Casa Tranquilo Hostal Reviews

100 mts downhill from the Supermarket, Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica

There was no hot water so I took a few ice cold showers. The guy with long hair clearly did not enjoy helping guests, especially when he was eating his lunch. And the photos make this place look a lot nicer than it really is.

• 16th Nov 2014

The breakfast was great and the staff (Ro) made our stay. He was super helpful with helping is plan tours and very straight forward with very detail. We loved the stay at Casa Tranquilo and loved Monteverde. Thanks guys

• 5th Nov 2014

I love this place! The staff was great and very helpful finding the perfect tours for me. The breakfast in the morning (fresh banana bread, fruits and scrambled eggs) was delicious!!! I definitely will stay there again.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great breakfast, staff are very helpful and friendly, nice relaxed atmosphere. I don't usually bother leaving reviews for hostels but me and my girlfriend enjoyed staying here so much more than some of the soulless big hostels we have stayed at recently we wanted to leave a review.

Our stay at Casa Tranquilo was extremely pleasant! The staff was super helpful and welcoming and nice overall. The rustic accommodations gave an very cozy feel to the whole stay. If I ever make my way back to Monteverde, I will be staying there again!

• 17th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The dorm rooms were very spacious, ro was amazing and very helpful with information about the town and genuinely honest about his suggestions touring around. Free breakfast to was awesome and overall great vibes.

• 9th Oct 2014

Loved this place. The staff were awesome!

We were very disappointed about this hostel and wouldn't recommend it for anyone. The staff didn't care much about their guests. We were leaving an early morning and therefore we kept our breakfast in the fridge. In the morning we couldn't get our food because the kitchen was closed - for people who are staying in dorms!! The other guests can use the kitchen anytime which was very unfair treatment. The staff didn't care. The dorms and toilets were not very clean and the showets were cold!

Perfect location, central to bus station, supermarkets & walking distance to many of the activities. We stayed 5 nights in room 5 which is bright airy has a nice view of the valley & a skylight which was wonderful for watching the evening thunderstorms through & a great natural alarm clock. There's a large common room & kitchen with all you need to cater for yourself. Breakfast was fresh & plentiful which was a great way to start the morning, we had no complaints throughly recommend to others.

• 18th Sep 2014

Great hostel, Ro was so welcoming and have us such good advice about which tours we should do telling us which were the best for the money and which we shouldn't bother with! I appreciated his honesty and everything he revcommended was great. Free breakfast was really good - yummy coffee and banana bread! Very friendly atmosphere 😊

Great hostel, awesome staff, delicious breakfast. Estaban at reception was awesome, took us climbing at the strangler tree, full of information and very friendly too. Chilled vibe going on, close to shops. Note, as hostel is all wooden you can hear your neighbours so bring ear plugs.

I loved every minute of staying at casa tranquilo! Ro from reception made our stay a very special and unique one - crazy dude! he was talking a lot but always gave great information about just everything you wanted to know! we didnt find a lot of dishes in the kitchen but we handled it somehow. i thought my bed was very hard but put the bedcover underneath so it was ok. its not right in the city center but only a very quick walk up a little hill. great atmosphere too and tasty free breakfast.

crazy and awesome hostel guy in the morning helps you through everything - breakfast is very good (bananabread pineapple coffee juice.....) - we felt save had warm shower and all trips were organized aby the hostel and functionned perfectly. we booked another night because it is a great spot... eat attreehouse with livemusic go to amigos to dancd and end up in taverna. you will meet all the local guides from canopy and foresttours then....

Nice place, great breakfast!!

Absolutely loved it. Ro is amazing!

We are a family with three kids and had a great time at the hostel. Wonderful staff , the kids felt very welcome and delicious banana-bread.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Very clean, perfect location and all the people there (Ro, Esteban and David) are awesome. Definitevely I recommend 100%. And I have no words for the breakfast and banana bread....incredible!!!

super knowledgeable and friendly staff - the owner helped us with how to get a bus into nicaragua and it worked to a tee. great vibe in the hostel with other guests. breakfast is amazing (thank you!). they could do with more plates/bowls in the shared kitchen - once we had to wait for people to wash theirs in order to have something to eat off! highly recommend this hostel

The staff was very friendly and helpful in booking activities! The banana bread was delicious in the morning and the room was nice and cozy too. I would definitely recommend it!

Excellent value for money, the staff are super helpful (some of the best we've found in 3 months travelling), the breakfast is good and the bus to the park leaves from just over the road. The place isn't dirty but could use a bit of a scrub.