Casa de Billy Barcelona Gran Via Reviews

Gran Via 420, 4-1, Barcelona, Spain

Wonderful place to stay in Barcelona, very convenient location, especially if you are traveling from the airport or using the metro. Breakfast was serve in the beautiful dinning room each morning and there was a kitchen available for our use stocked with clean dishes. Our room was cleaned every day and they had amazing wifi and AC. Billy and his staff could not have been more accommodating and kind, highly highly recommend!

It is my second time in Casa de Billy. I like the house very much. The kindness of all the staff has been spotless, in fact the amability goes far beyond what I could have expected. The rooms are always nice, clean. The house is beatuiful and homy. The house is in a centric area, yet not at the very center. Perfect location to connect to the airport (Pza España) or to catch a train at Estacion Sants. Metro a block away. In a few weeks I will return to Casa de Billy. I am looking forward to it

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Spain

We had a very pleasant stay ant Casa de Billy Barcelona Gran Via. The location for us was ideal to do walking tours of the city. Our room was located on the 4th floor with a small balcony onto Gran Via. Our host Joaquin and his staff made our stay that much better. I must commend Joaquin for making the extra effort to locate a portable air conditioner to replace the one in our unit that was not working. The shared bath was always clean and posed no issues for us.

• 20th Jun 2015

This place was an oasis in the heart of Barcelona that we loved returning to each night. The rooms were really clean and fresh. The breakfasts were delicious and a great start to the day. All the staff were fantastic and would go out of their way to help you with anything.

• 17th Jun 2015

My wife and i spent eight nights at Casa Billy and the whole experience was fabulous. The hosts, Billy and Joaquin were fantastic, They could not have been more helpful, welcoming, charming ...I am running out of superlatives. The position could not have been better a block and a half from Roquerfort Metro station and two and a half blocks from Espanya Metro station. Espanya is also where trains leave from for Montserrat as well as where buses to and from the airport leave and arrive at.

• 17th Jun 2015

For anyone traveling to Barcelona and looking for an affordable yet luxurious place, I highly recommend Casa de Billy. The staff is very generous and polite. The environment is clean and classy. The location is perfect for tourists. The rooms are secure and locked. I was really impressed by Casa de Billy because the manager took the extra time to handle my circumstances. I would highly recommend this place!!

• 17th Jun 2015

There were 6 in our party and we had the superior room which had use of a roof terrace our friends were able to make use of this lovely space .Siri and Joachim were wonderful hosts nothing was too much trouble we were able to use the kitchens facilities at no extra cost this was an added touch to the beautiful accommodation we shared. The bedrooms were all of a high standard and the location was perfect for our trip.

• 8th Jun 2015

We shared a bathroom which we don't normally do, but they were so clean and with few enough people using them it was very easy.

We found Joaquin and Zac to be excellent hosts. They were both very attentive and helpful. We would recommend Casa de Billy to anyone wishing to stay in Barcelona. We loved the antique furniture and atmosphere, and it was excellent value for money. We'd definitely like to stay again. Thank you for a memorable time. Martin & Christina.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Generally we had a great time being in the rear bedroom on 3rd floor which included a private bathroom and opened onto the dining room. The bedroom also opened onto the laundry drying area which was a bit odd but did not inconvenience us. Travelling with another couple gave us 2 of the rooms on that floor. Our room was quiet at night, I believe there was some traffic noise in the front room. Breakfast was typically european and enough to start the day.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We enjoyed the homely atmosphere and the interior decoration, lovely table settings and freedom of the use of the house. The staff were very friendly and helpful with ticket purchases, etc, Our private en-suite bathroom was on the small side and semi detached. The shower needs some attention. Overall a pleasant stay.

• 28th May 2015
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

What a find! Fantastic location, and such lovely people! . I stayed in the one Single room on the 5th floor. A small room, but with enough space to move, simple mish mash of old fashioned décor, a window that opens, very comfortable single bed, bedside table, wardrobe, room safe, desk and comfy chair, air con, power points. Shared bathroom, no problem! All the facilities of an apartment! Highly recommend and I will definitely stay here again! Great value and felt, very much, at home!

• 24th May 2015

Casa de Billy was one of my best travel experiences! The location is perfect - convenient to everything yet out of the craziness. The staff was warm, welcoming, friendly, helpful and totally accommodating. I felt taken care of and left feeling like I had met people I really enjoyed visiting with.

• 23rd May 2015

It is not just an hostel. It is a beautiful old house with all the necesasry facilities. The host was very kind. The street where the guesthouse is located is quite a bit noisy.

Charming, friendly & real Barcelona experience. Recommended if you prefer a 'non-chain hotel' experience.

• 7th May 2015

Staff was great. Enjoyed the delightful simple breakfast after 10 days of too much food at big hotel breakfast buffets. Loved having access to well stocked kitchen facilities and outside terrace. Some furnishings were a little worn but had great character. All in all we are happy to have stayed at Billys and will recommend to friends who have a similar travel style as ours.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Siri goes out of his way to be helpful...he even made me soup and tea when I was sick!... can't say enough good things about him!

• 30th Apr 2015

My wife and I enjoyed the property for a brief 2 day stay. Room was nice. The decor and the furniture are quite distinctive. My wife called the chair in our room, the Queen's. Siri, our resident host, was amazing, polite, helpful, knowledgeable, etc. The room my wife and I had faced the inner courtyard, and was very quiet. Kitchen and dining area was great for us. And hell ya, the whole wheat croissants were spectacular, the best from our entire trip across a small region of Europe.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Casa de Billy was exactly what I was hoping for. After reading the reviews it held up to being a lovely, comfortable homey stay. Billy, Joachim, and Siri were there whenever you needed them and offered up assistance with planning our stay in Barcelona. Like some reviews mentioned, if you need a more substantial breakfast than a croissant with jam, juice and coffee then you can bring/prepare your own and enjoy a grand breakfast in the loveliest of dining rooms. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BILLY ON MAY 2nd

• 22nd Apr 2015

Really enjoyed staying here. I was the only guest at the time, so I don't know what its like when it's a full house. The staff are great and really friendly though.

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts