Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

More like a second home for me, I really love this hostel and all the staff. Everyone is so helpful which makes for a happy stay! Lots of different areas there to chill out. Really comfortable beds and such a great atmosphere every time. wonderful meals cooked nightly makes it a great way to meet all other travelers. I see no other reason to go to another Hostel when i visit Faro!

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review. Great to see that you felt great around the house. We feel very much at home here with all of our guests. The meals are a wonderful opportunity to meet the whole staff and the other guests. We had a fantastic time with you here. See you soon, I'm sure!

This was one of my favorite hostels that my wife and I stayed at on our trip. The staff was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly, everyone just wanted to have a good time. The dinner we had the night we stayed there was made by their "guest chefs" for the evening, three young boys who had been taking cooking classes. All I can say is they should keep it up because it was fantastic. The whole feel of the place is just spectacular.

Thanks for your comment and it is very good to hear that you had a lovely stay at our place. That night with the little guest chefs was amazing. Participating with them at the kitchen was very funny and very interesting to see how they did pull that off. Every Wednesday we have a guest chef that comes to cook for everyone. We will always try and surprise you with fantastic food and ideas. :-)

One of the best hostels I have stayed so far.

Thanks for the great review. Nice to see someone enjoying our house so much.

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm in the middle of tourist season, but most of the beds were empty, so it was pretty nice. Also it was kind of split into two rooms. I'm not sure if there were lockers for my things, but I didn't ask and just kept everything on the bed with me as I was only there a night. The staff were friendly and helpful and knew the area well. It was well designed and the decor had a bit of a bohemian tone, which, depending on your tastes, is either pretty cool or just inoffensive.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for the great review. Nice to know that you had a great stay at our 12 Bed Dorm. Also I'm happy to tell you that we do have lockers in all the rooms :-) They are under the beds :-) Loved the way you described the "a bit of a bohemian tone". Great way to describe us. It does depend on you taste, you can have both things. When it gets like a big party we take the guests out to the bars to party together.

A nightmare!!! I paid for the night I didn't sleep at all because of that birthday party. I think the owners failed to realise that they need to provide equal comfort to all guests not only those who paid for the party. After midnight everyone seemed completely drunk and not only that...So it wasn't a secure place. The drunk people were wandering around the hostel screaming, smashing the doors. Our door was attacked by someone who was trying to get inside.The situation was out of control.

Everything was very good. There was a 3rd anniversary when I stayed there. They charged 25 € for one person to join the anniversary which I thought is too much. When I paid and went up where the people were eating the food was nearly finished and there was no place anymore. So I had to look for a place to sit. I think it was not worth 25 €. As to the rest, everything was great, helpful staff, clean and cool.. Will definitively go there again.

Not only is the staff friendly and helpful, but throughout the week and each weekend they host bbqs, parties, and themed dinners with the most amazing food and atmosphere. They even think of the guests who want a quiet night by guiding the guests who want to party to certain terraces, or even out to the bars and clubs in the city. :) The hostel is less than 10 minutes walk away from EVERYTHING in Faro, so it's the perfect location. The entire establishment is absolutely brilliant.

I waited a while before posting this review because I wanted to be sure that this place was actually as amazing as I thought it was. I've been back almost 2 months and it's time. This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The guys who run this hostel and the staff who work there are some of the very best people I have ever met. The rooms are excellent, the patio is chill. The sangria and I had a love-hate-love relationship. Go here. Just do it. Get the meal at night, it's amazing. Amazing.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »