Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Very friendly staff, hotel was absolutely cleanclean, very comfortable.

The staff were outstanding and the pkfce has a friendly and welcoming vibe.

From I meet pedro on my flight transfer he was brilliant and given insight of what i can get up to while i stayed in faro. As soon as I entered casa d'alago the staff where fantastic showing me around the place very clean and very warm people. The volunteers where brilliant craic some nights we all went out together created a great travelling experience and pedro the chef for 10euro for 3 course meal he smashed it fantastic cook. So i recommend for people to stay here

This is one of the best places I've stayed, if not the best. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is great. Location is perfect, close to everything. I'm definitely coming back :) x

Best hostel I've ever ever stayed in. Great people, great food, super clean clean and they make you feel at at home.

• 15th Jan 2016

Fantastic little hostel with a very friendly vibe. Felt more like I was invited to a family home than a hostel, and the staff were all wonderful.

• 12th Jan 2016

The hostel is super cool, central, clean, affordable, spacious. Staff are very helpful and cheerful, the volunteers in January were great fun: we had dinner together (they have a Chef that cooks most evenings), played cards & went on a night out. Pastels the Nata just around the corner of you arrive late or on Sunday. I defitely recommend it!

A chill hostel with a lovely chef, nice open common space, and easy to find with a good location.

I like lot's of water in the shower, so I got a little disappointed there. On the other hand, less water is more environment friendly. Also, the towers were not that good. But all the rest was perfect! I totally recommend this to anyone looking for a good time in Faro.

Absolutely brilliant hostel.

I stayed there with my friend during Christmas Eve and Christmas day and even though we had a silent day outside the hostel has made our day. Pedro and all others were like family and I had my best Christmas dinner at the hostel. Thanks for making our stay memorable :)

Super friendly staff - very welcoming and hospitable Beds comfortable and rooms spacious, would definitely recommend!!

This hostel is awesome!! Really nice atmosphere not only from the city itself but especially the staff and the volunteers there which treat you not as a guest but as a family. The hostel is also well equipped and clean. Location is fine as the city is very small and walkable. Special thanks again for the volunteers there!

This hostel was really great. Good atmosphere, nice Dinner for 10 Euros, great breakfast (one time staff was not punctually and picked the first toasted bread by themselfs), but general very helpful staff. The only negativ thing was the missing kitchen door to the hallway, the result was an incredible noise in the first floor due to people cooking or celebrating during the night and the same in the morning.

Staying at Casa d'Alagoa was one of the highlights of my trip! Everything was very clean, I felt safe and the staff were amazingly friendly, helpful and always available. I never expected a hostel to be a place to meet people and make friends with the staff and other travelers, but this hostel does a wonderful job at hosting events and meals and helping the guests bond and have a great time. I love this place and would highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Faro!

• 20th Nov 2015

Top class find. Pedro is one amazing chef. Plus he knows all the spots!

• 16th Nov 2015

Great hostel. Clean, good common space, great location. Staff is very helpful. They cook dinner every night too. Big breakfast as well.

Great hostel, with amazing atmosphere. Thank you everyone for your kindness

I wish I could have stayed longer. It is a beautiful hostel with classic Portuguese architecture, tall ceilings, hard wood floors, enormous rooms, and a great and helpful staff. One of the girls at the desk let me use her charger even though her phone was plugged in at the time. The cook was really nice too and used to do it in restaurants so the food is awesome. People say Faro isn't worth a stay but I liked the small city feel and the quite nature of the city in the off season.

Quite possibly the best hostel I've ever been to. Excellent location, nice, quiet rooms, comfy beds, great common room (with its own keg!) and amazing balcony/outside areas but the best thing has to be the staff - incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, super friendly and laidback. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Faro.

• 11th Oct 2015