Casa San Ildefonso

Fabulous 279 Total Reviews
Fabulous 279 Total Reviews

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

This was one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. Located in the very core of the old town, astonishingly beautiful, comfortable, clean, neat and very welcoming. The staff was ready to help in any way and recommended places to visit and to eat. I would definitely go back to Mexico DF just to spend more time in the hostel.

25th Jul 2017

Good location, it's only a short walk away from many attractions. The staff was very helpful in providing directions, I had a very early fight out of Mexico City and they were available to check me out. I had a private room that was nice and clean. It is a very quiet hostel, which is great if your that's what your looking for.

• Australia, Female, 41+
17th Jul 2017

Delightful clean, safe , attractive, right in the historical part of Mexico City, home building that serves up a decent light breakfast. Would stay again

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
23rd Jun 2017
8.0

receptionist was very unfriendly. We've been shown our rooms though by a very friendly guy who also watched the door at nighttime. The building is very beautiful and clean and calm. Breakfast is ok. Wifi and atmosphere could be better.

18th Jun 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Casa San Ildefonso. The location is conveniently in the historic center, very close to el Zócalo and its metro station. I felt safe walking back to Casa San Ildefonso from el Zócalo at night. The staff was kind and welcoming. They not only called a taxi for my departure my accompanied me to the corner, helping me with my luggage and chatting with me as we waited. The room was small but clean and the perfect amount of space for me. The common areas were enjoyable too.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2017

Lovely quiet place to come back to after a busy day sightseeing. Chirping birdies and water feature in the patio area made for lovely tranquil vibes. The cold showers were not fun though :-/

27th May 2017
8.0

Good place, good location if you're trying to be in that area. I would recommend two nights here and then head on over to Roma or Condesa. Rooms were really big and had good places to put your bags and even a locker to hang clothes and lock things up. Did get really hot and no fan was provided. Bed was pretty uncomfortable. Public space is really nice! Had no wifi in our room. We were on 2nd floor towards the back. I like the curfew for the courtyard because it kept it quiet at night

• Newavedave
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th May 2017
7.7

A decent place in a great location, but our individual room had no window or fan so we had to sleep with the door open, inviting mosquitoes in. Lackluster facilities and many people sharing the bathroom, unless you use the very large bathroom downstairs with no warm water.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017

I could not give a higher review for Casa San Ildefonso. It was an amazing place to stay in Mexico City. It feels like a sanctuary; is quiet, beautiful and safe. At the same time it is close to numerous attractions and you can spend hours wandering around the surrounding streets. The staff are incredibly courteous and helpful. The front desk staff were very understanding and put up with my terrible broken Spanish! If I return to Mexico City I will most certainly stay at Casa San Ildefonso.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd May 2017

We only stayed here for one night as a stop over, and we were very impressed. It was 30mins taxi in peak hour and 15minutes non peak from airport. The hostel is very clean, good facilities in a cute building. Good wifi, lovely staff (minimal English but can get by without Spanish) and big rooms. Location is great as can walk around downtown sites easily and felt very safe. This is certainly not a party hostel and is very quiet, however this is what we were after!