Casa Verde Limon Reviews

El Descanso 196, Valparaiso, Chile

Very quiet but can blame that on the time of year. Beds comfy, kitchen good, showers hot and powerful. Enjoyed our stay!

Excellent location, not very clean but comfortable anyway.

Had a great stay here, very helpful and friendly staff (especially Peter). Rooms were comfortable and had a nice chilled atmosphere. In a perfect location on Cumming St, next to a lot of cool bars and eateries. Highly recommended for visitors to Valpo!

The best hostel on our south america trip so far! We booked an ensuite double room and had a whole apartment to ourselves (guess we were lucky). Location could not be better, you can go to cerro alegre by foot and ascensor within 5 min, where you find some really good restaurants and artisan shops. Also, staff was really helpful! Ville gave a super good overview over the city and how to get around. Peter who works at the hostel also offers an awesome wine tasting which we can really recommend

Casa Verde Limon is a hostel which really lives from the warm bright colors and the design as well as its location on Calle Cumming. Unfortunately I did not have such a great experience with the people from the reception who were rather unhelpful and even annoying. Instead of helping us in a situation of a booking mistake and looking for a constructive solution they only repeated "there is a problem". As long as you are not looking for any help from the reception I can still recommend the place.

Great hostel. Stayed in a private room which had a TV which was a bonus. Great location and very very helpful staff! Would recommend to others. Just note not a party hostel.

Great kitchen! Cosy atmosphere in the entire hostel, kind of feels like youre at someones house. Staff was helpful and you get your own key to the front door so that you can come and go as you want without ringing the bell

There was confusion on payments, showed some disorganization, but other than that. It was overall good.

Hostel has a very nice atmosphere. There is a big common room an good equiped kitchen.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Good place ( private room in the casa violeta ) to stay one Day or one week ! The house was very good, with hot water, kitchen and Tv .

Great location right on the street in Valpo with all of nightlife, but up the street so if you need to sleep you can. Safe location (even when there's an earthquake) , very helpful staff (all of them) and the rooms are great, especially when you consider the cost. We stayed in the private en suite and it was bigger than our apartment back home. The action is in Valparaiso however, there's not much going on in the hostel unless you like the trapeze.

A good place to stay in a great location. The rooms open up onto the central atrium which is the social area and kitchen, but this quietens down in the late evening. Showers basic and hot water system idiosyncratic!

Great hostel for couples. Nice big private rooms. Adequate kitchen. Location ok, 20 minute walk from the bus station. No breakfast but no one in Valparaiso seemed to either.

I highly recommend Casa Verde Limon. I have stayed here twice, and each time exceeded my expectations. The staff is extremely accommodating and very friendly. I will gladly use this hostel for my future visits to Valpo. :)

• 21st Mar 2014

i got a room that smells so bad!!! they cleaned the floor with something like turpentine, the smell of it was so strong, i couldnt sleep the all night, it was terrible!!! with me came another 4 people, and we all left after the first night....

Awesome place. I was there for like a week. Weekend vibe was cool. During the week there were lots of old people. Felt like a retirment home but they were nice. Staff was helpful and cool. Lovely place, clean, good location and yeah. Their 11 PM curfew is lame tho. Ummmm yeah, cool place!

We had a great stay here. Kitchen and relaxing area good. Locker for food a good idea. Clean, comfy beds. Staff friendly and helpful. Went wine tasting with one of staff, great fun. Location close to all fun things to see and do. Recommend free walking tour to get your bearings and get to know Valparaiso.

My stay at the hostel was just perfect. The location is fantastic, very important for me. Large common living room. Good facilities at the kitchen. Very clean. A little bit noisy at night because of the people inside talking at late hour. Very good hostel!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Clean, easy walk to everything.

Great hostel, lovely common area, close to bars in the most touristic area, easy to get there from the bus terminal. I would stay there again.