Casa San Ildefonso

Fabulous 259 Total Reviews
Fabulous 259 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017

I could not give a higher review for Casa San Ildefonso. It was an amazing place to stay in Mexico City. It feels like a sanctuary; is quiet, beautiful and safe. At the same time it is close to numerous attractions and you can spend hours wandering around the surrounding streets. The staff are incredibly courteous and helpful. The front desk staff were very understanding and put up with my terrible broken Spanish! If I return to Mexico City I will most certainly stay at Casa San Ildefonso.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd May 2017

We only stayed here for one night as a stop over, and we were very impressed. It was 30mins taxi in peak hour and 15minutes non peak from airport. The hostel is very clean, good facilities in a cute building. Good wifi, lovely staff (minimal English but can get by without Spanish) and big rooms. Location is great as can walk around downtown sites easily and felt very safe. This is certainly not a party hostel and is very quiet, however this is what we were after!

• rtenne4192
  • USA, Female, 25-30
13th Apr 2017
7.7

Overall we had a positive stay at Casa San Ildefonso, but it took a little bit. We paid for a private double room and were given room #12. There was a couple staying right above us and we couldn't sleep well for two nights because we could hear EVERYTHING above us. We heard toilet flushing, walking, shower, even people snoring. When we finally moved to a different room the staff member said 'you're lucky we're not charging you extra for the new room', which I didn't appreciate.

10th Apr 2017

I had a very pleasurable stay here at the Casa. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff and central location. A five minute walk to Zocalo yet as quiet as can be.

5th Apr 2017

3 minutes from zocolo sq and metro/taxis and all historic centre, staff were amazing, helpful and kind. Breakfast a bit poor for the money here but really beautiful courtyard and lounges, clean good dorms, would recommend

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

Really nice hacienda lodging in the middle of the museum district. Clean, quiet, and pleasant. This isn't a party hostel if that is what you're looking for. Some of the guests want to nickel and dime the receptionist over the basic accommodations. If you can live with sharing a bathroom and eating a basic breakfast, you'll enjoy your stay. If you are looking for something more luxurious, go to a hotel. For what one pays, this lodging is a gem in the city.

12th Mar 2017
7.1

Quiet and ghostly hostel devoid of atmosphere. Expect little welcome but a silent night's sleep. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are well maintained, but for almost twice the price of nearby hostels I find the value of the dormitories suspect. Breakfast is sparse and consists of bread, two forms of cereal, and bananas. Surrounding area is active in the day and entirely shuttered by 8-9pm.

• djjsimpson8981
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
12th Mar 2017
6.6

Probably the worst welcome I've ever gotten. Checked in on Sun 12th March and the girl who checked me or or refused to because it was too early (which is fair) was in such a horrible mood it was like I had done something terrible. I tried to be nice and make conversation but got nothing in response. I actually read a recent review which mentioned the poor welcome and as soon as I experienced it I realised it was likely the same person. A shame as everyone else was super friendly

• England, Couple, 41+
26th Feb 2017

The location is great; the building is beautiful; the welcome was less than great; the breakfast was sparse and poor. This place has GREAT potential but could do with better management.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

Casa Ildefonso was wonderful. Beautiful dorms and common areas with character and some privacy. Location is excellent - the area feels safe, and it is close to the cathedral, Zocalo metro station, and the more touristy restaurants/bars. The staff were kind, helpful and ensured proper security at all times. I highly recommend this place, particularly if you are looking for a more quiet stay.