Casa Volante Hostal Reviews

Pasaje Fischer 27, Cerro Concepción, Valparaiso, Chile

Very bad hostel. I stay in Chile for 3 weeks and this hostel is the worst. I never come back.

I'm quite sure it was the best hostel I ever been. We were not in the main building but for what I've seen it was definitely much better!

Located right on one of the hills with all the art. You can walk to the port, the main square and the restaurant area all in less than 10 minutes. Keep in mind, this is a walking city. The internet works fairly well and they have a small breakfast. Staff are friendly, but not all speak English. Shower/ restroom is old and doesn't look the best, but is clean.

Awesome hostel. Really nice staff, good location, good breakfast, nice atmosphere. One of the best I stayed in in South America. Would highly recommend!

Decent hostel in the heart of the touristic district. No lockers in the room but locking doors you get a key for.

Clean well run hostel in the heart of Valparaiso. Helpful staff and decent wifi. Rooms are in an old house with high ceilings and wood floors which makes for good atmosphere.

Nice ambiance, nice staff, some rooms, only 2 showers per gender which can be an issue sometimes. No lockers. Definitely a nice place.

Wifi was good, hot water, staff really nice. Little bit cold in the rooms but they provide heaters.

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. I'll definitely be back!

We stayed in an apartment which was spacious and comfortable but did not have great security (could easily climb in windows and they could not lock) and the shower was interesting. Great location in town close to everything you need. Coffee good.

hi, thanks a lot for your review, it's really important for us. And thanks even more for let us know about the non working locker on that window that you mentioned. this week we ll change it for a new and truly secure one. best regards!

Me quedé en el departamento de arriba y lo encontré espectacular. Muy bien equipado, limpio y agradable.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Chile

Very great Hostel experience. Great location, informative and helpful staff, very clean.

Had a wonderful stay at casa volante this past week. Everything was really top notch. The hospitality of the staff and good community of the hostel really made this stay fantastic. Not sure when we will return to valpo next, but we will stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 29th Mar 2015

The hostel is devided in 2 housesr. The house where I stayed has many common places but at breakfast time the table fell short and most of days we have to wait for a seat. You felt secure knowing that to enter the hostel you had to ring the door bell and wait until someone came to open, on the other hand we wait several minutes most of the times. When my friend couldn't take a shower the person in charge at that time didn't know how to turn it on either and suggest she shower on the other house.

A pretty laid back hostel right in the heart of town. Very clean and super comfortable beds.

Very nice hostel, comfortable beds, great atmosphere and the staff are the best they helped me a lot Calling around to different hospitals when I needed a special skindoctor very quickly. All respect to you guys! //Sweden

Was a really cool hostel and great staff (especially the small guy with glasses) ! Amazing BBQ, with far too much wine ! Would definitely stay here again

The location is great, the staff were helpful, the bed and pillows at the private room are good and clean. The breakfast wasn't good, the fruts and cereal wasn't enough for everybody.

• 1st Mar 2015

There is a reason this hostel is over all so highly rated. Most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hostel, the cutest atmosphere, best location, and great breakfast. The WIFI is good (which is rare) and they know the meaning of the phrase "spotless" when it comes to cleanliness. Staff is really fun and welcoming too.

Very, very nice place!! We felt super comfortable! Highly recommended