Casa Yoses Hostel Reviews

8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica

Only problem was the night the disco was open. Not what I wanted

• 18th May 2015

Good place to stay for visiting San Jose. The kitchen is big and clean and they a big common area with tv and games. They just have three bath rooms for all the dorms though. The breakfast was two times just Pancakes and Cornflakes, which was okay for two days.

Pros: looks cool, bar next door, no keys needed (reception is open nonstop), easygoing and helping staff Cons: terrible kitchen (cooking almost impossible, pots and dishes like taken from a junkyard, fridge without shelves - no space for more than like 2 people), no towels

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

I opted to try this hostel because it described itself as being quieter and a bit calmer than the other "party" hostels, which I have stayed at. Quite the contrary as I never had a hard time getting sleep at those other placeThe room we were in overlooked the courtyard which meant that we had absolutely no peace until after 3 am, it was quite loud between conversations, music and billiards. I understand being out late, but after midnight is unnecessary. We had to wake up at 4:30 for our flight.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Bathroom and Dorm were very dirty. Staff was nice, but not very helpfull. We had no water for the first hours after arrival.

I really liked the attention , I hope to return soon

• 16th Mar 2015

Nice staff who helped with questions and directions. Good breakfeast and nice staff there as well!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Not very clean but the staff was nice, although not very knowledgeable about tours etc. The building is a bit run down and the bathrooms were horrible but wifi worked and breakfast was provided

• 11th Mar 2015

Ive stayed at this hostel about 8 times over the last 5-6 years, and I wont ever be back. The last 2 times I was there, the place had basically turned into a really lame party for 19 year olds whom just discovered alcohol and top 40s music. Its nearly impossible to sleep with the music, drunk kids that disrespect everyone's space, and no staff members who could possibly care. Front gates left open all night, no security. Also, worst food Ive ever eaten in my life, at very very high prices.

There breakfast was very good which consisted of cereal, pancakes, sometimes egg and fruit. I met people from Norway, Germany, US and Canada. They were all very nice!

The breakfast was great! It was cereal, egg, pancakes and fruit and morning coffee. The bedroom was great with the exception of the falling down curtain. The visitors were from Germany, Canada, United States, Ireland, Australia, Norway and many others. The guest were nice and a delight to chat with.

Nice place but not a lot of bathrooms. A little loud if you wanna sleep. Nice facilities and good free breakfast in the morning. Bar next door is actually pretty cool. One of the girls working at the desk is super hot.

Casa Yoses is the bomb! Definitely going back if I ever need a place to stay in San Jose. Safe, cool, friendly, clean, free breakfast, great atmosphere. Super sweet digs man.

• 22nd Feb 2015

My regular hostel was full so I booked with Casa Yoses. Their driver was there waiting at the airport with my name on a sign, that was nice. Got to the hostel after midnight but they were still open and even had a BBQ going too. Good rooms, good beds, wifi and hot showers. Convenient part of town, supermarket 2 min walk away - past 2 or 3 decent bars/clubs. Good find overall. Actually booked here again for the 2 nites b4 my trip back home, was cheaper at front desk than online - hint, hint... ;)

• 4th Feb 2015

I was pleasantly suprised by this hostel, felt just like home, great brekfast, hot water in showers! the atmosphere was great and the staff was very helpul with trip coordination ! I would definitely recommand Casa Yoses to anyone staying in San José ! I had my flight back home so I had to leave, but I wish I had stayed there longer !

Casa Yoses was great. The staff was friendly and eager to help, the location couldn't be better and the free breakfast was a great addition as well. For anybody passing through San Jose, Casa Yoses is the spot.

• 29th Jan 2015

Stayed only for a night. We could hear the bar next door in the rooms. Reviewing based on one night is not fair.