Casa Verde Limon Reviews

El Descanso 196, Valparaiso, Chile

The woman who checked us in was quite unfriendly which didn't get the stay off to the best start. We were staying in the 6 bed dorm, 2 of the beds have their own section whereas the other 4 are crammed into a small room which means you are practically sharing a bed with your neighbour. As this hostel doesn't include breakfast we felt the price was quite steep. We ended up moving to the hostel next door as there wasn't room for us to stay another night, and it was much better value for money.

The hostel was nice and i'm pleased we stayed there. It is in a great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke English. Our room was nice but it was bit smelly. It smelt of damp and body odour (wasn't us!). It can be noisy at night - from outside the hostel but I didn't mind that. There were common areas and I imagine if you cooked and ate at the hostel you could meet a few people there. Wifi was good. Overall it was good.

Great place. Perfect location at the top of Cumming St which has the cheaper bars and restaurants. No breakfast but good facilities to cook something up. Rooms were comfortable.

Casa Verdelimón was very charming. The hostel itself was a lovely expression of the character of Valparaíso, decorated with bright colors and whimsical art. The common areas were also great for socializing with the other guests. If I could recommend anything, I would say 1. DO THE WINE TOUR (the hostel offers its own wine tour on certain nights- SUPER fun!) and 2. Bring your own lock for the lockers so you don't have to rent one there.

• 13th Mar 2015

We booked 2 beds in an 8 bed dorm but the dorm was split into 2 rooms and our 2 beds were in a room of their own so felt like we had our own room. Everything was very clean. Only 2 bathrooms and 2 showers downstairs so a bit busy. Atmosphere was non existent and you could hear a pin drop but that was because of the type of travellers there, not the hostel. Good location.

Awesome hostel. Wished i stayed longer! Friendly staff and good vibes!

We booked a double private room with shared bathroom, and ended up sharing a house with 3 private rooms in it so we had our own kitchen and living room to use and our own tv. Atmoshpere wasnt great if you were on your own but we loved it as we had our own privacy. Close to everything, bars restaurants, bars and supermarkets. The square outside the house is a little loud but not unbearable for us. We enjoyed it!

The constant noise from the street is pretty difficult to sleep through.

Hostel itself is perfectly fine, met some cool people there and the facilities are pretty good. The girl at reception is what lets this place down, so so miserable and unwilling to help. The hostel also managed to lose some of my laundry, and the laundry I did manage to get back wasn't folded or even totally dry. Not a bad place but you can certainly do better in Valparaiso

Very cute hostel. Good for socializing and good location. I only stayed one night but I would go back.

Great location off colorful plaza that fills with musicians, jugglers, capoeira practitioners in the evenings. Can be a bit noisy, but we enjoyed it. Hostel itself is comfortable

Great location, nice hangout area, but the nearby park is very loud at night. I would definitely recommend this place, but bring earplugs!

Nice hostel where I met some cool people. The wine tasting was really fun. Would be good to offer even just a very basic breakfast seeing as it's a similar price to places that do. Would also prefer a slightly bigger locker.

Great Price, Great Location, Very Clean and Comfortable. Couldn't ask for a better hostel

• 3rd Feb 2015

Very good hostel.Booked a dorm and got a bed in a twin private room.Kitchen is well-equipped and clean.Bathrooms are clean too.Linen is funky and colourful,bed was comfy.There's no breakfast but shops are very close.Good wifi and communal area.Travelers from all over the world.Luggage storage by reception.Definitely recommended,would go there again.

We got relocated to two bedroom apartment which was cool as we had our own freedom and created our own atmosphere. Main issue was we were there for 4 nights and didn't have the place cleaned once. When I asked on the second day I was told "this isn't a hotel." No, it's not, but it's also not my home or a slum. The vibe at the main hostel seemed very mellow. Location really good. Wine tasting fun, recommended cooking class a no show. Go out in Viña del Mar, not the places they recommend in Valpo

We stayed in a double room for 5 nights and the hostel is very nice and artistic. The hostel and the neighborhood is quite lively, it can be both good and bad depend on what you like so bring earplugs if you are sensitive for noices, we liked the atmosphere and the area very much! The hostel is clean and the staff is friendly. We recomend the course in mosaic that the owner gives!

The hostel is located next to a park where people play drums and music every night until the morning. One night they played until 830am and only stopped because the police arrived. It was impossible to sleep. If sleep is important to you chose another hostel and area to stay in. The staff was nice. He had great suggestions and taking their wine tasting class is a highlight.

We called the police during the night in order to stopped the noise out side the Hostel. According to the police it was an authorized celebration. So, the police just stopped the celebration the next day at 8:30 am.

I stayed in Valparaiso for several weeks and I wish I would have stayed here the whole time! The room I shared w/ my partner was massive-akin to having a studio apartment (complete w/ kitchen and ensuite bathroom). It was very clean, in a great part of town next to tons of restaurants, a great brewery and two squares where live music plays regularly. The hostel felt very safe and the neighbourhood is the same with many interesting characters to add colour to your surroundings. Definitely visit!

The locationof this hostel is great on a main street for bars and cheap restaurants. About 10 main walk down to the plaza where the free walking tour take place, and a ascendor close by too. Peter on reception was really nice and helpful. He hosts a cheese and wine night every other nice, which is fab. WiFi is great, and communal area makes it easy to meet people. Only problem was the square outside can be noisy but great atmospher but we joined the on the 2nd night of our stay.