Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

The hostel is just great! Nice and mixed staff, comfy common areas, large kitchen, roof terrace with barbecue. the only downside is the street noise from cars and planes, but that can't be helped much. the location itself is very central. my advice: get the 12 bed dorm instead of the smaller ones. why? because it's huge (more space per person) and has its own bathroom and little balconies. enjoy!

Such friendly and welcoming staff. Had a lovely stay :)

Thank you so much for you review. We hope to see you soon in the house. ;-)

Coming here for the 8th time tells you something about this Hostel, Which i now regard as my home when i arrive at Faro!

Well Lad, we are sure to see you very soon at the house. Always a pleasure to have you around and have some beers with you.

The best run hostel we've been to in Europe - super clean and in a huge building! Large comfy common room with good wifi and really homely atmosphere. Delicious dinners offered every night for £5-10 and breakfast is decent. The 12 bed dorm was really big and bright with nice ensuite facilities, personal reading light and power socket and a huge trunk locker. Perfectly central and near bus station so couldn't recommend more :)

Thank you so much for your review. We like to have this homely atmosphere to it because it is also how we ourselves feel here with our guests. Hope to see you again soon.

Had an amazing stay at Casa d'Algoa. Lovely house, beds, staff, food, common areas and location. I loved it so much I came back! The staff are all so friendly and helpful. The hostel is extremely well kept- clean, spacious, great beds and bathrooms. Would definitely recommend it

Thanks for the fantastic review and visiting us. When you come back we might have some improvements to show you. Our cleaning crew really gives its best to have that house spotless. Thank you again

Great hostel!! I was there for 5 days and I felt like home. People that are working are amazing, very kind and lovely. Totally recomended. BBQ and dinner were fantastic!! I´m sure that I´ll go again

Very kind review. Thank you so much. We do love our BBQ with our fantastic guests. We have a lot of fun going out with everyone afterwards also :-). Hope to see you soon again

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I was travelling alone and found it very easy to meet other people in the social areas. The hostel was very clean. They organise some events through out the week and make meals in the evening (8euros)

• 30th Aug 2014

Great having you around the house too. Thanks for joining our events and sharing your stories with everyone

Very good hostel! Stayed there for 2 nights and had a wonderful time.

• 30th Aug 2014

Thank you so much for your visit. Great to know you had a wonderful time there.

One of the most social hostels I've been to. The staff is mostly made up of travellers as well and they would spend the evening's out with us too. They were all really friendly and open to any questions you might have or just to have a conversation with. The wall in the common room provides you with all the necessary information to travel in Faro and around the Algarves. Only, the room in the 12 bed dorm was never locked, so if you go bring a lock for your valuables.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Thanks for your review and for great input. We also love the social scene of this house and you are absolutely right, people get too comfortable and forget to lock the room doors. We are currently negotiating a solution for that. Even though nothing ever been stolen here we do understand the feeling you had and we will correct it.

Stayed here twice at the start and the end of my trip to Portugal. Friendly young chaps and ladies in the hostel, the owner was great, kind and friendly. Everyone was friendly. CHEAPEST SAGRES in TOWN available here !! Spacious beds, clean shower, wide hallways, cozy and lovely lounge for chilling. One small tiny problem is the need of more strong and powerful fans. Faro is just a little too warm. Other than that all is good !! 4.9 stars out of 5.

Hey great to have you around the house too. Great times going around town. Next time lets check those beers (sagres) again. Great to point out the fans. We actually think that the we need not more powerful but more of them maybe we will find a way to have on per person (still checking for the best solution for next year).

The staff were awesome, family feel- staff makes sure everyone is having a great time. They had all you can drink sangria/beer and great family dinners- even brought in a local Portuguese chef to cook. Ended up staying an extra 2 nights because we met so many great people. Two things- beach was not easily accessible, but can take a 20min ferry and there wasn't a bar scene.

Thanks for your review and for joining our great night with the BBQ and the dinners. About the beach, it is as you said, we have a natural park between the city and the beaches but that also makes our beaches quite unique ;-). You can go by bike (through the natural park), by bus or by boat (on the channels of the natural park). About the bar scene it is true that here things start to get full very late so sometimes we also think that there is nobody coming out.

Had a really great stay, would recommend and I will be coming back! Everyone was very friendly :) thank you :)

• 17th Aug 2014

Thank you so much for visiting us and for the review. We hope to see you very soon at the house.

Me and my friend were in casa d'alagoa for 6 days/5 nights. We had an amazing time! The atmosphere is just great, the staff is wonderfull (and from all over the world) and will do everything in their power to help you. Their cooking is amazing, you really need to go to their saterday barbecue! We really recommend it for young people who want to have a fun time!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Thank so much for your review. We had a great time with you there. I hope you will come back soon and we will show you what kind of food we cook in winter time :-)

I really enjoyed my time here. The managers and all the staff are extremely friendly and very helpful! They made me feel right at home the moment I stepped through the door. I would recommend this hostel to anyone thinking of staying in Faro. I know I'll be back for sure! Dillon.

• 14th Aug 2014

Hey you! Amazing time we had at the house with you. Pleasure knowing you. Hope you will come back really soon and don't forget to use more sun screen next time :-P

Amazing atmosphere, they are ready to help you with whatever you need and the parties are great too!

Thank you for contributing to the atmosphere of the house. Nice to know you had a great stay at our house and we hope to see you really soon

Good clean hostel. Nice big patio, lots of room to hang out in the main room. Displays lots of useful information in the main room. Only issue was security. The room did not lock, so the key to the bedroom was pretty much useless. Also, the main door was left open quite often.

Thank you for your review and thank you for pointing out those issues. We took immediate action. We have changed the lock of that room and the main door has a spring that shuts it every time. Hope to see you back again at the house.

Really great hostel and great city. Wish all hostels had been like this on our trip. They had a Arabian Food Night that included belly dancing and sangrias and the boyfriend absolutely loved it. Atmosphere was unbeatable. Would love to go back!

Thank you for your visit and your review. The Arabian Night was quite fun. The idea started because we found out that one of our staff members could do belly dancing. Great to see that there was more guys interested on learning belly dancing than girls :-D :-D

More like a second home for me, I really love this hostel and all the staff. Everyone is so helpful which makes for a happy stay! Lots of different areas there to chill out. Really comfortable beds and such a great atmosphere every time. wonderful meals cooked nightly makes it a great way to meet all other travelers. I see no other reason to go to another Hostel when i visit Faro!

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review. Great to see that you felt great around the house. We feel very much at home here with all of our guests. The meals are a wonderful opportunity to meet the whole staff and the other guests. We had a fantastic time with you here. See you soon, I'm sure!

This was one of my favorite hostels that my wife and I stayed at on our trip. The staff was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly, everyone just wanted to have a good time. The dinner we had the night we stayed there was made by their "guest chefs" for the evening, three young boys who had been taking cooking classes. All I can say is they should keep it up because it was fantastic. The whole feel of the place is just spectacular.

Thanks for your comment and it is very good to hear that you had a lovely stay at our place. That night with the little guest chefs was amazing. Participating with them at the kitchen was very funny and very interesting to see how they did pull that off. Every Wednesday we have a guest chef that comes to cook for everyone. We will always try and surprise you with fantastic food and ideas. :-)

One of the best hostels I have stayed so far.

Thanks for the great review. Nice to see someone enjoying our house so much.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6