Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Lovely place

Great location. Good breakfast and group dinner. Very clean. Good service, very helpful staff. Very close to train station, bus station and ferry to islands.

Nice hostel, friendly people, Weird little town.

I intended to stay at Casa D'Alagoa for 3 nights, after the 2nd night at the hostel I cancelled my flights to another destination so I could stay for an additional 3 nights. From the moment I arrived the staff were very welcoming and happy to lend any assistance or answer any questions. The rooms were well kept and the bathrooms always tidy. The atmosphere this hostel provides fantastic and is essential to anyone looking for a good time. I'd highly recommend visiting Casa D'Alagoa, oh and Faro!

• 5th Jul 2014

Nice hostel in a good location. However a few things really let the place down: - some of the staff weren't very knowledgeable with recommending things to do and places to eat. - most of showers were clogged up - wifi did not extend to the bedrooms - all the beds still had their plastic sheeting still covering the mattress which was very annoying

all was fine, thank you very much

Very good facilities, excellent dinner at the hostel, a lot of travel information - maps, time tables for busses, trains... nice stuff, spacious rooms and very nice beds - massive, wood... The house is beautiful! Easy to reach by walking from the bus/ trainstation

Was only staying for the night but upon my warm welcoming from the female staff member at reception and the hostel itself i.e great common area, Outside terrace, Super comfortable bed,Location made me regret i couldnt stay longer!

It's a nice hostel in a good location. All the noises from the street were quite annoying at night when I was trying to sleep. They cleaned the dorm room every day but they could have done a better job... The floors were quite dirty. No major complaints though, it was a friendly hostel in a good location and I would return.

Nice and friendly overall

nicest staff ever

Easily one if the best hostels I have stayed at. Very clean and the rooms are huge. I had dinner with the staff who cooked heaps of food and it was very cheap to join them. The owner is a very friendly and easy to talk to guy. Loved the fact they had beer on tap as well. Also really liked the rooftop terrace as well. Fantastic hostel I would stay there again in an instant. Couldn't recommend it more.

Brilliant how they converted this very charming odl building into a comfy, cosy, welcoming hostel. The hosts are lovely bunch! They cannot do enough for you! Lovely to meet so much people and have some proper chats in the inside small courtyard late at night. Then they took us to some lovely bars and to finish the night we had a lock in for special guests only in a local pub and some delicious tipical portuguese nibles! Would definitely go back

It was a wonderful stay. It is a nice place to rest yourself in the middle of the long trip. Staffs were nice and the Portuguese dinner they provided was one of the best meal I had in Portugal. They didn't have a map but tourist information center is close enough.

It's my second time in casa d'alagoa and it has only gotten better. I love this place!!! You must stay here of you are going to faro! :) Special thanks to Monique, Alyssa, nuno, diogo,...... I'll be back one day!

Love, love LOVE this hostel! My friend and I stayed here for the second time in two years, this time we stayed for a whole week. The house was just as great as last time, full of amazing people, a brilliant atmosphere and great facilities. They've added pad-lockable boxes for your belongings under the beds which is fab, the beds were comfy with three sockets per person if you unplug the reading lamp - very useful and everything was spotless thanks to a dedicated cleaning team. Worth every penny!

• 24th Jun 2014

I had such a great stay and hope I can come back some time! :)

• 23rd Jun 2014

Very good meals, clean hostel und awesome staff

Excellent location! Very friendly staff! Very good dorms!

Another time around and just as good! These guys know how to treat you well and it shows in the amount of people who choose to return (like myself) or extend their stay. The world cup room is the best place to watch the football in town and the barbecue continues to be spectacular.