Fabulous 358 Total Reviews
Fabulous 358 Total Reviews
Casa Yoses Hostel Located at 8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose San Jose none 8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses
83% 358
9.9311008 -84.0592770
    Rooms available

11th May 2016

Nice place to meet people, nice chilled out spots in the Hostel too. About a 30min walk to the city center, but you can get a bus. Only negative is the loud bar next door and if you're in the big dorm the music doesn't stop until about 2am, so it's hard to sleep before then.

9th May 2016

Mostly young people frequent this hostel. Atmosphere is lively. Location is slightly east of downtown. You make your own pancakes and eggs, but you get plenty to run on. My main complaint was the substandard shower facilities and the scarcity of hot water.

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th May 2016

I stay here every time I fly into Costa Rica. The place has everything you need and the staff is very helpful. I love to relax in the garden area and play some pool. Also, the breakfast is always killer!

29th Apr 2016
4.0

I was harrased by one of their guest-informants for three days. Informant is a polite euphamism for agent-provacateur; the later is descriptive. I finally confronted this person verbally. Management heard everything and didn't even respond. Consider this place unsafe. There was also a young man who appeared to be a guest using the webcam on his laptop to record video of everyone in the living room area. I saw myself moving on his display as I walked by. He had the window completely maximized.

19th Apr 2016

Impeccable. Excellent facilities, awesome staff, incredible kitchen, and the best hostel breakfast I've ever had. I'd have spent few more days in San José if I'd known this place is so brilliant

• Panama, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2016
8.0

For a good night sleep i recommend you stay in rooms that don't face the patio, it gets very noisy due to people attending the bar and then staying around talking and yelling in the area after it closes.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
8th Apr 2016

Great hostel for travellers in San Jose. Good location and friendly staff made it very enjoyable. Music from the bar next door can get loud at times but so can the streets of San Jose. Such is the nature of staying in the capital city. Would recommend to travellers who aren't afraid of a little noise.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
22nd Mar 2016

I enjoyed this hostel a lot. Nice location, excellent gallo pinto for breakfast and overall a good vibe - the right mix of party times and relaxation. The staff are great, particularly Julio and Mahlu who made my stay especially memorable. Cheers you two!

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

Hostel itself is pretty regular, they have everything you need and the breakfast is good. The only thing I would complain about is the squeaky bed I had. The girl in the reception Fee is INCREDIBLE ! She recommended me places to go around and gave me a secret Subway menu.

12th Mar 2016
7.4

I enjoyed my stay here. It was clean and affordable. Great atmosphere, especially if you want to party as there is a bar there that keeps the place lively. Staff was super helpful and kind. Easy bus ride to downtown. I gave the place a poor rating on security, because while I was there two females had a laptop and camera stolen from them, AND they were in lockers. Just a heads up.