Casa de Billy Barcelona Gran Via Reviews

Gran Via 420, 4-1, Barcelona, Spain

It is not just an hostel. It is a beautiful old house with all the necesasry facilities. The host was very kind. The street where the guesthouse is located is quite a bit noisy.

Staff was great. Enjoyed the delightful simple breakfast after 10 days of too much food at big hotel breakfast buffets. Loved having access to well stocked kitchen facilities and outside terrace. Some furnishings were a little worn but had great character. All in all we are happy to have stayed at Billys and will recommend to friends who have a similar travel style as ours.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Siri goes out of his way to be helpful...he even made me soup and tea when I was sick!... can't say enough good things about him!

• 30th Apr 2015

My wife and I enjoyed the property for a brief 2 day stay. Room was nice. The decor and the furniture are quite distinctive. My wife called the chair in our room, the Queen's. Siri, our resident host, was amazing, polite, helpful, knowledgeable, etc. The room my wife and I had faced the inner courtyard, and was very quiet. Kitchen and dining area was great for us. And hell ya, the whole wheat croissants were spectacular, the best from our entire trip across a small region of Europe.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Casa de Billy was exactly what I was hoping for. After reading the reviews it held up to being a lovely, comfortable homey stay. Billy, Joachim, and Siri were there whenever you needed them and offered up assistance with planning our stay in Barcelona. Like some reviews mentioned, if you need a more substantial breakfast than a croissant with jam, juice and coffee then you can bring/prepare your own and enjoy a grand breakfast in the loveliest of dining rooms. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BILLY ON MAY 2nd

• 22nd Apr 2015

Really enjoyed staying here. I was the only guest at the time, so I don't know what its like when it's a full house. The staff are great and really friendly though.

One of the best hostels I have stayed. Best location, staff and atmosphere. Breakfast could been better but I knew about it at the time of booking.

• 10th Apr 2015

I had a wonderful stay, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The place is beautifully done out. I had a single room, small enough for me but was very comfortable, didn´t have a problem with noise. There is a kitchen that you can use and everything is very clean. Highly recommendable and also very close to Placa d´Espanya where all the buses and trains leave from, so it´s very easy to get to and from the Airport or if one wants to make a daytrip somewhere. Just make sure you have a good map.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Austria

It was very nice and the host was very helpful. The location was near a metro station and there were two restaurants nearby with a good value for money. The breakfast was basic, but tasty : a croissant with butter and jam and coffee, tea and orange juice. We recommend Casa de Billy.

This is a lovely B&B in an old traditional building and is beautiful decorated. The room was ensuite with a comfortable bed and Siri our host produced a simple tasty breakfast of bread croissant, orange juice and coffee each morning. There is a small kitchen where guests can store food and make drinks and snacks.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great host, beautiful setting. Perfect for couples. Would definitely visit again

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Bentan84

Billy and his staff, Joaquin and Sir, were all very helpful. They went out of their way to help with reservations and in making directions to restaurants and tourist sites very clear. My room was small but had everything I needed. This was the first time in over 20 years where I did not have a private bath, but at Billy's, there were two right down the hall, so it was never a problem. I will make sure I stay here again on my next trip to Barcelona.

• 28th Mar 2015

Casa de Billy is your home in Barcelona. The staff is very friendly - the atmosphere is fantastic! I love the decor and am looking forward to coming back.

Had a wonderful time! Muchas gracias :)

I like this hostel very much! Highly recommand...

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent personalized accommodations and we always feel so much at home when we come to Barcelona.

This was our second time staying at Casa de Billy and it was wonderful once again! The rooms and the whole apartment are so beautiful and have so much character. Also the staff is so friendly and attentive, they make the stay very smooth and easy. They make you feel like you are staying at a friend's house. Also the location is amazing, 5 min walk to multiple metro stops and very close to Pl Espana to watch the Magic Fountain or take in the view from the arena. Highly recommend!

• 27th Feb 2015

This is a great place to be. STAFF is EXCELLENT. Ok a pc would be wonderful.

Great place to be. A very elegant hostal that provides some kind of luxury.

• 15th Feb 2015

Great place to stay. The location was wonderful, the bed was comfortable, and Joaquin was a fabulous host. He gave us ideas of where to go and how to get there. We would never have known about Carnaval in Stiges which was a lot of fun. Easy to either take the metro or walk anyway. Great place and a great city. Can't wait to go back.

• 12th Feb 2015