Casa Sweety Reviews

Calle del Guerrero No 29B-119, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

A real gem in a great location. Beautiful colonial architecture. The smaller double room in which my son stayed on the street side of the building was a little small and stuffy. But the two slightly pricier double rooms overlooking the the pool (we stayed in the one on the ground floor) are huge, airy and absolutely gorgeous. The pool is a great bonus too and offers real respite from the searing heat of Cartagena. Friendly, helpful staff and great breakfast.

I got the room right next to the pool table and it was one of the worst rooms I've ever stayed at. It has no windows and feels like a hole. That room does NOT belong to any hotel that promotes itself as a boutique hostel. I felt semi-scammed. I asked for another room for the following night and, after paying about 30 extra usd, got changed to a nicer one next to the pool. The one pro is that the breakfast is really good.

• 15th Mar 2014