Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Great atmosphere and parties. Lot better than London. We'll be back :)

Thank you so much for your comment. It is so great to see you guys everytime

A review from my mate I made the reservation for: 'My second time here. Good to be reunited with the staff after three long years. It was a wonderful stay, hopefully I won't have to wait another three years for the next.'

Thank you for the comment. What a great week. You guys set the tone for this week. See you guys next year and hope we will come and visit you.

Fourth time at the house, it's getting better and better!

Thank you so much for the comment. Amazing times with you guys as always. This time with a bigger group. See you next year...well, in some cases, maybe even this year? :-)

Casa d'Alagoa really feels like a home from home. And their dinners are an opportunity to enjoy local traditional Portuguese food among new friends. I needed to leave early in the morning and Pedro arranged for breakfast to be prepared for me. Also really easy to get local info like bus times and book and print tickets online. I'm 100% definitely coming back!! Obrigado Pedro and everyone at Casa d'Alagoa! Paul Boyce

Thank you for your review. We have great dinners with our chef Pedro. Everyday we are very excited to see what is he going to cook next. Hope to see you very soon at the house

Great place to stay! Good location, nice building, clean and pretty rooms with comfy beds! Common areas perfect to meet other travellers like in the reception rooms with couches, a computer, a book exchange shelf, a wall full of travel tips and schedules to many destinations, the terrace to enjoy the sun or even a barbecue. Very modern and clean kitchen. Breakfast included and possibility to register for a yummy dinner (vegetarian friendly) to share with fellow travellers. And very nice staff !

• 7th May 2015

Thank you so much for your comment! The description of the house is wonderfull! Hope to see you soon.

We stayed for one night only, but it was a nice night. The beds were great and comfy and there were enough bathrooms. The breakfast was ok. The staff was really helpful. It was quite easy for us to find the hostel from the station. There are not much to do in Faro, but the hostel offers a lot of activities!

Thank you so much for your review. We do offer many activities here that is true. Also about Faro you can do many things here ;-) Next time you come around we will show you :-)

I've stayed in lots of other hostels, but this one is by far the best one! :) Really loved the friendly staff, the great food from Pedro and the great accomodation. I'm thinking about coming back again real soon!!

• 4th May 2015

Thank you for your comment! We are so glad that you found this one to be the best. Pedro does a fantastic job with his friendliness and amazing cooking. We can't wait to see you again

I have nothing but positive things to say about my stay at Casa d'Alagoa. This was seriously the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are super friendly and helpful and extremely laid back. You never feel like you're doing something wrong, but rather I felt like I was in the comfort of my own home. They offer home cooked meals every night for 10 Euros, which includes a drink! I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone who's looking for a laid back, homey, fun, intimate experience.

• 4th May 2015

Thank you so much for your words! It was great having you around the house too. We have always been very proud of our dinners and now we have a proper chef cooking for us. We are very happy you have enjoyed it. Hope to see you soon at the house. We wish you a safe travel

I've probably stayed in 50+ hostels in my life and Casa d'Alagoa is by far one of my favorites. The staff are incredibly warm and helpful, the facilities are lovely, and the vibe is perfect -- fun but not over the top. Also, family style dinners are perfect for when you're traveling alone and want to get to know other travelers. Not to mention Pedro's delicious cooking. Definitely recommend a stay here. Even though Faro as a town is pretty sleepy, Casa d'Alagoa more than makes up for it.

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words. Pedro is our real chef and he cooks some very excellent food. Glad that you enjoyed the spirit of the house. Faro is a very chilled out town even though it has 9.000 students out of the 60.000 inhabitants. So we bring a bit of the craziness into it ;-)

The staff was very friendly. The helped me giving information about Faro and where to go. They rent bikes at affordable prices.

Thank you so much for your review. We like to help our guests to discover Faro. Renting the bikes is definitely not to miss. Hope to see you soon.

Everything's on point here. Excellent staff, wifi, clean facilities, atmosphere, etc. Good value airport transfer is an added bonus and makes your life that much easier. Not a party place, but easy to meet others. BEAUTIFUL kitchen for guest use if you like to cook though they host group dinners as well.

Thank you so much for your comment. We have just fixed our wifi, thank you for noticing. About the parties, you just missed our famous BBQ on every saturday. And what a great party it was this week. :-) Next time be sure not to miss it.

Amazing stay, lovely hostel with comfortable and friendly atmosphere . I can't recommend it highly enough and would definitely stay here again!! Staff are very friendly and the evening meals are worth the money and of a high standard!!

Thank you so much for your comment. You are so right. Our chef Pedro prepares amazing food every night. It was great having you at the house. See you soon

This hostel is overall very nice. Clean, modern but comfy common areas, great rooftop space! My biggest qualm was that wifi only worked in the indoor common areas and not in our room or the roof. The staff was very kind, fun, and helpful, especially when it came to helping me with my bus.

Thanks for your comment and letting us know about your wishes. We are sorting out the wifi as we speak. We are coming up with a great solution. :-) Hope to see you soon back at the house.

The staff is very kind and friendly, The Hostel ist very nice, good rooms, good location, good cleaning. Breakfast it was plentiful and tasty. Great price-quality ! just spend one night there, but definitly i want to come back soon!

• 25th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We also want you to come back soon. Try and stay for our BBQs on saturdays.

Such a friendly vibe in this hostel and the beds are so comfy .. What more could you ask for! Have dinner with them the food was excellent!

Thank you for your review! We have to agree that our food is great :D Well seriously, we have a proper chef cooking for the house now! All the staff is very excited about the food he is cooking. Great value for the dinners.

Staff were helpful, place was clean and tidy. Wifi did not work in the rooms, only the common room! I felt dinner was expensive at €8 each, where you could get cheaper elsewhere. Drinks were also expensive. Would recommend to anyone as all other things were perfect.

Thanks for pointing out those issues to us. We definitely will check out why was wifi not working on the rooms. About the prices, we have to disagree. It isn't just the prices of food that you need to compare, it's the quality also. About the drinks, sorry but we really don't see your point. Sodas 1€, Cider 2€, Pint of beer - 2,5€ (happy hour even cheaper), Wine bottle starting at 5€. Hope next time you come we can sit down and talk about what why do you find it expensive :-)

A great hostel, friendly and really helpful staff (thanks again for the flexibility with the booking). Nice dinners :). It really felt like being part of a family for a day or two.

Thank you for your comment. We are more than welcome to help you. That is what we love to do. Hope to see you soon back at the house.

It's a great hostel in a great town with a very big common area. Breakfast is okay, the showers didn't spend much water.

Thank you so much for your review. Faro is a great town and still maintains the Portuguese character that nearby cities don't (like Albufeira). You are right about the showers, they are environment friendly and The Algarve has a big water issue.

Fantastic Hostel, really good service with late night airport transfer. Beautiful rooms and very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were super friendly and very helpful. Excellent facilities. Wished we could have stayed longer.

Thank you so much for your comment. We also hope you can stay longer next time

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff were so helpful with planning what to do while in Faro. The rooms were very nice as well. It was such a homey atmosphere especially the bbq cookout night. I would recommend this hostel to everyone. We loved it.

• 10th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to help you plan your whole trip with you. Hope to see you soon