Casa Verde Limon Reviews

El Descanso 196, Valparaiso, Chile

Awesome hostel, trendy building, great location, and comfortable beds/room. Reception not always available but will make great efforts to help you. I think the lock on the bedroom doors is unnecessary and annoying because lockers are available.

Checked in and only once we had paid the full payment upfront, we were told (a couple) that we would be in separate dorms. Very poor hostels etiquette - if people book together they would like to be in the same room and should be notified if otherwise before paying. Pros: good kitchen, hot shower, good WiFi. Cons: tiny dorms- not enough room (I had to unpack bag outside). Minimal chargers in rooms and no where secure to charge unattended.

Hostel is in a good location and has fairly nice facilities. However, cleanliness in the room was not quite up to par and we found multiple hairs in the sheets.

Valparaiso is a fun city to explore and I would recommend this hostel - just take ear plugs if you stay over a weekend as the locals party all night at the square just across the road. There were knocks at the front door at odd hours, but this would not be a problem if you stay in the main hostel instead of private rooms that are next door.

Good hostel in a good location for nightlife and to walk around in the daytime. The hostel typically has a good atmosphere however the common area closes at 11pm, so if you are with a group or talking with someone you will need to leave the hostel if you do not wish to sit in your dorm or go to bed. Otherwise great hostel and would recommend to others.

Nice hostel but no breakfast. Kitchen is small. Being told to leave common areas at 11 made me feel like I was at school but i understand it keeps it quieter for those who want to sleep. Quiet atmosphere generally. Nice staff but don't see them much.

I liked it, good location, quirky decor & love the trapeze in the common area! Good kitchen space, well kept & clean with good equipment - new pans, massive oven & plenty of stove space! Near to local mini markets & supermarket. Helpful & friendly staff available all day, reception until 11pm. Only weird thing is the lights out curfew at 11, where you have to go out or go to your room & can no longer use the common area which ruined the ambience a bit if you want to hang out & get some beers in!

We had a twin room which was in the second building to the hostel, so nice and quiet as there are only 3 rooms there. The staff were really helpful, we also did a wine and cheese tasting booked through them which was great fun and worth the money. The hostel is in a great location to walk around Valpo, the only downside is that it has a square in front of it where people hang out and play instruments until the early hours.

Me and my wife really enjoyed our stay. Verse Limon was really organized and had a list of really cool and fun events that were happening in Valparaiso. We went to an improv comedy show and had an excellent wine tasting arranged through the hostel hosted by Peter. The room was comfortable and the access to a private bathroom down the hall was a nice change from having to use a large industrial bathroom. We had a great time overall and felt like residents rather that visitors at Verde Limon.

Really nice hostel and staff. When I was there during low season during the week not many people, but no fault of the hostel. Otherwise great!

Really nice and chilled hostel. Great set up with couches and kitchen which is what I liked best, made for a good atmosphere where it was easy to meet people. Bathrooms were ok and clean, kitchen had good facilities, close to old town, enjoyed my stay here

Nice hostel, good kitchen and hot showers. staff are friendly as well. The main issue was someone stole our tea, alcohol (from our cupboard) and my underpants from my bag!!

• 30th Jun 2015

Well located in area full of bars and restaurants, close to interesting street art that adorns the walls of housing and short distance bus ride from bus station or metro to Bellavista, or 20 min walk. Reception shut at 11pm which was not a problem as such unless you arrive late. Dorm was very small although the beds were comfortable and lockers available. Weekend was noisy in the Plaza opposite until the early hours however that's what provides the atmosphere of the area. Staff very helpful!

Nice hostel and good place to socialize. Close to restaurants and sights.

This was an awesome hostel experience! Met really cool people, in a great part of town, very comfortable stay. Highly recommend the wine night - so much fun!