Casa Volante Hostal Reviews

Pasaje Fischer 27, Cerro Concepción, Valparaiso, Chile

Hostel was nice and security very good. Location is perfect, close to everything. Staff is nice, kitchen is good, breakfast very nice, free fruit, coffee & tea all day was such a surprise! Social area is a little small but it's very cosy and nice! Beds are good as well! Would definitely recommend this hostel, liked it!

Overall pretty good hostel stay, I did wake up with bites on my legs and arms. Some mite in the bed sheets, other than that everything was great. Would recommend.

The staff was lovely! Very helpful even though we didn't speak the same language. The bed was comfortable and the shared bathroom was kept clean. Hot water and wifi worked just fine. The breakfast however needs a little upgrading though. Overall, a very good experience!

Excellent hostel, lovely staff, very comfy beds, clean bathrooms and good breakfast. Free tea and coffee whenever you like and lovely living room to chill out in. Easy to find and a great location for exploring the beautiful Valparaiso. They even hosted a lovely barbecue where we met all the other guests and had a lovely evening. Would fully recommend.

I felt that this hostel was in a prime location to see everything. The hostel itself was really pleasant. To enter the hostel you have to ring the bell and get let it, and then to get to where I was staying it involves 3 more doors/keys. I had an incredible time! Though there were two sections, I didn't feel isolated or anything.

Very comfortable bed, simple but decent breakfast. Great location.

Great place to stay, staff was very friendly and helpful. If I'm ever in Valparaiso again I'll probable stay there for a great location and a good way to save a few dollars.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Valparaiso is a beautiful city and this hostel puts you right at the heart of it. We stayed in the private twin- beds were very comfy and pillows too! Hostel feels homely unlike some of the bigger more hotel-like hostels we've stayed in. Showers are always warm and WiFi has been very speedy during our stay!

Great hostel!

Fantastic place! Location is perfect, close to the harbor and all cute passages of Bohemian Valparaiso. The Hostel itself has a very nice environment, staff are all super nice and helpful, and they will give you great recommendations to fully enjoy your stay in "Valpo", even if you are just staying for the night. My girlfriend and I opted for one of the private rooms and it was super comfortable and pleasant. I will definitely be back at Casa Volante for my next visit to Valpo.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Mexico

It was a great place to stay. I recommend it.

• 13th Jun 2015

The tempur pedic pillows made our sleep the most comfortable of any hostel we´ve stayed at. The location was unbeatable.

• 5th Jun 2015

Pros: Good beds, nice decoration and helpful staff. Cons: the door lock broke, shower wasn't working well.

Stayed in 4 bed dorm. Great place in great location and really nice staff. Would definitely stay here again!

Very good breakfast

The hostel itself is nice, with a nice common living area and dining area. However, for the most part the staff were not very helpful or friendly. Staff were not helpful in recommending anything to do in Valpo. At times staff seemed bothered that you would even be asking them a question. The owner is very kind though and is willing to help. Any atmosphere at the hostel is killed when you are kicked out of the common spaces at midnight. If you are looking for a social environment this isn't it.

Comfortable beds, good facilities all around. Very nice and helpful staff. Met some cool people at one of the great asados they do here

Great hostel, really.

Very bad hostel. I stay in Chile for 3 weeks and this hostel is the worst. I never come back.

I'm quite sure it was the best hostel I ever been. We were not in the main building but for what I've seen it was definitely much better!