Casa de Billy Barcelona Gran Via Reviews

Gran Via 420, 4-1, Barcelona, Spain

It is my second time in Casa de Billy. I like the house very much. The kindness of all the staff has been spotless, in fact the amability goes far beyond what I could have expected. The rooms are always nice, clean. The house is beatuiful and homy. The house is in a centric area, yet not at the very center. Perfect location to connect to the airport (Pza España) or to catch a train at Estacion Sants. Metro a block away. In a few weeks I will return to Casa de Billy. I am looking forward to it

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Spain

My wife and i spent eight nights at Casa Billy and the whole experience was fabulous. The hosts, Billy and Joaquin were fantastic, They could not have been more helpful, welcoming, charming ...I am running out of superlatives. The position could not have been better a block and a half from Roquerfort Metro station and two and a half blocks from Espanya Metro station. Espanya is also where trains leave from for Montserrat as well as where buses to and from the airport leave and arrive at.

• 17th Jun 2015

For anyone traveling to Barcelona and looking for an affordable yet luxurious place, I highly recommend Casa de Billy. The staff is very generous and polite. The environment is clean and classy. The location is perfect for tourists. The rooms are secure and locked. I was really impressed by Casa de Billy because the manager took the extra time to handle my circumstances. I would highly recommend this place!!

• 17th Jun 2015

There were 6 in our party and we had the superior room which had use of a roof terrace our friends were able to make use of this lovely space .Siri and Joachim were wonderful hosts nothing was too much trouble we were able to use the kitchens facilities at no extra cost this was an added touch to the beautiful accommodation we shared. The bedrooms were all of a high standard and the location was perfect for our trip.

• 8th Jun 2015

We shared a bathroom which we don't normally do, but they were so clean and with few enough people using them it was very easy.

We enjoyed the homely atmosphere and the interior decoration, lovely table settings and freedom of the use of the house. The staff were very friendly and helpful with ticket purchases, etc, Our private en-suite bathroom was on the small side and semi detached. The shower needs some attention. Overall a pleasant stay.

• 28th May 2015
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

What a find! Fantastic location, and such lovely people! . I stayed in the one Single room on the 5th floor. A small room, but with enough space to move, simple mish mash of old fashioned décor, a window that opens, very comfortable single bed, bedside table, wardrobe, room safe, desk and comfy chair, air con, power points. Shared bathroom, no problem! All the facilities of an apartment! Highly recommend and I will definitely stay here again! Great value and felt, very much, at home!

• 24th May 2015

Casa de Billy was one of my best travel experiences! The location is perfect - convenient to everything yet out of the craziness. The staff was warm, welcoming, friendly, helpful and totally accommodating. I felt taken care of and left feeling like I had met people I really enjoyed visiting with.

• 23rd May 2015

It is not just an hostel. It is a beautiful old house with all the necesasry facilities. The host was very kind. The street where the guesthouse is located is quite a bit noisy.

Charming, friendly & real Barcelona experience. Recommended if you prefer a 'non-chain hotel' experience.

• 7th May 2015

Staff was great. Enjoyed the delightful simple breakfast after 10 days of too much food at big hotel breakfast buffets. Loved having access to well stocked kitchen facilities and outside terrace. Some furnishings were a little worn but had great character. All in all we are happy to have stayed at Billys and will recommend to friends who have a similar travel style as ours.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Siri goes out of his way to be helpful...he even made me soup and tea when I was sick!... can't say enough good things about him!

• 30th Apr 2015

My wife and I enjoyed the property for a brief 2 day stay. Room was nice. The decor and the furniture are quite distinctive. My wife called the chair in our room, the Queen's. Siri, our resident host, was amazing, polite, helpful, knowledgeable, etc. The room my wife and I had faced the inner courtyard, and was very quiet. Kitchen and dining area was great for us. And hell ya, the whole wheat croissants were spectacular, the best from our entire trip across a small region of Europe.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Casa de Billy was exactly what I was hoping for. After reading the reviews it held up to being a lovely, comfortable homey stay. Billy, Joachim, and Siri were there whenever you needed them and offered up assistance with planning our stay in Barcelona. Like some reviews mentioned, if you need a more substantial breakfast than a croissant with jam, juice and coffee then you can bring/prepare your own and enjoy a grand breakfast in the loveliest of dining rooms. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BILLY ON MAY 2nd

• 22nd Apr 2015

Really enjoyed staying here. I was the only guest at the time, so I don't know what its like when it's a full house. The staff are great and really friendly though.

One of the best hostels I have stayed. Best location, staff and atmosphere. Breakfast could been better but I knew about it at the time of booking.

• 10th Apr 2015

I had a wonderful stay, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The place is beautifully done out. I had a single room, small enough for me but was very comfortable, didn´t have a problem with noise. There is a kitchen that you can use and everything is very clean. Highly recommendable and also very close to Placa d´Espanya where all the buses and trains leave from, so it´s very easy to get to and from the Airport or if one wants to make a daytrip somewhere. Just make sure you have a good map.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Austria

It was very nice and the host was very helpful. The location was near a metro station and there were two restaurants nearby with a good value for money. The breakfast was basic, but tasty : a croissant with butter and jam and coffee, tea and orange juice. We recommend Casa de Billy.

This is a lovely B&B in an old traditional building and is beautiful decorated. The room was ensuite with a comfortable bed and Siri our host produced a simple tasty breakfast of bread croissant, orange juice and coffee each morning. There is a small kitchen where guests can store food and make drinks and snacks.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great host, beautiful setting. Perfect for couples. Would definitely visit again

• 1st Apr 2015