Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Brilliant how they converted this very charming odl building into a comfy, cosy, welcoming hostel. The hosts are lovely bunch! They cannot do enough for you! Lovely to meet so much people and have some proper chats in the inside small courtyard late at night. Then they took us to some lovely bars and to finish the night we had a lock in for special guests only in a local pub and some delicious tipical portuguese nibles! Would definitely go back

It was a wonderful stay. It is a nice place to rest yourself in the middle of the long trip. Staffs were nice and the Portuguese dinner they provided was one of the best meal I had in Portugal. They didn't have a map but tourist information center is close enough.

It's my second time in casa d'alagoa and it has only gotten better. I love this place!!! You must stay here of you are going to faro! :) Special thanks to Monique, Alyssa, nuno, diogo,...... I'll be back one day!

Love, love LOVE this hostel! My friend and I stayed here for the second time in two years, this time we stayed for a whole week. The house was just as great as last time, full of amazing people, a brilliant atmosphere and great facilities. They've added pad-lockable boxes for your belongings under the beds which is fab, the beds were comfy with three sockets per person if you unplug the reading lamp - very useful and everything was spotless thanks to a dedicated cleaning team. Worth every penny!

• 24th Jun 2014

I had such a great stay and hope I can come back some time! :)

• 23rd Jun 2014

Very good meals, clean hostel und awesome staff

Excellent location! Very friendly staff! Very good dorms!

Another time around and just as good! These guys know how to treat you well and it shows in the amount of people who choose to return (like myself) or extend their stay. The world cup room is the best place to watch the football in town and the barbecue continues to be spectacular.

I´ve been traveling around Europe for 10 months and this is definitely one of my favorite hostels! It is very clean, has awesome staff, and allows other travelers to meet each other very easily. Their famous Saturday Sangria BBQs are also a great time and their dinners are delicious! You can either have a chill and relaxed night in or a crazy night out. I can´t wait to return sometime in the near future. Cheers Casa d' Alagoa crew!

The best hostel I've been so far and I'm talking about everything! Nice people, clean, secure and close to the trains and buses stations! I hope to go back soon! 😉 Camila - Brazil

Casa d'Alagoa was a such a great experience, I ended up staying more days then expected. The faculty and the other travelers were very involed and contributed to an atmosphere that I'll never forget. It's the only hostel I'll stay at in Faro.

• 19th Jun 2014

Had a great time! Thanks guys and girls!

• 19th Jun 2014

Very good standard. Excellent management and staff who makes wonderfull barbeque party. Don't miss the sangria's. Highly recommended! //Nick, Sweden

Very nice hostel, very nice staff, good atmosphere and really easy to meet new people.

Located about 15 minute walk from train station. In a cute park with a great restaurant right next door. Beds were comfy lights and outlets per bed. No AC though. Just one fan for a 6 bed room. Faro in general is a quite town and the town beach was actually pretty dirty. Just there for 1 night heading to Lagos faro is a sleepy town wouldn't recommend staying there for too long.

WOOOOOOOOOW!! It have been an amazing expirience!! We've meet a lot of amazing people there, the personal is very very very kind and we felt like home! We love your hostel and we love all the personal from casa d'Alagoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will come again!!! see you guys

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Super friendly staff and great atmosphere. Best hostel I've stayed in!

• 16th Jun 2014

Loved the chicken barbecue !! Amazing staff !! Thank you ❤️❤️❤️

Amazing hostel with lovely people... And a keg of Sagres!

• 13th Jun 2014

This a nice place to stay if you wanna chill in the beautiful Faro or if you wanna join the BBQ with sangria with everyone at the rooftop! Had a great time there!