Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Perfect accommodation in the center of Faro, kind staff, comfortable rooms.

Very nice Hostel, its a old historical patrician house. Very big and very comfy... They have every thing there what a backpacker needs! I really enjoyed it and it was winter...I can imagine that in the summertime this Hostel is even better!!

Great setup and all the staff were friendly. Awesome hostel which has the ability to provide a great meeting platform for travelers and staff. Highly recommend visiting Diogo and his crew here in Faro as they are super down to earth and very welcoming. Hopefully make it back there myself in the future. All the best!

Lovely hostel. The communal dinner was very good and sociable.

Great location and friendly staff. I would certainly recommend this hostel to any traveller. 5 stars++

• 5th Nov 2014

Thank you so much for you comment. Great having you here. Hope you'll come back soon.

Really a nice and friendly place. Staff is amazing and the overall atmosphere is nice. Breakfast included and dinner for 8€ but the traditional portugues food was good! Only down side would be that the wifi only works in the common area. But other then that, it was one of the best hostel I've been too! (And every bunk as its own lite and power outlet (3).

Thank you so much for your review. That is true we do have 3 power plugs on each bunk so that our guests can charge their devices. About the wifi, we had the idea just to have it in the common areas for social reasons. Nevertheless, we have been increasing the expand of wifi and nowadays 90% of our rooms have wifi. This way we can provide more comfort for our guests.

Nice old house in the centre of Faro. Friendly staff and a nice family atmosphere despite the big size. Would definitely stay again.

Casa d'A Lagoa was one of the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff is brilliant, friendly and really helpful! The every night dinner offered is a very good way to interact with other people and the food is awesome and the price is very affordable. This hostel made my experience in Faro be incredible! Thanks guys! You are awesome!

Thanks for your comment. We do offer dinner every night to our guests. This is also an opportunity to get to meet the staff and other guests that join us for dinner. Thank you for your visit, we had a great time with you here.

Casa d'Alagoa est l'authentique auberge de jeunesse, avec des jeunes voyageurs au goût festif. L'endroit est bien. Côté propreté, l'ensemble était bien, seulement quelques moissisures dans ma douche.

• 1st Nov 2014

We only stayed here one night on the way to Lagos but wished we had had more time. The staff was really helpful and created a great social environment among all the guests. The facilities were modern and clean and our 12 bed dorm was very spacious. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Faro!

Had a phenomenal time at this hostel! The whole Halloween party was fun.... But they weren't very clear on the charging, and defo overcharged/didn't tell people exactly wht was going on. That said, try we're the best part of Faro, and if I ever pass through again I will stay here!

Thank you so much for your comment. We are sorry that we weren't clear about what was going on in Halloween but we have to say that we feel a bit surprised about that. We will revise our communication to our guests and check what failed. We had a tremendous party and you can check the photos on our fb page. Hope to see you soon in Faro.

I had a great time here! Bike rides, great staff, great weather too! The bunk beds are huge! They have big lockers but bring your padlock. You get a nice breakfast and free wifi.

• 29th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your review. The bike rides are really great. You might even catch the wild flamingos. As we told you here the bunk beds were designed and build by ourselves and that's why they are so massive and so comfortable. We know we will see you very soon back at the house. Safe travels.

Loved stayinging here. I left with more friends than I came with due to the fully amicable company in the staff and hostellers. The beach was in biking distance and many bars and sights were within walking range. Thanks for the great experience!

What a great hostel! Stayed here in Faro during the "off season" recently and felt so at home! The staff are very friendly, 12-bed room was safe and friendly, and the entire vibe of the staff guests was great. I would recamend this hostel 100%. The beach is a 10-15 minute bus ride or you can rent bikes from Casa and bike there which is a more fun option! I do not think you will regret staying here! Abrigado Casa d'Alagoa :)

• 26th Oct 2014

Thank you so much for your words here. We had such a nice time here with you. We agree with you the bike ride to the beach is definitely a must do here. We do it all the time ourselves. We hope to see you again very soon.

I stayed at this hostel only for one night on my way back from Lagos. As soon as I walked in the door I could tell it was a good hostel. The staff there are all amazing and nice people from all over the world. The hostel was clean and had everything you needed. But the best part that made my one night good was the people there. Had a blast passing the guitar around and sharing stories. Thank you again to the staff for making me feel welcome! You were all awesome!

Thank you for your stay here and your review. The nights you describe are great but every night things are different here. Depends of the mood of everyone. Sometimes we play games, watch a movie, play drinking games, do limbo dancing, etc. One thing is for sure... We always have a great time with our guests. Thanks again

Wednesday guest chef dinner was great. Great location, easy to get to. Great new large bunks. And pretty building.

Thank you for your review. Our Wednesdays we invite a local to come and cook for us. They need to cook something that has never been cooked before in the house. Thanks for your visit.

Such a great hostel, staff were so accommodating! They went above and beyond and really do make the hostel what it is. Such a great hostel with a great little area to chill out in, heaps of information about things to do as well buses/trains. The rooms were super spacious and clean, bathrooms the same. It's in a great area, opposite a cute little garden square, near the best attractions and heaps of places to eat. About a 15 minute bike ride to the beach, which you can rent here.

Thank you so much for your review! Your description is very good :-) We hope you come back soon.

I stayed at tis place for just 2 days because I had not more time for traveling. I was feeling very comfortable in the hostel. I was feeling like being in a family. The owner Diego went out with us to the pubs and Claudia helped me everytime with my travel plans. I would go back. What I didn't like that my lock didn't fit the safe and the safe was not very safe, it was easy to crack. But I think you don't need to lock up your stuff, the hostel is very safe. Thank you guys! Lukas

Thanks for your comment. We had a great time with you Lukas. We have to say that the locks are a lot harder to crack than what they seem ;-) (we had to crack a few). We hope you had safe travels and that you had and incredible. Great to have met you. See you soon

This is a very nice hostel with a good atmosphere.

Thank you for your comment! Hope you had a safe journey back and you to see you again in Faro.

We enojoyed this hostel SO much, we firstly enjoyed the courtesy of all its staff, then the hostel's design, dormitories, cleanliness, awesome familiar atmosphere. 100% thumbs up!!! Casa d'Alagoa totally nailed it.

• 5th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your words! We really love what we do here. We have also the best guest coming to our house. Don't forget to come for a visit next time you are in Faro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5