Casa Yoses Hostel Reviews

8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica

Stayed only for a night. We could hear the bar next door in the rooms. Reviewing based on one night is not fair.

The staff made me feel welcome and almost home during my stay. The only point to improved is the wáter supply for the second floo

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Panama

It is conveniently located close to various places to go out to at night.

• 6th Sep 2014

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but that was about the only nice thing. The bar next door was loud and we could smell the cigarette smoke through the windows. The girls' bathroom was kind of gross - hair all over the shower. We were pretty disappointed with breakfast. By the time we got there there was no fruit left, and the pancake batter was too thin to make a decent pancake. I didn't want to have cereal with milk because I didn't know how long the milk had been out.

• 10th Aug 2014

The hostel had all male workers. Because of this, it was more like a bachelor pad. Not everything was as clean as it should of been. There were no utensils to cook w/

• 2nd Aug 2014

The hostel was terrible! It's cheap, but they didn't even tell me if there was a shower or not. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay and don't care about anything, this might be it. They did have 24 desk hours and above average security, but I will NEVER stay there again.

The place was in a great location and had a great staff. Unfortunately these are my only positives. It was not very clean in my room or either bathrooms. One bathroom was in and out of service, I saw poop and blood in there and was leaking dingy water into the kitchen. The morning pancakes were ok but kind of a flop. The bar next door seemed cool, but really loud all night and a lot of cigarette smoke. My private room was convenient for locking stuff, but not worth the $25, wouldn't stay again.

The place is adequate, though the sheets in our room were very dingy and seemed less than clean. Casa Yoses made for a decent place to spend the night and leave first thing in the morning.

• 29th Jul 2014