Casa Verde Limon Reviews

El Descanso 196, Valparaiso, Chile

Very quiet hostel. Friendly staff, although you enter through a side door so don't see them much. Kept very clean and nicely designed interior. Close to sights and bars. No breakfast, but free coffee and tea all day.

Fantastic hostel - I recommend this place 100%! The building had really cool architecture, super comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, and a well stocked kitchen. The staff was awesome - the wine and cheese evening at Peter's house was such a great way to be introduced to Chilean wine, and all the other staff members went above and beyond to help us out. Great location, wonderful hostel, thanks for an amazing stay!!!

The most comfy beds in South America! Amazing! Hostel had a great vibe and there is Latino music dancing in the park outside in the evening. GreAt location close to shops, street art and Ocean. Only downer is no breakfast is included - which I would expect for the price. But I'd stay again just for the comfortable beds!!!

Funky hostel close to the main sights of Val. Day guy on the front desk was fantastic - extremely friendly and helpful. Room (double) was a good size and wifi throughout. Street facing room was a bit loud, so if you have trouble sleeping ask for something further away. Shower, not amazing, but hot water at least. Would recommend this hostel.

The first ladies I met at reception were unfriendly and not helpful, but then at check-out I met Peter, the friendly EXTREMELY helpful receptionist who completely changed my opinion. He gave me advice on where to go and where to avoid, and told me about the wine tasting offered through the hostel. Located in a very convenient location to transportation and restaurants. The street outside gets pretty rowdy at night. Rooms are comfortable, but there wasn't much of an atmosphere while I was there.

Its very nice place, but there small plaza right next to hostel. Every night there was big parties until 1 am and lot of noise, it was impossible to sleep before police arrived around 1-2 am.

The staff were super organized, spoke great English. You MUST let them know if you are coming before 8:15!! Reception is not 24 hours. Building is quite old but everything was very clean / house mates were clean as well. :) The hostel is broken up into 3: there are common areas / kitchen for each section (not to mention Casa Violeta Limon, their other place up the road is more for renting apartments for big groups). The separation plus NO breakfast makes for a lackluster atmosphere.

We had a great time! Everything was nice, the room, the kitchen, the location. Only one thing could be changed, The shower hose is leaky, this is why a LOT of water gets lost on the way to the shower head...

• 18th Mar 2015

The woman who checked us in was quite unfriendly which didn't get the stay off to the best start. We were staying in the 6 bed dorm, 2 of the beds have their own section whereas the other 4 are crammed into a small room which means you are practically sharing a bed with your neighbour. As this hostel doesn't include breakfast we felt the price was quite steep. We ended up moving to the hostel next door as there wasn't room for us to stay another night, and it was much better value for money.

The hostel was nice and i'm pleased we stayed there. It is in a great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke English. Our room was nice but it was bit smelly. It smelt of damp and body odour (wasn't us!). It can be noisy at night - from outside the hostel but I didn't mind that. There were common areas and I imagine if you cooked and ate at the hostel you could meet a few people there. Wifi was good. Overall it was good.

Great place. Perfect location at the top of Cumming St which has the cheaper bars and restaurants. No breakfast but good facilities to cook something up. Rooms were comfortable.

Casa Verdelimón was very charming. The hostel itself was a lovely expression of the character of Valparaíso, decorated with bright colors and whimsical art. The common areas were also great for socializing with the other guests. If I could recommend anything, I would say 1. DO THE WINE TOUR (the hostel offers its own wine tour on certain nights- SUPER fun!) and 2. Bring your own lock for the lockers so you don't have to rent one there.

• 13th Mar 2015

We booked 2 beds in an 8 bed dorm but the dorm was split into 2 rooms and our 2 beds were in a room of their own so felt like we had our own room. Everything was very clean. Only 2 bathrooms and 2 showers downstairs so a bit busy. Atmosphere was non existent and you could hear a pin drop but that was because of the type of travellers there, not the hostel. Good location.

Awesome hostel. Wished i stayed longer! Friendly staff and good vibes!

We booked a double private room with shared bathroom, and ended up sharing a house with 3 private rooms in it so we had our own kitchen and living room to use and our own tv. Atmoshpere wasnt great if you were on your own but we loved it as we had our own privacy. Close to everything, bars restaurants, bars and supermarkets. The square outside the house is a little loud but not unbearable for us. We enjoyed it!

1 2 Next » last »