Casa Yoses Hostel Reviews

8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica

Really friendly staff but oh my goodness the noise at night! Had to get up at 4.30 for a bus and the music below my window only stopped blaring at 2.00. if you are a "party traveller" you'll like it, if you want to relax and catch a few Zzzs maybe not....

Nice place, though every San Jose hostel leaves a strange vibe with me...

I enjoyed my short stay, the staff was nice, the rooms clean and spacy, free coffee is always a big plus aswell. I guess i was lucky that it was not high season and i stayed in a 10 people dorm with only two others. I felt welcome, but had my privacy. Would visit again, thumbs up:)

the staff was great and helpful, and the breakfast offered every morning was better than what I expected, especially the Pinto. I would recommend this place to anyone searching a place to stay at San Jose for a few days.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Panama

My only real complaint about casa yoses is the noise. The first two nights we stayed there, our room was very near to the outdoor patio area and even with the windows closed, we could hear music blasting from the speakers until at least 3 in the morning. I understand that people like to have a good time at hostels, but it would be nice if there could be "quiet hours" (at least from stereo music) so people can get some sleep. Even being a heavy sleeper, I left Casa Yoses pretty sleep deprived.

• 30th May 2015

Only problem was the night the disco was open. Not what I wanted

• 18th May 2015

Good place to stay for visiting San Jose. The kitchen is big and clean and they a big common area with tv and games. They just have three bath rooms for all the dorms though. The breakfast was two times just Pancakes and Cornflakes, which was okay for two days.