Casa Volante Hostal Reviews

Pasaje Fischer 27, Cerro Concepción, Valparaiso, Chile

Was a really cool hostel and great staff (especially the small guy with glasses) ! Amazing BBQ, with far too much wine ! Would definitely stay here again

The location is great, the staff were helpful, the bed and pillows at the private room are good and clean. The breakfast wasn't good, the fruts and cereal wasn't enough for everybody.

• 1st Mar 2015

There is a reason this hostel is over all so highly rated. Most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hostel, the cutest atmosphere, best location, and great breakfast. The WIFI is good (which is rare) and they know the meaning of the phrase "spotless" when it comes to cleanliness. Staff is really fun and welcoming too.

Very, very nice place!! We felt super comfortable! Highly recommended

The staff were amazing and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable.

Amazing Hostel.Staff were fantastic, felt very warm

Nice little hostel. Nice breakfast with some fruit for a change. Coffee and tea are nice. Only cons were our room was a bit noisy as could hear the reception bell (too loud and too long) and the buzzer whenever someone comes in. Our room also smelt like the engine room of a boat. Strange. Nice little side patio. Large twin bunk beds in our room but not the comfiest. Kitchen is tiny. More than 2 people and it's crowded. But still functionable. Super fast wifi.

Friendly and helpful staff. Nice location. The Tuesday asado is rather good value, in my opinion. Excellent cleanliness: sanitaries are cleaned several times a day. One annoying thing: I had to change room, although I booked three nights in the first place (without extending my stay); but they offered me a free artesanal beer in compensation so, hey, that was not that bad. The last night, the people below were engaged in a decibel contest; nothing to blame the hostel for, but still a pain.

Great and very helpful stuff with good communication of English (Mariano and Carolina), would recommend this hostel to many others.

By far, the coolest hostel that we stayed at during our multi-week Chile trip. The new apartment (double private) was great. The staff was fantastic also.

• 19th Jan 2015

Like staying at home.

Very nice staff! Very original decoration! Good location. A supermarket is located in the Estación Puerto.

location was great and staff but beware it's a nice hike up the hill and steps so if u have heavy luggage u may want to get a taxi. security was good but the bell is annoying since u have to be buzzed to get in so all night the buzzer rings. The luggage storage under the beds were difficult to get too without bothering the person on bottom bunk. lastly some kinda animals live above the hostel and the screamed and hollered all night. between the buzzer and animals it was a rough night sleep.

Casa Volante is in a fantastic location and it's also quiet at night! The facilities and cleanliness of the hostel are superb quality. The staff are super friendly and helpful and speak in english (which helped me a lot!) as well as spanish. I always felt secure at Casa Volante, I would recommend this hostel to everybody! They have superb ratings because they have earned them!

Really nice hostel with a good atmosphere. The breakfast is not included but there are free fruits and eggs wich is really nice. Definetly recommended!

Overall a good hostel except that our bed (private double room 2) was extremely noisy anytime you even slightly moved...

Just great, I think one of the best hostels where I've been, everything clean, secure and great staff.

they have free fruit and real (!) coffee all day long. Really comfy (!) beds. In the morning when I needed to leave, the front door was locked, so i had to look for the key at the reception desk which was not occupied... Besides that incidence, everything was really great

The hostel was ok, but not as shown in the pictures. It is a lot smaller than it appears to be. The bathroom wasn't very clean. It's very chill, don't stay there if you expect meeting people. The staff was nice and the location is great tough. I would stay there again.

Pros: Nice common areas and beds. Have REAL COFFEE with proper coffee makers and leaf teas. Cons: Hot water in only one shower. No breakfast. Still a good choice.