Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Modern but with a homely atmosphere! The staff were very considerate of me being sick and ensured that the lounge music and door bell were quieter at night so I could sleep well besides checking up on me when they saw me around. Social but not a party house which is what I prefer. Downside was the wifi not working in my room, but aside from that I really liked it and would stay here again.

Awesome hostel! Well organized, cheap beer at happy hour and amazing staff. What a lovely city.

A very cool building, clean rooms with extremely comfortable beds! Atmosphere was friendly enough but the staff could have been more helpful with information or suggestions about what to do in the Faro area. Cheap beers, the breakfast included goes until 11:00 which is nice, but it's a very basic breakfast - would have rather saved the 3 euro or so per night and just paid for my own breakfasts. If you want to lock up your stuff in the cubby under the bed, bring your own lock (not too thick).

• 11th Apr 2014

Community dinners are excellent, really social hostel great for meeting people!

Lovely hostel, very spacious but doesn't feel empty. Very helpful staff, great location, great atmosphere. Breakfast could be a little better, would be nice to have fruits. Thank you, I've had a perfect stay!

I've been to quite a few hostels and this is one of the best I stayed at. Nice atmosphere and really nice staff!!! I only stayed 3 days and I would have loved to stay a bit longer :)

• 7th Apr 2014

Nice building , well located, friendly helpful staff, nice food, and well priced.

Really friendly and clean hostel. Lovely place to stay and meet new people.

• 5th Apr 2014

The team at Casa D'Alagoa are phenomenal. They're super friendly, very chatty, and the barbecues that happen only during the summer months (we went on the 2nd weekend of the year) are AMAZING - all you can drink sangria and all you can eat piri piri chicken for €15. It's a lot compared to the prices in Portugal but the atmosphere is great. If you have time, I suggest renting bikes for a day, which is available at the hostel for €10, you can see lots more than Faro (we went to Tavira).

• 4th Apr 2014

One of the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying at! Unbeatable prices, the rooms are so clean, there is always good food about, the staff always go the extra mile to make your stay unforgettable (don't miss out on the BBQ with all you can drink sangria!) and the atmosphere is amazing feels like a home away from home so inviting and you get to meet amazing people from every possible corner of the globe!!! I recommend it 100%

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Stayed at this hostel for 4 nights last week and was very impressed with the very friendly atmosphere and excellent value for money.Owners and staff were very friendly and work hard to ensure all guests are happy.They even offered everyone a free meal when some rooms had a problem with their hot water for one night!The building and location are excellent.Hostel Meals and lack of TV mean people talk to each other which is wonderful if traveling alone.No problem with security if you bring a lock

I really enjoyed staying in Casa d´Alagoa. I felt very comfortable and most of the staff members are fantastic with the exception of a very rude English blonde girl but I guess that we all have our bad days. The facilities are great and this hostel it is really EXCELLENT value for money. Thank you.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • El Salvador

The staff is very friendly and there is a good atmosphere. The hostel is very clean, but there are not enough bathrooms Awesome hostel, I would recommend it.

Staff very friendly and helpful

Really nice place, lovely atmosphere and cool people. If im going back to Faro, I'd definitely try to stay there again. The only thing that bugged me a bit was the absence of a personal locker or cupboard to put my valuables. Sometimes I worried a bit about my stuff, but its not a big thing.

• 1st Apr 2014

Thank you so much for your stay and your review. We are very glad to inform you that the issue you reported is solved. We have personal lockers in the rooms now. Hope to see you soon in sunny Faro

Loved this place. From the staff, to the facilities and the excellent Portugese dinners! Martina and Claudia were very helpful too. Quite possibly the best hostel I've been to. Great value! Thanks guys.

as hostel workers ourselves, Claudia has shown what a true host should be. she has all the criteria ticked. however, not quite impress with the service given by the girl who was working on the morning shift at the reception. we asked help with directions but she showed little interest in helping. we thought it was just us but her tone of voice to a guy wasn't right as well. when we departed we were like invincible. i am sure something can be done to make future guest's stay a more enjoyable one.

Staff are so friendly and go to so much effort to make you feel welcome that it really has a family feel to it. Originally only booked to stay for one night before catching the plane home the next morning ended up cancelling my flight and staying another 3 days.....be warned one night is never enough at Casa D'Alagoa.

• 27th Mar 2014

I definitely recommend Casa D'Alagoa. The staff was really nice. Every night they organise a dinner with typical Portuguese food. Then, you have lunch with the whole staff which is great to get to know them better. The only bad thing about it is the price of the dinner: 7euros, I think it's a little expensive for what we have. Beds are really good and rooms are spacious. On the first night, I felt a little cold, but without saying anything, a radiator appeared in my room during the day.

Just adored this nice old house. My stay here will not be the last one for sure.

• 23rd Mar 2014