Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

One of the most social hostels I've been to. The staff is mostly made up of travellers as well and they would spend the evening's out with us too. They were all really friendly and open to any questions you might have or just to have a conversation with. The wall in the common room provides you with all the necessary information to travel in Faro and around the Algarves. Only, the room in the 12 bed dorm was never locked, so if you go bring a lock for your valuables.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Stayed here twice at the start and the end of my trip to Portugal. Friendly young chaps and ladies in the hostel, the owner was great, kind and friendly. Everyone was friendly. CHEAPEST SAGRES in TOWN available here !! Spacious beds, clean shower, wide hallways, cozy and lovely lounge for chilling. One small tiny problem is the need of more strong and powerful fans. Faro is just a little too warm. Other than that all is good !! 4.9 stars out of 5.

The staff were awesome, family feel- staff makes sure everyone is having a great time. They had all you can drink sangria/beer and great family dinners- even brought in a local Portuguese chef to cook. Ended up staying an extra 2 nights because we met so many great people. Two things- beach was not easily accessible, but can take a 20min ferry and there wasn't a bar scene.

Had a really great stay, would recommend and I will be coming back! Everyone was very friendly :) thank you :)

• 17th Aug 2014

Me and my friend were in casa d'alagoa for 6 days/5 nights. We had an amazing time! The atmosphere is just great, the staff is wonderfull (and from all over the world) and will do everything in their power to help you. Their cooking is amazing, you really need to go to their saterday barbecue! We really recommend it for young people who want to have a fun time!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my time here. The managers and all the staff are extremely friendly and very helpful! They made me feel right at home the moment I stepped through the door. I would recommend this hostel to anyone thinking of staying in Faro. I know I'll be back for sure! Dillon.

• 14th Aug 2014

Amazing atmosphere, they are ready to help you with whatever you need and the parties are great too!

Good clean hostel. Nice big patio, lots of room to hang out in the main room. Displays lots of useful information in the main room. Only issue was security. The room did not lock, so the key to the bedroom was pretty much useless. Also, the main door was left open quite often.

Really great hostel and great city. Wish all hostels had been like this on our trip. They had a Arabian Food Night that included belly dancing and sangrias and the boyfriend absolutely loved it. Atmosphere was unbeatable. Would love to go back!

One of the best hostels I have stayed so far.

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm in the middle of tourist season, but most of the beds were empty, so it was pretty nice. Also it was kind of split into two rooms. I'm not sure if there were lockers for my things, but I didn't ask and just kept everything on the bed with me as I was only there a night. The staff were friendly and helpful and knew the area well. It was well designed and the decor had a bit of a bohemian tone, which, depending on your tastes, is either pretty cool or just inoffensive.

• 5th Aug 2014

A nightmare!!! I paid for the night I didn't sleep at all because of that birthday party. I think the owners failed to realise that they need to provide equal comfort to all guests not only those who paid for the party. After midnight everyone seemed completely drunk and not only that...So it wasn't a secure place. The drunk people were wandering around the hostel screaming, smashing the doors. Our door was attacked by someone who was trying to get inside.The situation was out of control.

Everything was very good. There was a 3rd anniversary when I stayed there. They charged 25 € for one person to join the anniversary which I thought is too much. When I paid and went up where the people were eating the food was nearly finished and there was no place anymore. So I had to look for a place to sit. I think it was not worth 25 €. As to the rest, everything was great, helpful staff, clean and cool.. Will definitively go there again.

Not only is the staff friendly and helpful, but throughout the week and each weekend they host bbqs, parties, and themed dinners with the most amazing food and atmosphere. They even think of the guests who want a quiet night by guiding the guests who want to party to certain terraces, or even out to the bars and clubs in the city. :) The hostel is less than 10 minutes walk away from EVERYTHING in Faro, so it's the perfect location. The entire establishment is absolutely brilliant.

Absolutely beautiful hostel. The rooms are all massive with big lockers and amazing beds. They have a big information board with tons of different things to do as family dinners each night!

Lovely place

Great location. Good breakfast and group dinner. Very clean. Good service, very helpful staff. Very close to train station, bus station and ferry to islands.

Nice hostel, friendly people, Weird little town.

I intended to stay at Casa D'Alagoa for 3 nights, after the 2nd night at the hostel I cancelled my flights to another destination so I could stay for an additional 3 nights. From the moment I arrived the staff were very welcoming and happy to lend any assistance or answer any questions. The rooms were well kept and the bathrooms always tidy. The atmosphere this hostel provides fantastic and is essential to anyone looking for a good time. I'd highly recommend visiting Casa D'Alagoa, oh and Faro!

• 5th Jul 2014

Nice hostel in a good location. However a few things really let the place down: - some of the staff weren't very knowledgeable with recommending things to do and places to eat. - most of showers were clogged up - wifi did not extend to the bedrooms - all the beds still had their plastic sheeting still covering the mattress which was very annoying

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5