Casa Yoses Hostel Reviews

8th Ave 41 St, 250 west from Spoon in Los Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica

the private room was very small but clean. The private bathroom (with key) was disgusting and dirty with dirty towels, a sandy bathtub and no place to shower (it was a giant jacuzzi tub with a shower nozzle dangling from it) so i had to use the regular bathroom which had little to no hot water.It was a nice enough stay and it was later in the evening so maybe other people had used it but it was pretty gross.

The bathrooms and plumbing are in constant need of fixing!

Hostel is in a good location, we found it easily , they have a place where to park a car inside. The staff was very friendly , they helped us a lot with orientation in the city . Rooms were ok,but there was a dust on the furniture and the bathroom wasnt so clean as i have seen in other places in costarica for the same or less money. Breakfast was included which was nice .

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

A great hostel in downtown San Jose. It is clean and comfortable and good value for money, it even includes a free breakfast. The staff and facilities are great, it has a tv room, pool table, bar and well equipped kitchen. Its also a good place to meet people. I would definitely recommend it

It was excellent! Great customer service! People were really nice and supportive! I highly recommend this place to stay.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Nicaragua

I would say this hostel does not live up to HI's standards, mostly due to it being rather filthy! My private room smelled like smoke and had a horrible blow-up bed with sheets that didn't fit and a blanket over the louvered windows that fell off within a few minutes of check-in. There was only cold water in the kitchen so washing dishes got the same result as when camping. The staff was super nice and accommodating!

• 11th Nov 2013

The people who work there are Really really nice guys, they gave me some extremely important travel advice. Nice setup, only complaint was that my "private room" had an air mattress which was quite uncomfortable. But hey it's a hostel right?

The staff were kind but were not very knowledgable because they were quite obviously stoned every time we talked to one of them. Also we paid $30 for a night for a double bed and a shared bathroom. That was pricey considering it was an air mattress and when we requested a pump to add air were told they didn't have one. I was supposed to get a security deposit back for returning the key but didn't. We were running late so I didn't push it but it bothered me.

• 25th Oct 2013