Casa Verde Limon Reviews

El Descanso 196, Valparaiso, Chile

Cool eccentric building. Good people.Toilets definitely stopped working one night, but shower had great pressure. The beds were decent but rooms were tight.The location is perfect. If you are there to enjoy street art and music then you cant find a better location. One of the graffiti walking tours actually passes thru the back alley of the hostel, and the square right out front has performers in the evening. Note: if hanging with the locals most are cool, but watch your pockets. Few bad seeds.

Very comfortable hostel with great vibes. Great common area for hanging out and meeting people. The showers were good and the wifi was decent. The dorm rooms are pretty tight but the beds were comfortable (for hostel standards). It can be loud at night because local kids like to party and play music in the plaza out front (just go join the party!). Kind staff. No breakfast.

Very cool hostel. Front desk staff, especially Peter, were awesome. Toilets were broken twice during my 4 day stay, once caused a flood and there's no staff after 11pm and no emergency # so we were on our own. Location is great, awesome kitchen, sometimes lines for washrooms/showers. Yeah the outside park can get noisy, but surprisingly it wasn't as big an issue as I thought, plus its a cool place to hang out! Breakfast would be nice but huge market nearby.Great common area, definitely recommend

Nice hostel with a good vibe. It appeared to be in a reasonable neighbourhood. One person was mugged in the alleyway beside the hostel while I was staying there - this was 4am though and he had his smartphone out for prying eyes to see. Keep in mind the gates in this alleyway can be unlocked without a key. The room was good and the bathrooms were relatively clean. I did not notice breakfast of any kind but I'm not sure if this was supposed to be included anyway. I'd stay again.

Good hostel, unfirtunately the square outside can be quite noisy

It was pretty loud at night being so close to the square where people partied all days of the week, but other than that it was fantastic.

Really cool hostel, in a good location right near everything that is going on in Valparaiso! The hostel had a nice chilled feel to it, the beds are especially comfy and the cleaners do a brilliant job of keeping the place nice. The staff are really friendly and extremely helpful with everything, one dude called Peter even offered us a room he rents out at his place when we tried to extend another night and the hostel was full. With better wifi and another bathroom this hostel would be 10/10.

• 8th Jan 2016

Stayed only one night in a single basic private room that was incredibly cheap but great value. The staff at the front desk was incredibly nice to me and helpful. Good location, walking distance to all the main attractions. I would highly recommend people stay here when visiting Valparaiso.

Check in is a bit late (4pm); otherwise the place is wel maintained and close to main sites.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! Great atmosphere, perfect location, helpful staff and good internet. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in valpo ☺️

For me there is not an atmosphere/ambiance in this hostel, I liked this place, I'll will recommend it but not for partying people. Also, you have to switch of the light in the common and stop to cook from 11pm... And I didn't see any breakfast provided...

Great - thanks for organizing the news years party! Also your courtyard and your kitchen are exellent.

The only issue with this hostel is the square just below the street facing windows. There is noise until high hours in the morning, so i recommend to buy earplugs for surviving. The staff is good, but specifically Peter is great. He is always in the good mood, trying to help, and he organizes really good wine testing sessions on his house ! Amazing guy

Best hot shower since 2 weeks of travelling. Very close to main sights and party area (good!, but can be very very loud in the nights even with earplugs). Comfy beds, nice social area, all in all a good place to spend the nights.

We loved our stay here! Everything was super clean, staff was super helpful, in was in a great location. Street noise at night made sleeping difficult at times, but that is outside the hostel's control.

Great hostel overall, however for certain suits they require a cash deposit and in term have fairly limited front desk service which is not explained up front (my bus departed at 8 am and the front desk was not open until 8:15 am). They ended up keeping my deposit due to this and were subsequently unhelpful in returning it; this felt like a cash grab for me and left a bad taste in my mouth.

• 19th Dec 2015

The hostel was in a cool location in the centre of nightlife and close to a lot of the best street art in Valparaiso. We met some really cool people during our stay here and had a great time. It doesn't have breakfast but there is a massive supermarket located less than a 5 minute walk for buying food.

I booked the hostal to be around people but they closed the whole hostal for renovations. They ended up upgrading me to a shared appartment with other two girls and it was great, it just wasn't a social place.

Had an excellent experience!Hostel is in a very good location and staff is friendly and helpful! We had booked dorms and were upgraded to apartments when we got there due to the hostel being overbooked!Glad they were able to deal with the issue themselves and we never had to worry!We ended up in a great apartment with our own kitchen and were able to have all of our meals for only a fraction of the cost!Only negative is this location may be too noisy if u r a light sleeper, bring earplugs!

Amazing place, beautiful decoration. The only downside I can think is that noise from the streets at night can be a bit of a bother depending on the room you're staying.