Casa d'Alagoa Reviews

Praca Alexandre Herculano 27, Faro, Portugal

I've been backpacking all around Europe for the month of May 2014 and this hostel is one of the top places I stayed in. The house the hostel is in is absolutely beautiful and it has real personnality. My dorm was spacious and very comfortable (each bed had its own plug and locker). The bathroom was very big, clean and there was plenty of hot water. The common area was lovely. The staff cooks dinner pretty much every night and anyone is welcome to eat (for a small fee). Fantastic stay altogether!

Loved the atmosphere and the old building, it was really beautiful and fresh. But what really made my stay was the amazing staff. Especially two of te receptionists, Jaquline and Lexi. They were always super helpful, and full of ideas! I would strongly recommend this hostel to all fellow lonely travellers!

Good hostel

Excellent !! One of the best hostels I have stayed at, owners and staff are the best and the accommodations and locations are perfect :)

• 17th May 2014

Great environment! Lots of friendly people and I loved the "special event" BBQ!

Nice and memorable stay. Nice atmosphere and helpful staff! Awesome Sangria night!!

Amazing! Loved it!!

Absolute favourite hostel of my trip! Great value for your money, amazing staff and location! The people I met there were fantastic, and I even ended up traveling Portugal with one! Great spot if you are traveling on your own and looking to meet great people! Oh, and the beds are soooo nice! I will definitely be coming back!

Great hostel. Brilliant BBQ and sangria party on Saturday, and a brilliant, chilled environment where it was easy to meet people.Great staff who knew a lot about what was going on and what to do. Under-bed lockers were 'secured' with v. small filmsy chain, and only small padlocks would fit. Very comfortable beds, all with power sockets and lights. Really great hostel.

Amazing place! Good beds and bathrooms etc. Really nice staff but not super helpful & Faro isn't the most exciting place - two nights tops would probably be enough.

I missed some vegetables with the dinners (white rice, white fish, coconutmilk/ white rice and roasted chicken). I think 7 euro is a bit expensive for only rice and some chicken or rice and some fish from the fridge. But what I have eaten tasted good :)

This hostel was awesome. Great location, great staff (the owner gets fkd up with the guests and heads out on the town). Good BBQ and great room. Faro is a great city and if you stay in Faro you should definitely stay at Casa d'Alagoa

the rooms and the bed were nice and clean. i just wish the bathrooms en suite had locks. i really liked the common room area and kitchen, which were very cozy.

This is a fantastic place for the atmosphere and the staff is so friendly. All the facilities are at your disposition and it's very clean. The location is good to visit the old part of Faro, but there isn't much to visit in Faro and that's a pity. But for sure, the exploitation of this hostel is very well done. This building has something special and even by bad weather, there is space enough inside the house to spent your time.

Breakfast was dissappointing. Free Parking for Tennants however was very helpful and much appreciated.

That chicken and sangria night could have made my whole trip worthwhile, please keep it up!

A little gem. Casa d'Alagoa was beyond fabulous. Staff went above and beyond to ensure all of their guests were happy and comfortable. The hostel itself was in a great location and accommodations were friendly and welcoming! WE LOVE YOU FARO.

• 16th Apr 2014

I absolutely loved my stay in Casa d'Alagoa. Everyone was so friendly and nice. The place is clean and spacious. Faro itself is beautiful and a great taste of Portuguese culture. Definitely stay for dinner at the hostel and try to get to "happy hour" before running to watch the sunset!

• 16th Apr 2014

Casa d'Alagoa was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Not only was it amazing place to stay, but the staff, the activities they have available, and all that they offer is phenomenal. The staff is really what makes this hostel so amazing though- they are so accommodating, they make great dinners every night for their guests, and they make you feel so at home. It truly felt like a home away from home! I want to go back ASAP! Definitely recommend this hostel to anyone- you will love it!

Modern but with a homely atmosphere! The staff were very considerate of me being sick and ensured that the lounge music and door bell were quieter at night so I could sleep well besides checking up on me when they saw me around. Social but not a party house which is what I prefer. Downside was the wifi not working in my room, but aside from that I really liked it and would stay here again.