Casa Verde Limon Reviews

El Descanso 196, Valparaiso, Chile

I've had an amazing time there with amazing people. haven't seen staff to often coz reception is separate. in the front of the hostel there's a small Plaza where local people meet to sing, dance, play. highly recommend this hostel. always something going on there.

The hostel was ok. Good points: Well located, the kitchen was useful and well equiped, the main room was nice. Negative points: The hostel was cold, the rooms were humid, the staff was ok, not really interacting with the people.

Good hostel. 11 o'clock quiet time is bit early but great hostel.

A nice place, the trapez is an amazingly awesome idea!

Very nice hostel, definitely coming back! Great location, close to to the city center as well as to many bars, but still very quiet. Great common areas, big lockers in the room, computers to use for free,comfy beds, nice & helpful staff....Only downside there is no breakfast included, but there is tea and coffee for free all day - check out El Desayunador just up the Cerro Concepcion for great breakfast all day long ;)

Really nice hostel, we got an upgrade to a room in an apartment which was a bonus. Location was great, everything was clean, staff were nice and helpful. Would recommend this hostel.

This hostel is really bright and airy, and has a great atmosphere. The kitchen is really well supplied, and the showers were good. I met lots of lovely people and I wish I had more time to stay longer. Highly recommended!

This is a great hostel all around. very well located and enjoyable.

Really enjoyed out time in Valparaiso in this lovely hostel. The staff were helpful and friendly especially Peter- an enthusiastic, bubbly, genuine and helpful guy. Wifi was not always great. Occasionally just disappeared! We were in room four which is 2 adjoining rooms: one with two beds and one with four. We found it quite tight to be moving around in especially when we had big rucksacks on.

Bit of a party hostel, noisy all night. Wine tasting was a lot of fun though and hostel location is perfect

The rooms smelt quite damp but other than this it was a nice place to stay! And would highly recommend the wine tasting night!

Very quiet hostel. Friendly staff, although you enter through a side door so don't see them much. Kept very clean and nicely designed interior. Close to sights and bars. No breakfast, but free coffee and tea all day.

Fantastic hostel - I recommend this place 100%! The building had really cool architecture, super comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, and a well stocked kitchen. The staff was awesome - the wine and cheese evening at Peter's house was such a great way to be introduced to Chilean wine, and all the other staff members went above and beyond to help us out. Great location, wonderful hostel, thanks for an amazing stay!!!

The most comfy beds in South America! Amazing! Hostel had a great vibe and there is Latino music dancing in the park outside in the evening. GreAt location close to shops, street art and Ocean. Only downer is no breakfast is included - which I would expect for the price. But I'd stay again just for the comfortable beds!!!

Funky hostel close to the main sights of Val. Day guy on the front desk was fantastic - extremely friendly and helpful. Room (double) was a good size and wifi throughout. Street facing room was a bit loud, so if you have trouble sleeping ask for something further away. Shower, not amazing, but hot water at least. Would recommend this hostel.

The first ladies I met at reception were unfriendly and not helpful, but then at check-out I met Peter, the friendly EXTREMELY helpful receptionist who completely changed my opinion. He gave me advice on where to go and where to avoid, and told me about the wine tasting offered through the hostel. Located in a very convenient location to transportation and restaurants. The street outside gets pretty rowdy at night. Rooms are comfortable, but there wasn't much of an atmosphere while I was there.

Its very nice place, but there small plaza right next to hostel. Every night there was big parties until 1 am and lot of noise, it was impossible to sleep before police arrived around 1-2 am.

The staff were super organized, spoke great English. You MUST let them know if you are coming before 8:15!! Reception is not 24 hours. Building is quite old but everything was very clean / house mates were clean as well. :) The hostel is broken up into 3: there are common areas / kitchen for each section (not to mention Casa Violeta Limon, their other place up the road is more for renting apartments for big groups). The separation plus NO breakfast makes for a lackluster atmosphere.

We had a great time! Everything was nice, the room, the kitchen, the location. Only one thing could be changed, The shower hose is leaky, this is why a LOT of water gets lost on the way to the shower head...

• 18th Mar 2015

The woman who checked us in was quite unfriendly which didn't get the stay off to the best start. We were staying in the 6 bed dorm, 2 of the beds have their own section whereas the other 4 are crammed into a small room which means you are practically sharing a bed with your neighbour. As this hostel doesn't include breakfast we felt the price was quite steep. We ended up moving to the hostel next door as there wasn't room for us to stay another night, and it was much better value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3