Casa Tranquilo Hostal Reviews

100 mts downhill from the Supermarket, Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica

This may be the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Amazing staff, Great rooms and facilities, great location and access to activities. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Ronald told us everything we needed to know about MV in more detail than we could ever imagine. He had friends all over Costa Rica and made calls to other hostels for us before we left for the cost. He organized group shuttles for us and booked tours, all while trying and succeeding at getting us the lowest prices. The hostel was great, but Ronald is why we would go back.

• 1st Jan 2015

We loved our stay at Casa Tranquilo!

Absolutely a wonderful place to stay in Monteverde. Definitely recommend the place. Staff is helpful and knows everything about where to go and what to do. Clean, safe and cosy. Great hostel!

I stayed at Casa Tranquilo for a couple of nights and was very happy with the hostel as a whole. Could have used hot-showers as it was quite cold, but everything else about the hostel made up for it. The staff were incredibly informative, friendly, fun, and enjoyable to be with and talk to. Make sure to have the breakfast with the delicious home-made banana bread. Highly recommend: ASK ABOUT THE FIG TREE! One of the highlights of the trip for sure. Pretty cool climbing up a fig-tree ladder.

We enjoyed are stay at Casa Tranquilo. Ro and all of the other regular staffers were so helpful and clearly enjoyed their jobs. We stayed here for a total of 5 nights. The room we stayed in was simple and clean. The hostel is also eco-friendly - an additional plus. Additionally, we reserved all of our activities in Monteverde through the hostel without an extra charge. We would gladly stay here again in the future and recommend other travelers to do so as well

We have stayed two nights at Casa Tranquilo and were very happy there!! It was one of the best hostels were ww have stayed in Costa Rica! The staff is great and let you feel more than welcome. Fully recomendable for this low price. Thumbs up!

• 19th Dec 2014

The locks had been changed and I got given the wrong key so I was locked out one night. Also, one shower for all the rooms which wasn't clean and didn't have hot water. Rooms were damp and drafty. Didn't feel 'cosy' or homely AT ALL.

It is really tough to get a better value for your money: original house with character, cleanliness, cheap price, good location, and an hearty breakfast with delicious banana bread made by the owner himself Ro. btw Ro is the best host I have ever had on my travels. He is very helpful, accommodating, interesting, and with a witty sense of humor. really hard not to love this place. Bilal

I've traveled a lot and CT was best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are amazing! They welcome you with open arms and make sure you have the best stay possible. The help you set up excursions and go into great detail about each company. For breakfast, you get coffee, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and the best homemade banana bread. If you're staying in Monteverde, I can't imagine there being better place. Casa Tranquilo made Monteverde feel like home, I don't doubt they will do the same for you!

• 30th Nov 2014

We really enjoyed our stay! The people working there are really helpful and friendly! They give really good advices for the activities and transportation. Excellent breakfast with homemade banana bread to die for ;)