Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

Everything's on point here. Excellent staff, wifi, clean facilities, atmosphere, etc. Good value airport transfer is an added bonus and makes your life that much easier. Not a party place, but easy to meet others. BEAUTIFUL kitchen for guest use if you like to cook though they host group dinners as well.

Thank you so much for your comment. We have just fixed our wifi, thank you for noticing. About the parties, you just missed our famous BBQ on every saturday. And what a great party it was this week. :-) Next time be sure not to miss it.

Amazing stay, lovely hostel with comfortable and friendly atmosphere . I can't recommend it highly enough and would definitely stay here again!! Staff are very friendly and the evening meals are worth the money and of a high standard!!

Thank you so much for your comment. You are so right. Our chef Pedro prepares amazing food every night. It was great having you at the house. See you soon

This hostel is overall very nice. Clean, modern but comfy common areas, great rooftop space! My biggest qualm was that wifi only worked in the indoor common areas and not in our room or the roof. The staff was very kind, fun, and helpful, especially when it came to helping me with my bus.

Thanks for your comment and letting us know about your wishes. We are sorting out the wifi as we speak. We are coming up with a great solution. :-) Hope to see you soon back at the house.

The staff is very kind and friendly, The Hostel ist very nice, good rooms, good location, good cleaning. Breakfast it was plentiful and tasty. Great price-quality ! just spend one night there, but definitly i want to come back soon!

• 25th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We also want you to come back soon. Try and stay for our BBQs on saturdays.

Such a friendly vibe in this hostel and the beds are so comfy .. What more could you ask for! Have dinner with them the food was excellent!

Thank you for your review! We have to agree that our food is great :D Well seriously, we have a proper chef cooking for the house now! All the staff is very excited about the food he is cooking. Great value for the dinners.

Staff were helpful, place was clean and tidy. Wifi did not work in the rooms, only the common room! I felt dinner was expensive at €8 each, where you could get cheaper elsewhere. Drinks were also expensive. Would recommend to anyone as all other things were perfect.

Thanks for pointing out those issues to us. We definitely will check out why was wifi not working on the rooms. About the prices, we have to disagree. It isn't just the prices of food that you need to compare, it's the quality also. About the drinks, sorry but we really don't see your point. Sodas 1€, Cider 2€, Pint of beer - 2,5€ (happy hour even cheaper), Wine bottle starting at 5€. Hope next time you come we can sit down and talk about what why do you find it expensive :-)

A great hostel, friendly and really helpful staff (thanks again for the flexibility with the booking). Nice dinners :). It really felt like being part of a family for a day or two.

Thank you for your comment. We are more than welcome to help you. That is what we love to do. Hope to see you soon back at the house.

It's a great hostel in a great town with a very big common area. Breakfast is okay, the showers didn't spend much water.

Thank you so much for your review. Faro is a great town and still maintains the Portuguese character that nearby cities don't (like Albufeira). You are right about the showers, they are environment friendly and The Algarve has a big water issue.

A very pleasant hostel with excellent staff. Good location near everything in town, good facilities, bike rental and evening activities. Had a great couple of days there.

Fantastic Hostel, really good service with late night airport transfer. Beautiful rooms and very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were super friendly and very helpful. Excellent facilities. Wished we could have stayed longer.

Thank you so much for your comment. We also hope you can stay longer next time

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff were so helpful with planning what to do while in Faro. The rooms were very nice as well. It was such a homey atmosphere especially the bbq cookout night. I would recommend this hostel to everyone. We loved it.

• 10th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to help you plan your whole trip with you. Hope to see you soon

Very good place, clean, friendly staff, good mattress!

Thank you for the review. We have focused very much on having comfortable beds. See you next time.

One of the better hostels I've stayed at. Great environment, organized group dinners and hang outs and a free breakfast!! That you don't find in other hostels :) I will repeat!

Thanks for the great words and thank you for participating on our dinners. Hope to see you soon at the house.

Great time! Fantastic people! Casa d'Alagoa is an essence of the hostel! You say the word "hostel" you think: casa d'Alagoa. Thanks Diogo, Lauren, Fiona, Pedro and rest of the crew for atmosphere and hospitality, without you it wouldn't be the same! Definetely pop in there if you're in Faro!

Thanks for the great time we had with you. Lot's of fun! We hope to have you pop up here again even if just for a chat.

This hostel was fantastic. The staff are so welcoming, they really make you feel at home. They cook a meal each night for €6 and it was the best food I've eaten in Europe so far (I've been travelling for 7 weeks), I ate there 3 nights in a row. I would definitely stay here again!!

Thank you so much for your review. Great to hear that you enjoyed our food. Next time you come here, let us know what would you like us to prepare :-)

very helpful, friendly staff.

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our company as we did yours.

Loved this place so much I went back after my stay. Had a great vibe and great facilities! Would recommend !

Thank you for your review! Very nice to hear that you loved the house. Hope to see you soon!

Wonderful hostel, with the added benefits of having All-you-can-drink Sangria nights and offering delicious and affordable home cooked dinners. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Great experience.

Thank you for your comment! Every saturday we have that crazy BBQ with all-you-can-drink Sangria and beer. We are happy that you had fun with us as much as we had fun with you.

Fantastic! The staff was so friendly and helpful, the dinner was great, and even though it was quiet, I still had a wonderful time :) I highly recommend.

Thank you for your review! Lovely to hear that you love our food. We do love to cook :-) You should come back in the summer to check out the house when is full of people.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »