Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Really great experience at this hostel! Met several other solo travelers. The hostel creates an easy environment to get to know other travelers who are staying there. Very clean. The outdoor terraces are lovely.

We don't normally stay at hostels, but this one seemed exceptional. Kelli was very outgoing and attended to our every need.

I had a really great time I was only planning on staying a week but I felt so at home I stayed three weeks instead.It was certainly the best hostel I have ever stayed in.Its a very clean hostel which for me is very important and the staff are very friendly and funny there is a light atmosphere there it feels like a big family.:-)

• 5th Jan 2015

Good place, but no water pressure in the shower.

Central location in Faro and very close to the old town. The matresses in the double rooms are very comfortable. We stayed in the beginning of January in Faro and at night time it gets cold. About the same temperature was inside, especially in the living room, where was no heating. Similar as the temperature was the atmosphere, little frosty. This might be different in summer. Breakfast was simple and good.

Good location, nice people, good atmosphere! Thanks! Sarah

A clean place with good atmosphere an a helpful staff. The rooms are nice as well. Nothing to really complain about at this hostel, except that it was very cold in the rooms, especially in the night. We visited the place in December though..

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Norway

All very good. Stayed for the second time. Nuno, one of the joint owners is a very helpful man, but all the staff were great

All in All a great hostel.

Super friendly hostel! Loved staying here!

Despite the incredibly short stay, I had a great experience. The owner of the hostel, Diogo, is very welcoming and made me feel like home. I will definitely come back in the future, and I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 14th Dec 2014

We had a lovely time here in December - perfectly located in Faro and the staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen was well equipped and clean and the bedroom was quiet. Nice communal area and bikes to rent also. Its also easy to get the train from Faro to other places in the algarve, the staff helped us check train times both ways for us as well. Thank you for a great stay!

• 13th Dec 2014

This was the perfect place to stay in Faro! The staff were so, so lovely and helpful, they really went out of their way to make sure you had a great time and made some awesome recommendations for food and attractions. The beds were really big and comfy and the common areas were perfect for meeting new people. I think it'd be even better in summer when you can make better use of the gorgeous terrace. Thank you for a great few nights!! :)

Really lovely hostel. Couldn't fault the staff, they were super helpful and contributed to the friendly, easy going vibe of the place.

Perfect accommodation in the center of Faro, kind staff, comfortable rooms.

Very nice Hostel, its a old historical patrician house. Very big and very comfy... They have every thing there what a backpacker needs! I really enjoyed it and it was winter...I can imagine that in the summertime this Hostel is even better!!

Great setup and all the staff were friendly. Awesome hostel which has the ability to provide a great meeting platform for travelers and staff. Highly recommend visiting Diogo and his crew here in Faro as they are super down to earth and very welcoming. Hopefully make it back there myself in the future. All the best!

Lovely hostel. The communal dinner was very good and sociable.

Great location and friendly staff. I would certainly recommend this hostel to any traveller. 5 stars++

• 5th Nov 2014

Thank you so much for you comment. Great having you here. Hope you'll come back soon.

Really a nice and friendly place. Staff is amazing and the overall atmosphere is nice. Breakfast included and dinner for 8€ but the traditional portugues food was good! Only down side would be that the wifi only works in the common area. But other then that, it was one of the best hostel I've been too! (And every bunk as its own lite and power outlet (3).

Thank you so much for your review. That is true we do have 3 power plugs on each bunk so that our guests can charge their devices. About the wifi, we had the idea just to have it in the common areas for social reasons. Nevertheless, we have been increasing the expand of wifi and nowadays 90% of our rooms have wifi. This way we can provide more comfort for our guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4