Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

This hostel was amazing! The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were clean, large kitchen and free breakfast. Offered dinner every night. One of the best hostel atmospheres.. It was homey and very easy to meet people.

For sure the best hostel in the Algarve!!! Many thanks to all the staff there! Great breakfast with juice and fresh fruit ! I'll be back this Summer that's for sure!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Staff and owners were very friendly and extremely helpful. Building itself is stunning and located within a few minutes walk of Faro.

• 6th Feb 2015

We loved our time at Casa d'Alagoa!!! Our double bed room was amazing and the 8€ dinners so tasty. We loved the fact that the hostel sold wine and beer as well as snacks. The directions from the bus terminal were perfect and easy to follow. Muito obrigada!

As a hostel should be,so friendly,facilities fine,airport pickup so welcome in late evening. Dinner offered,good and good value. We'll go again.

Everything was perfect, the beds, the facilities, the help and advices of Claudia our host, the only little negative point was the small power of the shower. I totally recommend this hostel!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Great stay, very welcoming and friendly. Even though it was 'low season', there was a really nice atmosphere at the hostel! Thanks a lot.

Really great experience at this hostel! Met several other solo travelers. The hostel creates an easy environment to get to know other travelers who are staying there. Very clean. The outdoor terraces are lovely.

We don't normally stay at hostels, but this one seemed exceptional. Kelli was very outgoing and attended to our every need.

I had a really great time I was only planning on staying a week but I felt so at home I stayed three weeks instead.It was certainly the best hostel I have ever stayed in.Its a very clean hostel which for me is very important and the staff are very friendly and funny there is a light atmosphere there it feels like a big family.:-)

• 5th Jan 2015

Good place, but no water pressure in the shower.

Central location in Faro and very close to the old town. The matresses in the double rooms are very comfortable. We stayed in the beginning of January in Faro and at night time it gets cold. About the same temperature was inside, especially in the living room, where was no heating. Similar as the temperature was the atmosphere, little frosty. This might be different in summer. Breakfast was simple and good.

Good location, nice people, good atmosphere! Thanks! Sarah

A clean place with good atmosphere an a helpful staff. The rooms are nice as well. Nothing to really complain about at this hostel, except that it was very cold in the rooms, especially in the night. We visited the place in December though..

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Norway

All very good. Stayed for the second time. Nuno, one of the joint owners is a very helpful man, but all the staff were great

All in All a great hostel.

Super friendly hostel! Loved staying here!

Despite the incredibly short stay, I had a great experience. The owner of the hostel, Diogo, is very welcoming and made me feel like home. I will definitely come back in the future, and I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 14th Dec 2014

We had a lovely time here in December - perfectly located in Faro and the staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen was well equipped and clean and the bedroom was quiet. Nice communal area and bikes to rent also. Its also easy to get the train from Faro to other places in the algarve, the staff helped us check train times both ways for us as well. Thank you for a great stay!

• 13th Dec 2014

This was the perfect place to stay in Faro! The staff were so, so lovely and helpful, they really went out of their way to make sure you had a great time and made some awesome recommendations for food and attractions. The beds were really big and comfy and the common areas were perfect for meeting new people. I think it'd be even better in summer when you can make better use of the gorgeous terrace. Thank you for a great few nights!! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3