Casa Volante Hostal Reviews

Pasaje Fischer 27, Cerro Concepción, Valparaiso, Chile

Nice ambiance, nice staff, some rooms, only 2 showers per gender which can be an issue sometimes. No lockers. Definitely a nice place.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Wifi was good, hot water, staff really nice. Little bit cold in the rooms but they provide heaters.

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. I'll definitely be back!

We stayed in an apartment which was spacious and comfortable but did not have great security (could easily climb in windows and they could not lock) and the shower was interesting. Great location in town close to everything you need. Coffee good.

hi, thanks a lot for your review, it's really important for us. And thanks even more for let us know about the non working locker on that window that you mentioned. this week we ll change it for a new and truly secure one. best regards!

Me quedé en el departamento de arriba y lo encontré espectacular. Muy bien equipado, limpio y agradable.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Chile

Very great Hostel experience. Great location, informative and helpful staff, very clean.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Had a wonderful stay at casa volante this past week. Everything was really top notch. The hospitality of the staff and good community of the hostel really made this stay fantastic. Not sure when we will return to valpo next, but we will stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 29th Mar 2015

The hostel is devided in 2 housesr. The house where I stayed has many common places but at breakfast time the table fell short and most of days we have to wait for a seat. You felt secure knowing that to enter the hostel you had to ring the door bell and wait until someone came to open, on the other hand we wait several minutes most of the times. When my friend couldn't take a shower the person in charge at that time didn't know how to turn it on either and suggest she shower on the other house.

A pretty laid back hostel right in the heart of town. Very clean and super comfortable beds.

Very nice hostel, comfortable beds, great atmosphere and the staff are the best they helped me a lot Calling around to different hospitals when I needed a special skindoctor very quickly. All respect to you guys! //Sweden

Was a really cool hostel and great staff (especially the small guy with glasses) ! Amazing BBQ, with far too much wine ! Would definitely stay here again

The location is great, the staff were helpful, the bed and pillows at the private room are good and clean. The breakfast wasn't good, the fruts and cereal wasn't enough for everybody.

• 1st Mar 2015

There is a reason this hostel is over all so highly rated. Most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hostel, the cutest atmosphere, best location, and great breakfast. The WIFI is good (which is rare) and they know the meaning of the phrase "spotless" when it comes to cleanliness. Staff is really fun and welcoming too.

Very, very nice place!! We felt super comfortable! Highly recommended

The staff were amazing and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable.

Amazing Hostel.Staff were fantastic, felt very warm

Nice little hostel. Nice breakfast with some fruit for a change. Coffee and tea are nice. Only cons were our room was a bit noisy as could hear the reception bell (too loud and too long) and the buzzer whenever someone comes in. Our room also smelt like the engine room of a boat. Strange. Nice little side patio. Large twin bunk beds in our room but not the comfiest. Kitchen is tiny. More than 2 people and it's crowded. But still functionable. Super fast wifi.

Friendly and helpful staff. Nice location. The Tuesday asado is rather good value, in my opinion. Excellent cleanliness: sanitaries are cleaned several times a day. One annoying thing: I had to change room, although I booked three nights in the first place (without extending my stay); but they offered me a free artesanal beer in compensation so, hey, that was not that bad. The last night, the people below were engaged in a decibel contest; nothing to blame the hostel for, but still a pain.

Great and very helpful stuff with good communication of English (Mariano and Carolina), would recommend this hostel to many others.

By far, the coolest hostel that we stayed at during our multi-week Chile trip. The new apartment (double private) was great. The staff was fantastic also.

• 19th Jan 2015