Casa Yoses Hostel Reviews

8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica

Really friendly staff but oh my goodness the noise at night! Had to get up at 4.30 for a bus and the music below my window only stopped blaring at 2.00. if you are a "party traveller" you'll like it, if you want to relax and catch a few Zzzs maybe not....

Nice place, though every San Jose hostel leaves a strange vibe with me...

I enjoyed my short stay, the staff was nice, the rooms clean and spacy, free coffee is always a big plus aswell. I guess i was lucky that it was not high season and i stayed in a 10 people dorm with only two others. I felt welcome, but had my privacy. Would visit again, thumbs up:)

the staff was great and helpful, and the breakfast offered every morning was better than what I expected, especially the Pinto. I would recommend this place to anyone searching a place to stay at San Jose for a few days.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Panama

My only real complaint about casa yoses is the noise. The first two nights we stayed there, our room was very near to the outdoor patio area and even with the windows closed, we could hear music blasting from the speakers until at least 3 in the morning. I understand that people like to have a good time at hostels, but it would be nice if there could be "quiet hours" (at least from stereo music) so people can get some sleep. Even being a heavy sleeper, I left Casa Yoses pretty sleep deprived.

• 30th May 2015

Only problem was the night the disco was open. Not what I wanted

• 18th May 2015

Good place to stay for visiting San Jose. The kitchen is big and clean and they a big common area with tv and games. They just have three bath rooms for all the dorms though. The breakfast was two times just Pancakes and Cornflakes, which was okay for two days.

I love Casa Yoses. It's my home away from home - every time I come through San Jose, I stay here and I know I'll be among friends, new and old. The atmosphere is super chill and the price is right. Staff is very helpful, just ask if you need anything. Not to mention breakfast is out of this world! Good vibes all around. Thank you!

• 31st Mar 2015

Pros: looks cool, bar next door, no keys needed (reception is open nonstop), easygoing and helping staff Cons: terrible kitchen (cooking almost impossible, pots and dishes like taken from a junkyard, fridge without shelves - no space for more than like 2 people), no towels

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

I opted to try this hostel because it described itself as being quieter and a bit calmer than the other "party" hostels, which I have stayed at. Quite the contrary as I never had a hard time getting sleep at those other placeThe room we were in overlooked the courtyard which meant that we had absolutely no peace until after 3 am, it was quite loud between conversations, music and billiards. I understand being out late, but after midnight is unnecessary. We had to wake up at 4:30 for our flight.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Bathroom and Dorm were very dirty. Staff was nice, but not very helpfull. We had no water for the first hours after arrival.

I really liked the attention , I hope to return soon

• 16th Mar 2015

Nice staff who helped with questions and directions. Good breakfeast and nice staff there as well!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Not very clean but the staff was nice, although not very knowledgeable about tours etc. The building is a bit run down and the bathrooms were horrible but wifi worked and breakfast was provided

• 11th Mar 2015

Ive stayed at this hostel about 8 times over the last 5-6 years, and I wont ever be back. The last 2 times I was there, the place had basically turned into a really lame party for 19 year olds whom just discovered alcohol and top 40s music. Its nearly impossible to sleep with the music, drunk kids that disrespect everyone's space, and no staff members who could possibly care. Front gates left open all night, no security. Also, worst food Ive ever eaten in my life, at very very high prices.

There breakfast was very good which consisted of cereal, pancakes, sometimes egg and fruit. I met people from Norway, Germany, US and Canada. They were all very nice!

The breakfast was great! It was cereal, egg, pancakes and fruit and morning coffee. The bedroom was great with the exception of the falling down curtain. The visitors were from Germany, Canada, United States, Ireland, Australia, Norway and many others. The guest were nice and a delight to chat with.

Nice place but not a lot of bathrooms. A little loud if you wanna sleep. Nice facilities and good free breakfast in the morning. Bar next door is actually pretty cool. One of the girls working at the desk is super hot.

Casa Yoses is the bomb! Definitely going back if I ever need a place to stay in San Jose. Safe, cool, friendly, clean, free breakfast, great atmosphere. Super sweet digs man.

• 22nd Feb 2015