here. There is free wi fi & the staff were very friendly & helpful. The hostel is very tidy and is in a great location, just 5 mins from Zocalo. I can highly recommend staying here.

• 6th Oct 2015

I stayed with two friends and we liked the place very much. We shared two spacious rooms and a comfortable bathroom with hot water any time of the day. The common places with a nice atmosphere invite to get in touch with other tourists. wifi is poor in some places with further distanced from the entrance but there is enough place to get some privacy with good reception.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Uruguay

Relatively more expensive but very roomy (no bunk beds) and the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the courtyard is lovely. There are many common areas for people to hang out, and although most tenants are young adults, the hostel has a more mature social atmosphere where people sleep early and don't bring parties back. All the staff have been very nice. It's really a lovely place to live. The only complaint I have is the bathroom should be modernized and the low water pressure fixed.

That was the quietest place I have ever stayed at in Mexico City. WOW! We liked that you were on a pedestrian street and next door to such a great coffee shop. We loved the heavy rain, but it was nice to be able to eat in the rooms off the courtyards.

• 13th Aug 2015