Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Keep up with: the great family like atmosphere this house has, amazing staff and the delicious diners! think about: value for money of the private room, it doesnt seem to reflect the hostel's philosophy. I chose to stay there out of convenience and my stay was amazing anyway beside all these points : I think 60 euro is too much for a room with the tiny window opening directly to the street, no fan and no daily room cleaning service ( I had to pick up more toilet paper and a new towel myself).

• 20th May 2015
  • Poland

Thank you so much for your review. It was great having around the house. We were a bit surprised with some of your words since you stayed with us for so long and kept postponing your departure. 60€ is the price for a private room with private bathroom. You are right about the fan, we have them but we haven't put them in the rooms by then. No we have, thank you for letting us know. About the cleaning, we do have daily room cleaning service but we don't change towels daily.

Very friendly and helpful staff providing all the necessary information one needs for travelling plus a big board with all the necessary information on Faro and the surrounding cities. The beautiful house with nice rooms, a big kitchen, lovely terrace and atrium is not only a great place to stay but also home of delicious dinners by Portuguese locals the guests can enjoy.

Thank you for your words. Your description of the house is also how we feel everyday working there. Adding of course, the great guests that come to our house.

Great location near the sights and near the water and ferry. Very helpful staff and a fun happy hour/ bar. Definitely recommend!

Thank you very much for your comment. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our happy hour ;-) hope to see you soon

Great hostel with easygoing and sincere friendly atmosphere. Thumbs up for the owners and staff! And the dinner in the hostel is delicious and perfect to meet other guests.

Thank you so much for you review. The atmosphere of the house is amazing. Lots of guests and activities. Very easy to meet other travelers.

The place itself is very good but the thing is that I was just staying one night, because I had to take a flight early in the morning, so I booked a 4person ensuite room, planning to have rest and peace. But this room is very close to the common area of the hostel, so it was just impossible to sleep and rest, as they were doing a lot of noise.

Thank you very much for your review. Sorry about the noise but we checked with all the staff and nobody recalls any sort of noise in the house, nevertheless thank you for point that out we will be more alert for that.

Everyone and Everything was perfect. Just a little thing, more pressure for the water in the shower would be better.

Thank you very much for the comment. We understand about the water but we want to be environmentally friendly since the Algarve has water issues.

One of the best hostels that I've ever been!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your review. It is very important to know that we are going on the right direction, bringing to our guests the best travelling experience in Faro. Hope to see you soon.

Great dinner-night!

Thank you so much for your review. We have some great dinners here with our chef. ;-) Thank you for joining. See you soon.

Best hostel ever! The staff was so helpful and even went out with us at night and showed us Faro nightlife. The hostel is very clean and the rooms spacious. I will definitely come back soon.

Thank you so much for your comment! It was great to have you here at the house. I know that you will come back very soon.... so, see you soon!

Great atmosphere and parties. Lot better than London. We'll be back :)

Thank you so much for your comment. It is so great to see you guys everytime

A review from my mate I made the reservation for: 'My second time here. Good to be reunited with the staff after three long years. It was a wonderful stay, hopefully I won't have to wait another three years for the next.'

Thank you for the comment. What a great week. You guys set the tone for this week. See you guys next year and hope we will come and visit you.

Fourth time at the house, it's getting better and better!

Thank you so much for the comment. Amazing times with you guys as always. This time with a bigger group. See you next year...well, in some cases, maybe even this year? :-)

Casa d'Alagoa really feels like a home from home. And their dinners are an opportunity to enjoy local traditional Portuguese food among new friends. I needed to leave early in the morning and Pedro arranged for breakfast to be prepared for me. Also really easy to get local info like bus times and book and print tickets online. I'm 100% definitely coming back!! Obrigado Pedro and everyone at Casa d'Alagoa! Paul Boyce

Thank you for your review. We have great dinners with our chef Pedro. Everyday we are very excited to see what is he going to cook next. Hope to see you very soon at the house

Great place to stay! Good location, nice building, clean and pretty rooms with comfy beds! Common areas perfect to meet other travellers like in the reception rooms with couches, a computer, a book exchange shelf, a wall full of travel tips and schedules to many destinations, the terrace to enjoy the sun or even a barbecue. Very modern and clean kitchen. Breakfast included and possibility to register for a yummy dinner (vegetarian friendly) to share with fellow travellers. And very nice staff !

• 7th May 2015

Thank you so much for your comment! The description of the house is wonderfull! Hope to see you soon.

We stayed for one night only, but it was a nice night. The beds were great and comfy and there were enough bathrooms. The breakfast was ok. The staff was really helpful. It was quite easy for us to find the hostel from the station. There are not much to do in Faro, but the hostel offers a lot of activities!

Thank you so much for your review. We do offer many activities here that is true. Also about Faro you can do many things here ;-) Next time you come around we will show you :-)

I've stayed in lots of other hostels, but this one is by far the best one! :) Really loved the friendly staff, the great food from Pedro and the great accomodation. I'm thinking about coming back again real soon!!

• 4th May 2015

Thank you for your comment! We are so glad that you found this one to be the best. Pedro does a fantastic job with his friendliness and amazing cooking. We can't wait to see you again

I have nothing but positive things to say about my stay at Casa d'Alagoa. This was seriously the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are super friendly and helpful and extremely laid back. You never feel like you're doing something wrong, but rather I felt like I was in the comfort of my own home. They offer home cooked meals every night for 10 Euros, which includes a drink! I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone who's looking for a laid back, homey, fun, intimate experience.

• 4th May 2015

Thank you so much for your words! It was great having you around the house too. We have always been very proud of our dinners and now we have a proper chef cooking for us. We are very happy you have enjoyed it. Hope to see you soon at the house. We wish you a safe travel

I've probably stayed in 50+ hostels in my life and Casa d'Alagoa is by far one of my favorites. The staff are incredibly warm and helpful, the facilities are lovely, and the vibe is perfect -- fun but not over the top. Also, family style dinners are perfect for when you're traveling alone and want to get to know other travelers. Not to mention Pedro's delicious cooking. Definitely recommend a stay here. Even though Faro as a town is pretty sleepy, Casa d'Alagoa more than makes up for it.

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words. Pedro is our real chef and he cooks some very excellent food. Glad that you enjoyed the spirit of the house. Faro is a very chilled out town even though it has 9.000 students out of the 60.000 inhabitants. So we bring a bit of the craziness into it ;-)

The staff was very friendly. The helped me giving information about Faro and where to go. They rent bikes at affordable prices.

Thank you so much for your review. We like to help our guests to discover Faro. Renting the bikes is definitely not to miss. Hope to see you soon.

Everything's on point here. Excellent staff, wifi, clean facilities, atmosphere, etc. Good value airport transfer is an added bonus and makes your life that much easier. Not a party place, but easy to meet others. BEAUTIFUL kitchen for guest use if you like to cook though they host group dinners as well.

Thank you so much for your comment. We have just fixed our wifi, thank you for noticing. About the parties, you just missed our famous BBQ on every saturday. And what a great party it was this week. :-) Next time be sure not to miss it.