Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

By far the greatest hostel I have veer been to. Beautiful, very clean, amazing staff, and a great pub crawl they organized that ended with a party at an artist warehouse:D Great direct transportation from the airport. Amazing location in beautiful Faro. No complaints and will definitely stay again when in Faro!! Obrigada!!

The hostel is located in the centre of Faro and not far from the local train station or airport. However I did find the hostel too pricy. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 40 euros per night and the room was noisy. (It's on the main floor and you hear everyone coming into the hostel etc) This was a shame. combined with no air conditioning and a plastic cover around the mattress it was the formula for a hot night. Furthermore nice staff, great atmosphere.

Really nice location and staff! The rooms were very nice as well, and the artgallery party on monday is really cool to attent!

I thought that it would have been nice to have lockers or something, I didn't feel safe leaving my things in my 12 bed room

Thank you for your review. I think that you must be mistaken. We do have lockers under the beds in all dorms. Also I can guarantee you that so far there has been no things ever taken on any dorms. We guess it has to do with the atmosphere created in the house. Hope to see you soon at the house

Showers were poor

Thank you for your review. It's a shame you think that about our showers but we understand why. It's the water pressure, it isn't as strong as you would loved it to be. There is a reason for that, this region is a pretty dry one and we do want to leave the smallest impact on our environment possible.

Very beautiful place, a bit expensice (30 euro per bed) but nice atmosphere!

Thank you for your review. It is true that our prices do increase dramatically during the first weeks of August, there are no beds available on a range of over 50 Km but, we do recommend guests to come on periods where the climate is still amazing and its cheaper.

This was my second time staying here after 2 years. Loved it first time round but with more updates made this stay great! Best hosts ! Best hostel!

Thank you for your review! Great seeing you again. Next time it shouldn't take this long for your return.

Lovely place, great staff, a little pricey as hostels go.

• 4th Aug 2015

Good location, friendly staff, pretty bulding. Our room was good, no aircon but had a fan. Showers didnt work for us and were cold, all the toilets had showers in them and no sinks elsewhere so you ended up waiting to use the bathrooms or sinks. We had the evening meal once, paid 15euro for 7 course tapas, nice but very overpriced. This was cooked in the hostel kitchen meaning it was occupied every night 7 till late, stuff everywhere which left little space for you to cook yourself.

Thank you for you comment. It's a shame you didn't have the best experience in our house. Referring your words, its sad you didn't tell us the shower wasn't working or you couldn't understand it. We have maintenance almost permanently + 24h reception. We have a full bathroom for every 4 guests. You can wait max 5 minutes. Also, 15€ for a 7 course meal including wine done by a proper chef is very cheap, you will never find this in town. You can get some tips from him when you share the kitchen

Very clean, homely hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful - first time I've even been I've a guided tour of the hostel when I arrived.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

We enjoyes our stay a lot, the staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was amazing and the whole building was simply beautiful. Thank you!

• 28th Jul 2015

Can be summed up in five words: Best hostel in the world!

• 26th Jul 2015

The best hostel in the world. Safe, easy-going and beautiful. Good value for money and really great staff. Ask the receptionist Martyna for some chocolate. Her boyfriend has lots to give away!

• Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands

Fantastic place with such friendly staff. Only annoying thing was I only stopped for four nights.

• 26th Jul 2015

Great hostel, the location was a short walk from all the pubs and restaurants in the town center. The staff were really friendly, the rooms (bathrooms, showers, kitchen, bedrooms) were clean and well maintained and the food was excellent. The group dinners at night were a great way to meet new people from different countries. If I ever come back to Faro there is no way I'll stay anywhere else. Perfect value for money overall, would highly recommend.

Worth going to Faro for, great hostel. The atmosphere and big fresh family dinners (amazing BBQ on Saturday nights) and drinks creates a really good atmosphere. The common area is spacious and comfy.

This is a great hostel! The fact that it is not too big makes it easy to meet people. Be aware that most beaches and places to visit are not really in Faro, but the hostel has a great location to access all means of transportation. The Saturday dinner was amazing and you can tell the community is very united.

LOVED this place! had tonnes of fun and staff were really cool. i really enjoyed the BBQ and bar crawl on saturday night too :) the kitchen is well equipped and lots of fridge space and the communal area is very cosy with plenty of info on the walls for things to do in algarve.

Cooking staff:) amazing atmosphere!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Poland

We liked it a lot there! The hostel is located in the heart of Faro, the staff is extremely lovely and helpful and we met lots of awesome people who became kind of a family to us! We would recommend staying at this hostel to whomever gets the chance to do so!

• 19th Jul 2015