Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

The staff were awesome, family feel- staff makes sure everyone is having a great time. They had all you can drink sangria/beer and great family dinners- even brought in a local Portuguese chef to cook. Ended up staying an extra 2 nights because we met so many great people. Two things- beach was not easily accessible, but can take a 20min ferry and there wasn't a bar scene.

Thanks for your review and for joining our great night with the BBQ and the dinners. About the beach, it is as you said, we have a natural park between the city and the beaches but that also makes our beaches quite unique ;-). You can go by bike (through the natural park), by bus or by boat (on the channels of the natural park). About the bar scene it is true that here things start to get full very late so sometimes we also think that there is nobody coming out.

Had a really great stay, would recommend and I will be coming back! Everyone was very friendly :) thank you :)

• 17th Aug 2014

Thank you so much for visiting us and for the review. We hope to see you very soon at the house.

Me and my friend were in casa d'alagoa for 6 days/5 nights. We had an amazing time! The atmosphere is just great, the staff is wonderfull (and from all over the world) and will do everything in their power to help you. Their cooking is amazing, you really need to go to their saterday barbecue! We really recommend it for young people who want to have a fun time!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Thank so much for your review. We had a great time with you there. I hope you will come back soon and we will show you what kind of food we cook in winter time :-)

I really enjoyed my time here. The managers and all the staff are extremely friendly and very helpful! They made me feel right at home the moment I stepped through the door. I would recommend this hostel to anyone thinking of staying in Faro. I know I'll be back for sure! Dillon.

• 14th Aug 2014

Hey you! Amazing time we had at the house with you. Pleasure knowing you. Hope you will come back really soon and don't forget to use more sun screen next time :-P

Amazing atmosphere, they are ready to help you with whatever you need and the parties are great too!

Thank you for contributing to the atmosphere of the house. Nice to know you had a great stay at our house and we hope to see you really soon

Good clean hostel. Nice big patio, lots of room to hang out in the main room. Displays lots of useful information in the main room. Only issue was security. The room did not lock, so the key to the bedroom was pretty much useless. Also, the main door was left open quite often.

Thank you for your review and thank you for pointing out those issues. We took immediate action. We have changed the lock of that room and the main door has a spring that shuts it every time. Hope to see you back again at the house.

Really great hostel and great city. Wish all hostels had been like this on our trip. They had a Arabian Food Night that included belly dancing and sangrias and the boyfriend absolutely loved it. Atmosphere was unbeatable. Would love to go back!

Thank you for your visit and your review. The Arabian Night was quite fun. The idea started because we found out that one of our staff members could do belly dancing. Great to see that there was more guys interested on learning belly dancing than girls :-D :-D

More like a second home for me, I really love this hostel and all the staff. Everyone is so helpful which makes for a happy stay! Lots of different areas there to chill out. Really comfortable beds and such a great atmosphere every time. wonderful meals cooked nightly makes it a great way to meet all other travelers. I see no other reason to go to another Hostel when i visit Faro!

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review. Great to see that you felt great around the house. We feel very much at home here with all of our guests. The meals are a wonderful opportunity to meet the whole staff and the other guests. We had a fantastic time with you here. See you soon, I'm sure!

This was one of my favorite hostels that my wife and I stayed at on our trip. The staff was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly, everyone just wanted to have a good time. The dinner we had the night we stayed there was made by their "guest chefs" for the evening, three young boys who had been taking cooking classes. All I can say is they should keep it up because it was fantastic. The whole feel of the place is just spectacular.

Thanks for your comment and it is very good to hear that you had a lovely stay at our place. That night with the little guest chefs was amazing. Participating with them at the kitchen was very funny and very interesting to see how they did pull that off. Every Wednesday we have a guest chef that comes to cook for everyone. We will always try and surprise you with fantastic food and ideas. :-)

One of the best hostels I have stayed so far.

Thanks for the great review. Nice to see someone enjoying our house so much.

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm in the middle of tourist season, but most of the beds were empty, so it was pretty nice. Also it was kind of split into two rooms. I'm not sure if there were lockers for my things, but I didn't ask and just kept everything on the bed with me as I was only there a night. The staff were friendly and helpful and knew the area well. It was well designed and the decor had a bit of a bohemian tone, which, depending on your tastes, is either pretty cool or just inoffensive.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for the great review. Nice to know that you had a great stay at our 12 Bed Dorm. Also I'm happy to tell you that we do have lockers in all the rooms :-) They are under the beds :-) Loved the way you described the "a bit of a bohemian tone". Great way to describe us. It does depend on you taste, you can have both things. When it gets like a big party we take the guests out to the bars to party together.

A nightmare!!! I paid for the night I didn't sleep at all because of that birthday party. I think the owners failed to realise that they need to provide equal comfort to all guests not only those who paid for the party. After midnight everyone seemed completely drunk and not only that...So it wasn't a secure place. The drunk people were wandering around the hostel screaming, smashing the doors. Our door was attacked by someone who was trying to get inside.The situation was out of control.

Everything was very good. There was a 3rd anniversary when I stayed there. They charged 25 € for one person to join the anniversary which I thought is too much. When I paid and went up where the people were eating the food was nearly finished and there was no place anymore. So I had to look for a place to sit. I think it was not worth 25 €. As to the rest, everything was great, helpful staff, clean and cool.. Will definitively go there again.

Not only is the staff friendly and helpful, but throughout the week and each weekend they host bbqs, parties, and themed dinners with the most amazing food and atmosphere. They even think of the guests who want a quiet night by guiding the guests who want to party to certain terraces, or even out to the bars and clubs in the city. :) The hostel is less than 10 minutes walk away from EVERYTHING in Faro, so it's the perfect location. The entire establishment is absolutely brilliant.

I waited a while before posting this review because I wanted to be sure that this place was actually as amazing as I thought it was. I've been back almost 2 months and it's time. This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The guys who run this hostel and the staff who work there are some of the very best people I have ever met. The rooms are excellent, the patio is chill. The sangria and I had a love-hate-love relationship. Go here. Just do it. Get the meal at night, it's amazing. Amazing.

Absolutely beautiful hostel. The rooms are all massive with big lockers and amazing beds. They have a big information board with tons of different things to do as family dinners each night!

Lovely place

Great location. Good breakfast and group dinner. Very clean. Good service, very helpful staff. Very close to train station, bus station and ferry to islands.

Nice hostel, friendly people, Weird little town.

I intended to stay at Casa D'Alagoa for 3 nights, after the 2nd night at the hostel I cancelled my flights to another destination so I could stay for an additional 3 nights. From the moment I arrived the staff were very welcoming and happy to lend any assistance or answer any questions. The rooms were well kept and the bathrooms always tidy. The atmosphere this hostel provides fantastic and is essential to anyone looking for a good time. I'd highly recommend visiting Casa D'Alagoa, oh and Faro!

• 5th Jul 2014