Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Amazing atmosphere, they are ready to help you with whatever you need and the parties are great too!

Good clean hostel. Nice big patio, lots of room to hang out in the main room. Displays lots of useful information in the main room. Only issue was security. The room did not lock, so the key to the bedroom was pretty much useless. Also, the main door was left open quite often.

Really great hostel and great city. Wish all hostels had been like this on our trip. They had a Arabian Food Night that included belly dancing and sangrias and the boyfriend absolutely loved it. Atmosphere was unbeatable. Would love to go back!

One of the best hostels I have stayed so far.

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm in the middle of tourist season, but most of the beds were empty, so it was pretty nice. Also it was kind of split into two rooms. I'm not sure if there were lockers for my things, but I didn't ask and just kept everything on the bed with me as I was only there a night. The staff were friendly and helpful and knew the area well. It was well designed and the decor had a bit of a bohemian tone, which, depending on your tastes, is either pretty cool or just inoffensive.

• 5th Aug 2014

A nightmare!!! I paid for the night I didn't sleep at all because of that birthday party. I think the owners failed to realise that they need to provide equal comfort to all guests not only those who paid for the party. After midnight everyone seemed completely drunk and not only that...So it wasn't a secure place. The drunk people were wandering around the hostel screaming, smashing the doors. Our door was attacked by someone who was trying to get inside.The situation was out of control.

Everything was very good. There was a 3rd anniversary when I stayed there. They charged 25 € for one person to join the anniversary which I thought is too much. When I paid and went up where the people were eating the food was nearly finished and there was no place anymore. So I had to look for a place to sit. I think it was not worth 25 €. As to the rest, everything was great, helpful staff, clean and cool.. Will definitively go there again.

Not only is the staff friendly and helpful, but throughout the week and each weekend they host bbqs, parties, and themed dinners with the most amazing food and atmosphere. They even think of the guests who want a quiet night by guiding the guests who want to party to certain terraces, or even out to the bars and clubs in the city. :) The hostel is less than 10 minutes walk away from EVERYTHING in Faro, so it's the perfect location. The entire establishment is absolutely brilliant.

Absolutely beautiful hostel. The rooms are all massive with big lockers and amazing beds. They have a big information board with tons of different things to do as family dinners each night!

Lovely place

Nice hostel, friendly people, Weird little town.

I intended to stay at Casa D'Alagoa for 3 nights, after the 2nd night at the hostel I cancelled my flights to another destination so I could stay for an additional 3 nights. From the moment I arrived the staff were very welcoming and happy to lend any assistance or answer any questions. The rooms were well kept and the bathrooms always tidy. The atmosphere this hostel provides fantastic and is essential to anyone looking for a good time. I'd highly recommend visiting Casa D'Alagoa, oh and Faro!

• 5th Jul 2014

Nice hostel in a good location. However a few things really let the place down: - some of the staff weren't very knowledgeable with recommending things to do and places to eat. - most of showers were clogged up - wifi did not extend to the bedrooms - all the beds still had their plastic sheeting still covering the mattress which was very annoying

all was fine, thank you very much

Very good facilities, excellent dinner at the hostel, a lot of travel information - maps, time tables for busses, trains... nice stuff, spacious rooms and very nice beds - massive, wood... The house is beautiful! Easy to reach by walking from the bus/ trainstation

Was only staying for the night but upon my warm welcoming from the female staff member at reception and the hostel itself i.e great common area, Outside terrace, Super comfortable bed,Location made me regret i couldnt stay longer!

It's a nice hostel in a good location. All the noises from the street were quite annoying at night when I was trying to sleep. They cleaned the dorm room every day but they could have done a better job... The floors were quite dirty. No major complaints though, it was a friendly hostel in a good location and I would return.

Nice and friendly overall

nicest staff ever

Easily one if the best hostels I have stayed at. Very clean and the rooms are huge. I had dinner with the staff who cooked heaps of food and it was very cheap to join them. The owner is a very friendly and easy to talk to guy. Loved the fact they had beer on tap as well. Also really liked the rooftop terrace as well. Fantastic hostel I would stay there again in an instant. Couldn't recommend it more.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5