Casa Yoses Hostel Reviews

8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica

Not so clean. Only 6 lockers in 10 bed dormitory (2 destroyed), 4 available. Worst thing : very very noisy ! Load music until 3am from the bar beside the hostel, every night except Sunday, bar closed Bar co-owned by the owner of the hostel. If you want to sleep, don't stay here !

• 4th Feb 2016

I went to Costa Rica for work, and found Casa Yoses through Hostelworld. When I arrived, I was immediately greeted by Fee, who was both friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I had a single room on the top floor, but shared bathroom facilities, that were cleaned daily. For an affordable hostel, I met all kinds of friendly people. Breakfast was good, the staff kind, and facilities good. It can be loud at night. All the hostels are on the roads with bars. Bring your earplugs and you'll be fine.

Booked hostal to pick me up. They didn't. Left me to take a private can making me feel unsafe straight off the airplane . It is literally located between 2 nightclubs.. Some staff helpful, some not. Able to eat at the night club across the balcony. Balcony was not bad. Just wouldn't come back. Slept like 2 hours both nights due to nightclub. Move on ppl ! I'm not a party person. If u want to get drunk and party then u will like this hole. Also ? No hot water. Coldest shower ever !

• 20th Jan 2016

It was said on the website that the party takes place 5min away from the hostel. That is why we chose it - not to be in a party spot. But with the bar next door it was quite loud during the night.

• 20th Jan 2016

This was my first hostel ever and it really set the bar high. Everyone was welcoming & helpful, the location was safe & accessible to many activities, and the breakfast was awesome! I honestly believe the vibe here attracts interesting people from around the world; in addition, there is a cool little bar next door! The only hiccup was late one night they ran out of hot water, but otherwise the facilities accommodate all needs & I would recommend this place to everyone flying into San Jose!!!

Nice hostel with ice cold showers.

The staff were very helpful from the start, and the lobby/dining area/common room seemed very nice and had lots of amenities like computers and couches and games. Very impressive and welcoming, however our room and bathroom were a different story. The 3 of us were put in a 6 person room w/ a shared bathroom, but I had actually booked a 3 person private bath. Oh well, saved money going shared. But FILTHY bathroom and smelly bedroom. The whole area smelled of cat urine and bathroom was appalling.

This is place is too noisy. I could not sleep all night long because the bar next had a full blown party with a very loud music.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Definitely a nice location. Close to some bars and there is even one right across the foyer. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. If I came back to San Jose it would probably be the only hostel I go to.

• 24th Nov 2015

Casa Yoses was undoubtedly one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at , and I've done around 40 or so in the last 6 months. The staff are friendly and helpful, the facilities are excellent, the breakfast is very generous and the whole place has a nice relaxed vibe. I highly recommend this place and will definitely stay there again next time I'm in San Jose.

Perfect for my requirements. I came to San Jose from Nicaragua and stayed at this hostel for a few days before catching my flight to Hawaii. The staff were all friendly and helpful, dorms were clean, and the kitchen was good. I found it difficult to sleep at night due to the nightlife, but I don't think you can blame that on the hostel, I may have been unlucky with my timings and it being the weekend and all. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

Very good stay at Casa Yoses to begin my trip on Costa Rica. The atmosphere is really pleasent, the staff is nice ans the breakfast is good!!

• 10th Nov 2015

the relation price vs quality is worth it, you have all that you need: Wifi, hot water, games, tv, kitchen, etc everything is clean and the price very cheap

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Panama

Nice common area, next to a bar and some other bars around so it can be a little noisy. Great breakfast