Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Casa d'Alagoa est l'authentique auberge de jeunesse, avec des jeunes voyageurs au goût festif. L'endroit est bien. Côté propreté, l'ensemble était bien, seulement quelques moissisures dans ma douche.

• 1st Nov 2014

A gem in lovely Faro. Great atmosphere in hostel – lots of space and roof terrace. Good value dinners offered and good breakfast. Super comfortable mattresses and wooden bunks a plus. 12 bed dorm has loads of space and nice balconies but wifi didn’t work in room. Recommend a boat trip through Ria Formosa park.

We only stayed here one night on the way to Lagos but wished we had had more time. The staff was really helpful and created a great social environment among all the guests. The facilities were modern and clean and our 12 bed dorm was very spacious. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Faro!

Had a phenomenal time at this hostel! The whole Halloween party was fun.... But they weren't very clear on the charging, and defo overcharged/didn't tell people exactly wht was going on. That said, try we're the best part of Faro, and if I ever pass through again I will stay here!

Thank you so much for your comment. We are sorry that we weren't clear about what was going on in Halloween but we have to say that we feel a bit surprised about that. We will revise our communication to our guests and check what failed. We had a tremendous party and you can check the photos on our fb page. Hope to see you soon in Faro.

I had a great time here! Bike rides, great staff, great weather too! The bunk beds are huge! They have big lockers but bring your padlock. You get a nice breakfast and free wifi.

• 29th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your review. The bike rides are really great. You might even catch the wild flamingos. As we told you here the bunk beds were designed and build by ourselves and that's why they are so massive and so comfortable. We know we will see you very soon back at the house. Safe travels.

Loved stayinging here. I left with more friends than I came with due to the fully amicable company in the staff and hostellers. The beach was in biking distance and many bars and sights were within walking range. Thanks for the great experience!

What a great hostel! Stayed here in Faro during the "off season" recently and felt so at home! The staff are very friendly, 12-bed room was safe and friendly, and the entire vibe of the staff guests was great. I would recamend this hostel 100%. The beach is a 10-15 minute bus ride or you can rent bikes from Casa and bike there which is a more fun option! I do not think you will regret staying here! Abrigado Casa d'Alagoa :)

• 26th Oct 2014

Thank you so much for your words here. We had such a nice time here with you. We agree with you the bike ride to the beach is definitely a must do here. We do it all the time ourselves. We hope to see you again very soon.

I stayed at this hostel only for one night on my way back from Lagos. As soon as I walked in the door I could tell it was a good hostel. The staff there are all amazing and nice people from all over the world. The hostel was clean and had everything you needed. But the best part that made my one night good was the people there. Had a blast passing the guitar around and sharing stories. Thank you again to the staff for making me feel welcome! You were all awesome!

Thank you for your stay here and your review. The nights you describe are great but every night things are different here. Depends of the mood of everyone. Sometimes we play games, watch a movie, play drinking games, do limbo dancing, etc. One thing is for sure... We always have a great time with our guests. Thanks again

Wednesday guest chef dinner was great. Great location, easy to get to. Great new large bunks. And pretty building.

Thank you for your review. Our Wednesdays we invite a local to come and cook for us. They need to cook something that has never been cooked before in the house. Thanks for your visit.

Such a great hostel, staff were so accommodating! They went above and beyond and really do make the hostel what it is. Such a great hostel with a great little area to chill out in, heaps of information about things to do as well buses/trains. The rooms were super spacious and clean, bathrooms the same. It's in a great area, opposite a cute little garden square, near the best attractions and heaps of places to eat. About a 15 minute bike ride to the beach, which you can rent here.

Thank you so much for your review! Your description is very good :-) We hope you come back soon.

I stayed at tis place for just 2 days because I had not more time for traveling. I was feeling very comfortable in the hostel. I was feeling like being in a family. The owner Diego went out with us to the pubs and Claudia helped me everytime with my travel plans. I would go back. What I didn't like that my lock didn't fit the safe and the safe was not very safe, it was easy to crack. But I think you don't need to lock up your stuff, the hostel is very safe. Thank you guys! Lukas

Thanks for your comment. We had a great time with you Lukas. We have to say that the locks are a lot harder to crack than what they seem ;-) (we had to crack a few). We hope you had safe travels and that you had and incredible. Great to have met you. See you soon

This is a very nice hostel with a good atmosphere.

Thank you for your comment! Hope you had a safe journey back and you to see you again in Faro.

We enojoyed this hostel SO much, we firstly enjoyed the courtesy of all its staff, then the hostel's design, dormitories, cleanliness, awesome familiar atmosphere. 100% thumbs up!!! Casa d'Alagoa totally nailed it.

• 5th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your words! We really love what we do here. We have also the best guest coming to our house. Don't forget to come for a visit next time you are in Faro.

One of the best hostels I've ever seen. Clean, good breakfast, well equipped and large kitchen, beautiful common areas. Staff seem like family and are keen to let you join in all activities. Special thanks to Kasia for turning the reception area into a sickbay and nursing me back to health during her shift after the Saturday night out. One very small criticism: The maintenance of the rental bikes could be improved just a bit.

Thank you so much for your review! We do like to take care of our guests ;-) Thank you also for helping us with the bikes. We rearranged the process of fixing the bikes to prevent this from happen on the future. We will show you next time :-D

Best hostel I have stayed in in all of Europe!!

Thank you for your comment and for your words. We hope to see you soon again.

great job! everyone was super friendly and the place was very nice

• 28th Sep 2014

Thank you for your comment! We also owe the great atmosphere of the house to the fantastic guests we have.

Honestly I really loved this hostel, it is so homely and warm. Like minded people and atmosphere. The location is really good, really close to airport about 15 Euro cost and 15 min drive. The rooms are really clean and even have a little table thing with a lamp :D Solo travellers will really like this place as every one is really friendly

Thanks for your review! We do like to meet other fellow travelers here. :-) Thank you so much for your visit. Just one small correction ;-) we make airport pick ups for a cheaper price than the taxi (just 10€) and also with a small tour of Faro along the way for you to get your bearings.

There are no words for how perfect this hostel is. Safe: 24hr reception + key to the room. Location: couldn't be better. Very clean (I loved the wooden shower floor), amazing house+terrace+bbq. But the best part? The best, craziest, sweetest, coolest staff EVER! Whether you need info or food, want to go out or just chill at the hostel, they are always there for you and they're truly the best I've ever met! Kasia, Denise, Zosie, Sam, Ruben, Thomas, Laura, Amanda, Martyna, YOU GUYS ROCK!

We had such a great time with you here. Thank you so much for your kind words. You were a really cool guest. We hope to see you here very soon.

This is a great place if you want to meet people and youre up for being sociable or having a party, lots of drinks, nights out, dinner every night (for additional fee). Very good communal facilities, although dorms are average. The private rooms are pretty good though. If you want a bit of space then I would definitely recommend getting a private room. All staff were friendly, with tricia being really great. free wifi not very good connection though. Excellent location.

Thank you very much for your comment. We do continue to decorate our dorms even though in terms of functionality they are very over what you would expect in a hostel. Our privates rooms were the ones we finish first with the decoration. Oh! And Tricia says hi! Hope to see you next time you come to Faro

Wonderful hostel! Fabulous location, amazing staff, friendly and communal atmosphere, 2 outdoor patios to eat or socialize in, full kitchen with option to buy their very nice breakfast and dinner. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm with non-squeaky wooden bunk beds, enough space, individual lights, and lockable wooden chests instead of lockers. They also have lots of bikes to rent! Good wifi.

Thank you so much for your great comment. Your description of the house is amazing :-D We have designed and built the beds ourselves as all the renovation of this more than 2 century old house. Just one small correction... our breakfast is free :-). It was great having you around the house. We hope to see you very soon