Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

The ten minute walk from Train and Bus stations is worth it when you enter the house..Very warm welcome and a charming old building, tastefully restored gives you that feeling that you have made the correct choice in Faro. The Casa d'Alagoa is for me the best hostel i ever visited... Cold beer on tap, a fine choice of wines to choose, and The in house Chef & other staff, put on delicious meals! plenty space to chill out & Comfortable non squeaky beds!! A huge plus point! check in here!

It was like a Family! I really liked it there and hope i will come back! Theresa

• 23rd Aug 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here at the hostel. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. The only reason I marked average for cleanliness was because of the bathrooms. I thought they were quite dirty, hair everywhere, and constantly wet. Other than that the hostel is very clean, provides you with a ton of information regarding Faro itself and how to travel elsewhere. The kitchen is great and free toast in the morning is always a plus.

All renovated hostel, spacious rooms, two terrasses. Individual showers available. Friendly staff and the chef is awesome, we had the 7 course meal which was really delicious! The onky thing is that you need a very small padlock to lock your things, regular ones don't fit.

By far the greatest hostel I have veer been to. Beautiful, very clean, amazing staff, and a great pub crawl they organized that ended with a party at an artist warehouse:D Great direct transportation from the airport. Amazing location in beautiful Faro. No complaints and will definitely stay again when in Faro!! Obrigada!!

The hostel is located in the centre of Faro and not far from the local train station or airport. However I did find the hostel too pricy. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 40 euros per night and the room was noisy. (It's on the main floor and you hear everyone coming into the hostel etc) This was a shame. combined with no air conditioning and a plastic cover around the mattress it was the formula for a hot night. Furthermore nice staff, great atmosphere.

Really nice location and staff! The rooms were very nice as well, and the artgallery party on monday is really cool to attent!

I thought that it would have been nice to have lockers or something, I didn't feel safe leaving my things in my 12 bed room

Thank you for your review. I think that you must be mistaken. We do have lockers under the beds in all dorms. Also I can guarantee you that so far there has been no things ever taken on any dorms. We guess it has to do with the atmosphere created in the house. Hope to see you soon at the house

Showers were poor

Thank you for your review. It's a shame you think that about our showers but we understand why. It's the water pressure, it isn't as strong as you would loved it to be. There is a reason for that, this region is a pretty dry one and we do want to leave the smallest impact on our environment possible.

Very beautiful place, a bit expensice (30 euro per bed) but nice atmosphere!

Thank you for your review. It is true that our prices do increase dramatically during the first weeks of August, there are no beds available on a range of over 50 Km but, we do recommend guests to come on periods where the climate is still amazing and its cheaper.

This was my second time staying here after 2 years. Loved it first time round but with more updates made this stay great! Best hosts ! Best hostel!

Thank you for your review! Great seeing you again. Next time it shouldn't take this long for your return.

1 2 3 Next » last »