8.2
Fabulous 366 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 366 Total Reviews
Casa Yoses Hostel Located at 8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose San Jose none 8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses
82% 366
9.9311008 -84.0592770
    Rooms available

17th Jul 2016

Guys from reception are very friendly! Breakfast not bad!

7th Jul 2016

Stayed there a couple nights before my flight out of San Jose. The staff was superb and very helpful. I loved the location, the neighborhood seemed very safe and was walking distance from the mall. I would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself back in San Jose!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

I really wanted to love my stay at Casa Yoses. The staff were all helpful and friendly, and the facilities are good, especially for the low price. However, the bed was extremely uncomfortable, and despite signs asking for quiet after a certain time, both the guests and the bar next door were very loud way past midnight. And the shared bathrooms could've been cleaner. It was an ok stay but I slept terribly on both nights because of the noise and sagging foam mattress. I wouldn't stay here again.

30th Jun 2016
7.1

I really enjoyed the breakfast, it is the first time I like a breakfast in a hostel. The room was not what I expected, it smell weird. Something fell under my bed and it was dirty there, the toilet was not very clean either. The place needs a refurbish, the furniture is dirty and old, it also may need a painting job All this was compensated by a nice discount in the price but most of all, the kindness and friendliness of the staff.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
1st Jun 2016
6.3

This place is affordable and you get what you pay for The music is so loud in the restaurant that the rooms surround and I'm not sure why they would blast night club music to three guest playing pool.

11th May 2016

Nice place to meet people, nice chilled out spots in the Hostel too. About a 30min walk to the city center, but you can get a bus. Only negative is the loud bar next door and if you're in the big dorm the music doesn't stop until about 2am, so it's hard to sleep before then.

9th May 2016

Mostly young people frequent this hostel. Atmosphere is lively. Location is slightly east of downtown. You make your own pancakes and eggs, but you get plenty to run on. My main complaint was the substandard shower facilities and the scarcity of hot water.

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th May 2016

I stay here every time I fly into Costa Rica. The place has everything you need and the staff is very helpful. I love to relax in the garden area and play some pool. Also, the breakfast is always killer!

29th Apr 2016
4.0

I was harrased by one of their guest-informants for three days. Informant is a polite euphamism for agent-provacateur; the later is descriptive. I finally confronted this person verbally. Management heard everything and didn't even respond. Consider this place unsafe. There was also a young man who appeared to be a guest using the webcam on his laptop to record video of everyone in the living room area. I saw myself moving on his display as I walked by. He had the window completely maximized.

19th Apr 2016

Impeccable. Excellent facilities, awesome staff, incredible kitchen, and the best hostel breakfast I've ever had. I'd have spent few more days in San José if I'd known this place is so brilliant