Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

On the night I stayed here, the staff made a delicious dinner and it was fun to eat with the other guests and staff. I had some questions about what to do in and around Faro as I had a full day to see the town, the staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and recommended some really nice places. I felt really relaxed and at ease in this beautiful hostel!

great staff, friendly and helpful.

A+ hostel, would recommend to anyone staying in faro, staff was amazing, met a lot of cool people, they cooked dinner every night and had beer on tap, comfortable beds and great beer on tap

Had a great time at this hostel. Staff were friendly and the meals were exceptional.

Hostel is easy to find, good location. Staff friendly and helpfull. Rooms are spacious, bunk beds are sturdy and comfortable. Biggest dorm is divided with a partial wall so the feel is NOT like "canned sardines". Hostel has well equipped kitchen! Theres plentyof cheap eats round town and the hostel offers a daily dinner too. Theres bathrooms outside dorms too so no need to queue for showers. Hostel provides a lot of information bout other destinations along bus times and connections. Recommend!!

I loved it!

• 27th Jan 2014

Good place to stay and good value for money

I had a great experience at Casa D'Alagoa. The staff was incredibly hospitable, knew a lot about the surrounding area and truly made me feel at home. The rooms are well equipped and the beds are so comfortable! Also, the homemade dinners were delicious and a great alternative to eating a restaurant. I met lots of great people here, great memories and can't wait to come back!

I couldn't really ask for more - great vibe, wonderful location, fantastic food, terrific staff and a comfortable bed for not much money. They'll help you with whatever you need, be it a transfer to or from the airport, a trip to the beach or just some information on how to get around the Algarve. The dorm that I stayed in was enormous, comfortable and clean. The common areas are very chilled and the kitchen is well-equipped. One of the best, if not the best hostel that I have stayed in so far.

• 23rd Dec 2013

I think that everything was perfect. Nothing bad to say about the hostel. Everything was extremely clean. Really nice staff who were always ready to explain anything to me. If you like to visit Faro, don't think more: stay in Casa d'Alagoa and just enjoy.

Great hostel obviously run by someone who knows the business and strives to ensure the place is very clean, staff are very helpful, ( thanks again Claudia for all your help) location is ideal for town center. Next time I am in Faro I would make a point of returning and would always be happy to recommend.

Wow! Rooms are spacious and atmosphere is great.

It was a lovely hostel situated in the center of Faro with great facilities. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The staff were nice but seemed absolutly incapable to advice about anything to do in the area,, they could offer no reccomendations on what to see or where to eat. They also did very little to try find any answers for us instead just saying 'I don't know'. The owner Nuno was very nice and savvy so in the end we just ended up going straight to him if we wanted to know something.

It was a delightful hostel. I am a solo traveler and when you stay in a friendly and hospitable hostel it makes a difference. People wanted to share stories and experiences and having a hostel dinner each night was lovely - I got to try real Portuguese food in a very convivial atmosphere - LOVELY.

Nothing negative, everything was excellent, including breakfast, staff, location. However as it was off season it was a bit quiet at times, which you'd expect! Nuno cheers for the night out! Seeya next time!

I very much liked the atmosphere at this hostel. The staff was also perfect! Will come back later to spend some days probably

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

I went in off-season, the hostel was quiet. They don't have locker in the room, but my only roommate looks nice. They are very considerate that they not only have a reading light for each bed, but also 2 plugs for everyone. Yes, 2 plugs and a small shelf so that you can put your stuffs! I traveled for quite long time, there were some hostels only have one plug in a room. And the bed is also cozy, not the one you have to worry if you turn too much and the bed will break

Great place, just not many people there.

• 7th Nov 2013

After travelling around Europe for 6 months and staying in roughly 30 hostels, this hostel was the best on all fronts a bench mark setter for the rest. i really enjoyed staying here and would stay again and recommend to anyone that visits Faro.

Loved it!