Casa d'Alagoa

Fabulous 1525 Total Reviews

• mike8860
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
23rd Jan 2017

My time here was really special. I found a new family within days staying here and it was a really unforgettable experience! An amazing vibe, with amazing people. I WILL be back! :D

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

The staff were very welcoming and knew a lot about the area which helped with traveling and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hoste and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

20th Jan 2017

While Faro is perhaps not the best city to visit, I found it underwhelming, this hostel is fantastic! The staff and activities created a great atmosphere and the hostel was clean. It is a converted residence, so there are few bathrooms for the number of beds in the building but this is my only complaint and is minor. I very much enjoyed my stay.

• Portugal, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

From decor to the good cleaning all was perfect. The staff was always very nice and available to help. I'm looking forward to come back some time.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
18th Jan 2017
6.6

The reception staff is very unprofessional. They tell jokes and are not accommodating. I showed up here tired and wasn't in the mood for dry "give me all your money" humor. They also play awful music (Linkin Park, new agey rap). Not only that, but they place the music at top volume and it's impossible to have a conversation. The reception area was nice and I wanted to sit on the couches and read but I just couldn't stand the noise being played at top volume, even during the "family" dinners.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Jan 2017

Awesome hostel! It has a great kind of family feel atmosphere - I was made to feel very welcome. There's a decent breakfast in the mornings and delicious (cheap) dinners in the evenings. Sweet location within Faro - bits and bobs near like shops, bars and restaurants etc. It's a very suitable base for traveling to neighbouring towns. It's a comfortable place and the building is cool. Good value for money. My only gripe was the choice of music being played by staff in the lobby... Not the best!

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
13th Jan 2017

Great staff - Brenda is an awesome cook! Gotta have the dinners at night, it's a great family atmosphere. Good location near the old town and not too far from the station. Wifi wasn't good in the building, it was best in the common room. Not a lot to do in the town in winter, lucky we only stayed a few nights.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
8th Jan 2017

I spent four nights at Casa d'Alagoa, and it was one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Everyone was so welcoming and the environment was ideal for meeting new people. The home-cooked meals every evening are delicious! The location is great, with everything you need within walking distance. I definitely recommend staying here, and if I am ever back in the Algarve I would stay here again without hesitation!

• Lithuania, Female, 18-24
8th Jan 2017

Enjoyed staying here, very clean, amazing staff, comfortable and big beds and good location. Would definately recommend! :)

2nd Jan 2017

We had a very awesome time here. We ended up pretty well being the only ones in the hostel as it was the low season! It was clean and very central, close to restaurants, bars, and shops. The only warning I would give to anyone who books here is DO NOT USE GOOGLE MAPS TO FIND THE PLACE!! If you type in the hostel name, it will take you to Casa Ann in the middle of nowhere which is 35 min walk from train, compared to a 5 min actual walk following her directions. Overall, highly recommend!!