Casa Volante Hostal Reviews

Pasaje Fischer 27, Cerro Concepción, Valparaiso, Chile

Great hostel!

Fantastic place! Location is perfect, close to the harbor and all cute passages of Bohemian Valparaiso. The Hostel itself has a very nice environment, staff are all super nice and helpful, and they will give you great recommendations to fully enjoy your stay in "Valpo", even if you are just staying for the night. My girlfriend and I opted for one of the private rooms and it was super comfortable and pleasant. I will definitely be back at Casa Volante for my next visit to Valpo.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Mexico

It was a great place to stay. I recommend it.

• 13th Jun 2015

The tempur pedic pillows made our sleep the most comfortable of any hostel we´ve stayed at. The location was unbeatable.

• 5th Jun 2015

Pros: Good beds, nice decoration and helpful staff. Cons: the door lock broke, shower wasn't working well.

Stayed in 4 bed dorm. Great place in great location and really nice staff. Would definitely stay here again!

Very good breakfast

The hostel itself is nice, with a nice common living area and dining area. However, for the most part the staff were not very helpful or friendly. Staff were not helpful in recommending anything to do in Valpo. At times staff seemed bothered that you would even be asking them a question. The owner is very kind though and is willing to help. Any atmosphere at the hostel is killed when you are kicked out of the common spaces at midnight. If you are looking for a social environment this isn't it.

Great hostel, really.

Very bad hostel. I stay in Chile for 3 weeks and this hostel is the worst. I never come back.

I'm quite sure it was the best hostel I ever been. We were not in the main building but for what I've seen it was definitely much better!

Located right on one of the hills with all the art. You can walk to the port, the main square and the restaurant area all in less than 10 minutes. Keep in mind, this is a walking city. The internet works fairly well and they have a small breakfast. Staff are friendly, but not all speak English. Shower/ restroom is old and doesn't look the best, but is clean.

Awesome hostel. Really nice staff, good location, good breakfast, nice atmosphere. One of the best I stayed in in South America. Would highly recommend!

Decent hostel in the heart of the touristic district. No lockers in the room but locking doors you get a key for.

Clean well run hostel in the heart of Valparaiso. Helpful staff and decent wifi. Rooms are in an old house with high ceilings and wood floors which makes for good atmosphere.

Nice ambiance, nice staff, some rooms, only 2 showers per gender which can be an issue sometimes. No lockers. Definitely a nice place.

Wifi was good, hot water, staff really nice. Little bit cold in the rooms but they provide heaters.

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. I'll definitely be back!

We stayed in an apartment which was spacious and comfortable but did not have great security (could easily climb in windows and they could not lock) and the shower was interesting. Great location in town close to everything you need. Coffee good.

hi, thanks a lot for your review, it's really important for us. And thanks even more for let us know about the non working locker on that window that you mentioned. this week we ll change it for a new and truly secure one. best regards!

Me quedé en el departamento de arriba y lo encontré espectacular. Muy bien equipado, limpio y agradable.

• 3rd Apr 2015