Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Good atmosphere and easy to make friends with group dinners every night. Faro is a bit of a ghost town but really pretty.

Clean. Nicely set out hostel. No air con though, just a fan so very hot in summer

Lives up to everything it states- the rooms were spacious and clean, plenty of bathrooms with amazing space to hang towels/clothes etc, the staff were all super friendly and the hostel has a great free area to chill out and relax. Its extremely close to everything in Faro. Highly recommend this hostel

We really enjoyed our stay here at the hostel. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. The only reason I marked average for cleanliness was because of the bathrooms. I thought they were quite dirty, hair everywhere, and constantly wet. Other than that the hostel is very clean, provides you with a ton of information regarding Faro itself and how to travel elsewhere. The kitchen is great and free toast in the morning is always a plus.

All renovated hostel, spacious rooms, two terrasses. Individual showers available. Friendly staff and the chef is awesome, we had the 7 course meal which was really delicious! The onky thing is that you need a very small padlock to lock your things, regular ones don't fit.

By far the greatest hostel I have veer been to. Beautiful, very clean, amazing staff, and a great pub crawl they organized that ended with a party at an artist warehouse:D Great direct transportation from the airport. Amazing location in beautiful Faro. No complaints and will definitely stay again when in Faro!! Obrigada!!

The hostel is located in the centre of Faro and not far from the local train station or airport. However I did find the hostel too pricy. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 40 euros per night and the room was noisy. (It's on the main floor and you hear everyone coming into the hostel etc) This was a shame. combined with no air conditioning and a plastic cover around the mattress it was the formula for a hot night. Furthermore nice staff, great atmosphere.

Really nice location and staff! The rooms were very nice as well, and the artgallery party on monday is really cool to attent!

I thought that it would have been nice to have lockers or something, I didn't feel safe leaving my things in my 12 bed room

Thank you for your review. I think that you must be mistaken. We do have lockers under the beds in all dorms. Also I can guarantee you that so far there has been no things ever taken on any dorms. We guess it has to do with the atmosphere created in the house. Hope to see you soon at the house

Showers were poor

Thank you for your review. It's a shame you think that about our showers but we understand why. It's the water pressure, it isn't as strong as you would loved it to be. There is a reason for that, this region is a pretty dry one and we do want to leave the smallest impact on our environment possible.

Very beautiful place, a bit expensice (30 euro per bed) but nice atmosphere!

Thank you for your review. It is true that our prices do increase dramatically during the first weeks of August, there are no beds available on a range of over 50 Km but, we do recommend guests to come on periods where the climate is still amazing and its cheaper.

This was my second time staying here after 2 years. Loved it first time round but with more updates made this stay great! Best hosts ! Best hostel!

Thank you for your review! Great seeing you again. Next time it shouldn't take this long for your return.

Lovely place, great staff, a little pricey as hostels go.

• 4th Aug 2015

Good location, friendly staff, pretty bulding. Our room was good, no aircon but had a fan. Showers didnt work for us and were cold, all the toilets had showers in them and no sinks elsewhere so you ended up waiting to use the bathrooms or sinks. We had the evening meal once, paid 15euro for 7 course tapas, nice but very overpriced. This was cooked in the hostel kitchen meaning it was occupied every night 7 till late, stuff everywhere which left little space for you to cook yourself.

Thank you for you comment. It's a shame you didn't have the best experience in our house. Referring your words, its sad you didn't tell us the shower wasn't working or you couldn't understand it. We have maintenance almost permanently + 24h reception. We have a full bathroom for every 4 guests. You can wait max 5 minutes. Also, 15€ for a 7 course meal including wine done by a proper chef is very cheap, you will never find this in town. You can get some tips from him when you share the kitchen

Very clean, homely hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful - first time I've even been I've a guided tour of the hostel when I arrived.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

We enjoyes our stay a lot, the staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was amazing and the whole building was simply beautiful. Thank you!

• 28th Jul 2015

Can be summed up in five words: Best hostel in the world!

• 26th Jul 2015

The best hostel in the world. Safe, easy-going and beautiful. Good value for money and really great staff. Ask the receptionist Martyna for some chocolate. Her boyfriend has lots to give away!

• Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands

Fantastic place with such friendly staff. Only annoying thing was I only stopped for four nights.

• 26th Jul 2015

Great hostel, the location was a short walk from all the pubs and restaurants in the town center. The staff were really friendly, the rooms (bathrooms, showers, kitchen, bedrooms) were clean and well maintained and the food was excellent. The group dinners at night were a great way to meet new people from different countries. If I ever come back to Faro there is no way I'll stay anywhere else. Perfect value for money overall, would highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5